Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [RBC] The Hungry Games (DONE)
1 2 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43
[center][b][u][size=6]NIGHT 4: END OF ROUND 2[/size][/b][/u][/center] [quote=KDRT Earth News Radio]...not going to waste any time tonight! We're at the end of the end, and if there's one thing I know about endings, it's that we shouldn't delay them a moment longer than they need to be! There's a Spectator Gift for each of the last two dragons, though I can't tell you which is which--one's picking up [b]20 angry accessories and 5 battle-weary bottles[/b], while the other will receive [b]a fancy map marker and 10 handfuls of steampunk cosplay materials[/b]. [b]Nem[/b] and [b]Fazluna[/b] have each climbed up the sides of the Pillar the vertical way, stopping only to pause and slide into the carved pathways to catch their breath or to take a brief catnap for more energy. They dare not eat what food they have with them, hoping to save it all for Earthshaker, but it's made for some slow progress. Only now are they nearing the top--and once they get there, they'll have no choice but to battle, because there's only one tunnel through to where Earthshaker is standing! [b]Fazluna[/b] looks to be arriving first. The cold evening air has failed to make it through her thick fur and slow her down, allowing her to get slightly ahead of [b]Nem.[/b] Earthshaker's children are great survivors, and [b]Fazluna[/b] is well adapted to this change of season. The look on [b]Nem's[/b] face tells me she's not about to give up, however--and here she is, snatching hold of [b]Fazluna's[/b] bag! If she can't get up there, she's going to make sure [b]Fazluna[/b] has nothing to take with her! [b]Fazluna[/b]'s panicking, trying to take it back--she's screaming about a ring, now--but [b]Nem's[/b] grip is titanium strong! [b]Fazluna[/b] digs her claws into the crumbling stone and snarls, hoping to get enough of a footing that [b]Nem[/b] can't drag her down. [b]Nem[/b] has something [b]Fazluna[/b] doesn't, though--and she puts it to good use, flapping her wings as hard as she can to create extra pulling power! Ohh, I can see some of the seams on that bag starting to give way! The magic enchanting these offering sacks is only so strong. It won't hold if the bag itself doesn't! I can hear the stitches popping one by one--my word! Such language, ladies! We have children listening!--and oh, one of them had better do something quick. It's not going to be intact much longer...! And it's gone! Food sprays into the air, with each of them letting the bag go to try and snatch as much of it up as they can--every armful of it is important to [b]Fazluna[/b] now--but most of it has splatted on the ground or gone sailing over the edge. It's a sorry sight, all that waste. But what's this? I see something on the edge of the pathway. It's small and golden... looks somewhat circle shaped... ah! It's the infamous onion ring, and it has stolen both [b]Nem[/b] and [b]Fazluna's[/b] attention! They dive for it, colliding just before it! The hissing and scratching is like nothing I've ever seen--[b]Fazluna[/b] has even abandoned her food!--and it'll be a miracle if they don't knock it off the edge... or fall off themselves! [b]Fazluna[/b] bites [b]Nem[/b] on the foreleg, causing her to rear up in pain, and it's a free shot at the ring! She snags it and clutches it tight--apologizes for leaving it behind--[b]Nem[/b] charges! [b]Nem[/b] has shoved [b]Fazluna[/b] over the edge of the Pillar! Down, down, down [b]Fazluna[/b] goes--and she's not flying! It seems she has eyes for nothing but her ring as she falls, laughing and smiling! Fork is going to have to [color=red]teleport her to the medical tent[/color] before she can hit the ground, I'm sorry to say. Looks like she's made sure to torch the onion ring, too. Can't be too careful with a tent full of dragons. [b]Nem[/b] carries her offering sack up and through the entryway to Earthshaker, making [b]Nem[/b] the victor! Congratulations, [b]Nem![/b] We'll turn away now and let you speak to the Earthshaker in privacy; the words he says and the blessing he chooses to give you are meant for your ears only. That was a fantastic round, faithful listeners, and I am honored to have been able to present it to you. This marks the end of this year's Hungry Games, and the beginning of the winter season. Thank you all for your ears and your support, and be sure to mimic-proof your houses for the upcoming Night of the Nocturne! This is your host, signing off for the night.[/quote] ----------------------------------------------------------------------- @kijauni ----------------------------------------------------------------------- [b]PLEASE SEND ME A PM WITH THE NAME OF THE ITEM YOU WANT ME TO BUY FOR YOU FROM THE AH. ITEM MUST BE AT/UNDER THE PRICE NEXT TO YOUR DRAGON'S NAME. I WILL SEND YOU THE PRIZE AND YOUR SPECTATOR GIFTS BY REPLY PM. PRIZES NOT COLLECTED BY SATURDAY NIGHT ROLLOVER WILL BE CONSIDERED FORFEIT.[/b] Bluejay - N/A @Natureluvr Caribbean Sea: 10kt @Unicornponies Belim: 10kt [s]@Solstices Adriel: 10kt[/s] @Chaosarceus Xanthophyll: 10kt @Sidegrinder Bilbo: 10kt @Dreamclaws Raodin: 20kt + 99 frosted violets, broken pottery jar, 2 lustrous shell [s]@Aradan Jordan: 20kt + 1 bone antlers, 99 chimera fangs, crown of bones[/s] [s]@Zif Friday: 20kt[/s] @Deladria Saharath: 20kt [s]@ShadowWolfDeath Deera: 22kt[/s] @Cattington Fall: 20kt [s]@Kelpoyo Vermello: 24kt[/s] @Lightningwind Aequorea: 30kt @Bezonox Stardust: 30kt + 1 magic nymph, 1 ancestral incense [s]@TheAwesoMew Riku: 30kt[/s] @Dragonfruiteen Olivine - 30kt + 2 tradewind gull, 1 ambush [s]@Browncoatparadox Erin: 30kt[/s] [s]@Leopardmask Agate: 50kt + 99 lace lantana, 1 longneck mender[/s] [s]@Rivertyl Sahiz: 50kt + 99 mini potash peach, 99 honey[/s] [s]@cvthedral Sumuji: 20kt (round one) Umber: 45kt + 1 ruby grasp, 1 cyan grasp, 99 Small Chunk of Granite + 1 Scroll of Renaming, 1 Petal Jumper[/s] [s]@Dinomatika Braziliante: 75kt[/s] [s]@Goldia Fazluna: 82.5kt + thunderhead savannah vista, 10 handful of sprockets[/s] [s]@Thewarywatcher13 Nem: 120kt + 20 berserker belt, 5 major health potion + encouragement to make up a blessing from Earthshaker and add both that and a permanent social boost around Earth flight dragons to her lore![/s] [b]IF YOU ARE SEEING THIS MESSAGE, YOU STILL HAVE A PRIZE TO COLLECT FROM ROUND ONE. PLEASE SEND ME A PM WITH THE NAME OF THE ITEM YOU WANT ME TO BUY FOR YOU FROM THE AH. ITEM MUST BE AT/UNDER THE PRICE NEXT TO YOUR DRAGON'S NAME. I WILL SEND YOU THE PRIZE AND ANY SPECTATOR GIFTS BY REPLY PM. PRIZES NOT COLLECTED BY SATURDAY NIGHT ROLLOVER WILL BE CONSIDERED FORFEIT.[/b] @Sublimevoide Eoywin: 10kt @Wonderlast Blance: 10kt @ArtemisAgrotera Horephoros: 10kt + 1 Deadwood Strangler, 10 Green Sludge
NIGHT 4: END OF ROUND 2
KDRT Earth News Radio wrote:
...not going to waste any time tonight! We're at the end of the end, and if there's one thing I know about endings, it's that we shouldn't delay them a moment longer than they need to be!

There's a Spectator Gift for each of the last two dragons, though I can't tell you which is which--one's picking up 20 angry accessories and 5 battle-weary bottles, while the other will receive a fancy map marker and 10 handfuls of steampunk cosplay materials.

Nem and Fazluna have each climbed up the sides of the Pillar the vertical way, stopping only to pause and slide into the carved pathways to catch their breath or to take a brief catnap for more energy. They dare not eat what food they have with them, hoping to save it all for Earthshaker, but it's made for some slow progress. Only now are they nearing the top--and once they get there, they'll have no choice but to battle, because there's only one tunnel through to where Earthshaker is standing!

Fazluna looks to be arriving first. The cold evening air has failed to make it through her thick fur and slow her down, allowing her to get slightly ahead of Nem. Earthshaker's children are great survivors, and Fazluna is well adapted to this change of season. The look on Nem's face tells me she's not about to give up, however--and here she is, snatching hold of Fazluna's bag! If she can't get up there, she's going to make sure Fazluna has nothing to take with her!

Fazluna's panicking, trying to take it back--she's screaming about a ring, now--but Nem's grip is titanium strong! Fazluna digs her claws into the crumbling stone and snarls, hoping to get enough of a footing that Nem can't drag her down. Nem has something Fazluna doesn't, though--and she puts it to good use, flapping her wings as hard as she can to create extra pulling power!

Ohh, I can see some of the seams on that bag starting to give way! The magic enchanting these offering sacks is only so strong. It won't hold if the bag itself doesn't! I can hear the stitches popping one by one--my word! Such language, ladies! We have children listening!--and oh, one of them had better do something quick. It's not going to be intact much longer...!

And it's gone! Food sprays into the air, with each of them letting the bag go to try and snatch as much of it up as they can--every armful of it is important to Fazluna now--but most of it has splatted on the ground or gone sailing over the edge. It's a sorry sight, all that waste.

But what's this? I see something on the edge of the pathway. It's small and golden... looks somewhat circle shaped... ah! It's the infamous onion ring, and it has stolen both Nem and Fazluna's attention! They dive for it, colliding just before it! The hissing and scratching is like nothing I've ever seen--Fazluna has even abandoned her food!--and it'll be a miracle if they don't knock it off the edge... or fall off themselves!

Fazluna bites Nem on the foreleg, causing her to rear up in pain, and it's a free shot at the ring! She snags it and clutches it tight--apologizes for leaving it behind--Nem charges! Nem has shoved Fazluna over the edge of the Pillar! Down, down, down Fazluna goes--and she's not flying! It seems she has eyes for nothing but her ring as she falls, laughing and smiling! Fork is going to have to teleport her to the medical tent before she can hit the ground, I'm sorry to say. Looks like she's made sure to torch the onion ring, too. Can't be too careful with a tent full of dragons.

Nem carries her offering sack up and through the entryway to Earthshaker, making Nem the victor! Congratulations, Nem! We'll turn away now and let you speak to the Earthshaker in privacy; the words he says and the blessing he chooses to give you are meant for your ears only.

That was a fantastic round, faithful listeners, and I am honored to have been able to present it to you. This marks the end of this year's Hungry Games, and the beginning of the winter season. Thank you all for your ears and your support, and be sure to mimic-proof your houses for the upcoming Night of the Nocturne! This is your host, signing off for the night.

@kijauni

PLEASE SEND ME A PM WITH THE NAME OF THE ITEM YOU WANT ME TO BUY FOR YOU FROM THE AH. ITEM MUST BE AT/UNDER THE PRICE NEXT TO YOUR DRAGON'S NAME. I WILL SEND YOU THE PRIZE AND YOUR SPECTATOR GIFTS BY REPLY PM. PRIZES NOT COLLECTED BY SATURDAY NIGHT ROLLOVER WILL BE CONSIDERED FORFEIT.

Bluejay - N/A

@Natureluvr
Caribbean Sea: 10kt

@Unicornponies
Belim: 10kt

@Solstices
Adriel: 10kt

@Chaosarceus
Xanthophyll: 10kt

@Sidegrinder
Bilbo: 10kt

@Dreamclaws
Raodin: 20kt
+ 99 frosted violets, broken pottery jar, 2 lustrous shell

@Aradan
Jordan: 20kt
+ 1 bone antlers, 99 chimera fangs, crown of bones

@Zif
Friday: 20kt

@Deladria
Saharath: 20kt

@ShadowWolfDeath
Deera: 22kt

@Cattington
Fall: 20kt

@Kelpoyo
Vermello: 24kt

@Lightningwind
Aequorea: 30kt

@Bezonox
Stardust: 30kt
+ 1 magic nymph, 1 ancestral incense

@TheAwesoMew
Riku: 30kt

@Dragonfruiteen
Olivine - 30kt
+ 2 tradewind gull, 1 ambush

@Browncoatparadox
Erin: 30kt

@Leopardmask
Agate: 50kt
+ 99 lace lantana, 1 longneck mender

@Rivertyl
Sahiz: 50kt
+ 99 mini potash peach, 99 honey

@cvthedral
Sumuji: 20kt (round one)
Umber: 45kt
+ 1 ruby grasp, 1 cyan grasp, 99 Small Chunk of Granite
+ 1 Scroll of Renaming, 1 Petal Jumper

@Dinomatika
Braziliante: 75kt

@Goldia
Fazluna: 82.5kt
+ thunderhead savannah vista, 10 handful of sprockets

@Thewarywatcher13
Nem: 120kt
+ 20 berserker belt, 5 major health potion
+ encouragement to make up a blessing from Earthshaker and add
both that and a permanent social boost around Earth flight dragons
to her lore!

IF YOU ARE SEEING THIS MESSAGE, YOU STILL HAVE A PRIZE TO COLLECT FROM ROUND ONE. PLEASE SEND ME A PM WITH THE NAME OF THE ITEM YOU WANT ME TO BUY FOR YOU FROM THE AH. ITEM MUST BE AT/UNDER THE PRICE NEXT TO YOUR DRAGON'S NAME. I WILL SEND YOU THE PRIZE AND ANY SPECTATOR GIFTS BY REPLY PM. PRIZES NOT COLLECTED BY SATURDAY NIGHT ROLLOVER WILL BE CONSIDERED FORFEIT.

@Sublimevoide
Eoywin: 10kt

@Wonderlast
Blance: 10kt

@ArtemisAgrotera
Horephoros: 10kt
+ 1 Deadwood Strangler, 10 Green Sludge
J7D1quC.png
CfG2LT1.png
XP7djFk.png
WKtl2lb.png
ll0CfnD.png
YMPbu9R.png
@snek
could i combine the prizes? get an item for 65ktr since you’ll spend the same amount either way...
@snek
could i combine the prizes? get an item for 65ktr since you’ll spend the same amount either way...
BonsaiPixels.FR_2xPlanter.png wfuYhNt.gif sale trade lore wishlist

mwa82103691.png
I still love the one onion ring nonsense (In fazluna's defense though, good onion rings? Are really tasty). Good thing fork was there to snap-incinerate it. Friday's probably still out cold in the tent, dreaming sweet and terrible dreams of pheasants. That said, congratulations to nem! @Thewarywatcher13 [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/jLywt78.png[/img][/center] And thank you @snek for a very tightly conducted and well-organized event again this year ^_^ I had a lot of fun! Please get some rest and pat yourself on the back for a job well done.
I still love the one onion ring nonsense (In fazluna's defense though, good onion rings? Are really tasty). Good thing fork was there to snap-incinerate it.

Friday's probably still out cold in the tent, dreaming sweet and terrible dreams of pheasants.

That said, congratulations to nem! @Thewarywatcher13
jLywt78.png

And thank you @snek for a very tightly conducted and well-organized event again this year ^_^ I had a lot of fun! Please get some rest and pat yourself on the back for a job well done.
D9IHig1.pngbabyyouknowthatimissyouzUFNp7D.png
@cvthedral

Of course! I kinda figured that would be the case anyway :)

@Zif

A cute art!! And thank YOU (and all the others) for playing!
@cvthedral

Of course! I kinda figured that would be the case anyway :)

@Zif

A cute art!! And thank YOU (and all the others) for playing!
J7D1quC.png
CfG2LT1.png
XP7djFk.png
WKtl2lb.png
ll0CfnD.png
YMPbu9R.png
@Snek that was such a blast, thank you so much for running it!
@Snek that was such a blast, thank you so much for running it!
Woohoo, congrats Nem! This was a fun round :D

@Snek,
Thank you so much for hosting these! I had so much fun!
Woohoo, congrats Nem! This was a fun round :D

@Snek,
Thank you so much for hosting these! I had so much fun!
LhnYpua.png s3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-l11-book.pngs3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-m36-book.pngs3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-s16-book.pngB7_R.png
3KkxJSr.png
LhnYpua.png
eeGpIiY.png
.. « Mew »
|| 2+ FR Time | She/Her | The Calm Before the Storm | fr__lightning_by_baelfin-d8uyn76.png fr__beastclans_by_baelfin-d92uyiw.png ||

• { Lockedown } - Chill Biolocke + Necrolocke
• { Thunder Hollow } - Clan Lore [WIP]

{ Assets: x x x }
eeGpIiY.png
LhnYpua.png 89TBw7Q.gif
Awwww, poor Fazluna - that Ring really messed with her!! Maybe she should have thrown it into the 'lava' after all!

Honestly, I don't consider myself to be much of an RPer, but this was SO well done! The stories and updates were so well written, it made doing the RP's so easy. THANK YOU SNEK!!!

Oh, and whoever sent me the spectator gift, thank you so much!!!

Oh - and After all this, Fazluna has realised that she belongs with the Order of the Seeker: An order dedicated to hunting the lands of Sornieth to capture and contain Shade creatures (including onions rings!). She has now got a hankering for being on the move and doesn't want to be tied to one place all the time.

PS - I think my entire lair needs to stay away from high places - both my dragons fell off the Pillar and had to be teleported to safety!
Awwww, poor Fazluna - that Ring really messed with her!! Maybe she should have thrown it into the 'lava' after all!

Honestly, I don't consider myself to be much of an RPer, but this was SO well done! The stories and updates were so well written, it made doing the RP's so easy. THANK YOU SNEK!!!

Oh, and whoever sent me the spectator gift, thank you so much!!!

Oh - and After all this, Fazluna has realised that she belongs with the Order of the Seeker: An order dedicated to hunting the lands of Sornieth to capture and contain Shade creatures (including onions rings!). She has now got a hankering for being on the move and doesn't want to be tied to one place all the time.

PS - I think my entire lair needs to stay away from high places - both my dragons fell off the Pillar and had to be teleported to safety!
Ink wash brush-style art of three red and gold Wildclaws performing a dragon dance with a green Auraboa puppet, with text for Nature's Year of the Wood Dragon push. D9tBovl.png w8o0xW1.png
@Snek
Could I split the prize funds into 2 items that add up to 120kt?
Prizes aside, this has been a really fun event to follow and roleplay with, thank you! I was worried for Nem's safety for a moment there when she went after the one-ion ring, but now that it's destroyed all is well. :D I'll have to think awhile about what sort of blessing suits Nem, but meeting Earthshaker has been a lifelong dream of hers, so the events of the Games are sure to make it into her (and Euclase's) bio.

@Zif Oh my, Thanks you so much for the artwork! May I put it in her bio?

Thanks you as well to whoever sent the spectator gift ^.^
@Snek
Could I split the prize funds into 2 items that add up to 120kt?
Prizes aside, this has been a really fun event to follow and roleplay with, thank you! I was worried for Nem's safety for a moment there when she went after the one-ion ring, but now that it's destroyed all is well. :D I'll have to think awhile about what sort of blessing suits Nem, but meeting Earthshaker has been a lifelong dream of hers, so the events of the Games are sure to make it into her (and Euclase's) bio.

@Zif Oh my, Thanks you so much for the artwork! May I put it in her bio?

Thanks you as well to whoever sent the spectator gift ^.^
tmmkOjs.png PXWBvNq.png
@Goldia

Haha! I'm glad to have helped you figure out where Fazluna might want to go (and I hope she becomes the mightiest onion ring slayer in the land)!

@Thewarywatcher13

Yeah, go ahead--I haven't been super strict on that since some people's requests were like "food, but this kind and that kind" or "as many fodder apparel as fit in the total" and that's technically more than one, so if you've got an idea for two that's all right provided it does fit in the limit. :)

I'm glad you both (and Aradan and TheAwesoMew and anyone else who participated!) enjoyed the games! It was my pleasure to host them and write them for you all. :D
@Goldia

Haha! I'm glad to have helped you figure out where Fazluna might want to go (and I hope she becomes the mightiest onion ring slayer in the land)!

@Thewarywatcher13

Yeah, go ahead--I haven't been super strict on that since some people's requests were like "food, but this kind and that kind" or "as many fodder apparel as fit in the total" and that's technically more than one, so if you've got an idea for two that's all right provided it does fit in the limit. :)

I'm glad you both (and Aradan and TheAwesoMew and anyone else who participated!) enjoyed the games! It was my pleasure to host them and write them for you all. :D
J7D1quC.png
CfG2LT1.png
XP7djFk.png
WKtl2lb.png
ll0CfnD.png
YMPbu9R.png
This was such a pleasure to partake and then read on and cheer for the other dragons. Deera was too busy hiding from the other dragons out of the embarassment of knocking himself out but I'll be sure to PM with what item to get for him :)
This was such a pleasure to partake and then read on and cheer for the other dragons. Deera was too busy hiding from the other dragons out of the embarassment of knocking himself out but I'll be sure to PM with what item to get for him :)
Family doesn't end in blood. But it doesn't start there either.
tumblr_oswhsnDmUq1v8lm95o3_100.gifplague.giftumblr_oswhsnDmUq1v8lm95o4_100.gif
1 2 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43