Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Beyond the Shroud - [Pinkerlocke]
1 2 ... 33 34 35 36 37 ... 45 46
----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2875584/34#post_44181988]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Day 26: Handy Ma'am[/u][/b] [item=winter wolf pelt] Sentence: Writing[/center] ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/61530375][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=61530375&skin=0&apparel=30549,17914,17887,17903&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] The Thundercrack Carnival was drawing to a close, but Midnight was not yet done with the celebrations. The arrival of a new flight, especially one as advanced as the lightning flight, meant the arrival of new knowledge, and between all the fun he had been having with his classmates, he hadn't found the time to peruse the temporary additions to the local library. On the final day of their school break, he finally had the time to visit. Unfortunately for him, none of the books spoke much of magic. There were a number of fascinating scientific papers and technological theory, but Midnight didn't want his abilities to be formed by some sort of mechanics. He liked the way that magic felt when he held it in his hands, the sensation of his own power shaping the world around him. It was thrilling, and nothing Midnight had ever experienced was quite like it. Just as the imperial put down yet another paper on quantam physics - whatever that meant - he caught sight of a pearlcatcher shuffling in. She had her eyes fixed on the books around, peering through round glasses. It wasn't until she turned that he realized that her whole body was lined with eyes that were scanning the shelves around her. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/62740265][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=62740265&skin=0&apparel=6269,24248,20849&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] It didn't take long for the pearlcatcher to droop, as though disappointed by the selection. "Can't find what you're looking for either?" Midnight asked. The pearlcatcher jumped, as though the imperial had pulled her deep in thought. "n-no," she admitted. "I was looking for more complex forms of magic, but all of these seem to be magic mixed with machines. I've tried that." She gestured at the golem following her. "It wasn't my thing." [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/familiar/art/34370.png[/img][/center] "So, you're interested in studying magic as well," Midnight's attention had been captured. He looked the pearlcatcher over in interest. "What sort of magic?" "Anything," she admitted, a guilty smile on her face. "Especially anything powerful and unusual. I mean, what else would you expect?" She laughed and pointed at her numerous eyes. "What about you?" "Magic as well," Midnight grinned. He had found a kindred spirit. "I want to get as powerful as I can, and I want to learn healing magic!" "How has that been going?" The pearlcatcher seemed to have a piqued interest as well. "Well, I'm enrolled at Astra Academy," Midnight puffed out his chest. "Have you heard about it?" "I've seen some brochures," the pearlcatcher admitted shyly. "Is it any good? I was under the impression it was a new school with a bunch of low-ranking teachers. It hasn't exactly gotten very reputable yet." Midnight flushed in indignation. "It may be a new school, but the teachers are amazing! You should come and give it a try before you bash it, see what you think of the way things are run?" "I guess it wouldn't hurt to try," the pearlcatcher shrugged. "Worst comes to worst, I can always leave." "Yes, but once you get there, you won't want to leave!" Midnight was growing more excited. "You should come tonight! We can get you registered. We have a new teacher, there's space. Ifor doesn't have a roommate yet." "Woah, woah! Slow down!" The pearlcatcher laughed. "I'm going to need to time to get my stuff together! Besides, I don't even know your name yet!" "It's Midnight," the imperial said, holding out a hand. "I'm Sasha," the pearlcatcher took it, winking. "I'll see you tomorrow morning at dawn. You better not be late, otherwise I might change my mind." ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2875584/36#post_44231404]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@CleverDual @Leopardmask @Sabariel @Drachenschwinge @Autumnus @GrinningWolf24 @Glassowary @CleverTrick @Stormlark @Dakala @Moonweaverr @Tirtouga678 @unicorn9 @Disillusionist @catmeow1 @Tynethyne @SkullGeist @Dynami @ShinyDecidueye @Tiffkaboo @secretlylying @MisterMylez @BarbaraFett @Aetherstorm @VeniVidiVici @YakileBekrea @MeepBoie400 @CorvvusCorax @WeaverofLies @myriadofstars @HauntedWhale @slp0001 @amxndael @Solaristigres @NovaBorn[/center] ----- Don't ask me anything about quantam physics, I don't know anything about it, it just sounded smart.

Day 26: Handy Ma'am
Winter Wolf Pelt
Sentence: Writing

dragon?did=61530375&skin=0&apparel=30549,17914,17887,17903&xt=dressing.png

The Thundercrack Carnival was drawing to a close, but Midnight was not yet done with the celebrations. The arrival of a new flight, especially one as advanced as the lightning flight, meant the arrival of new knowledge, and between all the fun he had been having with his classmates, he hadn't found the time to peruse the temporary additions to the local library. On the final day of their school break, he finally had the time to visit.

Unfortunately for him, none of the books spoke much of magic. There were a number of fascinating scientific papers and technological theory, but Midnight didn't want his abilities to be formed by some sort of mechanics. He liked the way that magic felt when he held it in his hands, the sensation of his own power shaping the world around him. It was thrilling, and nothing Midnight had ever experienced was quite like it.

Just as the imperial put down yet another paper on quantam physics - whatever that meant - he caught sight of a pearlcatcher shuffling in. She had her eyes fixed on the books around, peering through round glasses. It wasn't until she turned that he realized that her whole body was lined with eyes that were scanning the shelves around her.
dragon?did=62740265&skin=0&apparel=6269,24248,20849&xt=dressing.png

It didn't take long for the pearlcatcher to droop, as though disappointed by the selection.

"Can't find what you're looking for either?" Midnight asked.

The pearlcatcher jumped, as though the imperial had pulled her deep in thought. "n-no," she admitted. "I was looking for more complex forms of magic, but all of these seem to be magic mixed with machines. I've tried that." She gestured at the golem following her. "It wasn't my thing."
34370.png

"So, you're interested in studying magic as well," Midnight's attention had been captured. He looked the pearlcatcher over in interest. "What sort of magic?"

"Anything," she admitted, a guilty smile on her face. "Especially anything powerful and unusual. I mean, what else would you expect?" She laughed and pointed at her numerous eyes. "What about you?"

"Magic as well," Midnight grinned. He had found a kindred spirit. "I want to get as powerful as I can, and I want to learn healing magic!"

"How has that been going?" The pearlcatcher seemed to have a piqued interest as well.

"Well, I'm enrolled at Astra Academy," Midnight puffed out his chest. "Have you heard about it?"

"I've seen some brochures," the pearlcatcher admitted shyly. "Is it any good? I was under the impression it was a new school with a bunch of low-ranking teachers. It hasn't exactly gotten very reputable yet."

Midnight flushed in indignation. "It may be a new school, but the teachers are amazing! You should come and give it a try before you bash it, see what you think of the way things are run?"

"I guess it wouldn't hurt to try," the pearlcatcher shrugged. "Worst comes to worst, I can always leave."

"Yes, but once you get there, you won't want to leave!" Midnight was growing more excited. "You should come tonight! We can get you registered. We have a new teacher, there's space. Ifor doesn't have a roommate yet."

"Woah, woah! Slow down!" The pearlcatcher laughed. "I'm going to need to time to get my stuff together! Besides, I don't even know your name yet!"

"It's Midnight," the imperial said, holding out a hand.

"I'm Sasha," the pearlcatcher took it, winking. "I'll see you tomorrow morning at dawn. You better not be late, otherwise I might change my mind."

Don't ask me anything about quantam physics, I don't know anything about it, it just sounded smart.
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
Pfff I'm no better. One physics high school class I remember noting but extreme stress from, and that's it.
Im loving Sasha already! Hope she joins up with the gang
Pfff I'm no better. One physics high school class I remember noting but extreme stress from, and that's it.
Im loving Sasha already! Hope she joins up with the gang
Jar of Vapors I collect Bottled Embers and Jar Of Vapors!
WishList
Bottled Embers
@Petall Aaaaaww, I dunno why, but for some reason, Perseus' intro here struck me as really cute. I liked imagining him toddling around after Sasha. Glad to see Midnight's feeling a bit better too. I hope Sasha and Perseus get along with the others.

And oh boy, quantum physics. I can't remember where I read it, but there's a joke about how if you want to make everything sound sciencey, you just stick "quantum" in front of every noun. "I'm gonna go make some quantum toast and fry some quantum eggs on the quantum pan."
@Petall Aaaaaww, I dunno why, but for some reason, Perseus' intro here struck me as really cute. I liked imagining him toddling around after Sasha. Glad to see Midnight's feeling a bit better too. I hope Sasha and Perseus get along with the others.

And oh boy, quantum physics. I can't remember where I read it, but there's a joke about how if you want to make everything sound sciencey, you just stick "quantum" in front of every noun. "I'm gonna go make some quantum toast and fry some quantum eggs on the quantum pan."
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
@VeniVidiVici

Physics was the one things I never really could wrap my mind around in high school. Well, that and French.

@Disillusionist

That is a really cute image!!!!

That's hilarious! It's just like how in TAZ they make everything fit into the fantasy setting by adding 'fantasy' in front of a word! *Fantasy Costco jingle plays in my head*
@VeniVidiVici

Physics was the one things I never really could wrap my mind around in high school. Well, that and French.

@Disillusionist

That is a really cute image!!!!

That's hilarious! It's just like how in TAZ they make everything fit into the fantasy setting by adding 'fantasy' in front of a word! *Fantasy Costco jingle plays in my head*
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@Petall

Sasha is HERE!!!! And aww, Perseus looks adorable. I'm interested to see how she interacts with the others, because rn it looks like she's going the Midnight direction.

And lol, I don't even take physics, so I probably know even less about quantum physics than you. XD
@Petall

Sasha is HERE!!!! And aww, Perseus looks adorable. I'm interested to see how she interacts with the others, because rn it looks like she's going the Midnight direction.

And lol, I don't even take physics, so I probably know even less about quantum physics than you. XD
Tirtouga | FR +16 | she/her

@Tirtouga678

I'm so excited to have her actually be a part of things! And Ifor finally has a roommate after a year!!!
@Tirtouga678

I'm so excited to have her actually be a part of things! And Ifor finally has a roommate after a year!!!
I didn't think it was possible to love Sasha any more than I already did, she's definitely my favourite character!!
I didn't think it was possible to love Sasha any more than I already did, she's definitely my favourite character!!
lightning.gif x
eGiN2Xv.png --
WuLeD0x.png
x
» Autumn
» they/he/she
» FR+8
@Autumnus

That's great!!! I'm glad that you like her so much!!!
@Autumnus

That's great!!! I'm glad that you like her so much!!!
@Petall

i only read the last two updates now because i was out camping before but- ahh more good content!! :D i love the prophecy from talfan's familiar omg – i wonder what it'll lead to. and i love sasha too! she seems like an interesting character for sure, i can't wait to get to know more about her owo
@Petall

i only read the last two updates now because i was out camping before but- ahh more good content!! :D i love the prophecy from talfan's familiar omg – i wonder what it'll lead to. and i love sasha too! she seems like an interesting character for sure, i can't wait to get to know more about her owo
x8bDWFu.png
5BsilZ9.png
dEe2UrM.png
NOP5viO.png
@amxndael

AAAA thank you!!! I'm excited too! My next update is going to be pretty exciting!!! ;) Also, I hope you enjoyed your camping trip, that sounds so fun!!!
@amxndael

AAAA thank you!!! I'm excited too! My next update is going to be pretty exciting!!! ;) Also, I hope you enjoyed your camping trip, that sounds so fun!!!
1 2 ... 33 34 35 36 37 ... 45 46