Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [RBC] The Hungry Games (DONE)
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 42 43
Damek paced slowly around the cavern, admiring the sparkling crystals, but not quite able to quell the uneasy feeling in the pit of his stomach. He'd never done anything like this before and was already missing the support of his clan mates, who were normally his rock (yes yes, bad pun intended!). But hopefully he'd do them proud and make a good showing, and who knows what sort of friends and support he'd find on the way?!
Damek paced slowly around the cavern, admiring the sparkling crystals, but not quite able to quell the uneasy feeling in the pit of his stomach. He'd never done anything like this before and was already missing the support of his clan mates, who were normally his rock (yes yes, bad pun intended!). But hopefully he'd do them proud and make a good showing, and who knows what sort of friends and support he'd find on the way?!
Ink wash brush-style art of three red and gold Wildclaws performing a dragon dance with a green Auraboa puppet, with text for Nature's Year of the Wood Dragon push. D9tBovl.png w8o0xW1.png
Azurith looks around, and quickly sizes up the worth of the various rocks that she sees, on the walls and on the other competitors. She's not too impressed with either. Maybe she'll get some gems in her sack. She walks through the crowd until she's by herself, and sits down to write her message.
Azurith looks around, and quickly sizes up the worth of the various rocks that she sees, on the walls and on the other competitors. She's not too impressed with either. Maybe she'll get some gems in her sack. She walks through the crowd until she's by herself, and sits down to write her message.
uDNAbBS.png
Terra clawed at the ground as he observed his surroundings. He has never done something like this before and he can't wait for what is to come. He stretched out his wings and decided to look around the arena. He wondered what new allies he would make and who might turn against him. He thought of all the friends he made back home and how he made Fungus upset months ago. This will be fun or at least... I hope it is. I hope I can be of a good help to people despite some of my problems .
Terra clawed at the ground as he observed his surroundings. He has never done something like this before and he can't wait for what is to come. He stretched out his wings and decided to look around the arena. He wondered what new allies he would make and who might turn against him. He thought of all the friends he made back home and how he made Fungus upset months ago. This will be fun or at least... I hope it is. I hope I can be of a good help to people despite some of my problems .
3dl8TjK.png
CpFdYgG.png
JvUa9ma.png
5hF3FGk.png
DxCICZ1.png
FObX7rS.png
a0f71f0b64618ebbdcdf275c93d7d067ef8f7632.png
Olivine wandered over to the crystal-covered walls. They were stunning, and she was tempted to chip off a small fragment to add to her collection. But she didn't want to risk marring the beauty of the massive geode, and besides, she didn't know if that was allowed anyway. So she just admired it and tried to commit every detail to memory so she could tell Kyanite all about it later.

She noticed a green Coatl nearby admiring the crystals as well. He was part of her food group, right? Maybe she should go talk to him? While she wasn't really one for socializing, it might be worth trying to make some friends before everything really started.

Olivine casually wandered closer to the Coatl. She still wasn't sure if she would actually talk to him, but at the very least she could get a look at some of the competition.

(@Lightningwind sorry if you don't want/need a ping, just figured I'd let you know my dragon is up for interacting with yours ^^ )
Olivine wandered over to the crystal-covered walls. They were stunning, and she was tempted to chip off a small fragment to add to her collection. But she didn't want to risk marring the beauty of the massive geode, and besides, she didn't know if that was allowed anyway. So she just admired it and tried to commit every detail to memory so she could tell Kyanite all about it later.

She noticed a green Coatl nearby admiring the crystals as well. He was part of her food group, right? Maybe she should go talk to him? While she wasn't really one for socializing, it might be worth trying to make some friends before everything really started.

Olivine casually wandered closer to the Coatl. She still wasn't sure if she would actually talk to him, but at the very least she could get a look at some of the competition.

(@Lightningwind sorry if you don't want/need a ping, just figured I'd let you know my dragon is up for interacting with yours ^^ )
sculkquest.pngIconx100t.png
[columns] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/563598/56359738.png[/img] [nextcol]Osmundaeus eyes his competition as they travel to the dome. [i]'This is going to be a piece of cake'[/i] he scoffs, then chuckles as his own clever play on words. As they enter the starting area he pushes past any other competitors and takes a seat, immediately beginning his no-doubt airy and eloquent announcement. He scribbles out and restarts several times, trying to ignore any obnoxious ruckus the others are making by breathing too close. [quote] For all of those who are [s]smart enough[/s] of high intellect, I urge you to support [s]me[/s] OZ THE GREAT in his Hungry Games venture, you [s]won't regret it[/s] will be rewarded handsomely... with the complete and total domination of the competition by yours truly. [/quote] He eyes his note, holding it at arms length to admire his work.[i] Hmm, maybe. Not quite...[/i] He puts the scrawled letter aside and continues to write intensely. He seems to forget there is a partner he is supposed to be working with- or perhaps he doesn't quite care. [br][br] ----- OOC: Wow, I am EXTREMELY rusty at rp'ing! I am also writing this from his point of view, I promise I'm not really this rude or pompous lol. Anyone is more than welcome to RP with me.
56359738.png Osmundaeus eyes his competition as they travel to the dome. 'This is going to be a piece of cake' he scoffs, then chuckles as his own clever play on words. As they enter the starting area he pushes past any other competitors and takes a seat, immediately beginning his no-doubt airy and eloquent announcement. He scribbles out and restarts several times, trying to ignore any obnoxious ruckus the others are making by breathing too close.

Quote:
For all of those who are smart enough of high intellect, I urge you to support me OZ THE GREAT in his Hungry Games venture, you won't regret it will be rewarded handsomely... with the complete and total domination of the competition by yours truly.

He eyes his note, holding it at arms length to admire his work. Hmm, maybe. Not quite... He puts the scrawled letter aside and continues to write intensely. He seems to forget there is a partner he is supposed to be working with- or perhaps he doesn't quite care.

OOC: Wow, I am EXTREMELY rusty at rp'ing! I am also writing this from his point of view, I promise I'm not really this rude or pompous lol. Anyone is more than welcome to RP with me.
Earth-Crystal-2.png
Earth-Crystal.png
Note for @Snek : I just realized that I entered the right dragon, but I wrote the description for an entirely different dragon. The dragon pictured on my entry post is the dragon I am entering. His name is Arcadia, not Alcea. Would you like me to do another with the correct information? Sorry!

The RP:

Arcadia smiled as he gazed into his scrying bowl. “Remember,” said the dragon in the water. “You are in a competition. You will be against many other contestants. Some of them will do whatever it takes to win, so you need to be careful-“

“I know,” Arcadia said, tracing the edge of the bowl with a claw. Seeing the nervous frown on the other imperial’s face, he added, “But don’t worry darling, I will win. I’ll bring back vast riches for our clan, you’ll see!”

The imperial sighed, and smoothed her mane. “You know it doesn’t matter to me whether you win or not, right? You’ll still be you. And I’ll still be me. You have nothing to prove.” She shuffled her wings. “I just want you to know that I’m proud of you. Just...” He paused. “Stay safe. And remember, I’ll be cheering for you the whole time. You’ve got this!”

Alcea grinned “I’ll see you soon! Tell our Clanmates I said hi!”

The other imperial smiled. “I’ll see you soon as well. Good luck!”

The water turned clear, and Arcadia got up to go sit in the largest chair in the circle. Alright. Here we go!
Note for @Snek : I just realized that I entered the right dragon, but I wrote the description for an entirely different dragon. The dragon pictured on my entry post is the dragon I am entering. His name is Arcadia, not Alcea. Would you like me to do another with the correct information? Sorry!

The RP:

Arcadia smiled as he gazed into his scrying bowl. “Remember,” said the dragon in the water. “You are in a competition. You will be against many other contestants. Some of them will do whatever it takes to win, so you need to be careful-“

“I know,” Arcadia said, tracing the edge of the bowl with a claw. Seeing the nervous frown on the other imperial’s face, he added, “But don’t worry darling, I will win. I’ll bring back vast riches for our clan, you’ll see!”

The imperial sighed, and smoothed her mane. “You know it doesn’t matter to me whether you win or not, right? You’ll still be you. And I’ll still be me. You have nothing to prove.” She shuffled her wings. “I just want you to know that I’m proud of you. Just...” He paused. “Stay safe. And remember, I’ll be cheering for you the whole time. You’ve got this!”

Alcea grinned “I’ll see you soon! Tell our Clanmates I said hi!”

The other imperial smiled. “I’ll see you soon as well. Good luck!”

The water turned clear, and Arcadia got up to go sit in the largest chair in the circle. Alright. Here we go!
rsz-lorwolf-banner.png
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48985146][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/489852/48985146.png[/img][/url][/center] Beaumont marveled at the Processing Dome, brown eyes tracing the glittering crystals that sat, suspended, overhead and all around. He tended more towards fossils than gemstones when it came to matters of adornment, but there was no denying it; this place was [i]beautiful[/i]. His fellow contestants milled all around him, but he opted to ignore them for the moment and write a quick note back home to Thunder Hollow. No doubt, there would be droves of anxious dragons listening; his buddy [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=379235&tab=dragon&did=48856200]Vestrin[/url] even got the radio tower hooked up to KDRT so they could hear every update on the proceedings! He penned the note simply, [quote][columns][item=intact parchment][nextcol][font=papyrus]”Dear Clanmates, I’ve arrived here at th’ startin’ point!! Here’s hopin’ ol’ Earthshaker has some luck to share with this mess o’ a dragon. Cheers folks, and see y’all soon!!! P.S. Somebody make sure [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=379235&did=50420869]Whiskey[/url] catches th’ evenin’ announcements. Poor chap works too hard."[/font][/columns][/quote] And then handed it to a nearby aide. He checked the team listings then, discovering with a slight bit of disgruntlement that he’d missed his first choice, the Scales of Justice. At least he’d made the Seeds of Change; beans were his second favorite food group, so perhaps he’d be fine after all. He couldn’t quite see his group partner, so he sat down against the wall to maybe catch some rest before the proceedings. A young coatl gent, colored in shades of green, wandered nearby, observing the crystals. “Oi, how y’feelin’ about this whole thing?” Beaumont asked, curiously. Perhaps, he could win some alliances in this time of interim. [rule] [size=2]@Lightningwind - mentioned your boy! Care to RP?
48985146.png

Beaumont marveled at the Processing Dome, brown eyes tracing the glittering crystals that sat, suspended, overhead and all around. He tended more towards fossils than gemstones when it came to matters of adornment, but there was no denying it; this place was beautiful.

His fellow contestants milled all around him, but he opted to ignore them for the moment and write a quick note back home to Thunder Hollow. No doubt, there would be droves of anxious dragons listening; his buddy Vestrin even got the radio tower hooked up to KDRT so they could hear every update on the proceedings!

He penned the note simply,
Quote:
Intact Parchment ”Dear Clanmates,

I’ve arrived here at th’ startin’ point!! Here’s hopin’ ol’ Earthshaker has some luck to share with this mess o’ a dragon. Cheers folks, and see y’all soon!!!

P.S. Somebody make sure Whiskey catches th’ evenin’ announcements. Poor chap works too hard."

And then handed it to a nearby aide.

He checked the team listings then, discovering with a slight bit of disgruntlement that he’d missed his first choice, the Scales of Justice. At least he’d made the Seeds of Change; beans were his second favorite food group, so perhaps he’d be fine after all.

He couldn’t quite see his group partner, so he sat down against the wall to maybe catch some rest before the proceedings. A young coatl gent, colored in shades of green, wandered nearby, observing the crystals.

“Oi, how y’feelin’ about this whole thing?” Beaumont asked, curiously. Perhaps, he could win some alliances in this time of interim.

@Lightningwind - mentioned your boy! Care to RP?
LhnYpua.png s3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-l11-book.pngs3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-m36-book.pngs3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-s16-book.pngB7_R.png
3KkxJSr.png
LhnYpua.png
eeGpIiY.png
.. « Mew »
|| 2+ FR Time | She/Her | The Calm Before the Storm | fr__lightning_by_baelfin-d8uyn76.png fr__beastclans_by_baelfin-d92uyiw.png ||

• { Lockedown } - Chill Biolocke + Necrolocke
• { Thunder Hollow } - Clan Lore [WIP]

{ Assets: x x x }
eeGpIiY.png
LhnYpua.png 89TBw7Q.gif
( @ Dragonfruiteen @ TheAwesoMew I hope you guys don't mind me linking us all together, I didn't want to ignore either of you)
Lowery looked up from his musings at the sound of someone else, a smile instantly appearing on his face. He turned to Beaumont.

"Pretty excited! I haven't been back here in years, so it's nice to see my old haunting grounds again. And I get to help my old flight, which is super cool!"

The excited coatl's attention shifted as fast as lightning, his head turning towards a nearby pearlcatcher. He loudly whispered to the ridgeback.
"Hey look, I'm pretty sure she's the other part of my food group." He waved at Olivine and swept his tail off to the side to make space.
( @ Dragonfruiteen @ TheAwesoMew I hope you guys don't mind me linking us all together, I didn't want to ignore either of you)
Lowery looked up from his musings at the sound of someone else, a smile instantly appearing on his face. He turned to Beaumont.

"Pretty excited! I haven't been back here in years, so it's nice to see my old haunting grounds again. And I get to help my old flight, which is super cool!"

The excited coatl's attention shifted as fast as lightning, his head turning towards a nearby pearlcatcher. He loudly whispered to the ridgeback.
"Hey look, I'm pretty sure she's the other part of my food group." He waved at Olivine and swept his tail off to the side to make space.
(@Lightingwind I dont mind at all! Also I'm subscribed to the thread now, so no need to ping me ^^ )

Olivine hesitated when another dragon, a Ridgeback in a hat, approached the Coatl and began speaking to him, but then the Coatl waved her over.

"Uh, hey," she said, glancing from the Coatl to the Ridgeback. "My name's Olivine, and I'm part of the Scales of Justice, apparently." She directed the last part at the Coatl, who she was pretty sure was her team member.
(@Lightingwind I dont mind at all! Also I'm subscribed to the thread now, so no need to ping me ^^ )

Olivine hesitated when another dragon, a Ridgeback in a hat, approached the Coatl and began speaking to him, but then the Coatl waved her over.

"Uh, hey," she said, glancing from the Coatl to the Ridgeback. "My name's Olivine, and I'm part of the Scales of Justice, apparently." She directed the last part at the Coatl, who she was pretty sure was her team member.
sculkquest.pngIconx100t.png
(@Lightningwind not a problem at all! :D Also, @Dragonfruiteen, hope you don't mind my interacting with Olivine a bit...figured I'd ping you just in case!)

Beaumont chuckled at the coatl's enthusiasm. "Much the same for me...I reckon it's been twenty years'r so since I last stepped foot in Dragonhome. Hopin' for some great new memories to put with my old ones."

As he spoke a pearlcatcher approached warily, addressing the coatl with whom Beaumont was chatting.

Though he didn't wish to overstep his bounds, he couldn't help but overhear that she was a part of the Scales of Justice.

"Y'know, I just about got to be a part o' that group, too...t' think we coulda been teammates. Pleasure t' meet ya'll, either way; my name's Beaumont." He commented lightly, inclining his head to the both of them.
(@Lightningwind not a problem at all! :D Also, @Dragonfruiteen, hope you don't mind my interacting with Olivine a bit...figured I'd ping you just in case!)

Beaumont chuckled at the coatl's enthusiasm. "Much the same for me...I reckon it's been twenty years'r so since I last stepped foot in Dragonhome. Hopin' for some great new memories to put with my old ones."

As he spoke a pearlcatcher approached warily, addressing the coatl with whom Beaumont was chatting.

Though he didn't wish to overstep his bounds, he couldn't help but overhear that she was a part of the Scales of Justice.

"Y'know, I just about got to be a part o' that group, too...t' think we coulda been teammates. Pleasure t' meet ya'll, either way; my name's Beaumont." He commented lightly, inclining his head to the both of them.
LhnYpua.png s3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-l11-book.pngs3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-m36-book.pngs3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-s16-book.pngB7_R.png
3KkxJSr.png
LhnYpua.png
eeGpIiY.png
.. « Mew »
|| 2+ FR Time | She/Her | The Calm Before the Storm | fr__lightning_by_baelfin-d8uyn76.png fr__beastclans_by_baelfin-d92uyiw.png ||

• { Lockedown } - Chill Biolocke + Necrolocke
• { Thunder Hollow } - Clan Lore [WIP]

{ Assets: x x x }
eeGpIiY.png
LhnYpua.png 89TBw7Q.gif
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 42 43