Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [RoR] Explore the Scarred Wasteland 2019
1 2 ... 72 73 74 75 76 ... 144 145
@Goldia
Well isn't this dragon spirited? His energy is infectious as he soon finds his tail swishing about in excitement.

"Those are some nice goggles indeed! Practical and fashionable, just the way I like my apparel."

Nostalgia is a strange thing indeed... Constants and variables, familiar and unfamiliar mixing together. Hopefully he'll meet his birth clan again, see his old home and all that once the threat of the Emperor is dealt with.

"Good luck to you and hopefully you'll be as lucky as I was with the crater!"

He gives a wave and friendly smile before heading off his own way. Breif as it was, this was a pleasant meeting.
@Goldia
Well isn't this dragon spirited? His energy is infectious as he soon finds his tail swishing about in excitement.

"Those are some nice goggles indeed! Practical and fashionable, just the way I like my apparel."

Nostalgia is a strange thing indeed... Constants and variables, familiar and unfamiliar mixing together. Hopefully he'll meet his birth clan again, see his old home and all that once the threat of the Emperor is dealt with.

"Good luck to you and hopefully you'll be as lucky as I was with the crater!"

He gives a wave and friendly smile before heading off his own way. Breif as it was, this was a pleasant meeting.
Ferberus tumblr_inline_odefuuK3iq1s3vc1u_400.png Calico Ferberus
re: encounter with Cerebrum

Mavuto backed away from the cobwebbed figure... he was not afraid, no, not at all. Not even unnerved!

The Pearlcatcher did not react to his shuffling, only delivered a warning in a dry, dispassionate whisper, flexing wings that were more hole than flesh.

When it tossed layers of cobweb at his feet, he snatched them up only because it was staring at him with those blank, empty eyes.
re: encounter with Cerebrum

Mavuto backed away from the cobwebbed figure... he was not afraid, no, not at all. Not even unnerved!

The Pearlcatcher did not react to his shuffling, only delivered a warning in a dry, dispassionate whisper, flexing wings that were more hole than flesh.

When it tossed layers of cobweb at his feet, he snatched them up only because it was staring at him with those blank, empty eyes.

Projects
Wishlist
Bio Resources
Acp3eET.png*NIdUF6j.pngJKNmjbX.pngHFIQUjw.pngSFXnr9A.png2KqnYj4.pngUifrkF6.pnghBq372b.pngK4kr5BC.pngEeIVgVi.png8ayfQ7p.pngemtOFWD.pngfNFWviE.pngWANW32a.png6l90A3T.pngUS7UtHx.png
@Antigen @sylvain @BoggyMcBogface @yeezy13 [img]https://i.imgur.com/w2gFCUu.png[/img] [b]My explorer is[/b]: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2761257/14#post_40901850]Mavuto[/url] [b]My map marker is[/b]: [emoji=cobra size=1] [b]I am searching for[/b]: Food (I/M) [b][i]Optional for RPers[/i][/b]: [b]I will be moving my map marker again today for the purpose of RP[/b]: No [b]My RP post[/b]: The pus-pool Mavuto investigated today seemed to defy nature, boiling and bubbling among the bony crevices of a valley wall, rather than on its floor. But this was the Scarred Wasteland, where the rules of the Gladekeeper did not apply. And maybe that would make this sample the most fascinating yet.
@Antigen @sylvain @BoggyMcBogface @yeezy13
w2gFCUu.png

My explorer is: Mavuto

My map marker is:

I am searching for: Food (I/M)

Optional for RPers:

I will be moving my map marker again today for the purpose of RP: No

My RP post: The pus-pool Mavuto investigated today seemed to defy nature, boiling and bubbling among the bony crevices of a valley wall, rather than on its floor. But this was the Scarred Wasteland, where the rules of the Gladekeeper did not apply.

And maybe that would make this sample the most fascinating yet.

Projects
Wishlist
Bio Resources
Acp3eET.png*NIdUF6j.pngJKNmjbX.pngHFIQUjw.pngSFXnr9A.png2KqnYj4.pngUifrkF6.pnghBq372b.pngK4kr5BC.pngEeIVgVi.png8ayfQ7p.pngemtOFWD.pngfNFWviE.pngWANW32a.png6l90A3T.pngUS7UtHx.png
@Antigen @sylvain @BoggyMcBogface @yeezy13 [img]https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/e/2PACX-1vS7cxs45DoLxfI77aGZRFUdX05AcX62_iHu14aLIS5MEWvHYQVbzGXCeBFWxrR8w4sPlpD4II4dP-bt/pub?w=960&.png[/img] [b]My explorer is[/b]: [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=12108358] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/121084/12108358_350.png[/url][/img] [b]My map marker is[/b]: [emoji=snowflake size=1] [b]I am searching for[/b]: Apparel/Other [i]Optional for RPers[/i]: [b]I will be moving my map marker again today for the purpose of RP[/b]: No [b]My RP post re: [url= https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2761257/69#post_41034722] this post[/url] [/b]@SirLeafheart Famine bows his head in monumental gratitude. He eagerly collects the carefully wrapped parcel and dashes to his paltry encampment to stash it away with the rest of his belongings, the twinkling sound of ice crystals matted in his fur plinking together, and a trail of frigid air lingering in his wake. The way a beast of Famine’s stature and appearance moves so fluidly is almost eerie. During this simple exchange, Famine has noticed a change in the visitor's scent - from neutral to Friend. Berries are most certainly his favorite treat - and a species from the Southern Icefield, to boot. Famine bids Callum farewell as he takes a mental note of the manner in which this New Friend radiates a glowing energy, in hopes he will recognize Callum readily should they meet again. For a moment, Famine ponders if he should traverse the Shifting Expanse after his journey to the Wyrmwound, to learn more about the strange, luminous adaptation Callum possesses. [center]—-[/center] Feeling confident after a pleasant encounter with a visitor, Famine decides to gather up his belongings and trek deeper into the Scarred Wasteland. As he leaps from the ground to begin flight, he feels the ground beneath him give way and almost... bounce? The earth seems to have a rubbery quality to it. Or perhaps... fleshy? Gross.
pub?w=960&.png

My explorer is:

12108358_350.png

My map marker is:
I am searching for: Apparel/Other

Optional for RPers:
My RP post re: this post @SirLeafheart

Famine bows his head in monumental gratitude. He eagerly collects the carefully wrapped parcel and dashes to his paltry encampment to stash it away with the rest of his belongings, the twinkling sound of ice crystals matted in his fur plinking together, and a trail of frigid air lingering in his wake. The way a beast of Famine’s stature and appearance moves so fluidly is almost eerie.

During this simple exchange, Famine has noticed a change in the visitor's scent - from neutral to Friend. Berries are most certainly his favorite treat - and a species from the Southern Icefield, to boot.

Famine bids Callum farewell as he takes a mental note of the manner in which this New Friend radiates a glowing energy, in hopes he will recognize Callum readily should they meet again. For a moment, Famine ponders if he should traverse the Shifting Expanse after his journey to the Wyrmwound, to learn more about the strange, luminous adaptation Callum possesses.
—-

Feeling confident after a pleasant encounter with a visitor, Famine decides to gather up his belongings and trek deeper into the Scarred Wasteland. As he leaps from the ground to begin flight, he feels the ground beneath him give way and almost... bounce? The earth seems to have a rubbery quality to it. Or perhaps... fleshy? Gross.
xxxxxxxxxxxx what did you honestly expect to find here? xxxxxxxxxxxx
tumblr_inline_nxzvqj33Dj1tnp410_100.png
[quote][center]It was a hard, fruitless day in the wasteland. Some searched far and wide, high and low, their feet carrying them in haste to discover more treasures, only to be disappointed when not much turned up. Others meandered along a central area, familiarizing themselves with the secrets of the terrain. Secrets that remained hidden today, to the discontentment of the explorers. Some dragons even went hungry on this day. As the sun began to set and each tallied their losses with empty claws and grumbling bellies, they examined what they did managed to find: @wordstarter2010 [item=broken bottle]x10 It's difficult to tell what was in these... recycle? @TheDarkestDream [item=sparrow skull]x7 Nothing special about these empty little noggins. @Goldia [item=tiny feathers]x13 Well the feathers were found, but the meal got away.[/center] [/quote]
Quote:
It was a hard, fruitless day in the wasteland. Some searched far and wide, high and low, their feet carrying them in haste to discover more treasures, only to be disappointed when not much turned up. Others meandered along a central area, familiarizing themselves with the secrets of the terrain. Secrets that remained hidden today, to the discontentment of the explorers. Some dragons even went hungry on this day.

As the sun began to set and each tallied their losses with empty claws and grumbling bellies, they examined what they did managed to find:

@wordstarter2010
Broken Bottle x10
It's difficult to tell what was in these... recycle?

@TheDarkestDream
Sparrow Skull x7
Nothing special about these empty little noggins.

@Goldia
Tiny Feathers x13
Well the feathers were found, but the meal got away.
32392442p.png66416996p.png83684589p.png75459369p.png78722162p.png70636041p.png64470764p.png
[quote][center]Waypoints dotted the landscape of the Pestilent One's domain. On occasion one who happened upon them would find an offering, sometimes even with a note. Today a color array of eye shields found their way to the roughly cut stone platforms upon which they sat. A note was wrapped around each pair, addressed generally to the discoverer: [i]"Heard there was gonna be another flash. The flash appears in the sky, bright as fire and just as searing. Make a dragon lose his eyes. Wear these... don't look directly at it when it comes."[/i] @Wonderlast [item=windwalker's arctic goggles] @Chaosarceus [item=winterwatcher's arctic goggles] @aurallene [item=cloudgazer's arctic goggles] [/center][/quote]
Quote:
Waypoints dotted the landscape of the Pestilent One's domain. On occasion one who happened upon them would find an offering, sometimes even with a note. Today a color array of eye shields found their way to the roughly cut stone platforms upon which they sat. A note was wrapped around each pair, addressed generally to the discoverer:

"Heard there was gonna be another flash. The flash appears in the sky, bright as fire and just as searing. Make a dragon lose his eyes. Wear these... don't look directly at it when it comes."

@Wonderlast
Windwalker's Arctic Goggles

@Chaosarceus
Winterwatcher's Arctic Goggles

@aurallene
Cloudgazer's Arctic Goggles
32392442p.png66416996p.png83684589p.png75459369p.png78722162p.png70636041p.png64470764p.png
@Galatheid Re: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2761257/73#post_41042947]This Post[/url] [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=53082678] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/530827/53082678.png[/img] [/url] "Oh! Magic! Ummm..." Joan shifted nervously. Magic users were volatile. Not all of them were kind like Hermione or Fortinbras. But what if this Skydancer was? She really wanted to give her a chance, she really did, they were in the middle of a wasteland full of starving diseased things. What if she was hungry? What if she was hungry and wanted to eat Joan? Oh no. She backed away slowly. No control over her portals? But didn't she just portal that bone? "I just wanted to find some rare cloth!" She cried, "Please don't eat me!"
@Galatheid Re: This Post

53082678.png

"Oh! Magic! Ummm..."

Joan shifted nervously. Magic users were volatile. Not all of them were kind like Hermione or Fortinbras. But what if this Skydancer was? She really wanted to give her a chance, she really did, they were in the middle of a wasteland full of starving diseased things. What if she was hungry? What if she was hungry and wanted to eat Joan? Oh no.

She backed away slowly. No control over her portals? But didn't she just portal that bone?

"I just wanted to find some rare cloth!" She cried, "Please don't eat me!"

1WhYQHt.png
@Wonderlast [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55878732][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/558788/55878732.png[/img][/url][/center] Lethe blinked in bewildered amusement — an emotion she had not experienced for some time. She knew life was dark, dangerous, and cruel, and [i]not[/i] amusing, but the terror that the Wildclaw was emitting now was quite hilarious. “I am a Skydancer,” she replied, struggling to keep her voice indifferent and cold. “I only eat plants and insects, and, as far as I can tell, you are neither.” At least this Wildclaw wasn’t being as rude as that annoying Coatl. Truth be told, Lethe enjoyed her fearful attention. She was a quiet dragon, but she did like to be seen and heard. “Now,” she said, smirking, “if you are in need to travel to a different location, I could assist you. I promise that you will not be thrown into the Wyrmwound,” she continued hastily, remembering the Coatl. “The portal would take you to where you will like to travel. Provided that you do not panic, or [i]flail[/i].”
@Wonderlast
55878732.png

Lethe blinked in bewildered amusement — an emotion she had not experienced for some time. She knew life was dark, dangerous, and cruel, and not amusing, but the terror that the Wildclaw was emitting now was quite hilarious. “I am a Skydancer,” she replied, struggling to keep her voice indifferent and cold. “I only eat plants and insects, and, as far as I can tell, you are neither.” At least this Wildclaw wasn’t being as rude as that annoying Coatl. Truth be told, Lethe enjoyed her fearful attention. She was a quiet dragon, but she did like to be seen and heard.

“Now,” she said, smirking, “if you are in need to travel to a different location, I could assist you. I promise that you will not be thrown into the Wyrmwound,” she continued hastily, remembering the Coatl. “The portal would take you to where you will like to travel. Provided that you do not panic, or flail.”
@Antigen @sylvain @BoggyMcBogface @yeezy13 [img]https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/e/2PACX-1vS7cxs45DoLxfI77aGZRFUdX05AcX62_iHu14aLIS5MEWvHYQVbzGXCeBFWxrR8w4sPlpD4II4dP-bt/pub?w=960&.png[/img] [b]My explorer is[/b]: Yaakov [b]My map marker is[/b]: [emoji=hourglass size=1] [b]I am searching for[/b]: Apparel/Other [i]Optional for RPers[/i]: [b]I will be moving my map marker again today for the purpose of RP[/b]: No [b]My RP post[/b]: The spiral wandered blindly through the red fog he was caught up in, still recovering from an unknown illness. He tried to get an idea of where he was but the hazy outlines of nearby rocks were all he could see. Yaakov let out a snort of dismay before carrying on deeper into the fog.
pub?w=960&.png

My explorer is: Yaakov
My map marker is:
I am searching for: Apparel/Other

Optional for RPers:
My RP post: The spiral wandered blindly through the red fog he was caught up in, still recovering from an unknown illness. He tried to get an idea of where he was but the hazy outlines of nearby rocks were all he could see. Yaakov let out a snort of dismay before carrying on deeper into the fog.
7J1Hgbi.pngHHHh
[quote][center]Night has fallen... weary explorers have run out of time to look beyond their daily gatherings, ushered back to their hiding spots and makeshift camps to examine their loot. @brevityis [item=iron treasure chest] This object was found with its lock partially damaged. Do you have what it takes to open it? @SilverQuark [item=vista: harpy's roost] A lovely painting on a stretched piece of hide. @sgkat [item=noxious caterpillar]x99 A large collection of juicy, yet gastrointestinally disruptive snacks. @BottledLightning [item=gilded decorative chest] Someone really polished this to a finish! It must have been an accident that it was left out here... ah, well. Cheers to whatever's inside![/center][/quote]
Quote:
Night has fallen... weary explorers have run out of time to look beyond their daily gatherings, ushered back to their hiding spots and makeshift camps to examine their loot.

@brevityis
Iron Treasure Chest
This object was found with its lock partially damaged. Do you have what it takes to open it?

@SilverQuark
Vista: Harpy's Roost
A lovely painting on a stretched piece of hide.

@sgkat
Noxious Caterpillar x99
A large collection of juicy, yet gastrointestinally disruptive snacks.

@BottledLightning
Gilded Decorative Chest
Someone really polished this to a finish! It must have been an accident that it was left out here... ah, well. Cheers to whatever's inside!
1 2 ... 72 73 74 75 76 ... 144 145