Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [CYOA] Astrolodome Attenuation Adventure
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 26 27
A telescope vote--on the dome--as well, though I'd definitely like to get back to the library to take a look at that one book... Tomorrow, hopefully! (or will that be yesterday? TIME LOOOPS)
A telescope vote--on the dome--as well, though I'd definitely like to get back to the library to take a look at that one book... Tomorrow, hopefully! (or will that be yesterday? TIME LOOOPS)
~~ Call me Beato!
MUYNhfy.png
v2PJF9u.png
Aswnqzl.png

FObX7rS.png
7UXlQKU.gif
WyzHFF3.gif glnLzx2.gif WyzHFF3.gif wtae0IEm_o.pngxb40JV1.png
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/69422914][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/694230/69422914_350.png[/img][/url] [i]Monday - PM[/i][/center] [i]"I can't be certain I'll make any headway if I just do the same things as last time,"[/i] Abdul sighs inwardly. He rather doubts there's much to be gained by talking to the guard or Erasmus. Perhaps taking a closer look at the comet will be more illuminating.
69422914_350.png
Monday - PM

"I can't be certain I'll make any headway if I just do the same things as last time," Abdul sighs inwardly. He rather doubts there's much to be gained by talking to the guard or Erasmus. Perhaps taking a closer look at the comet will be more illuminating.
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
Dusk Choice 2 is closing at 23:00 FRT (11pm)! You have around 35 minutes to get your responses in! [emoji=guardian happy]
Dusk Choice 2 is closing at 23:00 FRT (11pm)! You have around 35 minutes to get your responses in!
out_of_this_world_banner_by_minecrafternenagirl-d7m8hz9.png
How did my internet die at the worst possible time? I tried to vote and ended up 35 minutes late. ;-;
How did my internet die at the worst possible time? I tried to vote and ended up 35 minutes late. ;-;
sgriffin-3988-7_44_47_7_5_1.png
Pklc9an.png
Clockwork
08atrGc.pngJ7D1quC.png
FXwV0CB.pngFObX7rS.pngSaronai's Free Star Lighting Raffle. Over 3kg in prizes. Ends February 1st. Click to learn more!
Eclipse
LCqISMP.pngDXTcInl.png
11efmKl.pngxjB7OSe.png
CnMSNyK.pngYMPbu9R.png
RFRWPUM.png
wVdpf6V.png

IBK-63.png
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Former First Column Spacer ^^^^^^^^^
[quote=Players] [center][b][i]Pinglist was here![/i][/b][/center][/quote] [center]Good morning, everyone! The response to this event has been amazing! Thanks again for participating. ^^ Let's see the results of today's Dusk Choice...[/center] [img]https://i.imgur.com/nOIujBi.png.png[/img] [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/scry?sdid=1939057&skin=0&apparel=18828,26850,13082,690,17243,17241,40863&xt=dressing.png[/img][/center] You make your way over to the [color=deeppink][b]gate guard[/b][/color]: a Snapper whose smile is friendly, despite the weapons he carries and the sturdy armour he wears. He nods in greeting. “Happy Starfall, friend.” “Happy Starfall,” you reply, smiling against your worries. You glance past him at the gate. “What’s going on here? Aren’t we letting anyone else in?” “Ah,” he says, shuffling his feet. “It’s a little embarrassing, I’m afraid: the gates just… shut themselves, earlier this afternoon. And no matter what we try, we can’t get them open.” “What?” you gasp, eyes widening. The Snapper nods sadly. “I’m afraid so. It’s caused quite the commotion, I can tell you!” He looks over his shoulder at the crystalline doors and shakes his head. “I just hope everybody who wanted to visit the Astrolodome today isn’t too disappointed.” “Do you remember when it happened?” you ask, following his gaze. You have a feeling you could probably guess. “Yep! It was right after the dome went all bright and sparkly earlier—did you see it? I thought it was beautiful, right up until [i]clang[/i]! The doors slammed shut right behind me. I’m lucky I didn’t have my tail in there—and that no one was walking through,” he says, eyes concerned at the thought of what a disaster either of those things could have been. “I’ve been a gate guard since I was barely more than a hatchling, and I’ve never seen anything like it.” You move past him to get a better look at the doors, watching the swirls of magic move inside them. Is it your imagination, or is it getting more translucent? You can almost make out shapes through the arcglass now. You take another step, but the Snapper grabs your arm. “Careful, it’s got this weird charge to it, you’ll get a shock,” he warns. You shake out your still-tingling fingers; you're definitely familiar with the feeling. He continues: “The mages who came ‘round earlier to inspect all the gates said something about—what was it? Well, I can’t remember the exact term they used, but they said whatever happened put a charge into the arcglass and now it’s all magnetized together.” "Curious," you mutter, then turn to him with bright eyes, "but I appreciate the help!" He nods dutifully (seems like this guy nods a lot...). You wish him a Happy Starfall once again before walking away, lost in thought about what you’ve discovered. If all the gates are affected, that means the whole of the Astrolodome is permeated with some kind of magic. Is that what caused you to—well, [i]travel through time[/i]? It has to be. But how? You’ve never encountered time-travel before in any of your texts or lessons. You get swept up in the crowds, but the bustle of the Festival coming to life around you doesn’t break through your swirling thoughts: Is it because of the comet? If so, will it happen again when the comet ‘arrives’ a second time? And are you really the only dragon aware of what is happening? Suddenly you feel very small, and quite alone. What are you supposed to do next? If you are stuck in a loop, can you even break free? A sudden gasp catches your attention. You blink and look up to find that it’s fully dark—and the comet is here. The chatter dips before returning with shouts and cheers. You spin around to look. It is just as spectacular as the night before: the three tails burning blue and pink and purple across the night sky. The comet pulses. You hold your breath. The light falls onto the surface of the Astrolodome—your heart sinks as it grows and spreads just like last time, the arcglass blazing until you can’t see the comet or the stars and the night becomes like day. You shut your eyes as the crowd around you babbles their questions, and through your lids there’s a [color=deeppink][b]bright pink flash[/b][/color]— [center][emoji=firework size=1][emoji=firework size=1][emoji=firework size=1][emoji=firework size=1][emoji=firework size=1][emoji=firework size=1][emoji=firework size=1][emoji=firework size=1][emoji=firework size=1][/center] —and when you blink open your eyes, you’re sitting in your ward circle, back in your room, Erasmus scribbling at his desk. [center]Again. For the third time. What now?[/center] [center][b][size=5][url=https://forms.gle/rFdBDTmDhRWJKURE9][emoji=sun size=1] Dawn Choice 3 [emoji=sun size=1] What do you do?[/size][/b][/url] Make your choice via the Google Form linked above. This Choice will be open until [b]11am FR Time[/b] on Tuesday 28 September.[/center]
Players wrote:
Pinglist was here!
Good morning, everyone!

The response to this event has been amazing! Thanks again for participating. ^^

Let's see the results of today's Dusk Choice...
nOIujBi.png.png
scry?sdid=1939057&skin=0&apparel=18828,26850,13082,690,17243,17241,40863&xt=dressing.png

You make your way over to the gate guard: a Snapper whose smile is friendly, despite the weapons he carries and the sturdy armour he wears. He nods in greeting. “Happy Starfall, friend.”

“Happy Starfall,” you reply, smiling against your worries. You glance past him at the gate. “What’s going on here? Aren’t we letting anyone else in?”

“Ah,” he says, shuffling his feet. “It’s a little embarrassing, I’m afraid: the gates just… shut themselves, earlier this afternoon. And no matter what we try, we can’t get them open.”

“What?” you gasp, eyes widening.

The Snapper nods sadly. “I’m afraid so. It’s caused quite the commotion, I can tell you!” He looks over his shoulder at the crystalline doors and shakes his head. “I just hope everybody who wanted to visit the Astrolodome today isn’t too disappointed.”

“Do you remember when it happened?” you ask, following his gaze. You have a feeling you could probably guess.

“Yep! It was right after the dome went all bright and sparkly earlier—did you see it? I thought it was beautiful, right up until clang! The doors slammed shut right behind me. I’m lucky I didn’t have my tail in there—and that no one was walking through,” he says, eyes concerned at the thought of what a disaster either of those things could have been. “I’ve been a gate guard since I was barely more than a hatchling, and I’ve never seen anything like it.”

You move past him to get a better look at the doors, watching the swirls of magic move inside them. Is it your imagination, or is it getting more translucent? You can almost make out shapes through the arcglass now. You take another step, but the Snapper grabs your arm.

“Careful, it’s got this weird charge to it, you’ll get a shock,” he warns. You shake out your still-tingling fingers; you're definitely familiar with the feeling. He continues: “The mages who came ‘round earlier to inspect all the gates said something about—what was it? Well, I can’t remember the exact term they used, but they said whatever happened put a charge into the arcglass and now it’s all magnetized together.”

"Curious," you mutter, then turn to him with bright eyes, "but I appreciate the help!" He nods dutifully (seems like this guy nods a lot...). You wish him a Happy Starfall once again before walking away, lost in thought about what you’ve discovered.

If all the gates are affected, that means the whole of the Astrolodome is permeated with some kind of magic. Is that what caused you to—well, travel through time? It has to be. But how? You’ve never encountered time-travel before in any of your texts or lessons.

You get swept up in the crowds, but the bustle of the Festival coming to life around you doesn’t break through your swirling thoughts: Is it because of the comet? If so, will it happen again when the comet ‘arrives’ a second time? And are you really the only dragon aware of what is happening? Suddenly you feel very small, and quite alone. What are you supposed to do next? If you are stuck in a loop, can you even break free?

A sudden gasp catches your attention. You blink and look up to find that it’s fully dark—and the comet is here. The chatter dips before returning with shouts and cheers. You spin around to look.

It is just as spectacular as the night before: the three tails burning blue and pink and purple across the night sky.

The comet pulses. You hold your breath.

The light falls onto the surface of the Astrolodome—your heart sinks as it grows and spreads just like last time, the arcglass blazing until you can’t see the comet or the stars and the night becomes like day. You shut your eyes as the crowd around you babbles their questions, and through your lids there’s a bright pink flash

—and when you blink open your eyes, you’re sitting in your ward circle, back in your room, Erasmus scribbling at his desk.
Again.

For the third time.

What now?
Dawn Choice 3
What do you do?

Make your choice via the Google Form linked above.
This Choice will be open until 11am FR Time on Tuesday 28 September.
out_of_this_world_banner_by_minecrafternenagirl-d7m8hz9.png
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/69422914][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/694230/69422914_350.png[/img][/url] [i]Tuesday - AM[/i][/center] "Aaaagh, again!" Abdul groans, never mind what Erasmus might think of him. He's sure of it now: he's stuck in a time loop. [i]"But is it happening only beneath the dome? What if the rest of the world outside keeps moving?"[/i] he thinks, his skin prickling uneasily. He wonders if he ought to talk with the officials about this.
69422914_350.png
Tuesday - AM

"Aaaagh, again!" Abdul groans, never mind what Erasmus might think of him. He's sure of it now: he's stuck in a time loop.

"But is it happening only beneath the dome? What if the rest of the world outside keeps moving?" he thinks, his skin prickling uneasily. He wonders if he ought to talk with the officials about this.
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
Damn. Well. Maybe the best friend had some tips? Before trial and erroring everything.
Damn. Well. Maybe the best friend had some tips? Before trial and erroring everything.
w5ew2DI.pngjZrUnmb.pngVA4qnlJ.pngAY4kYGm.pngpPPA8FZ.png
[/center]
Waking up to find that even though you keep insisting on going to the library to check out a book that clearly has useful info on everything that's been happening [i]NO ONE ELSE WANTS TO SO YOU KEEP BEING STUCK IN A TIMELOOP[/i] [img]https://media2.giphy.com/media/LycfkVG4L6x0Y/giphy.gif[/img] [size=5][b]GO. TO. THE LIBRARY.[/b][/size] [size=2]we're gonna be stuck in this timeloop forever aren't we SOB[/size]
Waking up to find that even though you keep insisting on going to the library to check out a book that clearly has useful info on everything that's been happening NO ONE ELSE WANTS TO SO YOU KEEP BEING STUCK IN A TIMELOOP

giphy.gif

GO. TO. THE LIBRARY.

we're gonna be stuck in this timeloop forever aren't we SOB
~~ Call me Beato!
MUYNhfy.png
v2PJF9u.png
Aswnqzl.png

FObX7rS.png
7UXlQKU.gif
WyzHFF3.gif glnLzx2.gif WyzHFF3.gif wtae0IEm_o.pngxb40JV1.png
I feel like we finally have enough information about what’s going on that we need to research and head to the library. I don’t see how telling anyone will help us, or how the telescope (looking at either the meteor or astrodome, and we already seen the astrodome when we flew up to it so the meteor is more useful) helps.

So we need to research the information we currently have at dawn and if we have time, check out the telescope during dusk choice, unless other options open up.
I feel like we finally have enough information about what’s going on that we need to research and head to the library. I don’t see how telling anyone will help us, or how the telescope (looking at either the meteor or astrodome, and we already seen the astrodome when we flew up to it so the meteor is more useful) helps.

So we need to research the information we currently have at dawn and if we have time, check out the telescope during dusk choice, unless other options open up.
Stardust Sap Lamp - G1 Jade/Fog XYX for sale
Erasmus keeps showing up as a choice. He must know something!
Erasmus keeps showing up as a choice. He must know something!
uDNAbBS.png
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 26 27