Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [RoR] Explore the Scarred Wasteland 2019
1 2 ... 71 72 73 74 75 ... 144 145
@BottledLightning
I see your blue tech marker on the Rotrock! The icon in your most recent post was green. Sorry for any confusion.

@SilverQuark
Happy to help! Give a shout if you need it moved again.

Explorations noted to *here*

I will be doing mysterious dragon encounters here soon and hope to wrap up with all grants today by around 22:00 ST, at the latest.
@BottledLightning
I see your blue tech marker on the Rotrock! The icon in your most recent post was green. Sorry for any confusion.

@SilverQuark
Happy to help! Give a shout if you need it moved again.

Explorations noted to *here*

I will be doing mysterious dragon encounters here soon and hope to wrap up with all grants today by around 22:00 ST, at the latest.
32392442p.png66416996p.png83684589p.png75459369p.png78722162p.png70636041p.png64470764p.png
@aurallene (@ghostlyplants your NPC has been found!) 10/22 Exploration: [quote][center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=54840086][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/548401/54840086_350.png[/img][/url][/center] Bubonic smiled at the visitor, he knew they would be coming, as his 'friend' told him so. "Hello there, pet. So, nice to see you, for you see, I have something for you, after all, you've come all this way to see me!~" Bubonic barked out a laugh, a cold and chilling smile on his face. "Haven't you?" [center][item=orange goo]x10[/center][/quote]
@aurallene (@ghostlyplants your NPC has been found!)
10/22 Exploration:
Quote:
54840086_350.png

Bubonic smiled at the visitor, he knew they would be coming, as his 'friend' told him so.

"Hello there, pet. So, nice to see you, for you see, I have something for you, after all, you've come all this way to see me!~" Bubonic barked out a laugh, a cold and chilling smile on his face.

"Haven't you?"
Orange Goo x10
32392442p.png66416996p.png83684589p.png75459369p.png78722162p.png70636041p.png64470764p.png
@PijukVonGacy (@SwiftIsHere your NPC has been found!) 10/22 Exploration [color=red][b]THIS NPC'S DROPS WILL BE AWARDED BY @3IDOLON FROM THE MAIN ITEM POOL[/b][/color] [quote] [center] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=54297305] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/542974/54297305_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Archive[/b][/center] [b]Location:[/b] The Rotrock Rim [b]Quote:[/b] At the very foot of the Rim sits a Coatl, intently sorting through a large pile of scrolls and papers around her. Your first instinct is to keep your distance, wary of her dull colors, but before you can, she looks up and spots you. Her wings, previously buried in the mound of loose paper, lift up in surprise, sending sheets flying and displaying their... unusual decorations. There's a moment of silence where she studies you, and then she speaks suddenly - "Quite impressive, you know, to have made it this far. You're here for the festival, I assume?" She nods without waiting for a response, and continues, "That's what I'm here for, too. Scribing down events, picking up some writings from all the travelers. I'm getting a little overfull, to be honest - wait! You like gifts, don't you?" Again, she doesn't wait for you to say anything, only picking up a pile of neatly rolled scrolls and shoving them towards you. "Here! Gift! Lot of knowledge in there, but I've got it all copied already - take it! I'm sure you can find some use for it." You sort through the items, curious. Among the dull history and poetry, you find a few more valuable items, and look up in surprise. The Coatl simply nods, saying, "wouldn't be much of a gift if it wasn't anything good!" Seemingly satisfied with the interaction, she goes back to sorting her things. [b]Items:[/b] [item=Historical Text]x20 [item=Long Form Poetry]x20 [item=Tertiary Gene: Spines] [item=Tertiary Gene: Thylacine] [/quote]
@PijukVonGacy (@SwiftIsHere your NPC has been found!)
10/22 Exploration

THIS NPC'S DROPS WILL BE AWARDED BY @3IDOLON FROM THE MAIN ITEM POOL
Quote:

54297305_350.png

Archive

Quote:
At the very foot of the Rim sits a Coatl, intently sorting through a large pile of scrolls and papers around her. Your first instinct is to keep your distance, wary of her dull colors, but before you can, she looks up and spots you. Her wings, previously buried in the mound of loose paper, lift up in surprise, sending sheets flying and displaying their... unusual decorations.

There's a moment of silence where she studies you, and then she speaks suddenly - "Quite impressive, you know, to have made it this far. You're here for the festival, I assume?" She nods without waiting for a response, and continues, "That's what I'm here for, too. Scribing down events, picking up some writings from all the travelers. I'm getting a little overfull, to be honest - wait! You like gifts, don't you?" Again, she doesn't wait for you to say anything, only picking up a pile of neatly rolled scrolls and shoving them towards you. "Here! Gift! Lot of knowledge in there, but I've got it all copied already - take it! I'm sure you can find some use for it."

You sort through the items, curious. Among the dull history and poetry, you find a few more valuable items, and look up in surprise. The Coatl simply nods, saying, "wouldn't be much of a gift if it wasn't anything good!" Seemingly satisfied with the interaction, she goes back to sorting her things.

Items:
Historical Text x20 Long Form Poetry x20 Tertiary Gene: Spines Tertiary Gene: Thylacine

@Vinyamar (@Snootbooper your NPC has been found!) 10/22 Exploration [quote][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/509532/50953157_350.png[/img] [b]Lucifer, Rotrock Rim[/b] You thought you heard something cry out in pain. It was brief, but you were sure that you heard something. Against your better judgement you decide to go see if was someone in need of some help. Along the faded old trail large amounts of rotting corpses and bones of monsters lay strewn on and off the path. You grew unease as a parts and corpses became more condensed when you happen to stumble a mirror laying motionless infront of a cave. Running over to dragon on the ground it's obvious that they're dead. Deep gashes on their side, fang marks decorated its neck. The most desturbing that you noticed quickly is that this dragon is missing a hind leg, and then you hear it, clattering of bones from the cave. Before your eyes another mirror slinked out of cave, crimson liquid dripped from it's mouth while serpantine eyes focused on you. "Another challenger?" he hissed, quickly shaking your head no, the strange mirror seemed to relax abit and took a seat a foot away. "Then move along traveller, you are not welcomed into home." He looked down to the dead dragon, "but you can take whatever you find on them, trinkets mean nothing to me and only clutters my space." Unsettled by his warning you did take what you found on the dead dragons' body. Hey they won't be needing it anymore..right? You've aquired: [item=Scythe Kamaitachi] [item=Windwalker's Arctic Bags] [item=Peacekeeping vest][/quote]
@Vinyamar (@Snootbooper your NPC has been found!)
10/22 Exploration

Quote:
50953157_350.png
Lucifer, Rotrock Rim

You thought you heard something cry out in pain. It was brief, but you were sure that you heard something. Against your better judgement you decide to go see if was someone in need of some help. Along the faded old trail large amounts of rotting corpses and bones of monsters lay strewn on and off the path. You grew unease as a parts and corpses became more condensed when you happen to stumble a mirror laying motionless infront of a cave. Running over to dragon on the ground it's obvious that they're dead. Deep gashes on their side, fang marks decorated its neck. The most desturbing that you noticed quickly is that this dragon is missing a hind leg, and then you hear it, clattering of bones from the cave. Before your eyes another mirror slinked out of cave, crimson liquid dripped from it's mouth while serpantine eyes focused on you.

"Another challenger?" he hissed, quickly shaking your head no, the strange mirror seemed to relax abit and took a seat a foot away. "Then move along traveller, you are not welcomed into home." He looked down to the dead dragon, "but you can take whatever you find on them, trinkets mean nothing to me and only clutters my space." Unsettled by his warning you did take what you found on the dead dragons' body. Hey they won't be needing it anymore..right?

You've aquired: Scythe Kamaitachi Windwalker's Arctic Bags Peacekeeping Vest
@brokenstone (@Errai your NPC has been found!) 10/22 Exploration [quote] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=54069185] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/540692/54069185_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] “Hey, stranger! Fancy seeing a fresh face out here! How’re you doing?” the Ridgeback asks, all fake smiles and nimble claws. You can feel your pockets growing lighter, and when you shoot a glare at the thief he smiles and laughs. “It’s not often I’m caught in the act. You must be pretty observant! Here, take this. It only feels fair,” the Ridgeback holds out a clawfull of gold, with three gems perched precariously on top of the small pile. [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/icon_treasure.png[/img]10000 and [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/icon_gems.png[/img] 3g[/center] [/quote]
@brokenstone (@Errai your NPC has been found!)
10/22 Exploration
Quote:

“Hey, stranger! Fancy seeing a fresh face out here! How’re you doing?” the Ridgeback asks, all fake smiles and nimble claws. You can feel your pockets growing lighter, and when you shoot a glare at the thief he smiles and laughs.
“It’s not often I’m caught in the act. You must be pretty observant! Here, take this. It only feels fair,” the Ridgeback holds out a clawfull of gold, with three gems perched precariously on top of the small pile.
icon_treasure.png10000 and icon_gems.png 3g
@Crim (@SommerBee your NPC has been found! Also, come explore the wasteland again! :3) 10/22 Exploration [quote] [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40874380][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/408744/40874380_350.png[/img][/url][/center] As you round yet another massive, incomprehensible rock formation, you come upon a small crater in the landscape. In the very center, a small dragon is rummaging in the dirt, muttering to himself. "Ugh...slippery little things...I need to hire someone to do this crud for me..." He abruptly turns, slapping the ground with his claws in pursuit of a very small and very fast lizard that makes its escape down a hole in the dirt. The dragon curses and pounds the ground. The sudden movement results in a tinkling noise, coming from somewhere under his scarlet cloak. By the time he notices you, his eyes are already narrowed in frustration. You two stare at each other in silence for a few moments, unsure of how to proceed. Finally, the Fae huffs out a sigh and cocks his head in your direction. "What do you want," he snaps. Before you can answer, he gives another agitated sigh and starts rummaging around in his cloak. He scurries over to you and slips you a few glass bottles full of some kind of brightly colored fluid. "Listen, I don't know you, I don't know what you're here for, but you never saw me today, alright?" He shoves the bottles into your hand, and takes flight, raising a small cloud of earth behind him. [center][item=purple goo][item=purple ooze][item=blue sludge][item=white slime]x2[item=gold muck]x2[/center] [/quote]
@Crim (@SommerBee your NPC has been found! Also, come explore the wasteland again! :3)
10/22 Exploration

Quote:
40874380_350.png

As you round yet another massive, incomprehensible rock formation, you come upon a small crater in the landscape. In the very center, a small dragon is rummaging in the dirt, muttering to himself.

"Ugh...slippery little things...I need to hire someone to do this crud for me..."

He abruptly turns, slapping the ground with his claws in pursuit of a very small and very fast lizard that makes its escape down a hole in the dirt. The dragon curses and pounds the ground. The sudden movement results in a tinkling noise, coming from somewhere under his scarlet cloak. By the time he notices you, his eyes are already narrowed in frustration.

You two stare at each other in silence for a few moments, unsure of how to proceed. Finally, the Fae huffs out a sigh and cocks his head in your direction. "What do you want," he snaps.

Before you can answer, he gives another agitated sigh and starts rummaging around in his cloak. He scurries over to you and slips you a few glass bottles full of some kind of brightly colored fluid.
"Listen, I don't know you, I don't know what you're here for, but you never saw me today, alright?"

He shoves the bottles into your hand, and takes flight, raising a small cloud of earth behind him.
Purple Goo Purple Ooze Blue Sludge White Slime x2 Gold Muck x2

That's all the NPCs discovered so far today~ standard grants to follow after an intermission. Thank you!
That's all the NPCs discovered so far today~ standard grants to follow after an intermission. Thank you!
@wordstarter2010 ~ re: here

Corwin studied the Imperial (or the Imperial-looking being) carefully. She saw the way the sunlight glinted off her scales, her shimmering mane. And that longing, so deep it nearly made the earth sing.

"One born from Paradise is irrevocably bound to it," she said at last. "Longing is the trail you follow. May you find Paradise, young one -- and may it last longer than mine ever did."

And then she looked at Lethe. Something the Gaoler had said jangled in her brain. "Resources. Yes. Certainly you will find those here. Wasteland it may be, but even a wasteland is generous, if one is patient with it." She turned, spreading her wings as if to embrace the horizon.

"This place is far removed from mine, in form as well as in spirit. I cannot tarry long, for my quarry is ever on the move. She knows that I have come searching for her on this plane. I will resume my journey soon, but before that, is there aught you wish to say? My knowledge of this plane is incomplete, but if you will it, I will answer." She tipped her head in acknowledgment of their strange, shared natures, and added, "One wanderer to another."

@yeezy13 ~ re:here

Corwin reached out, smoothed out the note with an onyx claw. She read it and nodded to herself.

"Luck, indeed," she rumbled. "Would that we could all have just a little more luck..."

She had learned the hard way that sometimes honor is insufficient. Luck, fickle as it was, did have its gifts sometimes.

She picked up the garment that had been left for her. A red rose, the classic symbol of love, blooming in the desert. Artificial, lifeless...

"But blooming, nonetheless," she told herself. Perhaps it would bring her luck, in time.
@wordstarter2010 ~ re: here

Corwin studied the Imperial (or the Imperial-looking being) carefully. She saw the way the sunlight glinted off her scales, her shimmering mane. And that longing, so deep it nearly made the earth sing.

"One born from Paradise is irrevocably bound to it," she said at last. "Longing is the trail you follow. May you find Paradise, young one -- and may it last longer than mine ever did."

And then she looked at Lethe. Something the Gaoler had said jangled in her brain. "Resources. Yes. Certainly you will find those here. Wasteland it may be, but even a wasteland is generous, if one is patient with it." She turned, spreading her wings as if to embrace the horizon.

"This place is far removed from mine, in form as well as in spirit. I cannot tarry long, for my quarry is ever on the move. She knows that I have come searching for her on this plane. I will resume my journey soon, but before that, is there aught you wish to say? My knowledge of this plane is incomplete, but if you will it, I will answer." She tipped her head in acknowledgment of their strange, shared natures, and added, "One wanderer to another."

@yeezy13 ~ re:here

Corwin reached out, smoothed out the note with an onyx claw. She read it and nodded to herself.

"Luck, indeed," she rumbled. "Would that we could all have just a little more luck..."

She had learned the hard way that sometimes honor is insufficient. Luck, fickle as it was, did have its gifts sometimes.

She picked up the garment that had been left for her. A red rose, the classic symbol of love, blooming in the desert. Artificial, lifeless...

"But blooming, nonetheless," she told herself. Perhaps it would bring her luck, in time.
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
@Chaosarceus (/Nines) re this post

Why hello Nines, lovely to meet you... yes, it's been a really interesting journey so far, with locals and travellers alike being quite generous - look at these shiny goggles I was given to protect my eyes before I head down into the Wyrmwound!

I've been getting quite nostalgic, visiting my home territory, but it's a weird sort of nostalgia, cos everything is kinda familiar, but I've forgotten so much too!

Anyway, I've lingered a bit too long here today and I must head on down into the crater... good luck in your travels!!
@Chaosarceus (/Nines) re this post

Why hello Nines, lovely to meet you... yes, it's been a really interesting journey so far, with locals and travellers alike being quite generous - look at these shiny goggles I was given to protect my eyes before I head down into the Wyrmwound!

I've been getting quite nostalgic, visiting my home territory, but it's a weird sort of nostalgia, cos everything is kinda familiar, but I've forgotten so much too!

Anyway, I've lingered a bit too long here today and I must head on down into the crater... good luck in your travels!!
Ink wash brush-style art of three red and gold Wildclaws performing a dragon dance with a green Auraboa puppet, with text for Nature's Year of the Wood Dragon push. D9tBovl.png w8o0xW1.png
@3idolon @sylvain @Antigen [img]https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/e/2PACX-1vS7cxs45DoLxfI77aGZRFUdX05AcX62_iHu14aLIS5MEWvHYQVbzGXCeBFWxrR8w4sPlpD4II4dP-bt/pub?w=960&.png[/img] [b]My explorer is[/b]: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=46122379] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/461224/46122379.png[/img] [/url] [b]My map marker is[/b]:[emoji=heart size=1] [b]I am searching for[/b]: Food (meat) (or whatever) [i]Optional for RPers[/i]: [b]I will be moving my map marker again today for the purpose of RP[/b]: No [b]My RP post[/b]: Well, oops. Mandrake is running far behind schedule, but is not complaining too much - he's had some lovely encounters with some other travellers, just dropping in to say hi, or to provide some apparel to help guide and protect him on his way - check out the lanterns and goggles!! As he heads closer to the Wyrmwound, he's glad for that extra gear, although... looking at his supplies, he thinks maybe he needs to stock up on some food...
@3idolon @sylvain @Antigen
pub?w=960&.png

My explorer is:

46122379.png

My map marker is:
I am searching for: Food (meat) (or whatever)

Optional for RPers:
I will be moving my map marker again today for the purpose of RP: No
My RP post: Well, oops. Mandrake is running far behind schedule, but is not complaining too much - he's had some lovely encounters with some other travellers, just dropping in to say hi, or to provide some apparel to help guide and protect him on his way - check out the lanterns and goggles!!

As he heads closer to the Wyrmwound, he's glad for that extra gear, although... looking at his supplies, he thinks maybe he needs to stock up on some food...
Ink wash brush-style art of three red and gold Wildclaws performing a dragon dance with a green Auraboa puppet, with text for Nature's Year of the Wood Dragon push. D9tBovl.png w8o0xW1.png
1 2 ... 71 72 73 74 75 ... 144 145