Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [RoR] Explore the Scarred Wasteland 2019
1 2 ... 63 64 65 66 67 ... 144 145
Very quickly dropping by to award some prizes :) @PrincePotatoes [quote] Is that some delicious, delicious carcass? Unfortunately, when Coyote gets closer, it turns out to just be a mask left behind by some playful Plague hatchling. [item=Paper Mirror Masque] [/quote] @BottledLightning [quote]Gilda comes across a tidy cache of food. It doesn't seem to belong to anyone, but the food is still edible. [item=Snowfall Elk Ear]x50[/quote] @Cathatt [quote]The denizens of the Wasteland have some interesting ideas about accessorizing, it seems. [item=Brown Birdskull Headdress][item=Brown Birdskull Wingpiece][/quote] @Helvella [quote]A dragon flies past in the sky and drops something right onto Helvella. Strange, they have somewhat similar colours. [item=Copper Steampunk Tail Bauble][/quote] @PijukVonGacy [quote]The last thing anyone would expect to find in a place like the Scarred Wasteland, probably. How did it get here?! [item=Bubbly Buddy]x10[/quote]
Very quickly dropping by to award some prizes :)

@PrincePotatoes
Quote:
Is that some delicious, delicious carcass? Unfortunately, when Coyote gets closer, it turns out to just be a mask left behind by some playful Plague hatchling.
Paper Mirror Masque

@BottledLightning
Quote:
Gilda comes across a tidy cache of food. It doesn't seem to belong to anyone, but the food is still edible.
Snowfall Elk Ear x50

@Cathatt
Quote:
The denizens of the Wasteland have some interesting ideas about accessorizing, it seems.
Brown Birdskull Headdress Brown Birdskull Wingpiece

@Helvella
Quote:
A dragon flies past in the sky and drops something right onto Helvella. Strange, they have somewhat similar colours.
Copper Steampunk Tail Bauble

@PijukVonGacy
Quote:
The last thing anyone would expect to find in a place like the Scarred Wasteland, probably. How did it get here?!

Bubbly Buddy x10
lohf4Mo.png
@Disillusionist (thank you!)

Lethe groaned. "Not more of this cr—"

"You aren't from here," Elysium said, looking almost past the metal tines that caged the Guardian's eyes.

"'Course they aren't from here; they haven't got red eye—"

"You aren't from here," Elysium said.

The glowing guide bobbed in the gap between them.
@Disillusionist (thank you!)

Lethe groaned. "Not more of this cr—"

"You aren't from here," Elysium said, looking almost past the metal tines that caged the Guardian's eyes.

"'Course they aren't from here; they haven't got red eye—"

"You aren't from here," Elysium said.

The glowing guide bobbed in the gap between them.
7T89c9S.gif
@3ildolon [b]Dragon exploring the Scarred Wasteland[/b]: linaria! [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=42835075] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/428351/42835075_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]My chosen map marker is[/b]: [emoji=planet size=1] [b]A brief introduction of my dragon explorer[/b]: Big, gentle giant that enjoys a good laugh and generally gets along well with others. Doesn't tend to fight unless absolutely necessary, and loves making friends with both other dragons and the other creatures that inhabit Sornieth. [b]I am open to RP interaction[/b]: yes! [i]Optional for RPers[/i] [b]Personality of your dragon explorer[/b]: Linaria is a kind but humorous dragon. She has a penchant for exploring and a laid-back personality; most thing roll off of her with an amused smile and a soft snort. She is difficult to irritate, but if pushed won't hesitate to communicate calmly and bluntly. She enjoys befriending others and wil lgo out of her way to seek interaction and [s]prank[/s] help those around her. [b]Things other people should know before interacting with my explorer[/b]: she will probs try to prank you, and finds the annoyed responses to said pranks equally amusing as the pranks themselves.
@3ildolon
Dragon exploring the Scarred Wasteland: linaria!

42835075_350.png

My chosen map marker is:
A brief introduction of my dragon explorer: Big, gentle giant that enjoys a good laugh and generally gets along well with others. Doesn't tend to fight unless absolutely necessary, and loves making friends with both other dragons and the other creatures that inhabit Sornieth.
I am open to RP interaction: yes!

Optional for RPers
Personality of your dragon explorer: Linaria is a kind but humorous dragon. She has a penchant for exploring and a laid-back personality; most thing roll off of her with an amused smile and a soft snort. She is difficult to irritate, but if pushed won't hesitate to communicate calmly and bluntly. She enjoys befriending others and wil lgo out of her way to seek interaction and prank help those around her.
Things other people should know before interacting with my explorer: she will probs try to prank you, and finds the annoyed responses to said pranks equally amusing as the pranks themselves.
ticket-4.gif
@3idolon @sylvain @Antigen [img]https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/e/2PACX-1vS7cxs45DoLxfI77aGZRFUdX05AcX62_iHu14aLIS5MEWvHYQVbzGXCeBFWxrR8w4sPlpD4II4dP-bt/pub?w=960&.png[/img] [b]My explorer is[/b]: linaria [b]My map marker is[/b]: [emoji=planet size=1] [b]I am searching for[/b]: apparel (she wants a new hat) [i]Optional for RPers[/i]: [b]I will be moving my map marker again today for the purpose of RP[/b]: no [b]My RP post[/b]: The orange Bogsneak stepped through the swamp, head fins rippling as she surveyed the land around her. She sniffed at the bones littering the ground, half buried in the mud, and finding nothing interesting, continued plodding forward. Spotting a rose-adorned Pearlcatcher, she brightened. "Hello," she rumbled cheerfully as she approached, her bright flank [i]conspicuously[/i] out of place in the darkness of the Scarred Wasteland.
@3idolon @sylvain @Antigen
pub?w=960&.png

My explorer is: linaria
My map marker is:
I am searching for: apparel (she wants a new hat)

Optional for RPers:
I will be moving my map marker again today for the purpose of RP: no
My RP post:

The orange Bogsneak stepped through the swamp, head fins rippling as she surveyed the land around her. She sniffed at the bones littering the ground, half buried in the mud, and finding nothing interesting, continued plodding forward. Spotting a rose-adorned Pearlcatcher, she brightened.
"Hello," she rumbled cheerfully as she approached, her bright flank conspicuously out of place in the darkness of the Scarred Wasteland.
ticket-4.gif
@3idolon @sylvain @Antigen [img]https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/e/2PACX-1vS7cxs45DoLxfI77aGZRFUdX05AcX62_iHu14aLIS5MEWvHYQVbzGXCeBFWxrR8w4sPlpD4II4dP-bt/pub?w=960&.png[/img] [b]My explorer is[/b]: [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49500081] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/495001/49500081_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]My map marker is[/b]: [emoji=crescent moon 2 size=1] [b]I am searching for[/b]: Food (M/S)/Apparel [i]Optional for RPers[/i]: [b]I will be moving my map marker again today for the purpose of RP[/b]: No @Autopsy [b]My RP post[/b]: Another day of searching the Plaguelands for any signs of.. this old relic that the Church was looking for. Callum squints his eyes against the harsh sunlight, nose picking up a scent of another dragon among the cloyingly bitter scent of death and rot. He scans the horizon, finally seeing the unmistakably thick coat of a tundra, its coat still carrying large amounts of ice and frost. [i]Perhaps a local of the Ice clans?[/i] he mutters to himself. He questions the safety of his impending decision and decides why not, much to the chagrin of Meow (the cat) who hisses in worry. Bounding up to the tundra, leaving a good 15 strides between them, he tips his hat in greeting, making sure to keep his claws where the other could see him. [i]Hello there stranger. What brings you to the Plaguelands today?[/i]
pub?w=960&.png

My explorer is:

49500081_350.png

My map marker is:
I am searching for: Food (M/S)/Apparel

Optional for RPers:
I will be moving my map marker again today for the purpose of RP: No

@Autopsy
My RP post: Another day of searching the Plaguelands for any signs of.. this old relic that the Church was looking for. Callum squints his eyes against the harsh sunlight, nose picking up a scent of another dragon among the cloyingly bitter scent of death and rot.

He scans the horizon, finally seeing the unmistakably thick coat of a tundra, its coat still carrying large amounts of ice and frost.

Perhaps a local of the Ice clans? he mutters to himself.

He questions the safety of his impending decision and decides why not, much to the chagrin of Meow (the cat) who hisses in worry. Bounding up to the tundra, leaving a good 15 strides between them, he tips his hat in greeting, making sure to keep his claws where the other could see him.

Hello there stranger. What brings you to the Plaguelands today?
mty1nS3.gif
EVK4e3k.gifXF5EGor.gif7KVKeKl.gifCSL44D6.gif
More gifts! @Shihana [quote] The Wasteland is full of strange things. Maybe one of Meira's tales will be about the unsettling chest she found one day. ... Are those bones?! [item=Bonebound Chest] [/quote] @TheDeathseer [quote] Strange phenomena abound here. If you stare at them too long, you risk getting a bit confused. [item=Vial of Hypnotic Sight] [/quote] @Vinyamar [quote]The good news is that Doon finds food. The bad news is, it's not meat, just pretty creepy. [item=Deepsea Yawner]x10[/quote] @Goldia [quote]Protect your eyes, Mandrake! Looking into the Wyrmwound can be risky. [item=Bronze Steampunk Goggles][item=Bronze Steampunk Scarf][/quote] @Wylin [quote]This close to the Wyrmwound, it's a good idea to pay attention and watch your step. [item=Intense Attention][/quote]
More gifts!

@Shihana
Quote:
The Wasteland is full of strange things. Maybe one of Meira's tales will be about the unsettling chest she found one day. ... Are those bones?!
Bonebound Chest

@TheDeathseer
Quote:
Strange phenomena abound here. If you stare at them too long, you risk getting a bit confused.
Vial of Hypnotic Sight

@Vinyamar
Quote:
The good news is that Doon finds food. The bad news is, it's not meat, just pretty creepy.
Deepsea Yawner x10

@Goldia
Quote:
Protect your eyes, Mandrake! Looking into the Wyrmwound can be risky.
Bronze Steampunk Goggles Bronze Steampunk Scarf

@Wylin
Quote:
This close to the Wyrmwound, it's a good idea to pay attention and watch your step.
Intense Attention
lohf4Mo.png
One final round of gifts before I'm done for the evening. @Joywing [quote] When Iblis takes a look at the materials she scavenged, she'll find... [item=Red Sludge][item=Copper Muck][item=Yellow Sludge]x2 [/quote] @Crim [quote] Among the many lost things in the Wasteland, Lyr finds some fine handicrafts. [item=Rasa Pottery Fragment]x10 [/quote] @Lacuria [quote]Maybe it's a bad omen, maybe it's a good omen, but the things Wrenc finds are both related to birds. [item=Blue Birdskull Necklace][item=Sapphire Tail Feathers][/quote] @wordstarter2010 [quote]This must be a sign of good luck, in wearable form! [item=Lucky Woodbrace][/quote] @Disillusionist [quote]Corwin didn't find food, but among those strange remains, she found something even stranger: [item=Sharpened Scythe]x10 [/quote] edited to fix item name
One final round of gifts before I'm done for the evening.

@Joywing
Quote:
When Iblis takes a look at the materials she scavenged, she'll find...
Red Sludge Copper Muck Yellow Sludge x2

@Crim
Quote:
Among the many lost things in the Wasteland, Lyr finds some fine handicrafts.
Rasa Pottery Fragment x10

@Lacuria
Quote:
Maybe it's a bad omen, maybe it's a good omen, but the things Wrenc finds are both related to birds.
Blue Birdskull Necklace Sapphire Tail Feathers

@wordstarter2010
Quote:
This must be a sign of good luck, in wearable form!
Lucky Woodbrace

@Disillusionist
Quote:
Corwin didn't find food, but among those strange remains, she found something even stranger:
Sharpened Scythe x10

edited to fix item name
lohf4Mo.png
Omg. Thank you @BoggyMcBogface! [emoji=bogsneak love size=2]
Omg. Thank you @BoggyMcBogface!
32392442p.png66416996p.png83684589p.png75459369p.png78722162p.png70636041p.png64470764p.png
FULL DISCLOSURE: I'm volunteering to help distribute prizes and keep track of them. I've been cleared to keep playing, as long as I don't handle my own prizes and exploring results. @3idolon @sylvain @Antigen [img]https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/e/2PACX-1vS7cxs45DoLxfI77aGZRFUdX05AcX62_iHu14aLIS5MEWvHYQVbzGXCeBFWxrR8w4sPlpD4II4dP-bt/pub?w=960&.png[/img] [b]My explorer is[/b]: Ripple [b]My map marker is[/b]: [emoji=treefrog size=1] [b]I am searching for[/b]: Food (any) [i]Optional for RPers[/i]: [b]I will be moving my map marker again today for the purpose of RP[/b]: Yes [b]My RP post[/b]: @Joywing Ripple heard something in the underbrush and turned around a split second before the Gaoler started speaking. She'd never seen many Gaolers and didn't know much about them, but it was hard to deny they looked impressive and solemn to her. "Hello, ah, yes. I'm an explorer. I've heard this was a good time of the year to explore the Wasteland, so I figured, why not? Why keep putting it off? It seems like I wasn't the only one who had the same idea, I've seen a few other dragons so far." She beat her wings quickly in amusement. "What about you? Are you very far from home?" @Crim Ripple nodded attentively while she hard her new friend. "The Icefield must be so cold, it makes me shiver just to think about it. It must be an interesting place to explore, though, right? I'd imagine there probably isn't a lot of choice of where to live, with the frozen ground and everything. Well," she stopped to think for a moment, "I couldn't live underground myself, but our local Snapper lives undeground and almost never emerges. And some of the Bogsneaks seem to burrow by the swamp, but they're truly a mystery to me." "You have your own star? That's amazing!" Ripple's voice was full of genuine wonder. "It must be so nice to have a star that belongs to you, and you alone. That's so lucky. Is that how you got these... comets? "I've never been to the Icefield, but I'm sure I'd love it. It sounds so beautiful!" She spins around in the air, excited at the thought of seeing the aurora one day. "I don't usually travel for festivals, just whenever the mood strikes. I guess you can say I'm a free spirit like that. It's just so incredible to me that Sorneith has so many places and they're so different from each other. I'm sure this is very different from the Icefield, for example." Ripple pauses and tries to hear the dolls' footsteps. No luck, but she's certain they're headed in the right direction. "I think we're almost there, but we're probably early. We do move faster than they do, with their tiny legs and all." (No worries, that's great! I'm sorry I'm not writing much, I'm still pretty tired.) @Chaosarceus "Very true. Even here, where everything looks so dangerous, there are friendly dragons, and it's very comforting to know that. How did you end up here? I suppose it's dangerous, but I heard this was a good time of the year to explore." Ripple puffed her tiny chest. "Of course, I'm not afraid. I'm sure I could hold my own against Plague too, what with being a Light dragon. My mother always said I had a very good immune system." She watched the squiggles he's drawing, and wonders if they mean anything. "Tell me about it! I wouldn't want to be very large while being a scout. It really helps if you're small and quick... not just so you can run, but so you can hide. They never know what hit 'em!" (I love science facts so it's all good!)
FULL DISCLOSURE: I'm volunteering to help distribute prizes and keep track of them. I've been cleared to keep playing, as long as I don't handle my own prizes and exploring results.

pub?w=960&.png

My explorer is: Ripple
My map marker is:
I am searching for: Food (any)

Optional for RPers:
I will be moving my map marker again today for the purpose of RP: Yes
My RP post:

@Joywing

Ripple heard something in the underbrush and turned around a split second before the Gaoler started speaking. She'd never seen many Gaolers and didn't know much about them, but it was hard to deny they looked impressive and solemn to her.

"Hello, ah, yes. I'm an explorer. I've heard this was a good time of the year to explore the Wasteland, so I figured, why not? Why keep putting it off? It seems like I wasn't the only one who had the same idea, I've seen a few other dragons so far." She beat her wings quickly in amusement. "What about you? Are you very far from home?"

@Crim

Ripple nodded attentively while she hard her new friend.

"The Icefield must be so cold, it makes me shiver just to think about it. It must be an interesting place to explore, though, right? I'd imagine there probably isn't a lot of choice of where to live, with the frozen ground and everything. Well," she stopped to think for a moment, "I couldn't live underground myself, but our local Snapper lives undeground and almost never emerges. And some of the Bogsneaks seem to burrow by the swamp, but they're truly a mystery to me."

"You have your own star? That's amazing!" Ripple's voice was full of genuine wonder. "It must be so nice to have a star that belongs to you, and you alone. That's so lucky. Is that how you got these... comets?

"I've never been to the Icefield, but I'm sure I'd love it. It sounds so beautiful!" She spins around in the air, excited at the thought of seeing the aurora one day. "I don't usually travel for festivals, just whenever the mood strikes. I guess you can say I'm a free spirit like that. It's just so incredible to me that Sorneith has so many places and they're so different from each other. I'm sure this is very different from the Icefield, for example."

Ripple pauses and tries to hear the dolls' footsteps. No luck, but she's certain they're headed in the right direction. "I think we're almost there, but we're probably early. We do move faster than they do, with their tiny legs and all."

(No worries, that's great! I'm sorry I'm not writing much, I'm still pretty tired.)

@Chaosarceus

"Very true. Even here, where everything looks so dangerous, there are friendly dragons, and it's very comforting to know that. How did you end up here? I suppose it's dangerous, but I heard this was a good time of the year to explore." Ripple puffed her tiny chest. "Of course, I'm not afraid. I'm sure I could hold my own against Plague too, what with being a Light dragon. My mother always said I had a very good immune system."

She watched the squiggles he's drawing, and wonders if they mean anything.

"Tell me about it! I wouldn't want to be very large while being a scout. It really helps if you're small and quick... not just so you can run, but so you can hide. They never know what hit 'em!"

(I love science facts so it's all good!)

lohf4Mo.png
@Shihana

Diamond turns to his new friend. "Yes, it is beautiful," he comments. "Everything is well at home, but it once never was."
He thinks for a while, and continues, "Hmmm. If I get to know you a little more, maybe I will speak about my past. What do you say?"
@Shihana

Diamond turns to his new friend. "Yes, it is beautiful," he comments. "Everything is well at home, but it once never was."
He thinks for a while, and continues, "Hmmm. If I get to know you a little more, maybe I will speak about my past. What do you say?"
PphCb2h.png0KJLkHj.pngqFbe5lO.png
1 2 ... 63 64 65 66 67 ... 144 145