Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [CYOA] Astrolodome Attenuation Adventure
1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 26 27
[quote=players]Snipped[/quote] I'm so sorry for the delay everyone! (The results were, once agian, separated by one single vote ...!) Here is your Dusk 6 update ... [img]https://i.imgur.com/nOIujBi.png.png[/img] It’s a difficult decision, and you dither for a few minutes while you try to work out what would be the best thing to do at this point. However, if you want to cast the spell, you’ll first need to [color=deeppink][b]gather the ingredients and equipment[/b][/color]. You think back to the list in [i]‘The Spellbook of Charn’[/i] — you really wish you could bring that with you every time you reset! You didn’t spend a huge amount of time looking at the ingredients, but you do remember that you needed a variety of [b]crystals[/b] and some [b]wands[/b]. It definitely helps that your Professor mentioned those items in her explanation! You’re pretty sure she said something about Arcane crystals, too, so you assume you’ll need Chalcedony, Celestine and Rhodochrosite. Those should be easy enough to find at your local gem shop. If you need to draw a magic circle, you’ll need something to draw it with. Lots of mages use Rosy Gypsum, and in fact — you check your pockets and grin to yourself when you find the very stick you used to draw the ward you’re currently sitting in. One item down already! The wands … your Professor didn’t say anything specific about what they were made of, just how to use them. You think there was some detail in the list, but surely one wand is much the same as another. Right? [center][item=rosy gypsum][item=pink chalcedony][item=celestine][item=rhodochrosite][item=chalcedony][item=avian gemstaff][/center] You set off towards the shopping district closest to your home, repeating the items you need to yourself as you squeeze through the Festival crowds. You check some of the stalls as you pass, hoping you might see just the items you need on sale there, but while you do spot a few promising options, the prices seem to be inflated for the Festival tourists. You keep moving: you should still have time to get everything. You reach ‘Giri’s Gems’ — the owner is a fellow Pearlcatcher and your regular crystal supplier. He calls out a greeting as you step inside. [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/scry?sdid=726400&skin=0&apparel=34633,473,13811,36751,13819,13779,33689,447,21858&xt=dressing.png[/img][/center] “Hello there! Doing some last minute spellwork before the Festival?” he asks with a chuckle. “You should tell that Professor of your to ease up, she’s working you too hard.” You force a laugh and then get right down to business. “Giri, I need Chalcedony, Celestine and Rhodochrosite — quick, please. I have a deadline!” “Oh, well: if there’s a deadline ...” he says in a sarcastic drawl, but despite his teasing he turns swiftly towards the gemstones you asked for. “How many do you need?” There’s a question! You’re honestly not sure. You think your Professor mentioned something about ‘the face of a clock’ in her description of where to place the gems around the magic circle, so you guess: “Twelve in total. Four of each?” “Right you are,” he says. You pay for the crystals and sweep them into your bag as fast as you can, thanking Giri and promising to explain another time before you dash back out into the crowds. Now you need wands. You don’t use them much yourself so you’re not really sure where to start. You strike out down the street, peering in through shop windows at the wares on display, until — there! A shop, with a sheaf of wands displayed in the window. You run in. [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=34&bodygene=78&breed=17&element=10&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=42&tertgene=36&winggene=37&wings=35&auth=9b01d4b4464efa7706f02c235f9a353c041591f9&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center] “Welcome!” the shopkeeper says as the bell jangles above the door. She’s a Nature Gaoler with yellow flowers growing in her green fur. She seems delighted to see you. “Hello, I’m looking for some wands,” you tell her as she comes over. You’re immediately enveloped in the strong scent of the blossoms: how can she stand that all of the time? “You’re certainly in the right place for that!” she giggles. “We have a plentiful selection, and I’d be more than happy to show you around and find [i]just[/i] the right wand for you. All of our wares have been specially crafted in the Viridian Labyrinth, from trees grown in sustainable groves near the Wild Sanctum — so they’re very much infused with power.” On another day, it might be interesting to hear about wand production, but right now you don’t have time to listen. You clear your throat to interrupt. “Look, I just need six wands. I’ll take these.” You gather up the closest six you can see: a mismatched collection in a display marked ‘sale’. “Oh. If you’re sure,” the Gaoler sniffs. She seems quite offended that you interrupted her sales pitch, but you don’t have time to explain: you buy the wands and get out of there as quickly as you can. The sun is already looking very low in the sky, and the Festival crowds are brimming with anticipation for the comet’s arrival. You don’t have much time. What are you going to do now? [center][b][size=5][url=https://forms.gle/9DSAhSG1ymj34Ddq8][emoji=sun size=1] Dusk Choice 6 [emoji=sun size=1] What do you do?[/size][/b][/url] Make your choice via the Google Form linked above. This Choice will be open until [b]11pm FR Time[/b] on Friday 01 October.[/center]
players wrote:
Snipped

I'm so sorry for the delay everyone! (The results were, once agian, separated by one single vote ...!) Here is your Dusk 6 update ...

nOIujBi.png.png

It’s a difficult decision, and you dither for a few minutes while you try to work out what would be the best thing to do at this point. However, if you want to cast the spell, you’ll first need to gather the ingredients and equipment.

You think back to the list in ‘The Spellbook of Charn’ — you really wish you could bring that with you every time you reset!

You didn’t spend a huge amount of time looking at the ingredients, but you do remember that you needed a variety of crystals and some wands. It definitely helps that your Professor mentioned those items in her explanation! You’re pretty sure she said something about Arcane crystals, too, so you assume you’ll need Chalcedony, Celestine and Rhodochrosite. Those should be easy enough to find at your local gem shop.

If you need to draw a magic circle, you’ll need something to draw it with. Lots of mages use Rosy Gypsum, and in fact — you check your pockets and grin to yourself when you find the very stick you used to draw the ward you’re currently sitting in. One item down already!

The wands … your Professor didn’t say anything specific about what they were made of, just how to use them. You think there was some detail in the list, but surely one wand is much the same as another. Right?
Rosy Gypsum Pink Chalcedony Celestine Rhodochrosite Avian Gemstaff

You set off towards the shopping district closest to your home, repeating the items you need to yourself as you squeeze through the Festival crowds. You check some of the stalls as you pass, hoping you might see just the items you need on sale there, but while you do spot a few promising options, the prices seem to be inflated for the Festival tourists. You keep moving: you should still have time to get everything.

You reach ‘Giri’s Gems’ — the owner is a fellow Pearlcatcher and your regular crystal supplier. He calls out a greeting as you step inside.
scry?sdid=726400&skin=0&apparel=34633,473,13811,36751,13819,13779,33689,447,21858&xt=dressing.png

“Hello there! Doing some last minute spellwork before the Festival?” he asks with a chuckle. “You should tell that Professor of your to ease up, she’s working you too hard.”

You force a laugh and then get right down to business. “Giri, I need Chalcedony, Celestine and Rhodochrosite — quick, please. I have a deadline!”

“Oh, well: if there’s a deadline ...” he says in a sarcastic drawl, but despite his teasing he turns swiftly towards the gemstones you asked for. “How many do you need?”

There’s a question! You’re honestly not sure. You think your Professor mentioned something about ‘the face of a clock’ in her description of where to place the gems around the magic circle, so you guess: “Twelve in total. Four of each?”

“Right you are,” he says.

You pay for the crystals and sweep them into your bag as fast as you can, thanking Giri and promising to explain another time before you dash back out into the crowds.

Now you need wands. You don’t use them much yourself so you’re not really sure where to start. You strike out down the street, peering in through shop windows at the wares on display, until — there! A shop, with a sheaf of wands displayed in the window. You run in.
dragon?age=1&body=34&bodygene=78&breed=17&element=10&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=42&tertgene=36&winggene=37&wings=35&auth=9b01d4b4464efa7706f02c235f9a353c041591f9&dummyext=prev.png

“Welcome!” the shopkeeper says as the bell jangles above the door. She’s a Nature Gaoler with yellow flowers growing in her green fur. She seems delighted to see you.

“Hello, I’m looking for some wands,” you tell her as she comes over. You’re immediately enveloped in the strong scent of the blossoms: how can she stand that all of the time?

“You’re certainly in the right place for that!” she giggles. “We have a plentiful selection, and I’d be more than happy to show you around and find just the right wand for you. All of our wares have been specially crafted in the Viridian Labyrinth, from trees grown in sustainable groves near the Wild Sanctum — so they’re very much infused with power.”

On another day, it might be interesting to hear about wand production, but right now you don’t have time to listen. You clear your throat to interrupt. “Look, I just need six wands. I’ll take these.”

You gather up the closest six you can see: a mismatched collection in a display marked ‘sale’.

“Oh. If you’re sure,” the Gaoler sniffs. She seems quite offended that you interrupted her sales pitch, but you don’t have time to explain: you buy the wands and get out of there as quickly as you can.

The sun is already looking very low in the sky, and the Festival crowds are brimming with anticipation for the comet’s arrival. You don’t have much time. What are you going to do now?
Dusk Choice 6
What do you do?

Make your choice via the Google Form linked above.
This Choice will be open until 11pm FR Time on Friday 01 October.
A two-toned pink eight-pointed compass rose with the Arcane symbol at the centre, with the word 'adept' hand-written in front of the downwards point
The Spire, home of the Lundlaevungar: a crystal island shaped like an inverted mountain floating above the sea in a yellow sky
The Pirate Trials button, linking to the thread: a pink pearl with subtle gold sparkles, with 'The Pirate Trials' handwritten in front; the P is an eye patch with a skull on it Arcane Badge depicting the Oculus of the Eleven
Clan Lore

Exalted Dragons

FR+8

they/them
Ah. Oh dear; I clicked "submit" on the "try to recruit Erasmus" part, not realizing it wasn't a button for 'next' and then a confirmation of my username. I resubmitted to go back to the library with the other mages, but I imagine there might be some desire to change the form so it requires a confirmation after both Erasmus and The Professor?
Ah. Oh dear; I clicked "submit" on the "try to recruit Erasmus" part, not realizing it wasn't a button for 'next' and then a confirmation of my username. I resubmitted to go back to the library with the other mages, but I imagine there might be some desire to change the form so it requires a confirmation after both Erasmus and The Professor?

1C4RmMC.png
mlHpBMC.png
LF :: nests of
yMgLfNO.pnggem.pngcherubgeneeggivory.pngFz6gBO0.png
@ZippoFeuer Whooooops, that's my mistake, sorry about that!

The form is now working correctly and I'll fix your submission for you.
@ZippoFeuer Whooooops, that's my mistake, sorry about that!

The form is now working correctly and I'll fix your submission for you.
A two-toned pink eight-pointed compass rose with the Arcane symbol at the centre, with the word 'adept' hand-written in front of the downwards point
The Spire, home of the Lundlaevungar: a crystal island shaped like an inverted mountain floating above the sea in a yellow sky
The Pirate Trials button, linking to the thread: a pink pearl with subtle gold sparkles, with 'The Pirate Trials' handwritten in front; the P is an eye patch with a skull on it Arcane Badge depicting the Oculus of the Eleven
Clan Lore

Exalted Dragons

FR+8

they/them
No time left for anything else! Meet the mages at the dome :D
No time left for anything else! Meet the mages at the dome :D
w5ew2DI.pngjZrUnmb.pngVA4qnlJ.pngAY4kYGm.pngpPPA8FZ.png
[/center]
It would be a shame to have gathered all of these materials for nothing- I'm voting for meeting with the mages while we still have them. Maybe they've located more dragons willing to help?
It would be a shame to have gathered all of these materials for nothing- I'm voting for meeting with the mages while we still have them. Maybe they've located more dragons willing to help?
PX2x8Tb.pngimage-9.pngWCSunday.pngFragmented-Tablet.pngKelBIQc.png
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/69422914][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/694230/69422914_350.png[/img][/url] [i]Friday - PM[/i][/center] "Thank you!" Abdul calls back to the Gaoler as he bustles out the door. He tries to juggle his pearl and all his purchases as he quickly runs over the list in his head. [i]"Right, I think I've got everything I need. No more time to waste; I should meet the other mages at the library!"[/i]
69422914_350.png
Friday - PM

"Thank you!" Abdul calls back to the Gaoler as he bustles out the door. He tries to juggle his pearl and all his purchases as he quickly runs over the list in his head. "Right, I think I've got everything I need. No more time to waste; I should meet the other mages at the library!"
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/51743947][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/517440/51743947_350.png[/img][/url][/center] Abigail laughed with pleasure at her new treasures. Those beautiful gems. So many to choose from. She was definitely going back when time wasn't so pressing. The wands were just a little warped, but wands were wands. Hope I'm not late too late to meet the Mages at the Library.
51743947_350.png

Abigail laughed with pleasure at her new treasures. Those beautiful gems. So many to choose from. She was definitely going back when time wasn't so pressing.

The wands were just a little warped, but wands were wands.

Hope I'm not late too late to meet the Mages at the Library.
ddld6dc.png
1 hour left until Dusk Choice 6 closes! We have more responses on this one than ever before; keep the momentum going! :D
1 hour left until Dusk Choice 6 closes! We have more responses on this one than ever before; keep the momentum going! :D
out_of_this_world_banner_by_minecrafternenagirl-d7m8hz9.png
Cast the spell! Do it!! Make Spacedad proud!!!
Cast the spell! Do it!! Make Spacedad proud!!!
LohCDcp.png ~
5BsilZ9.png
Vs2WmBF.png
GIJjY9o.png
0XJo1WE.png
~
WMCEgD8.png
~
tumblr_inline_nb1keetDsO1qg78ij.png
I'm down with meeting the mages at the Library; they're likely the only ones we've talked to that know what's going on (except maybe Erasmus...?).

Poor miss gaoler! I'd love to hear about wands and where they come from!
I'm down with meeting the mages at the Library; they're likely the only ones we've talked to that know what's going on (except maybe Erasmus...?).

Poor miss gaoler! I'd love to hear about wands and where they come from!
g2TOb2t.png yMwAJm4.gifgladekeeper.png
1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 26 27