Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [RoR] Explore the Scarred Wasteland 2019
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 144 145
@3idolon (I hope I can still join) [b]Dragon exploring the Scarred Wasteland[/b]: Lovelace [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37422423] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/374225/37422423_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]My chosen map marker is[/b]: [emoji=green gem size=1] [b]A brief introduction of my dragon explorer[/b]: She's the only dragon that wandered around Sornieth after joining the Clan of Hidden Roots. She spends quite some time cleaning herself and her outfit so everything shines and sparkles. Quite a challenge in the Wasteland. Maybe that's why she once left? [b]I am open to RP interaction[/b]: Yes [i]Optional for RPers[/i] [b]Personality of your dragon explorer[/b]: Lovelace is a really cheerfull dragon. She's happy almost all the time. She's very passionate about shiny stuff and other valuables. The only occasion she's not happy is probably: something she treasures (objects or dragons alike) has gone missing or broke. Then she's sad or mad. She's quite curious but if anything's spooky she is probably the first to run away an adequate distance and slowly getting closer again whil she decides if the spooky thing is really that creepy. [b]Things other people should know before interacting with my explorer[/b]: If your dragons is only "spooky" in a plague way: lovelace is used to that. The shadow kind of spooky on the other hand... or jump scares... oof. If your dragon isn't spooky: this Spiral wll probably not stop talking about shiny stuff once she starts. ----- ----- [img]https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/e/2PACX-1vS7cxs45DoLxfI77aGZRFUdX05AcX62_iHu14aLIS5MEWvHYQVbzGXCeBFWxrR8w4sPlpD4II4dP-bt/pub?w=960&.png[/img] [b]My explorer is[/b]: Lovelace [b]My map marker is[/b]: [emoji=green gem size=1] [b]I am searching for[/b]: Apparel [i]Optional for RPers[/i]: [b]I will be moving my map marker again today for the purpose of RP[/b]: No [b]My RP post[/b]: After her vacation in the light territory she was glad to be back home with all her shinies she terribly missed. For several month she was happy to be back home, but after some time, she started to miss the feeling of traveling and seeing new places. She didn't want to leave her treasures behind though so she decided to just travel through the wasteland and search for new things she could add to her hoard. After a heartwarming goodbye she noodled through the lair entrance hidden under some flesh roots and spread her wings to fly some distance. She was not quite sure where she wanted to start her search but the rotrock rim seemed like a nice start. Far enough from her Lair but not too far. She remembered the time they used to live here. Back when the Clan was still a bit smaler. Maybe her old Clan home was a nice start? Maybe someone left something behind? She didn't quite remember where the old Lair was. (it wasn't long after she was born when they moved into the bigger Lair colser to the Wyrmwound) So she flew over the the south side of the nothern Rim looking for something familiar. Hours flew by and she got tired. A little frustrated about not finding her old home again Lovelace decided she'd need some rest. The Spiral landed on a big fleshy tree and coiled herself into a little Spiral to hang over a branch. She was about to take a quick nap when she noticed somethign blue between the trees and mushrooms. It seemed to be another Spiral. (@Alfamangle) Unsure if she should approach them Lovelace wiggled on her tree clinking with her shinies. The other Spiral seemed to be about to leave again so she decided to greet them "[i]H- Hello? You ehm blue Spiral over there![/i]" She waved with her hand and her Apparel jingled even more as she moved.
@3idolon
(I hope I can still join)
Dragon exploring the Scarred Wasteland: Lovelace

37422423_350.png

My chosen map marker is:
A brief introduction of my dragon explorer: She's the only dragon that wandered around Sornieth after joining the Clan of Hidden Roots. She spends quite some time cleaning herself and her outfit so everything shines and sparkles. Quite a challenge in the Wasteland. Maybe that's why she once left?
I am open to RP interaction: Yes

Optional for RPers
Personality of your dragon explorer: Lovelace is a really cheerfull dragon. She's happy almost all the time. She's very passionate about shiny stuff and other valuables. The only occasion she's not happy is probably: something she treasures (objects or dragons alike) has gone missing or broke. Then she's sad or mad.
She's quite curious but if anything's spooky she is probably the first to run away an adequate distance and slowly getting closer again whil she decides if the spooky thing is really that creepy.
Things other people should know before interacting with my explorer:
If your dragons is only "spooky" in a plague way: lovelace is used to that. The shadow kind of spooky on the other hand... or jump scares... oof. If your dragon isn't spooky: this Spiral wll probably not stop talking about shiny stuff once she starts.

pub?w=960&.png

My explorer is: Lovelace
My map marker is:
I am searching for: Apparel

Optional for RPers:
I will be moving my map marker again today for the purpose of RP: No
My RP post:
After her vacation in the light territory she was glad to be back home with all her shinies she terribly missed. For several month she was happy to be back home, but after some time, she started to miss the feeling of traveling and seeing new places.
She didn't want to leave her treasures behind though so she decided to just travel through the wasteland and search for new things she could add to her hoard.

After a heartwarming goodbye she noodled through the lair entrance hidden under some flesh roots and spread her wings to fly some distance.
She was not quite sure where she wanted to start her search but the rotrock rim seemed like a nice start. Far enough from her Lair but not too far.
She remembered the time they used to live here. Back when the Clan was still a bit smaler. Maybe her old Clan home was a nice start? Maybe someone left something behind?

She didn't quite remember where the old Lair was. (it wasn't long after she was born when they moved into the bigger Lair colser to the Wyrmwound) So she flew over the the south side of the nothern Rim looking for something familiar.

Hours flew by and she got tired. A little frustrated about not finding her old home again Lovelace decided she'd need some rest. The Spiral landed on a big fleshy tree and coiled herself into a little Spiral to hang over a branch. She was about to take a quick nap when she noticed somethign blue between the trees and mushrooms. It seemed to be another Spiral. (@Alfamangle) Unsure if she should approach them Lovelace wiggled on her tree clinking with her shinies. The other Spiral seemed to be about to leave again so she decided to greet them "H- Hello? You ehm blue Spiral over there!" She waved with her hand and her Apparel jingled even more as she moved.
Torrent, perked his head up from his searching and smiled down and the blob of purple below.
He quickly fluttered down and started unpacking, his new cat friend attempting to get something from under the tree.
"Hey there, are you hungry? Thirsty? You've approached the right spiral alright! I have plenty of," Torrent coughed, "Excuse me, energy meat drinks, and some nice seafood dinners. Nothing of insects or plants mainly yet, I uhh.. am not a fire dragon so I can't exactly cook up some stuff on the spot." He coughed harder again, his hippogriff attempting to nudge the cat, who hissed back.
"Name's torrent" He said, pulling out a satchel and drank it.

@MiniDrachin
Torrent, perked his head up from his searching and smiled down and the blob of purple below.
He quickly fluttered down and started unpacking, his new cat friend attempting to get something from under the tree.
"Hey there, are you hungry? Thirsty? You've approached the right spiral alright! I have plenty of," Torrent coughed, "Excuse me, energy meat drinks, and some nice seafood dinners. Nothing of insects or plants mainly yet, I uhh.. am not a fire dragon so I can't exactly cook up some stuff on the spot." He coughed harder again, his hippogriff attempting to nudge the cat, who hissed back.
"Name's torrent" He said, pulling out a satchel and drank it.

@MiniDrachin
2KwZtRK.png7nppAyR.png
In Progress
Tracking explorations and RP up to *here* for distribution today... more to come.
  • 18:09 - Exploration posts compiled.
  • 18:23 - RP post count up to date.
  • 18:25 - Configuring prize output...
  • 21:09 - All prizes through 10/8 sent!

@MiniDrachin @PijukVonGacy
Hello and welcome! Thank you for joining. :3

@Neurotoxina
Adorbs! Nochnyr is one of my favorite fams. Don't forget to submit your exploration post for today, 10/9.
In Progress
Tracking explorations and RP up to *here* for distribution today... more to come.
  • 18:09 - Exploration posts compiled.
  • 18:23 - RP post count up to date.
  • 18:25 - Configuring prize output...
  • 21:09 - All prizes through 10/8 sent!

@MiniDrachin @PijukVonGacy
Hello and welcome! Thank you for joining. :3

@Neurotoxina
Adorbs! Nochnyr is one of my favorite fams. Don't forget to submit your exploration post for today, 10/9.
32392442p.png66416996p.png83684589p.png75459369p.png78722162p.png70636041p.png64470764p.png
@3idolon [b]Dragon exploring the Scarred Wasteland[/b]: Mavuto [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=14655563] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/146556/14655563_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]My chosen map marker is[/b]: [emoji=cobra size=1] [b]A brief introduction of my dragon explorer[/b]: A disappointment to his [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=13476635]mother[/url], Mavuto has spent much of his time avoiding interacting with other dragons... but he's always watching with a judgmental, cynical eye. He is exploring the Scarred Wasteland in search of new ingredients for poisons. [b]I am open to RP interaction[/b]: Yes [b][i]Optional for RPers[/i][/b] [b]Personality of your dragon explorer[/b]: Cynical and judgmental [b]Things other people should know before interacting with my explorer[/b]: (His lore is pretty much summarized in the introduction above, I'm hoping to expand on his personality through RP, but I have limited time on FR... apologies if my RP posts are short!) [b]Search form - Can be filled out once a day:[/b] [img]https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/e/2PACX-1vS7cxs45DoLxfI77aGZRFUdX05AcX62_iHu14aLIS5MEWvHYQVbzGXCeBFWxrR8w4sPlpD4II4dP-bt/pub?w=960&.png[/img] [b]My explorer is[/b]: Mavuto [b]My map marker is[/b]: [emoji=cobra size=1] [b]I am searching for[/b]: Food (I/M) [b][i]Optional for RPers[/i]:[/b] [b]I will be moving my map marker again today for the purpose of RP[/b]: No [b]My RP post[/b]: Mavuto wasted no time dilly-dallying around on the edges of the Plaguebringer's lands, oh no, not like [i]certain[/i] explorers... he flew straight for the Wyrmwound, into the heart of the most virulent and hostile territory in Sornieth, on the theory that the harshest of all environments would yield the nastiest poisons.
@3idolon

Dragon exploring the Scarred Wasteland: Mavuto

14655563_350.png

My chosen map marker is:

A brief introduction of my dragon explorer: A disappointment to his mother, Mavuto has spent much of his time avoiding interacting with other dragons... but he's always watching with a judgmental, cynical eye. He is exploring the Scarred Wasteland in search of new ingredients for poisons.

I am open to RP interaction: Yes

Optional for RPers

Personality of your dragon explorer: Cynical and judgmental

Things other people should know before interacting with my explorer: (His lore is pretty much summarized in the introduction above, I'm hoping to expand on his personality through RP, but I have limited time on FR... apologies if my RP posts are short!)

Search form - Can be filled out once a day:
pub?w=960&.png

My explorer is: Mavuto

My map marker is:

I am searching for: Food (I/M)

Optional for RPers:

My RP post: Mavuto wasted no time dilly-dallying around on the edges of the Plaguebringer's lands, oh no, not like certain explorers... he flew straight for the Wyrmwound, into the heart of the most virulent and hostile territory in Sornieth, on the theory that the harshest of all environments would yield the nastiest poisons.

Projects
Wishlist
Bio Resources
Acp3eET.png*NIdUF6j.pngJKNmjbX.pngHFIQUjw.pngSFXnr9A.png2KqnYj4.pngUifrkF6.pnghBq372b.pngK4kr5BC.pngEeIVgVi.png8ayfQ7p.pngemtOFWD.pngfNFWviE.pngWANW32a.png6l90A3T.pngUS7UtHx.png
@/3idolon [img]https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/e/2PACX-1vS7cxs45DoLxfI77aGZRFUdX05AcX62_iHu14aLIS5MEWvHYQVbzGXCeBFWxrR8w4sPlpD4II4dP-bt/pub?w=960&.png[/img] [b]My explorer is[/b]: [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2761257/8#post_40878197]Kiliac[/url] [b]My map marker is[/b]: [emoji=red vial size=1] [b]I am searching for[/b]: Other [i]Optional for RPers[/i]: [b]I will be moving my map marker again today for the purpose of RP[/b]: No [b]My RP post[/b]: The rugged edge of the Plaguebringer’s vast domain was particularly fruitful when it came to wagon pieces. Such places had seen hundreds of young clans come and go, and the remnants of a thousand lives were scattered about the landscape. Kiliac let herself be choosy, electing to spend the day’s early hours rambling over the ridged plains, gathering bits and bobs that could, surely, evolve into the wagon Kiliac desired. The weathered driftwood caught her eye especially, being both light-weight and sturdy. When she had gathered all she could possibly carry, Kiliac plopped down in a choice clearing and set to work. Construction had never been her forté, but she found the work pleasantly fulfilling. The controlled chaos of it all was the most curious little microcosm, and she alone could decide how it would work. Of course, it tried its hardest to not work at all, but Kiliac had a singular desire and, by the Plaguebringer herself, she would overcome the trivialities of making a simple [i]cart[/i]. The dusk light was just beginning to creep over the land when she screwed the last makeshift bolt in place. Stepping back from her creation, Kiliac could tell at once that it was largely a mess. The wheels were crude and lopsided, and the piece of rounded bark she had found for the body would likely need further reinforcements to even be able to hold anything of note. But! It was Kiliac’s mess and [i]that[/i] she liked quite a lot. She decided then and there that she wouldn’t be going anywhere with the cart that night, so she lashed it to a slender, rotting tree and began to make camp right there in the open. The far edges of the Scarred Wasteland were the only place where such a thing would really be safe to do, anyhow, so Kiliac was going to take advantage of such an excellent opportunity. Before long, a fire had roared to life in her little clearing and she curled around it, enjoying the last remnants of her stored food and watching the sky transition from orange-red to a hazy maroon-black. The thick miasma that hovered over the Plaguebringer’s lands obscured most stars, but the Scorpion constellation, sacred to the Wasteland, still shone through like a beacon in the sky. Just as Kiliac prepared to fall asleep, a faint noise rolled across the outlands. At once she was on her feet, glaring cautiously about the dark expanse of land before her. The little silhouettes of prey darted in the brambles, but there was nothing else to be seen. The noise continued, solidifying into a sort of whirring hum. A shadow broke free from the darkness of night on the very edge of the coast. The figure seemed draconic, so Kiliac eased into a sitting position, still alert. It didn’t seem they would cross paths unless the other party picked a fight. The clanking and hissing grew louder as the dragon stomped closer. They became stark against the moons’ reflection on the water, and Kiliac noticed steam lifting off them, swirling into the sky. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2761257/14#post_40902716][i]Whirr, click, whirr, clank…[/i][/url] Just as Kiliac prepared to doze once again, the dragon’s head swiveled, red eyes flashing briefly in the moonlight. They changed course, tromping towards the fire. Kiliac rose to her full height, stretching her wings in warning. But the dragon kept coming, clanging and clicking as it crested a nearby hummock, unruffled. The flickering firelight cast them in a sharp light, flaring off a number of metallic plates. [i]A golem? Strange,[/i] Kiliac thought as it approached her, [i]I didn’t think we had those here in the Wasteland.[/i] She lowered her wings as the amalgamated creature, stomped into her camp. It didn’t seem decided on whether it wished to be a golem or a dragon. As it came to rest a few feet from her, it stopped suddenly and tipped its head into the sky. A garbled voice, alongside more smoke, trailed from its open jaws, [b]“W-w-water... Magic... water. Magic water what h-h-holds the color of the e-e-elements…”[/b] As it spoke, the pipes that ribbed its chest ejected a copious amount of multi-colored sludge. Kiliac stared, dumbfounded, as the goopy material splashed into distinct puddles and spread out upon the ground. The flow trickled to a halt just as the dragon finished articulating its words. Its head clunked back into place and its eye-lenses flared red and orange in the fire’s light. “Uhm.” Kiliac spoke, haltingly, “Thanks.” The creature issued something between a click and a hiss. Then, with a strange, mechanical grace, it turned and splashed through its own puddle, aiming for the shoreline. Kiliac didn’t settle down until its regular creaks and groans had faded into the usual midnight hum. She paced cautiously around the puddle, trying to decide what it might be. The dragon-golem had called it water, but it was slightly more viscous. It didn’t seem acidic, as several unharmed branches had determined, but Kiliac wasn’t quite sure what to do with it. She decided, after a fashion, to spare a few of her vials and scoop some of it up. If it had chemical properties, then she could make good use of it once she returned to Thunder Hollow. If it turned out to be entirely useless…well, she’d have a strange memento. Once she was satisfied with her samples, she picked a spot on the opposite end of the fire and fell asleep.
@/3idolon
pub?w=960&.png

My explorer is: Kiliac
My map marker is:
I am searching for: Other

Optional for RPers:
My RP post:

The rugged edge of the Plaguebringer’s vast domain was particularly fruitful when it came to wagon pieces. Such places had seen hundreds of young clans come and go, and the remnants of a thousand lives were scattered about the landscape. Kiliac let herself be choosy, electing to spend the day’s early hours rambling over the ridged plains, gathering bits and bobs that could, surely, evolve into the wagon Kiliac desired. The weathered driftwood caught her eye especially, being both light-weight and sturdy.

When she had gathered all she could possibly carry, Kiliac plopped down in a choice clearing and set to work. Construction had never been her forté, but she found the work pleasantly fulfilling. The controlled chaos of it all was the most curious little microcosm, and she alone could decide how it would work.

Of course, it tried its hardest to not work at all, but Kiliac had a singular desire and, by the Plaguebringer herself, she would overcome the trivialities of making a simple cart. The dusk light was just beginning to creep over the land when she screwed the last makeshift bolt in place.

Stepping back from her creation, Kiliac could tell at once that it was largely a mess. The wheels were crude and lopsided, and the piece of rounded bark she had found for the body would likely need further reinforcements to even be able to hold anything of note. But! It was Kiliac’s mess and that she liked quite a lot.

She decided then and there that she wouldn’t be going anywhere with the cart that night, so she lashed it to a slender, rotting tree and began to make camp right there in the open. The far edges of the Scarred Wasteland were the only place where such a thing would really be safe to do, anyhow, so Kiliac was going to take advantage of such an excellent opportunity. Before long, a fire had roared to life in her little clearing and she curled around it, enjoying the last remnants of her stored food and watching the sky transition from orange-red to a hazy maroon-black. The thick miasma that hovered over the Plaguebringer’s lands obscured most stars, but the Scorpion constellation, sacred to the Wasteland, still shone through like a beacon in the sky.

Just as Kiliac prepared to fall asleep, a faint noise rolled across the outlands. At once she was on her feet, glaring cautiously about the dark expanse of land before her. The little silhouettes of prey darted in the brambles, but there was nothing else to be seen.

The noise continued, solidifying into a sort of whirring hum. A shadow broke free from the darkness of night on the very edge of the coast. The figure seemed draconic, so Kiliac eased into a sitting position, still alert. It didn’t seem they would cross paths unless the other party picked a fight.

The clanking and hissing grew louder as the dragon stomped closer. They became stark against the moons’ reflection on the water, and Kiliac noticed steam lifting off them, swirling into the sky.

Whirr, click, whirr, clank…

Just as Kiliac prepared to doze once again, the dragon’s head swiveled, red eyes flashing briefly in the moonlight. They changed course, tromping towards the fire.

Kiliac rose to her full height, stretching her wings in warning. But the dragon kept coming, clanging and clicking as it crested a nearby hummock, unruffled. The flickering firelight cast them in a sharp light, flaring off a number of metallic plates.

A golem? Strange, Kiliac thought as it approached her, I didn’t think we had those here in the Wasteland.

She lowered her wings as the amalgamated creature, stomped into her camp. It didn’t seem decided on whether it wished to be a golem or a dragon. As it came to rest a few feet from her, it stopped suddenly and tipped its head into the sky. A garbled voice, alongside more smoke, trailed from its open jaws,

“W-w-water... Magic... water. Magic water what h-h-holds the color of the e-e-elements…”

As it spoke, the pipes that ribbed its chest ejected a copious amount of multi-colored sludge. Kiliac stared, dumbfounded, as the goopy material splashed into distinct puddles and spread out upon the ground. The flow trickled to a halt just as the dragon finished articulating its words. Its head clunked back into place and its eye-lenses flared red and orange in the fire’s light.

“Uhm.” Kiliac spoke, haltingly, “Thanks.”

The creature issued something between a click and a hiss. Then, with a strange, mechanical grace, it turned and splashed through its own puddle, aiming for the shoreline. Kiliac didn’t settle down until its regular creaks and groans had faded into the usual midnight hum.

She paced cautiously around the puddle, trying to decide what it might be. The dragon-golem had called it water, but it was slightly more viscous. It didn’t seem acidic, as several unharmed branches had determined, but Kiliac wasn’t quite sure what to do with it.

She decided, after a fashion, to spare a few of her vials and scoop some of it up. If it had chemical properties, then she could make good use of it once she returned to Thunder Hollow. If it turned out to be entirely useless…well, she’d have a strange memento.

Once she was satisfied with her samples, she picked a spot on the opposite end of the fire and fell asleep.
LhnYpua.png s3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-l11-book.pngs3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-m36-book.pngs3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-s16-book.pngB7_R.png
3KkxJSr.png
LhnYpua.png
eeGpIiY.png
.. « Mew »
|| 2+ FR Time | She/Her | The Calm Before the Storm | fr__lightning_by_baelfin-d8uyn76.png fr__beastclans_by_baelfin-d92uyiw.png ||

• { Lockedown } - Chill Biolocke + Necrolocke
• { Thunder Hollow } - Clan Lore [WIP]

{ Assets: x x x }
eeGpIiY.png
LhnYpua.png 89TBw7Q.gif
@Captainsaviathan 10/8 Exploration [quote][center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38331106] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/383312/38331106_350.png[/img] [/url] Splice could sense the presence of another close to the parameter she patrolled. It was designed to ensure no stray dragon got close enough to tumble into the Wyrmwound. Though she herself could not see, she was acutely aware of the minute sound of claws as they gingerly sifted through tainted earth, heard the rustling of garments as the figure moved. "Watch your step, you!" She called in the direction of the noise. "It's easy to go a little to far than is wise in this place." She gave pause as she approached the vicinity of the other. "...could it be? Does your blood run crimson with the blessings of our Mother of Pestilence? Oh, yes... I can sense it in you." The mirror rooted around in her armor, mindful of the razor-tipped claws which elongated her digits to unusual lengths, and extracted a polished wooden chest. "There isn't much to find here today, but I can pass this along. Happy hunting!" [item=iron treasure chest] ((nice to meet another un-seer!))[/center][/quote]
@Captainsaviathan
10/8 Exploration

Quote:

38331106_350.png

Splice could sense the presence of another close to the parameter she patrolled. It was designed to ensure no stray dragon got close enough to tumble into the Wyrmwound. Though she herself could not see, she was acutely aware of the minute sound of claws as they gingerly sifted through tainted earth, heard the rustling of garments as the figure moved.

"Watch your step, you!" She called in the direction of the noise. "It's easy to go a little to far than is wise in this place."

She gave pause as she approached the vicinity of the other. "...could it be? Does your blood run crimson with the blessings of our Mother of Pestilence? Oh, yes... I can sense it in you."

The mirror rooted around in her armor, mindful of the razor-tipped claws which elongated her digits to unusual lengths, and extracted a polished wooden chest.

"There isn't much to find here today, but I can pass this along. Happy hunting!"

Iron Treasure Chest
((nice to meet another un-seer!))

32392442p.png66416996p.png83684589p.png75459369p.png78722162p.png70636041p.png64470764p.png
@Kryptica 10/8 Exploration [quote][center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38331106] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/383312/38331106_350.png[/img] [/url] It wasn't long before Splice heard another moving around, much closer to the cauldron than the last. They must've gotten close enough to enter the forest of bony protrusions which suspiciously resembled fangs. "I can't see you but I know you're there, friend." She touched the handle of her trident where it hung parallel to her body, gliding her palm along its smooth surface to the metal grip at its center as she slunk to the back side of one of the larger bony structures. "Do you ever wonder if we're standing within the jaws of an ancient beast, asleep with its mouth wide, just awaiting the day something awakens it, to swallow our insignificant homes up, and take our lives along with them?" The mirror tapped her foreclaws against its smooth surface, resisting an urge to carve an inscription into it. That was a behavior for hatchlings and the lovestruck, neither of which she was. Sever tossed a sack from the fang's shadow towards the direction of the traveler's activity. "I hope you've still got your appetite. Life out here can rob a good dragon even of that." [item=leopard caterpillar] x99[/center][/quote] @KairinRose 10/8 Exploration [quote][center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=54486336] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/544864/54486336_350.png[/img] [/url] The borderlands between plague and shadow held darkness of two kinds: a foreboding weight that hung in the air and clung to passersby like sadness, and the deeper, tangible shadows cast by a changing landscape as snares of contagion met trickster roots, each blooming their own spores with pliable tops. On a rare occasion the shadows coalesced to give embodiment to its shade and heaviness. Rarer still was it for these happenings to remain viable long enough to interact with visitors, but today was one such time and place for an encounter. This one took the sweeping shape of a crescent as it rose through the air, bearing many eyes that saw, many hands that stretched and grasped and beckoned, but for what it could not say. The entity drifted towards Hyperion. As it drew nearer and finally passed overhead, small, hard objects seemed to rain from it. The only evidence of its passing came from the patter of its release of the objects and the fact that they remained after it disappeared. [item=rainbow mussels] x99 ((I have no idea why this thing had seafood...))[/center][/quote]
@Kryptica
10/8 Exploration
Quote:

38331106_350.png

It wasn't long before Splice heard another moving around, much closer to the cauldron than the last. They must've gotten close enough to enter the forest of bony protrusions which suspiciously resembled fangs.

"I can't see you but I know you're there, friend."

She touched the handle of her trident where it hung parallel to her body, gliding her palm along its smooth surface to the metal grip at its center as she slunk to the back side of one of the larger bony structures.

"Do you ever wonder if we're standing within the jaws of an ancient beast, asleep with its mouth wide, just awaiting the day something awakens it, to swallow our insignificant homes up, and take our lives along with them?" The mirror tapped her foreclaws against its smooth surface, resisting an urge to carve an inscription into it. That was a behavior for hatchlings and the lovestruck, neither of which she was.

Sever tossed a sack from the fang's shadow towards the direction of the traveler's activity.

"I hope you've still got your appetite. Life out here can rob a good dragon even of that."
Leopard Caterpillar x99

@KairinRose
10/8 Exploration
Quote:

54486336_350.png

The borderlands between plague and shadow held darkness of two kinds: a foreboding weight that hung in the air and clung to passersby like sadness, and the deeper, tangible shadows cast by a changing landscape as snares of contagion met trickster roots, each blooming their own spores with pliable tops.

On a rare occasion the shadows coalesced to give embodiment to its shade and heaviness. Rarer still was it for these happenings to remain viable long enough to interact with visitors, but today was one such time and place for an encounter.

This one took the sweeping shape of a crescent as it rose through the air, bearing many eyes that saw, many hands that stretched and grasped and beckoned, but for what it could not say.

The entity drifted towards Hyperion. As it drew nearer and finally passed overhead, small, hard objects seemed to rain from it. The only evidence of its passing came from the patter of its release of the objects and the fact that they remained after it disappeared.

Rainbow Mussels x99
((I have no idea why this thing had seafood...))

@3idolon [img]https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/e/2PACX-1vS7cxs45DoLxfI77aGZRFUdX05AcX62_iHu14aLIS5MEWvHYQVbzGXCeBFWxrR8w4sPlpD4II4dP-bt/pub?w=960&amp;.png[/img] [b]My explorer is[/b]:[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=53538492] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/535385/53538492_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]My map marker is[/b]:[emoji=cauldron size=1] [b]I am searching for[/b]:Other [i]Optional for RPers[/i]: DM to Discord please <: [b]I will be moving my map marker again today for the purpose of RP[/b]: Yes [b]My RP post[/b]: Clem sits by the wyrmwood watching the bubbles ripple hypnotized by them. It was just like her dreams, swarming pulsing and throbbing with rot. Feeling a moment a movement on her tail she picks the centipede that crawled across her scales and smiled dropping it into the liquid and watching it writhe and become overrun with the mothers blessing.
@3idolon
pub?w=960&amp;.png

My explorer is:
53538492_350.png

My map marker is:
I am searching for:Other

Optional for RPers: DM to Discord please <:
I will be moving my map marker again today for the purpose of RP: Yes
My RP post: Clem sits by the wyrmwood watching the bubbles ripple hypnotized by them. It was just like her dreams, swarming pulsing and throbbing with rot. Feeling a moment a movement on her tail she picks the centipede that crawled across her scales and smiled dropping it into the liquid and watching it writhe and become overrun with the mothers blessing.
8HJ5652.png8hZb6VZ.png
@Alfamangle 10/8 Exploration [quote][center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=23619190] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/236192/23619190_350.png[/img] [/url] A tundra approached a rather striking spiral from the vicinity of the Rotrock Rim. Many visitors there had been indeed. The thinly strung cobwebs that clung to his wings fluttered as he walked in contrast to the large birdskull fastened at his midsection, which hung heavily upon its belted leather straps. He watched the figure intensely through the layers of his head coverings. "Blue, blue, blue... I have seen so many shades since the dawn of our festival month. Why, your very wings glimmer as though carved of precious gemstone." The tundra quirked his furred head sideways, offering a toothy smile. "I see you bear no weaponry. That decision may prove fatal out here. It just so happens that along my morning walk, I happened upon this one. It looks similar to one I bequeathed to a traveler two days ago. Yes, very similar... and perhaps it may be the same one." Eyes fixed in a stare and alight with his musings, the tundra offered the item to Torrent. "Take this, for your protection. I pray it fails you not. Or perhaps that you will not fail it." [item=cleaver][/center][/quote] @TheAwesoMew 10/8 Exploration [quote][center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=36319252] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/363193/36319252_350.png[/img] [/url] [i]whirr, click, whirr, clang...[/i] A growing mechanical orchestra signaled the arrival of strange creature. It moved with rhythmic prediction. Its limbs were stiff, rising and falling as though they were motivated by pistons and rods. Thick, rusty smoke emitted from the joints of its claws, wrists and ankles as it progressed towards the shore. Its trajectory adjusted when it noticed KIliac's presence. Its pace hurried along, and as it did the sound of grinding metal overrode its continuous [i]whirr, click, whirr, clang...[/i] In its quest to reach the other, a series of pipes that ribbed its left side burst and an array of colorful substances began to ooze forth, trailing down its side and painting its steps. When it finally stopped the rusted smoke continued to rise from its limbs. It threw its head back and parted its stiff metallic jaws, issuing a voice without motion: "W-w-water... Magic... water. Magic water what h-h-holds the color of the e-e-elements..." The pipes spurted and sludge piled onto the ground. [item=red sludge] x2 [item=green sludge] x2 [item=yellow sludge] x2 [item=orange sludge] x2 [item=blue sludge] x2 [item=purple sludge] x2[/center][/quote]
@Alfamangle
10/8 Exploration

Quote:

23619190_350.png

A tundra approached a rather striking spiral from the vicinity of the Rotrock Rim. Many visitors there had been indeed. The thinly strung cobwebs that clung to his wings fluttered as he walked in contrast to the large birdskull fastened at his midsection, which hung heavily upon its belted leather straps. He watched the figure intensely through the layers of his head coverings.

"Blue, blue, blue... I have seen so many shades since the dawn of our festival month. Why, your very wings glimmer as though carved of precious gemstone."

The tundra quirked his furred head sideways, offering a toothy smile.

"I see you bear no weaponry. That decision may prove fatal out here. It just so happens that along my morning walk, I happened upon this one. It looks similar to one I bequeathed to a traveler two days ago. Yes, very similar... and perhaps it may be the same one."

Eyes fixed in a stare and alight with his musings, the tundra offered the item to Torrent.

"Take this, for your protection. I pray it fails you not. Or perhaps that you will not fail it."
Cleaver

@TheAwesoMew
10/8 Exploration

Quote:

36319252_350.png

whirr, click, whirr, clang...
A growing mechanical orchestra signaled the arrival of strange creature. It moved with rhythmic prediction. Its limbs were stiff, rising and falling as though they were motivated by pistons and rods. Thick, rusty smoke emitted from the joints of its claws, wrists and ankles as it progressed towards the shore.

Its trajectory adjusted when it noticed KIliac's presence. Its pace hurried along, and as it did the sound of grinding metal overrode its continuous whirr, click, whirr, clang...

In its quest to reach the other, a series of pipes that ribbed its left side burst and an array of colorful substances began to ooze forth, trailing down its side and painting its steps.

When it finally stopped the rusted smoke continued to rise from its limbs. It threw its head back and parted its stiff metallic jaws, issuing a voice without motion:

"W-w-water... Magic... water. Magic water what h-h-holds the color of the e-e-elements..."

The pipes spurted and sludge piled onto the ground.

Red Sludge x2 Green Sludge x2 Yellow Sludge x2 Orange Sludge x2 Blue Sludge x2 Purple Sludge x2
@DisastrousAbsol (@aeternumxvale your NPC has been discovered!) 10/8 Exploration [center][size=7][color=red][b]!NEW NPC ENCOUNTER![/b][/color][/size] [quote = Basselt] [center] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=33143168] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/331432/33143168_350.png[/img] [/url] [/center] [b]Name:[/b] Basselt [b]Location:[/b] Abiding Boneyard, when you're lost and beginning to despair [b]Lore:[/b] After hours of wandering the featureless expanse, you think you see a dragon in the distance. A female Wildclaw, by the looks of it, though so encased in fabric that you cannot make out her face. You rush towards her, eager to see a living face. But as you approach, she does not move, and fear begins to bloom in your chest that you have not, in fact, found a living dragon; and worse, that her fate is one you will soon share. As your draw near, however, she looks to you and shakes her head. When she speaks, her voice is hoarse and muffled. "Be wary, stranger. These lands belong to the Plaguebringer, and every inch of it is infested." She looks you up and down, and ignores any further questions. After a few awkward minutes, she nods her head, apparently deciding something. The Wildclaw begins unwinding her protective gear, revealing the brown eyes of an Earth dragon. You wonder how she came to be here, and why she stayed. She holds the heavy bundle out to you, eyes wild and wary. You cautiously accept, and look at the book she hands you: a medical text dealing with infections and poisons. You flick through it, but the ailments described are foreign to you. "Take this, take this," she mutters. "It is already too late for me. Protect yourselves, and leave this place. Do not touch anything with your bare hands. Do not eat anything that grows here or drink the foul water. It is too late for me..." [b]Gifts:[/b] [item=studious healer's reference][item=highland scavenger][item=dusty sage cover][item=well-to-do sable spats][item=well-to-do sable gloves] [/quote][/center]
@DisastrousAbsol (@aeternumxvale your NPC has been discovered!)
10/8 Exploration
!NEW NPC ENCOUNTER!
Basselt wrote:
Name: Basselt

Location: Abiding Boneyard, when you're lost and beginning to despair

Lore: After hours of wandering the featureless expanse, you think you see a dragon in the distance. A female Wildclaw, by the looks of it, though so encased in fabric that you cannot make out her face. You rush towards her, eager to see a living face. But as you approach, she does not move, and fear begins to bloom in your chest that you have not, in fact, found a living dragon; and worse, that her fate is one you will soon share.

As your draw near, however, she looks to you and shakes her head. When she speaks, her voice is hoarse and muffled. "Be wary, stranger. These lands belong to the Plaguebringer, and every inch of it is infested." She looks you up and down, and ignores any further questions. After a few awkward minutes, she nods her head, apparently deciding something. The Wildclaw begins unwinding her protective gear, revealing the brown eyes of an Earth dragon. You wonder how she came to be here, and why she stayed. She holds the heavy bundle out to you, eyes wild and wary. You cautiously accept, and look at the book she hands you: a medical text dealing with infections and poisons. You flick through it, but the ailments described are foreign to you.

"Take this, take this," she mutters. "It is already too late for me. Protect yourselves, and leave this place. Do not touch anything with your bare hands. Do not eat anything that grows here or drink the foul water. It is too late for me..."

Gifts:
Studious Healer's Reference Highland Scavenger Dusty Sage Cover Well-to-do Sable Spats Well-to-do Sable Gloves
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 144 145