Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Beyond the Shroud - [Pinkerlocke]
1 2 ... 34 35 36 37 38 ... 45 46
----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2875584/35#post_44191448]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Day 27: Dancing in the Moonlight[/u][/b] [item=dented iron pauldrons] Sentence: Breed/Scroll/Adopt a Dragon[/center] ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/61774797][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=61774797&skin=0&apparel=554,12896&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] It was an unusually clear night for this early on in a Year of Lightning. The Thundercrack Carnival had barely ended, and the scorching heat of the Year of Fire was a long way off. Still, there was not a single cloud in the sky, and the full moon shone on the town below. In the heavens, stars twinkled and danced, dashed with the many falling stars that could be seen in the Starfall Isles. Ifor did not know why she was here, at The Many Eyes. She had been avoiding it since their confrontation with Talfan, despite Enser's reassurances that it was okay. But this night had called to her like many other, bringing her the call of Iapetos' performance. Despite herself, she just couldn't stay away from that for long. She was equally enchanted and mortified by her run-in with the mirror during the festival. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/62594537][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=62594537&skin=22263&apparel=475,270&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] Tonight seemed different. There was a magic in the air that Ifor had not felt before, and though she was certain it was just the effect of the crowd, the guardian couldn't help but feel like Iapetos was looking at her as he crooned into the new microphone the tavern had picked up from one of the lightning vendors. She was utterly swept away by the plink of the piano keys and the way they blended with his smooth voice. "The way you wear your hat... The way you sip your tea... The memory of all that... No, no they can't take that away from me..." Ifor couldn't help but blush and lower the rim of her hat as his eyes stared directly into her soul. Her hand holding her mug of tea shook, and she had to put it down before she could allow it to reach her mouth. Those lyrics were just a coincidence, right? There was no way that they could mean anything. "You know," an old skydancer leaned in. "They say that the clear nights, when you can see the meteor shower in all its spledor and colours, are the most romantic. The stars smile down on young dragons, and grant them special moments with the ones they long to hold." She winked, and Ifor shrunk back, embarrassed. She had probably sensed the emotion the guardian herself had not been willing to admit. "I don't know what you're talking about," Ifor mumbled. "Oh, I don't blame you my dear," the skydancer laughed. "If I were a little younger, I would be all over that handsome fellow. Go get him. If anything's going to happen, it will happen on a night of falling stars." "Are you boring her with your old wive's tales again?" The elderly snapper next to her frowned. "I apologize for her behaviour. Nights like this remind her of when we were young and falling in love." The skydancer bit back a dramatic response, and Ifor left the couple to her bickering. Soon afterwards, the performance came to an end, far earlier than usual. Ifor's heart sank, despite herself. How could it be over so soon? Sighing, she downed the last of her tea and made her way towards the door. "Pardon me, I was wondering if you could spare a moment," a voice sounded behind Ifor as a paw touched her leg. She turned to see Iapetos' sparking eyes looking up into hers. Internally, Ifor melted into a puddle and her words left her. "Wh-what is it?" She asked, hoping he couldn't hear her heart beating out of her chest. "I was wondering if you wanted to dance with me, out on the upper balcony. My cousin is visiting, and he wants to take the next song," Iapetos grinned, removing his hat and tipping it to the guardian. Everything in her was screaming yes, but she couldn't get her tongue to move. Then she looked up, through the upper window, and caught sight of a single pink shooting star, and she found her confidence. "I would be honoured," Ifor bowed, and let the mirror lead her up the stair and out into the night air. The pale glow of the moon lit up the night, gleaming off of their scales. A flurry of shooting stars arced across the sky dazzling the darkness in a multitude of colours. The soft tones of another's voice filled the night, and Iapetos began to move. All too easily, Ifor found herself falling in rhythm with him. She let the music wash over her, giving her permission to exist in this moment. Her steps grew more intentional, until to her embarrassment, she realized she was leading the dance, not him. The mirror didn't seem bothered though. He kept up with her, matching her beat by beat. As the song wound down, leaving only the notes of a melodic piano, the two dragons drew nearer to each other, until they could feel each other's breath. "Thank you for this dance," Iapetos grinned. "I've been wanting to talk with you for a while. I've noticed you at my performances, and I've noticed the way you look at me." "You have?!" Ifor blushed and stepped away. "I didn't mean-" "Relax," The mirror drew closer. "You haven't scared me away. In fact, I admire your confidence. I've been waiting for a good moment to steal you away like this." "You like me?" Ifor didn't know what to think. "You're beautiful, clever, and you have a knack for music, what's not to like?" Iapetos whispered. "Why? Do you not feel the same way for me?" "No, I do!" Ifor said rather quickly. "I just didn't think you would-" "Shhh, let's not talk about this," Iapetos listed a tail to her mouth. "Such conversations can be left for tomorrow. Tonight, let's enjoy the moonlight and the music, and let this be the perfect night." The perfect night. Tonight, she could let go, be whoever she wanted to be, just for tonight. A night where she didn't have to worry about anything, where all she had to think about was the boy in front of her and how much he made her heart flutter. And apparently he liked her too. As the music swelled once more, the two dragons draw closer and closer, Ifor lowering her head to be level with his, and their lips pressed together. And before Ifor knew it, they were locked in an embrace together, completely and fully each others, just for one night. [center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/0fedefe284e730eba9ef7fd934762f1c/tumblr_inline_o25fuv277c1r3lvtf_500.png[/img][/center] Ifor's eyes cracked open as the light of dawn broke through the window. The room was oddly dark, and not just because of the stormclouds that had filled the air once more. She wasn't in her dorm. As she got up, the mirror beside her stirred and turned over, back asleep. What had she done? A wave of panic washed over her, threatening the memory of the night before. She would not let that memory be tarnished. It was the perfect night, and it would remain that way. If she stayed until Iapetos awoke, that would mean awkward conversations about what they were to each other, and if Iapetos only wanted it to last one night... well, Ifor couldn't bear letting all that crash onto her. So she took off, out the the tavern and taking off the the sky, feeling the first drops of the morning rain streak down her scales as she flew towards the school. She was going to be late for her classes. And just like that, her night with Iapetos faded into a dream, and she vowed to not let it become more than that, lest her heart be crushed. ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2875584/37#post_44240495]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@CleverDual @Leopardmask @Sabariel @Drachenschwinge @Autumnus @GrinningWolf24 @Glassowary @CleverTrick @Stormlark @Dakala @Moonweaverr @Tirtouga678 @unicorn9 @Disillusionist @catmeow1 @Tynethyne @SkullGeist @Dynami @ShinyDecidueye @Tiffkaboo @secretlylying @MisterMylez @BarbaraFett @Aetherstorm @VeniVidiVici @YakileBekrea @MeepBoie400 @CorvvusCorax @WeaverofLies @myriadofstars @HauntedWhale @slp0001 @amxndael @Solaristigres @NovaBorn[/center] ----- So, I bet you have [i]no idea[/i] what happened as a result of that apparel pull, eh? Chapters might start being a little delayed because I just started a new job, and it takes a lot out of me, so I'll only be writing the evenings I have energy to, when I don't have other plans.

Day 27: Dancing in the Moonlight
Dented Iron Pauldrons
Sentence: Breed/Scroll/Adopt a Dragon

dragon?did=61774797&skin=0&apparel=554,12896&xt=dressing.png

It was an unusually clear night for this early on in a Year of Lightning. The Thundercrack Carnival had barely ended, and the scorching heat of the Year of Fire was a long way off. Still, there was not a single cloud in the sky, and the full moon shone on the town below. In the heavens, stars twinkled and danced, dashed with the many falling stars that could be seen in the Starfall Isles.

Ifor did not know why she was here, at The Many Eyes. She had been avoiding it since their confrontation with Talfan, despite Enser's reassurances that it was okay. But this night had called to her like many other, bringing her the call of Iapetos' performance. Despite herself, she just couldn't stay away from that for long. She was equally enchanted and mortified by her run-in with the mirror during the festival.
dragon?did=62594537&skin=22263&apparel=475,270&xt=dressing.png

Tonight seemed different. There was a magic in the air that Ifor had not felt before, and though she was certain it was just the effect of the crowd, the guardian couldn't help but feel like Iapetos was looking at her as he crooned into the new microphone the tavern had picked up from one of the lightning vendors. She was utterly swept away by the plink of the piano keys and the way they blended with his smooth voice.

"The way you wear your hat... The way you sip your tea... The memory of all that... No, no they can't take that away from me..." Ifor couldn't help but blush and lower the rim of her hat as his eyes stared directly into her soul. Her hand holding her mug of tea shook, and she had to put it down before she could allow it to reach her mouth. Those lyrics were just a coincidence, right? There was no way that they could mean anything.

"You know," an old skydancer leaned in. "They say that the clear nights, when you can see the meteor shower in all its spledor and colours, are the most romantic. The stars smile down on young dragons, and grant them special moments with the ones they long to hold." She winked, and Ifor shrunk back, embarrassed. She had probably sensed the emotion the guardian herself had not been willing to admit.

"I don't know what you're talking about," Ifor mumbled.

"Oh, I don't blame you my dear," the skydancer laughed. "If I were a little younger, I would be all over that handsome fellow. Go get him. If anything's going to happen, it will happen on a night of falling stars."

"Are you boring her with your old wive's tales again?" The elderly snapper next to her frowned. "I apologize for her behaviour. Nights like this remind her of when we were young and falling in love."

The skydancer bit back a dramatic response, and Ifor left the couple to her bickering. Soon afterwards, the performance came to an end, far earlier than usual. Ifor's heart sank, despite herself. How could it be over so soon? Sighing, she downed the last of her tea and made her way towards the door.

"Pardon me, I was wondering if you could spare a moment," a voice sounded behind Ifor as a paw touched her leg. She turned to see Iapetos' sparking eyes looking up into hers. Internally, Ifor melted into a puddle and her words left her.

"Wh-what is it?" She asked, hoping he couldn't hear her heart beating out of her chest.

"I was wondering if you wanted to dance with me, out on the upper balcony. My cousin is visiting, and he wants to take the next song," Iapetos grinned, removing his hat and tipping it to the guardian.

Everything in her was screaming yes, but she couldn't get her tongue to move. Then she looked up, through the upper window, and caught sight of a single pink shooting star, and she found her confidence.

"I would be honoured," Ifor bowed, and let the mirror lead her up the stair and out into the night air. The pale glow of the moon lit up the night, gleaming off of their scales. A flurry of shooting stars arced across the sky dazzling the darkness in a multitude of colours. The soft tones of another's voice filled the night, and Iapetos began to move.

All too easily, Ifor found herself falling in rhythm with him. She let the music wash over her, giving her permission to exist in this moment. Her steps grew more intentional, until to her embarrassment, she realized she was leading the dance, not him. The mirror didn't seem bothered though. He kept up with her, matching her beat by beat.

As the song wound down, leaving only the notes of a melodic piano, the two dragons drew nearer to each other, until they could feel each other's breath.

"Thank you for this dance," Iapetos grinned. "I've been wanting to talk with you for a while. I've noticed you at my performances, and I've noticed the way you look at me."

"You have?!" Ifor blushed and stepped away. "I didn't mean-"

"Relax," The mirror drew closer. "You haven't scared me away. In fact, I admire your confidence. I've been waiting for a good moment to steal you away like this."

"You like me?" Ifor didn't know what to think.

"You're beautiful, clever, and you have a knack for music, what's not to like?" Iapetos whispered. "Why? Do you not feel the same way for me?"

"No, I do!" Ifor said rather quickly. "I just didn't think you would-"

"Shhh, let's not talk about this," Iapetos listed a tail to her mouth. "Such conversations can be left for tomorrow. Tonight, let's enjoy the moonlight and the music, and let this be the perfect night."

The perfect night.

Tonight, she could let go, be whoever she wanted to be, just for tonight. A night where she didn't have to worry about anything, where all she had to think about was the boy in front of her and how much he made her heart flutter.

And apparently he liked her too.

As the music swelled once more, the two dragons draw closer and closer, Ifor lowering her head to be level with his, and their lips pressed together. And before Ifor knew it, they were locked in an embrace together, completely and fully each others, just for one night.

tumblr_inline_o25fuv277c1r3lvtf_500.png

Ifor's eyes cracked open as the light of dawn broke through the window. The room was oddly dark, and not just because of the stormclouds that had filled the air once more.

She wasn't in her dorm.

As she got up, the mirror beside her stirred and turned over, back asleep. What had she done? A wave of panic washed over her, threatening the memory of the night before.

She would not let that memory be tarnished. It was the perfect night, and it would remain that way. If she stayed until Iapetos awoke, that would mean awkward conversations about what they were to each other, and if Iapetos only wanted it to last one night... well, Ifor couldn't bear letting all that crash onto her.

So she took off, out the the tavern and taking off the the sky, feeling the first drops of the morning rain streak down her scales as she flew towards the school. She was going to be late for her classes.

And just like that, her night with Iapetos faded into a dream, and she vowed to not let it become more than that, lest her heart be crushed.

So, I bet you have no idea what happened as a result of that apparel pull, eh?

Chapters might start being a little delayed because I just started a new job, and it takes a lot out of me, so I'll only be writing the evenings I have energy to, when I don't have other plans.
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@Petall Man, I definitely had smooth, sultry jazz music playing in my head during this chapter. xD Really liked the old Skydancer encouraging Ifor, too. That was so cute.

The scene with them dancing and then spending the rest of the night together was very tastefully done! Aww, Ifor's lack of self-confidence is really crushing. =( I hope things will work out for her (and her kid) soon.
@Petall Man, I definitely had smooth, sultry jazz music playing in my head during this chapter. xD Really liked the old Skydancer encouraging Ifor, too. That was so cute.

The scene with them dancing and then spending the rest of the night together was very tastefully done! Aww, Ifor's lack of self-confidence is really crushing. =( I hope things will work out for her (and her kid) soon.
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
@petall [b]OH. MY. GOD. PETALL.[/b] That was beautiful! My heart was racing every minute!! You have such a knack for beautiful romantic moments, my heart cannot take it! [s]Oh, who am I kidding. Yes it can. I LIVE for these moments.[/s] No worries! Congrats on the new job! I know the pain of having a job that takes a lot out of me. Hope as you get used to it it'll become easier for you! [emoji=familiar heart size=1] I'll just be here patiently waiting for the next part!
@petall

OH. MY. GOD. PETALL.

That was beautiful! My heart was racing every minute!! You have such a knack for beautiful romantic moments, my heart cannot take it! Oh, who am I kidding. Yes it can. I LIVE for these moments.

No worries! Congrats on the new job! I know the pain of having a job that takes a lot out of me. Hope as you get used to it it'll become easier for you!

I'll just be here patiently waiting for the next part!
XXXX SakuraSundae
Collections & Wishlist
Activity Log
Free Buttons!
X 92646683.png
93792143.png
90712426.png
I'm currently being scattered!
Follow the progress here!
extra1.png
@Petall
PETAL OH MY GOD
IFOR
OH
BRUH MY HEART, MY SOUL, MY WJSKWKRLWZ
@Petall
PETAL OH MY GOD
IFOR
OH
BRUH MY HEART, MY SOUL, MY WJSKWKRLWZ
Jar of Vapors I collect Bottled Embers and Jar Of Vapors!
WishList
Bottled Embers
...admittedly, it took me until nearly the end to figure out what was going to happen. X) I completely passed over what the Pinkerton pull was! I was honestly just excited for cute Ifor and Iapetos moments. And when things started getting serious, I was finally like, hey, what type of update was this? I am super curious and excited to see what happens from this!

Also, the title made me smile. :D If it was in reference to the song by King Harvest, it just so happens to be one of my favorites! I instantly started humming and singing the lyrics when I read it.
...admittedly, it took me until nearly the end to figure out what was going to happen. X) I completely passed over what the Pinkerton pull was! I was honestly just excited for cute Ifor and Iapetos moments. And when things started getting serious, I was finally like, hey, what type of update was this? I am super curious and excited to see what happens from this!

Also, the title made me smile. :D If it was in reference to the song by King Harvest, it just so happens to be one of my favorites! I instantly started humming and singing the lyrics when I read it.
7wv9OeJ.png_E8BAgFT.png_wfPmarR.png_rrYlaAT.png_RQOAN3O.png
Okay so past the excitement, this was honestly such a good chapter and the fluffiness and softness and romance was so goooodddd
can I call dibs on any kiddo that fails the rolls?
Okay so past the excitement, this was honestly such a good chapter and the fluffiness and softness and romance was so goooodddd
can I call dibs on any kiddo that fails the rolls?
WishList
Bottled Embers
@Petall

This is so beautifully written! Ifor and Iapetos's romantic moments together have been my favorite in the story so far! This was really well done
@Petall

This is so beautifully written! Ifor and Iapetos's romantic moments together have been my favorite in the story so far! This was really well done
4a400340c0be109b6c971f8fd8e6cc021baeb6c8.png
@Disillusionist

There's just something about these two that make it really easy to go all poetic!

Also, thank you! I wanted to give a strong enough vibe of what went down while not making it explicit enough to breach the Flight Rising content rules, so I'm glad to hear I succeeded in that well!

@Tiffkaboo

Aw, thank you!!! That means the world to me, I'm glad you enjoy these moments so much!!! I very much enjoy writing them!

@VeniVidiVici

I KNOW, RIGHT????
@Disillusionist

There's just something about these two that make it really easy to go all poetic!

Also, thank you! I wanted to give a strong enough vibe of what went down while not making it explicit enough to breach the Flight Rising content rules, so I'm glad to hear I succeeded in that well!

@Tiffkaboo

Aw, thank you!!! That means the world to me, I'm glad you enjoy these moments so much!!! I very much enjoy writing them!

@VeniVidiVici

I KNOW, RIGHT????
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@HauntedWhale

Aw, you're so sweet!
@HauntedWhale

Aw, you're so sweet!
Oh I just realized there was a single egg nest!! That's amazing for the lore, I hope RNG can be kind and you can get a kiddo for the Locke
Oh I just realized there was a single egg nest!! That's amazing for the lore, I hope RNG can be kind and you can get a kiddo for the Locke
WishList
Bottled Embers
1 2 ... 34 35 36 37 38 ... 45 46