Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [RBC] The Hungry Games (DONE)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 42 43
@snek
I'd like to give it a shot. May I be added to the pinglist? :)
@snek
I'd like to give it a shot. May I be added to the pinglist? :)
Earth-Crystal-2.png
Earth-Crystal.png
@Martine

You sure may!

Remember to keep an eye out for upcoming pings--tomorrow is signup day!

(The pinglist will stay open to new additions through the event, also.
If you're undecided now, but decide you want on it later, feel free to ask!)
@Martine

You sure may!

Remember to keep an eye out for upcoming pings--tomorrow is signup day!

(The pinglist will stay open to new additions through the event, also.
If you're undecided now, but decide you want on it later, feel free to ask!)
J7D1quC.png
CfG2LT1.png
XP7djFk.png
WKtl2lb.png
ll0CfnD.png
YMPbu9R.png
Very neat, add me to the pinglist please!
Very neat, add me to the pinglist please!
hi can i be on pinglist please? thanks!
hi can i be on pinglist please? thanks!
Pinglist, please and thank ya!
Pinglist, please and thank ya!
unicornponies_com.png
Added up to here!

SOON... VERY SOON.
Added up to here!

SOON... VERY SOON.
J7D1quC.png
CfG2LT1.png
XP7djFk.png
WKtl2lb.png
ll0CfnD.png
YMPbu9R.png
@snek i realize im late and it'll start soon anyway, but please pinglist me!
@snek i realize im late and it'll start soon anyway, but please pinglist me!
D9IHig1.pngbabyyouknowthatimissyouzUFNp7D.png
It's not too late until the event is over!

Adding :D
It's not too late until the event is over!

Adding :D
J7D1quC.png
CfG2LT1.png
XP7djFk.png
WKtl2lb.png
ll0CfnD.png
YMPbu9R.png
[center][size=6][u][b]GAME ONE: SIGNUPS, MORNING 12[/b][/u][/size][/center] The dawn of another of the great harvesting contests approaches, and countless dragons with Earth magic flowing through their veins find themselves drawn to the immense Feldspar Farms from all across Sornieth. No one fails to find their way; most know the route by heart, and those who are not old enough to have learned it are led by Snappers with memories stretching back centuries. Many travelers exchange wild tales of past Hungry Games on this trek, seeking entertainment and inspiration in equal measure--it's quite possible they will be one of the chosen participants this year, and the competitions are always fierce. A hush falls over the crowd now gathered at the outermost entrance to the Farms as a blue and black Nocturne in a chef's uniform steps onto the stage and raises her claws for silence. She looks out over them all, smiling, and gestures to the sun rising high overhead before beginning to speak. [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=54769234] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/547693/54769234_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] "My name is Cookbook," she says, ignoring the brief burst of feedback from the microphone. "And it is my pleasure to welcome you to the Hungry Games. As you can see, the sun has not yet abandoned us. It gives us warmth and light, as it has done all year. Because of this--and because of the tireless, clever dragons who work themselves to the bone!--Dragonhome's crops and factories have flourished once again! [i]Be proud![/i]" A cheer ripples through the crowd. She waits for it to die down a bit before holding a claw up once more and continuing. "But we cannot appreciate the light without the darkness, and that darkness is swiftly approaching. We must work hard now so that we may pass through the cold and barren season with full bellies, warm hide, and strong hearts. This is a sacrifice we gladly make. "Twenty-four of you will be chosen to make an even bigger one. You must leave your clans, your families, and your friends behind, and trust them to work hard in your absence. [i]Your[/i] devotion must be to Earthshaker, who depends on you for his own well-being this winter. It will not be easy. It will not be painless. Only one of you will make it to the Pillar with all that you have gathered. We do this out of love and gratitude, for it is his watchful eye which protects us all, and he cannot leave his post to gather this food himself. [b]"I will now take volunteers,"[/b] she declares, opening the heavy book at her side and placing it on her podium. [b]"Twelve while the sun is up and twelve when the sun has set, for balance. If the morning's dozen fills up, await tonight's call."[/b] She picks a quill and inkwell out from a drawer in the podium and, dipping one into the other, readies herself to write. [b]"Begin!"[/b] ------------------------------------------------------ @/kijauni @/rhapsodicDream @/Wonderlast @/TheAwesoMew @/ShadowWolfDeath @/Martine @/Lightningwind @/Jbapple @/Unicornponies @/Zif ------------------------------------------------------- [i]Not on the pinglist yet? Want to be alerted to the evening call for players (and any potential second or third game signups)? It's not too late! Let me know and I'll add you to it. You do not need to be on the pinglist to sign up. Please do not use 'claim' posts, as I will not count those. Please use the form from the form post. Signups past the first dozen will be asked to wait until the evening's call and try again at that time, as I am trying to allow people from every time zone a chance to play.[/i]
GAME ONE: SIGNUPS, MORNING 12

The dawn of another of the great harvesting contests approaches, and countless dragons with Earth magic flowing through their veins find themselves drawn to the immense Feldspar Farms from all across Sornieth. No one fails to find their way; most know the route by heart, and those who are not old enough to have learned it are led by Snappers with memories stretching back centuries. Many travelers exchange wild tales of past Hungry Games on this trek, seeking entertainment and inspiration in equal measure--it's quite possible they will be one of the chosen participants this year, and the competitions are always fierce.

A hush falls over the crowd now gathered at the outermost entrance to the Farms as a blue and black Nocturne in a chef's uniform steps onto the stage and raises her claws for silence. She looks out over them all, smiling, and gestures to the sun rising high overhead before beginning to speak.

"My name is Cookbook," she says, ignoring the brief burst of feedback from the microphone. "And it is my pleasure to welcome you to the Hungry Games. As you can see, the sun has not yet abandoned us. It gives us warmth and light, as it has done all year. Because of this--and because of the tireless, clever dragons who work themselves to the bone!--Dragonhome's crops and factories have flourished once again! Be proud!"

A cheer ripples through the crowd. She waits for it to die down a bit before holding a claw up once more and continuing.

"But we cannot appreciate the light without the darkness, and that darkness is swiftly approaching. We must work hard now so that we may pass through the cold and barren season with full bellies, warm hide, and strong hearts. This is a sacrifice we gladly make.

"Twenty-four of you will be chosen to make an even bigger one. You must leave your clans, your families, and your friends behind, and trust them to work hard in your absence. Your devotion must be to Earthshaker, who depends on you for his own well-being this winter. It will not be easy. It will not be painless. Only one of you will make it to the Pillar with all that you have gathered. We do this out of love and gratitude, for it is his watchful eye which protects us all, and he cannot leave his post to gather this food himself.

"I will now take volunteers," she declares, opening the heavy book at her side and placing it on her podium. "Twelve while the sun is up and twelve when the sun has set, for balance. If the morning's dozen fills up, await tonight's call." She picks a quill and inkwell out from a drawer in the podium and, dipping one into the other, readies herself to write. "Begin!"

@/kijauni @/rhapsodicDream @/Wonderlast @/TheAwesoMew @/ShadowWolfDeath @/Martine @/Lightningwind @/Jbapple @/Unicornponies @/Zif

Not on the pinglist yet? Want to be alerted to the evening call for players (and any potential second or third game signups)? It's not too late! Let me know and I'll add you to it.

You do not need to be on the pinglist to sign up. Please do not use 'claim' posts, as I will not count those. Please use the form from the form post. Signups past the first dozen will be asked to wait until the evening's call and try again at that time, as I am trying to allow people from every time zone a chance to play.
J7D1quC.png
CfG2LT1.png
XP7djFk.png
WKtl2lb.png
ll0CfnD.png
YMPbu9R.png
@Snek USERNAME: jbapple PLAYER ID#: 158745 DRAGON NAME: Aurora DRAGON BBCODE: [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37661349] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/376614/37661349_350.png[/img] [/url] TOP THREE FOOD GROUP PREFERENCES: Meat, Insects, Seafood DRAGON'S FAVORITE FOOD ITEM: kelp DRAGON'S LEAST FAVORITE FOOD ITEM: anchovies DRAGON'S PERSONALITY: Sparkle, Sparkle Sparkle -- that's got to be camouflage somewhere right? Aurora trusts that's true as they nestle into a midnight tab. Wants to mimic the night sky and fly into Auroras. Not always dressed warmly enough for ice but sparkles are warming magic. DRAGON'S MAIN SKILLS, ABILITIES, OR KNOWLEDGES: Stars in sky, use of feathers for warmth, how to only eat plants and like it. ANYTHING ELSE I SHOULD KNOW? cute themed event
@Snek

USERNAME: jbapple
PLAYER ID#: 158745

DRAGON NAME: Aurora
DRAGON BBCODE:
37661349_350.png

TOP THREE FOOD GROUP PREFERENCES: Meat, Insects, Seafood
DRAGON'S FAVORITE FOOD ITEM: kelp
DRAGON'S LEAST FAVORITE FOOD ITEM: anchovies
DRAGON'S PERSONALITY: Sparkle, Sparkle Sparkle -- that's got to be camouflage somewhere right? Aurora trusts that's true as they nestle into a midnight tab. Wants to mimic the night sky and fly into Auroras. Not always dressed warmly enough for ice but sparkles are warming magic.
DRAGON'S MAIN SKILLS, ABILITIES, OR KNOWLEDGES: Stars in sky, use of feathers for warmth, how to only eat plants and like it.
ANYTHING ELSE I SHOULD KNOW? cute themed event
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 42 43