Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [HIATUS] From Thawed Soil We Came
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Oh gosh I love the art? The textures and pose are so emotional A+
Oh gosh I love the art? The textures and pose are so emotional A+
uLWyHOm.pngskFkz3n.png
@Mutation Perhaps one of the best-written Nuzlockes I have ever read! Please add me to the regular update pinglist!
@Mutation Perhaps one of the best-written Nuzlockes I have ever read! Please add me to the regular update pinglist!
@Mutation That's so beautiful! The way you fit everything together, the pose, colours, scene, it's moving and really captures the moment beautifully! [spoiler]But why though I can't take this my heart has broken all over again[/spoiler] [emoji=banescale sad size=1]
@Mutation That's so beautiful! The way you fit everything together, the pose, colours, scene, it's moving and really captures the moment beautifully!

But why though I can't take this my heart has broken all over again
NPRRENH.png Pvpj7y6.png orOASL4.png aromantic-hearts-alt.png
@Leafsongs @Rosesinger @bonesdarling @secretlylying Thank you for all the lovely comments!! [emoji=banescale love size=1] @KairiDragoness Adding you! Thanks for the lovely compliment, it means so much [emoji=familiar heart size=1] Update coming today! (Unfortunately I've had Strep throat for the last two days, so progress was slow, but I have some stuff ready now. Hint: We have another new clan member!)
@Leafsongs @Rosesinger @bonesdarling @secretlylying Thank you for all the lovely comments!!

@KairiDragoness Adding you! Thanks for the lovely compliment, it means so much

Update coming today! (Unfortunately I've had Strep throat for the last two days, so progress was slow, but I have some stuff ready now. Hint: We have another new clan member!)
Darkdenizensv4simple.png84ruMI5.pngYrk2o3M.pnggekDtXY.pngDarkdenizensv4simple.png

FMA02Pn.png1603_150px_dokvganryuu_by_miirshroom_dcg815s_by_xzcelestialxbalaurzx-dcgicgg.png

locke.png

s9UvQy2.png bgwVYfC.pngAQiesuo.png wmhOuud.pngTIdHmed.pnggJ53DWo.pngIsTvVEx.pngfzjG4Xp.png

dokvganryuu_by_xzcelestialxbalaurzx-dc10pes.png
[center][size=6][color=#2b67b3][b][font=Georgia]Post eleven, chapter I:[/font][/b] [font=Georgia][i]Floral fluff[/i][/font][/color][/size] [img]https://i.imgur.com/wQS70u9.png[/img] [/center] [center][size=2][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2792593#post_41582670]Jump to table of contents[/url][/size][/center] [center][color=#69462b][i]We buried our daughter on a dark night, only the light of a waning crescent moon offering any sight beyond my spell of illumination. Binthrahl had helped us find a suitable spot during the day. Much smaller than Seghunin, he could land in little open areas after spotting them from up high. While Ebhaal and I had taken turns helping him search from the sky, the one left on the ground with our daughter had searched in the undergrowth. Lead by our second foundling, we had eventually discovered a small meadow, dotted with beautiful wildflowers. Clutching the tiny casket close to my body, I had watched while my mate and Binthrahl dug a hole deep enough to keep the small box from being disturbed after we buried it. We had peeked inside just once after laying her body to rest in the casket. The ice, though it had not spread to cover anything else, was still as apparent on her body as it had been from the start. As much as we had held on to that last sliver of hope, that all this was temporary, that she might reanimate - we knew from then that there was no returning from the deep freeze that had struck her. It had become night by the time we'd found the meadow and dug out a spot for the grave, and Binthrahl returned to the clan and came back with Seghunin in tow a little later. She reported that Bayun had fallen asleep already, and that Serge and Willow were standing guard within the clan walls. Seghunin wanted to be present for the burial, to share a prayer with the group. So, three of us prayed to our respective gods, but Ebhaal remained silent. Not too surprising, considering the morbid cause of death… I knew it wasn't anything they had done, but snippets of knowledge flitted through my mind at times, of a darker kind of ice magic, mysterious and feared by every last member of our species. It was cruel how my dear mate could be in internal conflict with their innate elemental affinity, the direct descendant of the rawer, unstable ice power that had damaged our kind so much in the far past. All I could do for them in this moment was to offer my unending support. We shared some words for our dear departed daughter with the group, and finally left the burial site. Once home, worn out from the high emotion, we all retreated to our favored sleeping spots. I, Ebhaal and Seghunin joined tiny Bayun in the den, and Binthrahl slept high above the trees on his spire. The next morning, we took Seghunin out scavenging. We'd keep it a short run, Binthrahl and the Chargers babysitting Bayun in our absence. We found much of the usual stuff. Shells, bones, bones… more bones… But a sudden excited exclamation from behind us made Ebhaal and I pause. Hobbling back over to us on three legs was Seghunin, her pale green eyes alight. "Look what I found!" She bellowed, letting us see what she held in her arm. [Item=unhatched nature egg] [center][color=#69462b][i]"Please can we take it with us?" She begged, setting the egg down carefully so she would not hurt it in her excitement. "You told me that I could care for an egg if I found it!" Oh dear Lightweaver. This was an egg native to the region we inhabited… Grilling her about where she got it, our daughter eventually opted to lead us to the spot. There was no trace of a clan there, no hint of any structure or hollow. The egg really had been left in a completely unprotected space, maybe stolen away by someone malicious. With returning the egg to its' own parents not being an option, we eventually decided to agree. The child would hatch in a secure environment, and Seghunin could finally have an egg to watch by herself. Once hurried home, she immediately went to the nest to plant the precious egg. The memory of our own nest and the attached tragedy was still very fresh, so we unconsciously gave it a wide berth and let her do her thing. Instead, we visited Binthrahl's spire to ask him what he had in mind for his training. We couldn't exactly take him to the beach we had discovered a while back, because although we could easily hold our own, there was nothing really that a complete beginner could learn from our more advanced techniques. Perhaps it would be wiser to let him build his own team, and he liked the idea of that. In the end it was fortunate that we had taken the egg, because it wound up hatching the very next morning. [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=2633&tab=dragon&did=58296449][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=69&bodygene=0&breed=6&element=10&eyetype=2&gender=1&tert=84&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=33&auth=3658e7ac29266c9a01ceb12864bf4420f9a8fdde&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url] This one was… furry. Fluffy. Poofy. Purple. And vaguely familiar, so much so that I was briefly repulsed, and wondered if it wasn't one of [b]them[/b] -- Well, even if it had been, it would still only have been a hatchling, and hatchlings were about the most blameless of dragons. Even so, I felt mildly relieved upon confirming for sure that it wasn't a Gaoler. Indeed, this little dragon was a lot rounder, with much duller claws, and less gnarly horns. Wings of a more considerable size compared to the body, very unlike the diminutive wingspan of a Gaoler. The little dragon squeaked at Seghunn, whom had obviously been the first thing the little one had lain eyes on, causing it to assume she was the primary parent. Seghunin got to brainstorming for a name to give the hatchling, a dark-eyed little lady with soft fur and very mobile ears. Inavhi, Seghunin eventually decided on, meaning "Flower Gem". It was a wonderful name for a young one as purple as tropical orchids, and the girl seemed to love the sound of it. Bayun, endlessly inquisitive, wasn't about to let the new youngest member of the clan take the full spotlight from him. The two spent hours frolicking through the moss and low grass together, Bayun feasting on the bugs they caught together, and Inavhi happily browsing the low growth in between playful romps. It was lovely to see our son tussling with another hatchling. We decided to let Seghunin stay home to bond with her own foundling, and took Binthrahl along to scavenge.[/color] ------------------------------------------- [center][Bunefohl, Ebhaal and Seghunin have all reached level 25, meaning that they are SAFE from death in the Coliseum. I may now purchase one dragon from the AH. Weekly dice-rolls for the Permafrost Blight will start Sunday next week][/center] [size=2]Regular update pings: @KairiDragoness @Thulcandran @Pastie @secretlylying @DragonPrincess27 @bonesdarling @euphonies @Rosesinger @Font @banii @Frionivalis @Aurellyn @Amantius @EmeraldJubilee @SpaceSnake @amoo101 @Rowan00 @FlamingDragon02 @Samidare @Zwitterion @Dragonfruiteen @CyanYume @Bxy26 @GlitchedFox @DracoDiscovery @Hisscale @Soupalicious @Tune @slothfulMutt @Snaphance @Sefaro @Leafsongs[/size]
Post eleven, chapter I:

Floral fluff

wQS70u9.png

We buried our daughter on a dark night, only the light of a waning crescent moon offering any sight beyond my spell of illumination.

Binthrahl had helped us find a suitable spot during the day. Much smaller than Seghunin, he could land in little open areas after spotting them from up high. While Ebhaal and I had taken turns helping him search from the sky, the one left on the ground with our daughter had searched in the undergrowth.

Lead by our second foundling, we had eventually discovered a small meadow, dotted with beautiful wildflowers. Clutching the tiny casket close to my body, I had watched while my mate and Binthrahl dug a hole deep enough to keep the small box from being disturbed after we buried it.

We had peeked inside just once after laying her body to rest in the casket. The ice, though it had not spread to cover anything else, was still as apparent on her body as it had been from the start. As much as we had held on to that last sliver of hope, that all this was temporary, that she might reanimate - we knew from then that there was no returning from the deep freeze that had struck her.

It had become night by the time we'd found the meadow and dug out a spot for the grave, and Binthrahl returned to the clan and came back with Seghunin in tow a little later. She reported that Bayun had fallen asleep already, and that Serge and Willow were standing guard within the clan walls. Seghunin wanted to be present for the burial, to share a prayer with the group. So, three of us prayed to our respective gods, but Ebhaal remained silent.

Not too surprising, considering the morbid cause of death… I knew it wasn't anything they had done, but snippets of knowledge flitted through my mind at times, of a darker kind of ice magic, mysterious and feared by every last member of our species. It was cruel how my dear mate could be in internal conflict with their innate elemental affinity, the direct descendant of the rawer, unstable ice power that had damaged our kind so much in the far past.

All I could do for them in this moment was to offer my unending support.

We shared some words for our dear departed daughter with the group, and finally left the burial site. Once home, worn out from the high emotion, we all retreated to our favored sleeping spots. I, Ebhaal and Seghunin joined tiny Bayun in the den, and Binthrahl slept high above the trees on his spire.

The next morning, we took Seghunin out scavenging. We'd keep it a short run, Binthrahl and the Chargers babysitting Bayun in our absence.

We found much of the usual stuff. Shells, bones, bones… more bones…

But a sudden excited exclamation from behind us made Ebhaal and I pause. Hobbling back over to us on three legs was Seghunin, her pale green eyes alight. "Look what I found!" She bellowed, letting us see what she held in her arm.

Unhatched Nature Egg

"Please can we take it with us?" She begged, setting the egg down carefully so she would not hurt it in her excitement. "You told me that I could care for an egg if I found it!"

Oh dear Lightweaver. This was an egg native to the region we inhabited… Grilling her about where she got it, our daughter eventually opted to lead us to the spot. There was no trace of a clan there, no hint of any structure or hollow. The egg really had been left in a completely unprotected space, maybe stolen away by someone malicious.

With returning the egg to its' own parents not being an option, we eventually decided to agree. The child would hatch in a secure environment, and Seghunin could finally have an egg to watch by herself.

Once hurried home, she immediately went to the nest to plant the precious egg. The memory of our own nest and the attached tragedy was still very fresh, so we unconsciously gave it a wide berth and let her do her thing. Instead, we visited Binthrahl's spire to ask him what he had in mind for his training. We couldn't exactly take him to the beach we had discovered a while back, because although we could easily hold our own, there was nothing really that a complete beginner could learn from our more advanced techniques. Perhaps it would be wiser to let him build his own team, and he liked the idea of that.

In the end it was fortunate that we had taken the egg, because it wound up hatching the very next morning.
dragon?age=0&body=69&bodygene=0&breed=6&element=10&eyetype=2&gender=1&tert=84&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=33&auth=3658e7ac29266c9a01ceb12864bf4420f9a8fdde&dummyext=prev.png

This one was… furry. Fluffy. Poofy. Purple. And vaguely familiar, so much so that I was briefly repulsed, and wondered if it wasn't one of them --

Well, even if it had been, it would still only have been a hatchling, and hatchlings were about the most blameless of dragons.

Even so, I felt mildly relieved upon confirming for sure that it wasn't a Gaoler. Indeed, this little dragon was a lot rounder, with much duller claws, and less gnarly horns. Wings of a more considerable size compared to the body, very unlike the diminutive wingspan of a Gaoler.

The little dragon squeaked at Seghunn, whom had obviously been the first thing the little one had lain eyes on, causing it to assume she was the primary parent.

Seghunin got to brainstorming for a name to give the hatchling, a dark-eyed little lady with soft fur and very mobile ears.

Inavhi, Seghunin eventually decided on, meaning "Flower Gem". It was a wonderful name for a young one as purple as tropical orchids, and the girl seemed to love the sound of it.

Bayun, endlessly inquisitive, wasn't about to let the new youngest member of the clan take the full spotlight from him. The two spent hours frolicking through the moss and low grass together, Bayun feasting on the bugs they caught together, and Inavhi happily browsing the low growth in between playful romps.

It was lovely to see our son tussling with another hatchling. We decided to let Seghunin stay home to bond with her own foundling, and took Binthrahl along to scavenge.

[Bunefohl, Ebhaal and Seghunin have all reached level 25, meaning that they are SAFE from death in the Coliseum. I may now purchase one dragon from the AH. Weekly dice-rolls for the Permafrost Blight will start Sunday next week]

Regular update pings: @KairiDragoness @Thulcandran @Pastie @secretlylying @DragonPrincess27 @bonesdarling @euphonies @Rosesinger @Font @banii @Frionivalis @Aurellyn @Amantius @EmeraldJubilee @SpaceSnake @amoo101 @Rowan00 @FlamingDragon02 @Samidare @Zwitterion @Dragonfruiteen @CyanYume @Bxy26 @GlitchedFox @DracoDiscovery @Hisscale @Soupalicious @Tune @slothfulMutt @Snaphance @Sefaro @Leafsongs
Darkdenizensv4simple.png84ruMI5.pngYrk2o3M.pnggekDtXY.pngDarkdenizensv4simple.png

FMA02Pn.png1603_150px_dokvganryuu_by_miirshroom_dcg815s_by_xzcelestialxbalaurzx-dcgicgg.png

locke.png

s9UvQy2.png bgwVYfC.pngAQiesuo.png wmhOuud.pngTIdHmed.pnggJ53DWo.pngIsTvVEx.pngfzjG4Xp.png

[center][size=6][color=#7400ab][b][font=Georgia]Nightfall:[/b] [i]Night eleven, chapter I...[/i][/font] [img]https://i.imgur.com/RDMDr3R.png[/img][/center] [center][size=2][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2792593/12#post_41916550]Jump to day update[/url][/size] [color=#69462b][i]Inavhi and Bayun were thick as thieves by the end of the day, chasing fireflies until the encroaching darkness made them retreat to the burrow. We didn't find anything of note scavenging today, but Binthrahl seemed happy to have tagged along. He ascended back up his spire in the dark of the moonless night, and the rest of us joined the two hatchlings in the den.[/color] [b]RNG results:[/b] A Pretty Pink Neck Bow, Enfeeble stone, Vile Bolt stone and Frigid Bolt stone are taken from the hoard. [item=Pretty Pink Neck Bow][item=enfeeble][item=vile bolt][item=frigid bolt] [size=2]Giveaway pings: @DragonPrincess27 @bonesdarling @euphonies @Rosesinger @Font @banii @Frionivalis @Aurellyn @Amantius @EmeraldJubilee @SpaceSnake @amoo101 @Rowan00 @FlamingDragon02 @Samidare @Zwitterion @Dragonfruiteen @CyanYume @Bxy26 @GlitchedFox @DracoDiscovery @Hisscale @Soupalicious @Tune @slothfulMutt @Snaphance[/size]
Nightfall:
Night eleven, chapter I...
RDMDr3R.png
Jump to day update

Inavhi and Bayun were thick as thieves by the end of the day, chasing fireflies until the encroaching darkness made them retreat to the burrow. We didn't find anything of note scavenging today, but Binthrahl seemed happy to have tagged along. He ascended back up his spire in the dark of the moonless night, and the rest of us joined the two hatchlings in the den.

RNG results: A Pretty Pink Neck Bow, Enfeeble stone, Vile Bolt stone and Frigid Bolt stone are taken from the hoard.
Pretty Pink Neck Bow Enfeeble Vile Bolt Frigid Bolt

Giveaway pings: @DragonPrincess27 @bonesdarling @euphonies @Rosesinger @Font @banii @Frionivalis @Aurellyn @Amantius @EmeraldJubilee @SpaceSnake @amoo101 @Rowan00 @FlamingDragon02 @Samidare @Zwitterion @Dragonfruiteen @CyanYume @Bxy26 @GlitchedFox @DracoDiscovery @Hisscale @Soupalicious @Tune @slothfulMutt @Snaphance

locke.png

Heya, can I be added to the giveaway and regular ping lists please?
Heya, can I be added to the giveaway and regular ping lists please?

pride_inkino.png

- wilbur / noctuid
- it/he/xe
- fr+3

.......................................................................................................................................

formerly myceliium -
always collecting mimic powder -

sEBxtxA.png
eGiN2Xv.png
mxk5Q9c.png
@Xeriau Sure thing! Thanks for the interest [emoji=familiar heart size=1]
@Xeriau Sure thing! Thanks for the interest

locke.png

@Mutation :O A third foundling! I'm glad that the death of Bunefohl and Ebhaal's firstborn at least ended on a happier note with Inavhi. And oh my goodness Inavhi is a precious bean. 'Flower gem' is an excellent name choice for her, kudos to Seghunin!
@Mutation :O A third foundling! I'm glad that the death of Bunefohl and Ebhaal's firstborn at least ended on a happier note with Inavhi. And oh my goodness Inavhi is a precious bean. 'Flower gem' is an excellent name choice for her, kudos to Seghunin!
NPRRENH.png Pvpj7y6.png orOASL4.png aromantic-hearts-alt.png
@Mutation
You're welcome! I tried a Nuzlocke myself about 3 years ago... it did not last long... I got bored, lol.
@Mutation
You're welcome! I tried a Nuzlocke myself about 3 years ago... it did not last long... I got bored, lol.
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14