Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [RBC] The Hungry Games (DONE)
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 42 43
@Snek USERNAME: MusicandMagic PLAYER ID#: 110100 DRAGON NAME: Echo DRAGON BBCODE:@Snek USERNAME: Your username here. PLAYER ID#: It's the one that pops up when you go to your profile. DRAGON NAME: Your dragon's name here. DRAGON BBCODE: @Snek USERNAME: Your username here. PLAYER ID#: It's the one that pops up when you go to your profile. DRAGON NAME: Your dragon's name here. DRAGON BBCODE: [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49585138] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/495852/49585138_350.png[/img] [/url] TOP THREE FOOD GROUP PREFERENCES: Seeds of Change, Broken Molds, Dairy Delights DRAGON'S FAVORITE FOOD ITEM: Jumbo Shrimp with sticky rice DRAGON'S LEAST FAVORITE FOOD ITEM: any of those insect "delicacies" that the clan leader keeps trying to sell him on. (last week was grilled scorpions, and the week before was locust, ewwww) DRAGON'S PERSONALITY: Generally an easy going member of the clan, Echo is one of the foremost "translators" of the clan. As in, they are one of the few coatls who can guess what the faes are saying [i](though it should be acknowledged and emphasis on guess)[/i] at a given time. Clan leader Crescent wanted a representative in the Rockbreakers celebrations and Umberstep made [b]quite clear[/b] that there would be consequences to anyone who interrupted his hatchling free vacation time these next two weeks. Echo as lots of freetime, so why not volunteer, it can't be that bad, right? DRAGON'S MAIN SKILLS, ABILITIES, OR KNOWLEDGES: PR and general dragon skills; Echo has picked up some of the details of how faes communicate and will offer direct coatl to Fae conversation mediation, with varying results [i](some things just can't translate)[/i]. Other skills are like the finer points of "how to get out of chores", and "Avoiding the Permababes". ANYTHING ELSE I SHOULD KNOW? How is it that Echo was the [i]only[/i] Earth-borne candidate in the entire clan. There's something fishy about that. Also Crescent's mate was laughing the whole time she asked Echo to represent in a RBC event [i](what did he know?)[/i] [size=1]*Crescent, said clan leader, happens to be Fae
@Snek

USERNAME: MusicandMagic
PLAYER ID#: 110100

DRAGON NAME: Echo
DRAGON BBCODE:@Snek

USERNAME: Your username here.
PLAYER ID#: It's the one that pops up when you go to your profile.

DRAGON NAME: Your dragon's name here.
DRAGON BBCODE: @Snek

USERNAME: Your username here.
PLAYER ID#: It's the one that pops up when you go to your profile.

DRAGON NAME: Your dragon's name here.
DRAGON BBCODE:
49585138_350.png

TOP THREE FOOD GROUP PREFERENCES: Seeds of Change, Broken Molds, Dairy Delights
DRAGON'S FAVORITE FOOD ITEM: Jumbo Shrimp with sticky rice
DRAGON'S LEAST FAVORITE FOOD ITEM: any of those insect "delicacies" that the clan leader keeps trying to sell him on. (last week was grilled scorpions, and the week before was locust, ewwww)
DRAGON'S PERSONALITY: Generally an easy going member of the clan, Echo is one of the foremost "translators" of the clan. As in, they are one of the few coatls who can guess what the faes are saying (though it should be acknowledged and emphasis on guess) at a given time. Clan leader Crescent wanted a representative in the Rockbreakers celebrations and Umberstep made quite clear that there would be consequences to anyone who interrupted his hatchling free vacation time these next two weeks. Echo as lots of freetime, so why not volunteer, it can't be that bad, right?
DRAGON'S MAIN SKILLS, ABILITIES, OR KNOWLEDGES: PR and general dragon skills; Echo has picked up some of the details of how faes communicate and will offer direct coatl to Fae conversation mediation, with varying results (some things just can't translate). Other skills are like the finer points of "how to get out of chores", and "Avoiding the Permababes".
ANYTHING ELSE I SHOULD KNOW? How is it that Echo was the only Earth-borne candidate in the entire clan. There's something fishy about that. Also Crescent's mate was laughing the whole time she asked Echo to represent in a RBC event (what did he know?)
*Crescent, said clan leader, happens to be Fae
jt3PpxV.pngPwHm1vg.gifez8W9jX.gif
@Snek USERNAME: cvthedral PLAYER ID#: 476227 DRAGON NAME: sumuji DRAGON BBCODE: [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=54400268] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/544003/54400268_350.png[/img] [/url] TOP THREE FOOD GROUP PREFERENCES: banana bunch, scales of justice, dairy of delight (also like grain, but feel free to stick him anywhere!) DRAGON'S FAVORITE FOOD ITEM: bananas, sundaes, brownies, anything sweet! DRAGON'S LEAST FAVORITE FOOD ITEM: eggs, overcooked steak, tomato DRAGON'S PERSONALITY: usually very nice, but has a secret annoying streak. cheeky and creepy, sumuji loves to see others squirm if they deserve it (or maybe not...). as long as you remain nice and try not to provoke him, sumuji won’t show try to make you mad. just leave him be and he’ll be harmless. DRAGON'S MAIN SKILLS, ABILITIES, OR KNOWLEDGES: very good pastry cook! can stomach lot of weird foods. cannot stomach sauces or foods not usually seen by itself (want him to eat just mayo? want him to eat just a lemon? no way!!). is not a really good screamer. ANYTHING ELSE I SHOULD KNOW? the idea of my clan is that we all whisper. i was wondering if i could type in all lower case? everything else, like punctuation and grammar are still the same. if not i can just type proper and all that, snek! i can also make it so, that when my dragon speaks, his in all lower case, while narration and stuff is proper caps. just wanted to know a head of time, because some people find annoying. thanks for hosting this! i love this idea.
@Snek

USERNAME: cvthedral
PLAYER ID#: 476227

DRAGON NAME: sumuji
DRAGON BBCODE:

54400268_350.png

TOP THREE FOOD GROUP PREFERENCES: banana bunch, scales of justice, dairy of delight (also like grain, but feel free to stick him anywhere!)
DRAGON'S FAVORITE FOOD ITEM: bananas, sundaes, brownies, anything sweet!
DRAGON'S LEAST FAVORITE FOOD ITEM: eggs, overcooked steak, tomato

DRAGON'S PERSONALITY: usually very nice, but has a secret annoying streak. cheeky and creepy, sumuji loves to see others squirm if they deserve it (or maybe not...). as long as you remain nice and try not to provoke him, sumuji won’t show try to make you mad. just leave him be and he’ll be harmless.
DRAGON'S MAIN SKILLS, ABILITIES, OR KNOWLEDGES: very good pastry cook! can stomach lot of weird foods. cannot stomach sauces or foods not usually seen by itself (want him to eat just mayo? want him to eat just a lemon? no way!!). is not a really good screamer.

ANYTHING ELSE I SHOULD KNOW? the idea of my clan is that we all whisper. i was wondering if i could type in all lower case? everything else, like punctuation and grammar are still the same. if not i can just type proper and all that, snek! i can also make it so, that when my dragon speaks, his in all lower case, while narration and stuff is proper caps. just wanted to know a head of time, because some people find annoying.
thanks for hosting this! i love this idea.
BonsaiPixels.FR_2xPlanter.png wfuYhNt.gif sale trade lore wishlist

mwa82103691.png
@Cvthedral

I personally don't mind at all! I do ask that if someone RPs with you and specifically requests capitalization to help them read easier that you honor their request, but otherwise, write as you like. :)

(Now that I'm thinking about it, however, I am putting a preemptive ban on the more illegible forms of 'aesthetic' post formatting--so no writing your replies in size 2 all-italics bright pink font, y'all. Format in moderation, please.)
@Cvthedral

I personally don't mind at all! I do ask that if someone RPs with you and specifically requests capitalization to help them read easier that you honor their request, but otherwise, write as you like. :)

(Now that I'm thinking about it, however, I am putting a preemptive ban on the more illegible forms of 'aesthetic' post formatting--so no writing your replies in size 2 all-italics bright pink font, y'all. Format in moderation, please.)
J7D1quC.png
CfG2LT1.png
XP7djFk.png
WKtl2lb.png
ll0CfnD.png
YMPbu9R.png
[b]USERNAME:[/b] Thewarywatcher13 [b]PLAYER ID#:[/b] 39058 [b]DRAGON NAME:[/b] Euclase [b]DRAGON BBCODE:[/b] [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=2838482] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/28385/2838482_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]TOP THREE FOOD GROUP PREFERENCES:[/b] Seeds of Change, Beetle Boilers, Broken Mold [b]DRAGON'S FAVORITE FOOD ITEM:[/b] Hard candies [b]DRAGON'S LEAST FAVORITE FOOD ITEM:[/b] She finds most meat offensive, and particularly refuses to think of bats as food [b]DRAGON'S PERSONALITY:[/b] Friendly, easygoing, and as patient as well, a rock, Euclase is the sort of dragon that’s a friend to everyone whether they like her or not. She worked her way into her cousin-once-removed Xolotl’s heart this way, despite being polar opposites in personality. She spent a great deal of her early life stubbornly following Xolotl around, whom she considered very important for being a blood relative, and got into a number of tough scrapes that way- though with his help she always seemed to get out of them the wiser for it. Nowadays she’s more independent, with insatiable curiosity and a strong sense of adventure where it involves caves or her home element. [b]DRAGON'S MAIN SKILLS, ABILITIES, OR KNOWLEDGES:[/b] Euclase has extensive knowledge of rocks, minerals, and cave structures (not to mention cavern fauna and fungi), due both to her natural magic and years spent spelunking. She has good survival skills, but loathes fighting, so while she is good at protecting herself from blows she isn't all that good at hitting back. A half-decent cartographer, and a skilled climber. Her gembond, while inherited, comes from an onyx cobra bite somewhere in her lineage and can impede her movements, so cannot move too quickly or agily. She is also quite skilled at speed-eating, proven by her former victory in a sweet-eating contest, but not everyone in her clan is willing to count that as a skill. [b]ANYTHING ELSE I SHOULD KNOW?[/b] I am fond of roleplay, but am very busy these days and may or may not have time to write in-character responses day by day.
USERNAME: Thewarywatcher13
PLAYER ID#: 39058
DRAGON NAME: Euclase
DRAGON BBCODE:
2838482_350.png

TOP THREE FOOD GROUP PREFERENCES: Seeds of Change, Beetle Boilers, Broken Mold
DRAGON'S FAVORITE FOOD ITEM: Hard candies
DRAGON'S LEAST FAVORITE FOOD ITEM: She finds most meat offensive, and particularly refuses to think of bats as food
DRAGON'S PERSONALITY: Friendly, easygoing, and as patient as well, a rock, Euclase is the sort of dragon that’s a friend to everyone whether they like her or not. She worked her way into her cousin-once-removed Xolotl’s heart this way, despite being polar opposites in personality. She spent a great deal of her early life stubbornly following Xolotl around, whom she considered very important for being a blood relative, and got into a number of tough scrapes that way- though with his help she always seemed to get out of them the wiser for it. Nowadays she’s more independent, with insatiable curiosity and a strong sense of adventure where it involves caves or her home element.

DRAGON'S MAIN SKILLS, ABILITIES, OR KNOWLEDGES: Euclase has extensive knowledge of rocks, minerals, and cave structures (not to mention cavern fauna and fungi), due both to her natural magic and years spent spelunking. She has good survival skills, but loathes fighting, so while she is good at protecting herself from blows she isn't all that good at hitting back. A half-decent cartographer, and a skilled climber. Her gembond, while inherited, comes from an onyx cobra bite somewhere in her lineage and can impede her movements, so cannot move too quickly or agily.
She is also quite skilled at speed-eating, proven by her former victory in a sweet-eating contest, but not everyone in her clan is willing to count that as a skill.
ANYTHING ELSE I SHOULD KNOW? I am fond of roleplay, but am very busy these days and may or may not have time to write in-character responses day by day.
tmmkOjs.png PXWBvNq.png
@Snek USERNAME: DeathPhoenix PLAYER ID#: 465054 DRAGON NAME: WIDOWMAKER DRAGON BBCODE: [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=17170423] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/171705/17170423_350.png[/img] [/url] TOP THREE FOOD GROUP PREFERENCES: Dairy Delights, Superberries, Sweet Treats DRAGON'S FAVORITE FOOD ITEM: Ankles DRAGON'S LEAST FAVORITE FOOD ITEM: Wrists DRAGON'S PERSONALITY: Very screamy, loves werewolves. Fun, outgoing, determined. Widowmaker will do ANYTHING to win. DRAGON'S MAIN SKILLS, ABILITIES, OR KNOWLEDGES: He isn't very smart, but he is FREAKING STRONG. Loves ankles. May bite off the ankles of other dragons, which makes him run super fast. Basically, if he gets his head by your ankles, you're pretty much doomed. ANYTHING ELSE I SHOULD KNOW? He is an anklebiter. He loves ankles. He eats them all the time.
@Snek

USERNAME: DeathPhoenix
PLAYER ID#: 465054

DRAGON NAME: WIDOWMAKER
DRAGON BBCODE:
17170423_350.png

TOP THREE FOOD GROUP PREFERENCES: Dairy Delights, Superberries, Sweet Treats
DRAGON'S FAVORITE FOOD ITEM: Ankles
DRAGON'S LEAST FAVORITE FOOD ITEM: Wrists
DRAGON'S PERSONALITY: Very screamy, loves werewolves. Fun, outgoing, determined. Widowmaker will do ANYTHING to win.
DRAGON'S MAIN SKILLS, ABILITIES, OR KNOWLEDGES: He isn't very smart, but he is FREAKING STRONG. Loves ankles. May bite off the ankles of other dragons, which makes him run super fast. Basically, if he gets his head by your ankles, you're pretty much doomed.
ANYTHING ELSE I SHOULD KNOW? He is an anklebiter. He loves ankles. He eats them all the time.
And if a silence filled the air do you think that anyone would even care? Would they be aware... of the mounting snow...
Two slots left and just a few hours to fill them! Come and sign up while you still can!
Two slots left and just a few hours to fill them! Come and sign up while you still can!
J7D1quC.png
CfG2LT1.png
XP7djFk.png
WKtl2lb.png
ll0CfnD.png
YMPbu9R.png
@Snek USERNAME: Rivertyl PLAYER ID#: 257723 DRAGON NAME: Brea DRAGON BBCODE: [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=47688551] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/476886/47688551_350.png[/img] [/url] TOP THREE FOOD GROUP PREFERENCES: Broken Molds, Scales of Justice, Superberries DRAGON'S FAVORITE FOOD ITEM: Clams DRAGON'S LEAST FAVORITE FOOD ITEM: Broccoli DRAGON'S PERSONALITY: Brea is a calm-minded individual who is very chill. He doesn’t get stressed in many situations(though being forced to eat broccoli certainly will). Despite his demeanor he’s actually a nice guy. He will share his food with you—-not a hoarder of food. DRAGON'S MAIN SKILLS, ABILITIES, OR KNOWLEDGES: He knows greatly about the fauna of the land. That includes animals, Beastclans, plants, and types of rocks. (Though why would knowing rocks help you...) He’s skilled are weaving materials, so making makeshift items may be useful. ANYTHING ELSE I SHOULD KNOW? ...Not really.
@Snek

USERNAME: Rivertyl
PLAYER ID#: 257723

DRAGON NAME: Brea
DRAGON BBCODE:
47688551_350.png

TOP THREE FOOD GROUP PREFERENCES: Broken Molds, Scales of Justice, Superberries
DRAGON'S FAVORITE FOOD ITEM: Clams
DRAGON'S LEAST FAVORITE FOOD ITEM: Broccoli
DRAGON'S PERSONALITY: Brea is a calm-minded individual who is very chill. He doesn’t get stressed in many situations(though being forced to eat broccoli certainly will). Despite his demeanor he’s actually a nice guy. He will share his food with you—-not a hoarder of food.
DRAGON'S MAIN SKILLS, ABILITIES, OR KNOWLEDGES: He knows greatly about the fauna of the land. That includes animals, Beastclans, plants, and types of rocks. (Though why would knowing rocks help you...) He’s skilled are weaving materials, so making makeshift items may be useful.
ANYTHING ELSE I SHOULD KNOW? ...Not really.
MyfNmKq.png
@Snek USERNAME: Goldia PLAYER ID#: 362966 DRAGON NAME: Damek (Slavik name meaning "of the (red) earth" ) DRAGON BBCODE: [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=54443086] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/544431/54443086_350.png[/img] [/url] TOP THREE FOOD GROUP PREFERENCES: Green Vegetables, Broken Molds, Supeberries DRAGON'S FAVORITE FOOD ITEM: Guacamole DRAGON'S LEAST FAVORITE FOOD ITEM: Granola... bit of a problem for a hippie DRAGON'S PERSONALITY: Damek is actually a kinda hippie dude. He quite likes to go on a small pilgrimage every so often, but in between times is a homebody. He is the Earth rep in a Nature clan, and his mate is a Fire rep (Anala), which can be an interesting combination. DRAGON'S MAIN SKILLS, ABILITIES, OR KNOWLEDGES: He's good at living off the land, and camping. Can fend for himself quite well, and makes a mean campfire, and delicious camping food, in part due to picking up some tips from his mate. ANYTHING ELSE I SHOULD KNOW? Erm - I have no idea what I'm doing, have not participated in this type of event before!
@Snek

USERNAME: Goldia
PLAYER ID#: 362966
DRAGON NAME: Damek (Slavik name meaning "of the (red) earth" )
DRAGON BBCODE:

54443086_350.png

TOP THREE FOOD GROUP PREFERENCES: Green Vegetables, Broken Molds, Supeberries
DRAGON'S FAVORITE FOOD ITEM: Guacamole
DRAGON'S LEAST FAVORITE FOOD ITEM: Granola... bit of a problem for a hippie
DRAGON'S PERSONALITY: Damek is actually a kinda hippie dude. He quite likes to go on a small pilgrimage every so often, but in between times is a homebody. He is the Earth rep in a Nature clan, and his mate is a Fire rep (Anala), which can be an interesting combination.
DRAGON'S MAIN SKILLS, ABILITIES, OR KNOWLEDGES: He's good at living off the land, and camping. Can fend for himself quite well, and makes a mean campfire, and delicious camping food, in part due to picking up some tips from his mate.
ANYTHING ELSE I SHOULD KNOW? Erm - I have no idea what I'm doing, have not participated in this type of event before!
Ink wash brush-style art of three red and gold Wildclaws performing a dragon dance with a green Auraboa puppet, with text for Nature's Year of the Wood Dragon push. D9tBovl.png w8o0xW1.png
[center][b][u][size=6]THE MORNING REPORT[/size][/b][/u][/center] The heavy doors of the Feldspar Farms' main gate swing open as soon as the last of the volunteers make themselves known, revealing a tall Skydancer with fur and feathers the color of a heavily faded rainbow. She smooths out her chef's uniform and, unsnapping her trident from her belt, knocks the butt of it against the black iron bands binding one of the doors for attention. [center][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/552722/55272148_350.png[/img][/center] "I will have quiet!" she shouts, quelling the chatter that had only just started to build in volume. "You will all have plenty of time to talk about the Games when they begin. Remember, we will be broadcasting via scrying pool and KDRT Earth News Radio this year, so be certain to tune in for the latest reports. Vials of connective waters for your scrying pools will be made available for free at the booth next to the first aid station, which is being maintained inside the old orange barn a five minute walk to the east of this location. If you are not playing and would like to volunteer there, go and ask Spoon to sign on as an aide." She clears her throat and points the trident at the crowd. "I now call the 24 contestants to follow me to the processing floor. It is time for you to receive your supplies, get to know your friends and foes, and compose any last-minute messages. These will be your last hours as free dragons until the Hungry Games are through, so enjoy them." She buckles her trident onto her belt, spins on her heel, and marches back through the gate. [center]***[/center] The processing floor is a flat stretch of well-polished stone hidden inside a large rock dome. The dome itself appears to be a natural formation, not dragonmade, too rough and uneven to have been carved by chisels. As the contestants enter, they'll notice that beautiful, sparkling crystals line the inside of said walls. This is, in fact, the inside of the one of the largest geodes ever uncovered on Sornieth. Small wonder it's been made into the starting point--what better way to convince them to work hard for Earthshaker than to show them something like this? The Skydancer motions for the players to wander inside. There, they will each be given one enchanted sack and one enchanted bottle with insides that are much, [i]much[/i] bigger than their outsides. Plenty of chairs sit scattered around for those looking to make themselves comfortable; others are free to eat and drink or talk to each other for the few hours they have. Each dragon may also write one brief message for the announcer to read over the radio or add to the scrying river. This will be their only chance to communicate with the outside world until they get knocked out of the game, so if they have something to say to those back home, now's the time. (Those that don't like the restriction can take it up with Sneakweasel and Chopper, who were disqualified from a Hungry Game ten years ago for sneaking in walkie-talkies and getting outside help locating big food stashes. Incidentally, this is the same reason there are no longer chartered leisure flights over the Farm during the Hungry Games.) "Now, please, enjoy yourselves. You have until Knife arrives this evening and turns you all loose. In the meantime, if there is anything you need, feel free to come to me. I will do my best to help." ------------------------------------------- @jbapple @Zif @Kvon @Kunikida @Martine @Funfun11 @Kelpoyo @LadyOfTheSkies @ArtemisAgrotera @Sublimevoide @Lightningwind @Dragonfruiteen @Wonderlast @Natureluvr @ShadowWolfDeath @Unicornponies @TheAwesoMew @WolfByte @MusicandMagic @Cvthedral @Thewarywatcher13 @DeathPhoenix @Goldia @Rivertyl @Deladria ------------------------------------------- [i]Thank you all for signing up! I'm looking forward to having a lot of fun with this, and I can only hope you'll have just as much. (If you are reading this and you missed out on signing up, ask to be on the signups pinglist! You can also ask to be pinged for results posts if you don't want to miss a moment of what's going on. Feel free to RP as a spectator as long as you follow the rules! As a reminder, Spectator Gifts may actually be sent in by anyone, player or spectator, as long as the rules for that mechanic are properly followed.) Many of you haven't joined a Hunger Games sim before, or are new to/rusty at RPing--or both--so I thought I'd offer you all a chance to ease into things. If you can, take the opportunity to warm up those writing bones! I will be providing once/twice-daily blurbs about what the simulator did to everyone. By yourself or together with others, you can write reactions, or more detailed versions of those events, or other things your character may be doing or thinking between blurbs. Don't make final decisions like KOing dragons--that's the simulator's job--and always be ready for disruptions. And remember: if you get KOd, you can still RP, as long as you keep the restrictions from the Rules post in mind. These sims can be fast-paced, so go descriptive but compact-ish if you want conversation and interaction. Lengthier posts are best for standalone replies. It's okay if you don't have the time or inspiration to respond to every result post, or if you completely change your mind about RPing! Like the rules say, it's just a fun side activity that can help make the story feel more 'real'. I'll be catching up on my sleep for a bit, so it may take me a while to respond if your dragon has any questions for Fork, but I'll try to reserve some time to reply before the next big post goes up. Anyone not interested in writing RP posts: Enjoy the peace and quiet! It's not going to last very long. I'll for sure be back in the early evening to throw down the simulator's opening shot... :)[/i]
THE MORNING REPORT

The heavy doors of the Feldspar Farms' main gate swing open as soon as the last of the volunteers make themselves known, revealing a tall Skydancer with fur and feathers the color of a heavily faded rainbow. She smooths out her chef's uniform and, unsnapping her trident from her belt, knocks the butt of it against the black iron bands binding one of the doors for attention.
55272148_350.png

"I will have quiet!" she shouts, quelling the chatter that had only just started to build in volume. "You will all have plenty of time to talk about the Games when they begin. Remember, we will be broadcasting via scrying pool and KDRT Earth News Radio this year, so be certain to tune in for the latest reports. Vials of connective waters for your scrying pools will be made available for free at the booth next to the first aid station, which is being maintained inside the old orange barn a five minute walk to the east of this location. If you are not playing and would like to volunteer there, go and ask Spoon to sign on as an aide."

She clears her throat and points the trident at the crowd. "I now call the 24 contestants to follow me to the processing floor. It is time for you to receive your supplies, get to know your friends and foes, and compose any last-minute messages. These will be your last hours as free dragons until the Hungry Games are through, so enjoy them."

She buckles her trident onto her belt, spins on her heel, and marches back through the gate.

The processing floor is a flat stretch of well-polished stone hidden inside a large rock dome. The dome itself appears to be a natural formation, not dragonmade, too rough and uneven to have been carved by chisels. As the contestants enter, they'll notice that beautiful, sparkling crystals line the inside of said walls.

This is, in fact, the inside of the one of the largest geodes ever uncovered on Sornieth. Small wonder it's been made into the starting point--what better way to convince them to work hard for Earthshaker than to show them something like this?

The Skydancer motions for the players to wander inside. There, they will each be given one enchanted sack and one enchanted bottle with insides that are much, much bigger than their outsides. Plenty of chairs sit scattered around for those looking to make themselves comfortable; others are free to eat and drink or talk to each other for the few hours they have.

Each dragon may also write one brief message for the announcer to read over the radio or add to the scrying river. This will be their only chance to communicate with the outside world until they get knocked out of the game, so if they have something to say to those back home, now's the time. (Those that don't like the restriction can take it up with Sneakweasel and Chopper, who were disqualified from a Hungry Game ten years ago for sneaking in walkie-talkies and getting outside help locating big food stashes. Incidentally, this is the same reason there are no longer chartered leisure flights over the Farm during the Hungry Games.)

"Now, please, enjoy yourselves. You have until Knife arrives this evening and turns you all loose. In the meantime, if there is anything you need, feel free to come to me. I will do my best to help."

@jbapple @Zif @Kvon @Kunikida @Martine @Funfun11 @Kelpoyo @LadyOfTheSkies @ArtemisAgrotera @Sublimevoide @Lightningwind @Dragonfruiteen @Wonderlast @Natureluvr @ShadowWolfDeath @Unicornponies @TheAwesoMew @WolfByte @MusicandMagic @Cvthedral @Thewarywatcher13 @DeathPhoenix @Goldia @Rivertyl
@Deladria

Thank you all for signing up! I'm looking forward to having a lot of fun with this, and I can only hope you'll have just as much. (If you are reading this and you missed out on signing up, ask to be on the signups pinglist! You can also ask to be pinged for results posts if you don't want to miss a moment of what's going on. Feel free to RP as a spectator as long as you follow the rules! As a reminder, Spectator Gifts may actually be sent in by anyone, player or spectator, as long as the rules for that mechanic are properly followed.)

Many of you haven't joined a Hunger Games sim before, or are new to/rusty at RPing--or both--so I thought I'd offer you all a chance to ease into things. If you can, take the opportunity to warm up those writing bones!

I will be providing once/twice-daily blurbs about what the simulator did to everyone. By yourself or together with others, you can write reactions, or more detailed versions of those events, or other things your character may be doing or thinking between blurbs. Don't make final decisions like KOing dragons--that's the simulator's job--and always be ready for disruptions. And remember: if you get KOd, you can still RP, as long as you keep the restrictions from the Rules post in mind.

These sims can be fast-paced, so go descriptive but compact-ish if you want conversation and interaction. Lengthier posts are best for standalone replies. It's okay if you don't have the time or inspiration to respond to every result post, or if you completely change your mind about RPing! Like the rules say, it's just a fun side activity that can help make the story feel more 'real'.

I'll be catching up on my sleep for a bit, so it may take me a while to respond if your dragon has any questions for Fork, but I'll try to reserve some time to reply before the next big post goes up.

Anyone not interested in writing RP posts: Enjoy the peace and quiet! It's not going to last very long. I'll for sure be back in the early evening to throw down the simulator's opening shot... :)
J7D1quC.png
CfG2LT1.png
XP7djFk.png
WKtl2lb.png
ll0CfnD.png
YMPbu9R.png
(Oh gosh, it's been years since the last time I was in an rp. Hopefully I'm not too rusty)
Lowery passed a gentle hand over the crystals, and let out a soft whistle. Although he couldn't tell his quartz from his amethyst anymore, he hadn't seen anything like it since he had left Dragonhome all those years ago. It was strange to be back in his old home again, especially since the place hadn't seemed to have changed at all.
(Oh gosh, it's been years since the last time I was in an rp. Hopefully I'm not too rusty)
Lowery passed a gentle hand over the crystals, and let out a soft whistle. Although he couldn't tell his quartz from his amethyst anymore, he hadn't seen anything like it since he had left Dragonhome all those years ago. It was strange to be back in his old home again, especially since the place hadn't seemed to have changed at all.
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 42 43