Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [RoR] Explore the Scarred Wasteland 2019
1 2 ... 62 63 64 65 66 ... 144 145
@Antigen (Aww, thanks! It's really fun writing stuff here. And thank you for your hard work hosting!)
@Antigen (Aww, thanks! It's really fun writing stuff here. And thank you for your hard work hosting!)
Jacqueline525SpaceOrchid.png
@Antigen (pinging for doll storyline)
@BoggyMcBogface
Relieved to see she hadn't unintentionally offended her new friend, Lyr smiled. "Yes, it's quite a large cave since we have to expand every now and then to accomodate new dragons. There's no shortage of cliffs to excavate in the Icefield after all! Our clan leader made sure to start building in an area that boasts natural hot springs so myself and others who aren't Ice-born don't freeze to death." She laughed nervously at the morbid implications.

"Some of your clan live underground? That sounds really interesting!" Lyr paused for a moment to step carefully over a particularly large root. "I couldn't even fathom doing that, the ground is much to solid in the Icefield. Is there a particular species of dragon that prefers living underground more than others?"

"I don't mind at all! Mine is not a difficult tale to tell," Lyr responded to Ripple's question about her past. "I'm actually a member of an Arcane subspecies called Starseekers. For every Starseeker there is a star in the night sky that belongs just to us, gifted by the Arcanist." She smiled fondly. "Ever since I was little I've been wanting to find my star. It's impossible to see every star at once, you know? I knew that I would have to travel if I wanted to have any hope of finding it."

Lyr continued with a faraway look on her face. "Becoming a messenger was the best decision I've ever made. Of all the places I've travelled, the Icefield is my favourite. The auroras there are one of the most spectacular things you'll ever see in your whole life, and the night sky is so unpolluted and wide. I was glad to find a clan to call home there so I could experience that for the rest of my life."

Brushing past a natural curtain of moss hanging in the entrance to another passage, Lyr smelled something different in the air... They might be quite close to their destination now. She held the curtain up for Ripple to pass under as well. "Do you travel much outside of festivals? Have you visited the Icefield before? I'd be glad to show you around someday if you haven't."

(good gosh I wrote a lot, feel free to talk some more about Ripple, I didn't mean to take over the whole convo like that,,)
@Antigen (pinging for doll storyline)
@BoggyMcBogface
Relieved to see she hadn't unintentionally offended her new friend, Lyr smiled. "Yes, it's quite a large cave since we have to expand every now and then to accomodate new dragons. There's no shortage of cliffs to excavate in the Icefield after all! Our clan leader made sure to start building in an area that boasts natural hot springs so myself and others who aren't Ice-born don't freeze to death." She laughed nervously at the morbid implications.

"Some of your clan live underground? That sounds really interesting!" Lyr paused for a moment to step carefully over a particularly large root. "I couldn't even fathom doing that, the ground is much to solid in the Icefield. Is there a particular species of dragon that prefers living underground more than others?"

"I don't mind at all! Mine is not a difficult tale to tell," Lyr responded to Ripple's question about her past. "I'm actually a member of an Arcane subspecies called Starseekers. For every Starseeker there is a star in the night sky that belongs just to us, gifted by the Arcanist." She smiled fondly. "Ever since I was little I've been wanting to find my star. It's impossible to see every star at once, you know? I knew that I would have to travel if I wanted to have any hope of finding it."

Lyr continued with a faraway look on her face. "Becoming a messenger was the best decision I've ever made. Of all the places I've travelled, the Icefield is my favourite. The auroras there are one of the most spectacular things you'll ever see in your whole life, and the night sky is so unpolluted and wide. I was glad to find a clan to call home there so I could experience that for the rest of my life."

Brushing past a natural curtain of moss hanging in the entrance to another passage, Lyr smelled something different in the air... They might be quite close to their destination now. She held the curtain up for Ripple to pass under as well. "Do you travel much outside of festivals? Have you visited the Icefield before? I'd be glad to show you around someday if you haven't."

(good gosh I wrote a lot, feel free to talk some more about Ripple, I didn't mean to take over the whole convo like that,,)
n2Yio0g.png
@3idolon @sylvain @Antigen [img]https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/e/2PACX-1vS7cxs45DoLxfI77aGZRFUdX05AcX62_iHu14aLIS5MEWvHYQVbzGXCeBFWxrR8w4sPlpD4II4dP-bt/pub?w=960&.png[/img] [b]My explorer is[/b]: [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55979499][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/559795/55979499.png[/img][/url] [b]My map marker is[/b]: [emoji=familiar heart size=1] [b]I am searching for[/b]: Apparel
@3idolon @sylvain @Antigen
pub?w=960&.png
My explorer is:
55979499.png
My map marker is:
I am searching for: Apparel
@3idolon @sylvain @Antigen [img]https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/e/2PACX-1vS7cxs45DoLxfI77aGZRFUdX05AcX62_iHu14aLIS5MEWvHYQVbzGXCeBFWxrR8w4sPlpD4II4dP-bt/pub?w=960&.png[/img] [b]My explorer is[/b]: [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2761257/4#post_40869744]Corwin[/url] [b]My map marker is[/b]: [emoji=gloom tile] [b]I am searching for[/b]: Food (I/M/S/P) [i]Optional for RPers[/i]: [b]I will be moving my map marker again today for the purpose of RP[/b]: No [b]My RP post[/b]: Corwin soon left the shade of the petrified pillars. There was a slightly odd structure some distance to the west, and she decided to take a closer look. As she drew nearer, she saw that it was a vast ribcage sticking out of the ground. Dragon, monster, or something else entirely? She couldn't be sure. The bones were old, and they were pitted and cracked from where the sun had seared them -- or where enterprising scavengers had gnawed on them. That reminded Corwin: It was time she replenished herself, too. Now that she was away from the ocean, her substance was growing thin again. She pawed at the earth, searching not necessarily for flesh and blood, but for other things. Stray magic, perhaps, that had killed this creature. Spells lingering from funeral rites. Enchantments, sorcery...[i]energy[/i].
pub?w=960&.png

My explorer is: Corwin
My map marker is:
I am searching for: Food (I/M/S/P)

Optional for RPers:
I will be moving my map marker again today for the purpose of RP: No
My RP post: Corwin soon left the shade of the petrified pillars. There was a slightly odd structure some distance to the west, and she decided to take a closer look.

As she drew nearer, she saw that it was a vast ribcage sticking out of the ground. Dragon, monster, or something else entirely? She couldn't be sure. The bones were old, and they were pitted and cracked from where the sun had seared them -- or where enterprising scavengers had gnawed on them.

That reminded Corwin: It was time she replenished herself, too. Now that she was away from the ocean, her substance was growing thin again. She pawed at the earth, searching not necessarily for flesh and blood, but for other things. Stray magic, perhaps, that had killed this creature. Spells lingering from funeral rites. Enchantments, sorcery...energy.
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
@Chaosarceus

"The preservation process? I have to be honest: I barely pay attention to that, it's a bit too technical for me" she wails her tail in excitement. Talking about them makes her miss them already, but in the good way. She's already looking forward meeting them again. "It's done by an arcane dragon, but I know he relies on some elemental stones to add up the elemental magic he can't address. I think it has something to do with ice and nature. It's kinda like using magic to pretend it's alive for a while? A bit weird, but it works"

She's sure trying her best to remember, but Aetherian is too technical and it's sometimes hard to follow. When he talks about the whole process of alchemy, she tends to doze off. Probably she should try to pay attention next time? Probably Nines would have appreciated it!

"Yes, it's nice it's this flat, although some landmarks would be better. Anyways... Huh, by the way, if you head northwest, you may find a trail left by something. I'm not a hunter so I can't tell, but there were remains of some species that I think don't belong in here? It's either they were brought or there's something around. I didn't look dangerous though"
@Chaosarceus

"The preservation process? I have to be honest: I barely pay attention to that, it's a bit too technical for me" she wails her tail in excitement. Talking about them makes her miss them already, but in the good way. She's already looking forward meeting them again. "It's done by an arcane dragon, but I know he relies on some elemental stones to add up the elemental magic he can't address. I think it has something to do with ice and nature. It's kinda like using magic to pretend it's alive for a while? A bit weird, but it works"

She's sure trying her best to remember, but Aetherian is too technical and it's sometimes hard to follow. When he talks about the whole process of alchemy, she tends to doze off. Probably she should try to pay attention next time? Probably Nines would have appreciated it!

"Yes, it's nice it's this flat, although some landmarks would be better. Anyways... Huh, by the way, if you head northwest, you may find a trail left by something. I'm not a hunter so I can't tell, but there were remains of some species that I think don't belong in here? It's either they were brought or there's something around. I didn't look dangerous though"
gxI7g1F.png
@3idolon @sylvain @Antigen [img]https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/e/2PACX-1vS7cxs45DoLxfI77aGZRFUdX05AcX62_iHu14aLIS5MEWvHYQVbzGXCeBFWxrR8w4sPlpD4II4dP-bt/pub?w=960&.png[/img] [b]My explorer is[/b]: Lethe & Elysium [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55294086] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/552941/55294086.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55269992][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/552700/55269992.png[/img][/url] [b]My map marker is[/b]: [emoji=candle size=1] [b]I am searching for[/b]: Apparel/Other [i]Optional for RPers[/i]: [b]I will be moving my map marker again today for the purpose of RP[/b]: Maybe [b]My RP post[/b]: The silver-blue light flitted alternately ahead of them, then about their heads, then fell behind and shot forward again to repeat the cycle. Elysium watched it with a fascination approaching hunger. Lethe tossed her head as it buzzed around her mane. "Get— Damn—" She batted at the light. "Stupid—" The capricious little thing shot out ahead of them. Elysium stared after it. "Hey... Kid, don't—" Lethe stopped. She squinted at where the guide had flown off. "Silhouette," she whispered, dropping her voice into a low growl. "Kid. Look sharp—" Elysium was already thirty yards ahead of her, fast behind the guide and the unsteady outline of the Guardian it was approaching. @Disillusionist (hi corwin)
pub?w=960&.png

My explorer is: Lethe & Elysium

55294086.png
55269992.png
My map marker is:
I am searching for: Apparel/Other

Optional for RPers:
I will be moving my map marker again today for the purpose of RP: Maybe
My RP post:

The silver-blue light flitted alternately ahead of them, then about their heads, then fell behind and shot forward again to repeat the cycle. Elysium watched it with a fascination approaching hunger.

Lethe tossed her head as it buzzed around her mane.

"Get— Damn—" She batted at the light. "Stupid—"

The capricious little thing shot out ahead of them. Elysium stared after it.

"Hey... Kid, don't—" Lethe stopped.

She squinted at where the guide had flown off.

"Silhouette," she whispered, dropping her voice into a low growl. "Kid. Look sharp—"

Elysium was already thirty yards ahead of her, fast behind the guide and the unsteady outline of the Guardian it was approaching.

@Disillusionist (hi corwin)
7T89c9S.gif
@wordstarter2010 (Oooh, your dergs have pretty lore! [emoji=coatl laughing] Hallo~) [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=29764440] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/297645/29764440_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] A disturbance in the air...Corwin looked up. She had ample time to study the dragons bearing down on her, for they were still some ways off. There was...something odd about them. Spirit, dragon? She couldn't be sure what they were, and she'd learned it was best not to draw conclusions too early. "Your guide seems rather excitable," she droned to the two strangers. "Greetings, children of Earth and Water. You are strangers to this land, just as I am. And..." A thrum, deep in the others' hearts. "You, too, are searching," she realized, and underneath her crown, her fiery eyes blazed. She craned her neck forward expectantly, wondering what the two travelers had in mind. The beat of hearts was easy enough to understand; Corwin had watched over many hearts before. The language of the mind, however -- that remained difficult for her to grasp.
@wordstarter2010 (Oooh, your dergs have pretty lore! Hallo~) A disturbance in the air...Corwin looked up. She had ample time to study the dragons bearing down on her, for they were still some ways off. There was...something odd about them. Spirit, dragon? She couldn't be sure what they were, and she'd learned it was best not to draw conclusions too early.

"Your guide seems rather excitable," she droned to the two strangers. "Greetings, children of Earth and Water. You are strangers to this land, just as I am. And..."

A thrum, deep in the others' hearts. "You, too, are searching," she realized, and underneath her crown, her fiery eyes blazed. She craned her neck forward expectantly, wondering what the two travelers had in mind. The beat of hearts was easy enough to understand; Corwin had watched over many hearts before. The language of the mind, however -- that remained difficult for her to grasp.
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
@3idolon [b]Dragon exploring the Scarred Wasteland[/b]: ToLastTheNight (nickname Alright) [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=29412807] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/294129/29412807_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]My chosen map marker is[/b]: [emoji=unicorn size=1] [b]A brief introduction of my dragon explorer[/b]: Pastimes include tilting his head cutely while his rotclaw scratches it for him, staring vacantly into the distance, and wandering off in various directions. But he never gets lost because his rotclaw always points the way home. His nickname is Alright, because when people meet him they usually ask "Are you alright?" To which he always replies, "Yes, I believe I am." [b]I am open to RP interaction[/b]: Yes @3idolon @sylvain @Antigen [img]https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/e/2PACX-1vS7cxs45DoLxfI77aGZRFUdX05AcX62_iHu14aLIS5MEWvHYQVbzGXCeBFWxrR8w4sPlpD4II4dP-bt/pub?w=960&.png[/img] [b]My explorer is[/b]: ToLastTheNight [b]My map marker is[/b]: [emoji=unicorn size=1] [b]I am searching for[/b]: Anything [i]Optional for RPers[/i]: [b]I will be moving my map marker again today for the purpose of RP[/b]: No [b]My RP post[/b]: ToLastTheNight's journey had taken him south from the Shattered Plain. It was not the first time, but being a Tundra, he never remembered the previous times, so to him, it was all new. He edged up to the sheer cliff face, the sea eating away at the rock much like the Wandering Contagion ate at the Scarred Wasteland ToLastTheNight could see in the near distance. The pulsating claw on his shoulder pulled itself free from his scarf, tapping him lightly on the cheek to get his attention. When he looked, the claw turned, pointing toward the peninsula connecting it's Plague homelands and the Tundra's birthplace of Earth. The purple Tundra gave the rotclaw a quick lick in thanks, and continued on his journey, entering the Wastelands once more as the claw snuggled back inside it's cloak, it's tip resting over the Tundra's heart.
@3idolon
Dragon exploring the Scarred Wasteland: ToLastTheNight (nickname Alright)

29412807_350.png

My chosen map marker is:
A brief introduction of my dragon explorer:
Pastimes include tilting his head cutely while his rotclaw scratches it for him, staring vacantly into the distance, and wandering off in various directions. But he never gets lost because his rotclaw always points the way home.

His nickname is Alright, because when people meet him they usually ask "Are you alright?" To which he always replies, "Yes, I believe I am."

I am open to RP interaction: Yes

pub?w=960&.png

My explorer is: ToLastTheNight
My map marker is:
I am searching for: Anything

Optional for RPers:
My RP post:

ToLastTheNight's journey had taken him south from the Shattered Plain. It was not the first time, but being a Tundra, he never remembered the previous times, so to him, it was all new. He edged up to the sheer cliff face, the sea eating away at the rock much like the Wandering Contagion ate at the Scarred Wasteland ToLastTheNight could see in the near distance.

The pulsating claw on his shoulder pulled itself free from his scarf, tapping him lightly on the cheek to get his attention. When he looked, the claw turned, pointing toward the peninsula connecting it's Plague homelands and the Tundra's birthplace of Earth.

The purple Tundra gave the rotclaw a quick lick in thanks, and continued on his journey, entering the Wastelands once more as the claw snuggled back inside it's cloak, it's tip resting over the Tundra's heart.
oRU0xsF.png
@3idolon @sylvain @Antigen [img]https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/e/2PACX-1vS7cxs45DoLxfI77aGZRFUdX05AcX62_iHu14aLIS5MEWvHYQVbzGXCeBFWxrR8w4sPlpD4II4dP-bt/pub?w=960&.png[/img] [b]My explorer is[/b]: [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2761257/16#post_40906050][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/551257/55125636_350.png[/img][/url] [b]My map marker is[/b]: [emoji=skull size=1] [b]I am searching for[/b]: Apparel/Other [i]Optional for RPers[/i]: [b]I will be moving my map marker again today for the purpose of RP[/b]: No [b]My RP post[/b]: [indent]After some pretty enduring search Wyrm found a couple of places where he found snack and fresh(ish) water. Both tasted awful, but didn't cause any more harm to Wyrm. Dragon even considered staying there, but fresh memories about unfortunate fall drove him away from such thought. Finally the spiral gathered enough strengh to climb the Wyrmwound's slope and by evening he got over its edge. Not sure where to go now, he was just resting there and enjoying a much fresher air.
pub?w=960&.png

My explorer is: 55125636_350.png
My map marker is:
I am searching for: Apparel/Other

Optional for RPers:
My RP post:
After some pretty enduring search Wyrm found a couple of places where he found snack and fresh(ish) water. Both tasted awful, but didn't cause any more harm to Wyrm. Dragon even considered staying there, but fresh memories about unfortunate fall drove him away from such thought.
Finally the spiral gathered enough strengh to climb the Wyrmwound's slope and by evening he got over its edge. Not sure where to go now, he was just resting there and enjoying a much fresher air.

Dark
i'm in mess
i'm a mess
picture of a cropped in-game sprite of a pink and gray spiral dragon with the darkest dream written over the picture, and linked to said dragon
@TheDeathseer

Meira followed his steps, trotting to keep up with the big guardian.

"I'm here to listen if you wish to talk" she says. He seems a bit burdened she thinks. Maybe he could use a friend and she would like the company while walking further into this place. "I'm pretty sure the Reedcleft Ascent looks beautiful" she trails off, just in case he doesn't want to talk about the other topic.
@TheDeathseer

Meira followed his steps, trotting to keep up with the big guardian.

"I'm here to listen if you wish to talk" she says. He seems a bit burdened she thinks. Maybe he could use a friend and she would like the company while walking further into this place. "I'm pretty sure the Reedcleft Ascent looks beautiful" she trails off, just in case he doesn't want to talk about the other topic.
gxI7g1F.png
1 2 ... 62 63 64 65 66 ... 144 145