Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | The Bloodwing Legacy {War + Locke}{PG+}
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13
Alright so I'm currently in school so I'm going to pop this in here as a reminder of my Pinkerlocke task for today and work on my matches as I can. I'll put a ping in for the lore post. [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/food/3020.png[/img]
Alright so I'm currently in school so I'm going to pop this in here as a reminder of my Pinkerlocke task for today and work on my matches as I can. I'll put a ping in for the lore post.

3020.png
16454.png mlHpBMC.png
gTTW2gA.png
mYEe9VI.png
NlmYDAS.png
qhK4FYS.png

16453.png
Oof this took me a while to get done. Things kept coming up. Here's the entry for my seafood drop! I'll go grab today's drop and do a second write up hhh @fenshae, @TruthandLies, @Karrikut, @Jaspernoir, @MysteryGyn [quote=Mutant] “Baroke! You better explain yourself RIGHT NOW!” Ferro growled, following Baroke to the room the spiral had tried to escape too. It was an old nesting room. Shells lay in the empty nest where Baroke tossed his things, they appeared to be years old. Baroke’s ears pinned back as Ferro ordered the explaination, the spiral spinning around and turning on the wildclaw. “Do you know how hard it is for me to come back here? Do you think I want to drag us through here where we could possibly die?” Baroke growled. “It’s better if we forget I’m an outlaw of this land altogether. Worrying about it will only hinder us.” Ferro glared, certainly unsatisfied with the answer. “Tell me anyways!” He retorted back at the spiral. “I’d like to know what I’m risking my life over, and Lai’s too!” Baroke took a deep breath. “Fine.” He snorted. “I-” Lai suddenly come running into the room, interrupting him. “Guys! We have a problem!” The screeching behind her validated her words. A writhing mass was attempting to make its way into the den. The smell of plague and death accompanied it. Baroke moved to pass Lairaihia, to see what was attacking, when the face of the creature peered into the opening to the room. They were trapped! The creature had a severely deformed face and a reddish black substance oozed from its mouth like drool. Small, writhing forms split from the mutant as it moved, screeching and crawling their way into the room. The dragons were able to dispatch the odd offspring rather quickly, but they kept splitting from the mutant creature like bacteria cells. Not to mention, as the small things attacked, the large mutant was trying to squeeze its way inside. “The explanation will have to wait!” Baroke growled, rending his claws through one of the mutant’s writhing little minions. “No sh-” Ferro began to say before having a mutantling jump up and attach itself to his face. “Gah you little son of a!” He snarled, ripping its sucking mouth with rows of tiny, needle like teeth, from his face before ripping it’s head off and throwing the carcass to the side. “Hang on!” Lairaihia said, the coatl approaching Ferro and lifting a hand to his face and whispering something. A flash of green illuminated his face for a moment and the wound was healed. With Ferro back in action, the trio continued fighting. They beat back wave after wave of the small, squirming mutants before finally reaching the final creature, the original growing tired. However, the creature still had plenty of fight left in it. It struck one of its pulsating, mutated limbs at the dragons, just barely missing them. “Lai, stay back unless we need ya! I’ll take left!” Ferro snarled. “Baroke, take the right!” Doing as Ferro said, Baroke launched himself to the side of the creature, tearing into with his claws. Due to his natural born resilience against the plague, he didn’t hesitate tearing into the creature with his teeth as well, shredding the flesh off. Ferro, on the other hand, was busy trying to tear into the creature only with his claws as to avoid the plague. He was able to do moderate damage with his sickle claws but otherwise hardly did much to damage the mutant. Lai, however, refused to wait until she was needed, and instead sent a Contuse right to the creature’s head. With a loud crack, the creature tensed up and went still. Lai, along with the other two dragons, watched the creature's body for a tense moment until they were sure its breathing had ceased. Baroke then quickly approached Lai. “Where did you learn that healing spell?” He asked. Lai produced a small book from one of her bags. Its cover was marred with clawmarks. Baroke took the book and rubbed a hand over it, getting a saddened and wistful look to his eyes. “I’ll explain everything tomorrow. Let’s just get this place cleaned out..” Was all he could say as dusk fell. [/quote] Battles Fought: 31 Baroke: Level 6 Ferroalas: Level 6 Lairaihia: Level 6
Oof this took me a while to get done. Things kept coming up. Here's the entry for my seafood drop! I'll go grab today's drop and do a second write up hhh

@fenshae, @TruthandLies, @Karrikut, @Jaspernoir, @MysteryGyn
Mutant wrote:
“Baroke! You better explain yourself RIGHT NOW!” Ferro growled, following Baroke to the room the spiral had tried to escape too.

It was an old nesting room. Shells lay in the empty nest where Baroke tossed his things, they appeared to be years old. Baroke’s ears pinned back as Ferro ordered the explaination, the spiral spinning around and turning on the wildclaw.

“Do you know how hard it is for me to come back here? Do you think I want to drag us through here where we could possibly die?” Baroke growled. “It’s better if we forget I’m an outlaw of this land altogether. Worrying about it will only hinder us.”

Ferro glared, certainly unsatisfied with the answer. “Tell me anyways!” He retorted back at the spiral. “I’d like to know what I’m risking my life over, and Lai’s too!”

Baroke took a deep breath. “Fine.” He snorted. “I-”

Lai suddenly come running into the room, interrupting him. “Guys! We have a problem!”

The screeching behind her validated her words. A writhing mass was attempting to make its way into the den. The smell of plague and death accompanied it. Baroke moved to pass Lairaihia, to see what was attacking, when the face of the creature peered into the opening to the room. They were trapped!

The creature had a severely deformed face and a reddish black substance oozed from its mouth like drool. Small, writhing forms split from the mutant as it moved, screeching and crawling their way into the room. The dragons were able to dispatch the odd offspring rather quickly, but they kept splitting from the mutant creature like bacteria cells. Not to mention, as the small things attacked, the large mutant was trying to squeeze its way inside.

“The explanation will have to wait!” Baroke growled, rending his claws through one of the mutant’s writhing little minions.

“No sh-” Ferro began to say before having a mutantling jump up and attach itself to his face. “Gah you little son of a!” He snarled, ripping its sucking mouth with rows of tiny, needle like teeth, from his face before ripping it’s head off and throwing the carcass to the side.

“Hang on!” Lairaihia said, the coatl approaching Ferro and lifting a hand to his face and whispering something. A flash of green illuminated his face for a moment and the wound was healed.
With Ferro back in action, the trio continued fighting. They beat back wave after wave of the small, squirming mutants before finally reaching the final creature, the original growing tired. However, the creature still had plenty of fight left in it. It struck one of its pulsating, mutated limbs at the dragons, just barely missing them.

“Lai, stay back unless we need ya! I’ll take left!” Ferro snarled. “Baroke, take the right!”

Doing as Ferro said, Baroke launched himself to the side of the creature, tearing into with his claws. Due to his natural born resilience against the plague, he didn’t hesitate tearing into the creature with his teeth as well, shredding the flesh off.

Ferro, on the other hand, was busy trying to tear into the creature only with his claws as to avoid the plague. He was able to do moderate damage with his sickle claws but otherwise hardly did much to damage the mutant.

Lai, however, refused to wait until she was needed, and instead sent a Contuse right to the creature’s head. With a loud crack, the creature tensed up and went still. Lai, along with the other two dragons, watched the creature's body for a tense moment until they were sure its breathing had ceased.

Baroke then quickly approached Lai. “Where did you learn that healing spell?” He asked.

Lai produced a small book from one of her bags. Its cover was marred with clawmarks.

Baroke took the book and rubbed a hand over it, getting a saddened and wistful look to his eyes.

“I’ll explain everything tomorrow. Let’s just get this place cleaned out..” Was all he could say as dusk fell.

Battles Fought: 31

Baroke: Level 6
Ferroalas: Level 6
Lairaihia: Level 6
16454.png mlHpBMC.png
gTTW2gA.png
mYEe9VI.png
NlmYDAS.png
qhK4FYS.png

16453.png
[img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/trinket/20121.png[/img] Lore time! Gonna take this opportunity to give some development to Aegis before I can get her eggs hatched! [quote=Enter Surdane]Aegis merely sat staring into the fire outside of her camp. Ever since those strange dragons had captured her parents, she had lived alone. She never talked to anyone except when she traded the lost baubles she had found in the woods for necessities she would occasionally need. She seemed to lack a personality. Now, the lone Spiral sat bundled in her mismatched robes and hood, watching the flames dance with an expressionless face. However, her head would quickly snap up when she saw movement out of the corner of her eye. Walking by was a lithe figure, too dark in the current light to see any distinguishing figures other than he was wearing a beat up old hat with a scarf and overcoat. “Who’s there?” Aegis demanded without much thought, very wary and not used to strangers. The other dragon came closer, and Aegis could see it was a skydancer… and an odd one at that. His face had the markings of a dark skull and his scales gave the appearance that he had no skin, even though the shine from the fire betrayed it was just how the pigment lay on him. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=42517526] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/425176/42517526_350.png[/img] [/url] “Surdane, at yer service, milady” The skydancer said with a sly smile. Aegis merely glared at him for a moment. “I never asked your service, stranger” she replied in a level voice. Surdane only scoffed. “Well, well, I see ya ain’t a kind one…” “My parents were kidnapped by strange dragons when I was young, do you expect me to be very welcoming?” Aegis retorted, pulling her hood up over her eyes. Surdane merely removed his hat and sat down by the spiral. “Do you need to get it off your chest?” He asked, honest concern in his voice. “Please feel free to tell a traveling skydancer anything.” He said, placing his hat on the ground and setting his head on it like a pillow as his red eyes gazed up at Aegis. Aegis sighed. “Fine… though it’s not a pretty story.” “Oh, if it has to do with yer parents getting nabbed, I’m sure it’s not, miss…” The Skydancer trailed off. “I never got yer name.” “I-It’s Aegis…” The spiral trailed off. “So Aegis, tell me everything.” So Aegis did, telling the bloody story of her mother practically leading her three sisters to death, and how pleased Shaneya was with her when she came out to be the “strongest.” Then how her parents were “arrested” by strangers, whom at this point Aegis only assumed it was members of the clan Shaneya reigned from. As she recounted the story, she realized that she didn’t know why everything had happened. Had their mother just wanted them to kill monsters in their territory or was their something more? Why hadn’t their father been there? What was even more, why had her parents been arrested and what had happened to them? Aegis buried her head in her hands and began to cry. The Skydancer merely silently wrapped his wing around Aegis’ shoulders. “Shhh, everything ‘ll be okay” Surdane whispered against her ear. “Maybe we might be able to find where ya parents are bein’ held?” He asked. “Where were they captured?” Aegis sighed. “A clearing not far from here, my hatchling-hood home was just on the other side.” Surdane nodded. “I’ll accompany ya there, if ya’d like?” He said. Aegis nodded, beginning to lean into his comfort. “It’d make me feel better, yes…” She admitted. Surdane grinned and closed his eyes, sprawling out in the grass with Aegis under his wing. ~~~~ The next morning, Aegis and Surdane had made their way to the old den that Aegis had lived in with her parents. Aegis sighed, looking in the abandoned hollow. “So which way did the captors come from?” Surdane asked. Aegis looked up at the trees. The had a path cut between them. “They came through there” She stated, pointing. “Hmm, Let’s go then. I’m sure ‘ll find something if we follow the path up.” He said, beginning to lead the way. Aegis followed him unsteadily. ~~~~ It wasn’t long until they came upon the bustling clan in the Starwood Strand. Aegis pulled her cowl far up her head to cover her face. Her eyes trailed dragons as they moved. A noisy fae, trying to sell something. A bright guardian flirting with a few ladies. And then, a streak of splash and purple in the copper armor she remembered from that day, so long ago. “S-Surdane.” She stammered out, freezing. “I-It’s that mirror I told you about…” She whispered motioning towards him quickly before burying her face in his shoulder out of fear. Surdane eyed the mirror before turning his head to a pearlcatcher that stood nearby. The pearlcatcher was a bright orange lad, standing by awkwardly. “Excuse me lad, where is yer prison? Me and my associate ‘ere are on a little inspection job, ordered by the big man ‘imself,” Surdane said, a blatant lie if anyone knew any better. “Uh, it’s over there. Venandi’s standing guard…” The pearlcatcher said, his voice unsure. “Thank ya son,” Surdane said, tipping his hat before wrapping his tail around Aegis and hurriedly guiding her over to the disheveled building the dragon pointed out, impossible to miss with the iron-clad imperial wrapped around it. “Halt.” The imperial said as they approached. “No one is allowed to enter without written permission from the queen.” “Yer queen?” Surdane asked. “Oh, I have something even better than that.” He retorted with a grin before taking a moment of digging inside his overcoat and producing a paper. He handed it to Venandi. As the dragoness inspected the paper, the color drained from her face. She shoved the paper back at Surdane. “I apologize, Sir, I wasn’t aware a servant of the Arcanist was coming to visit us. Please, feel free to inspect whatever you’d like. However, I’m afraid your companion will have to remain outside.” Aegis froze again at the words. She couldn’t be left out here, lest this dragon or the mirror recognize her! She grabbed Surdane’s arm. “No…” She whispered. “Ah, sorry but I can’t do that. She’s part of the official business, ya know? She writes things fer me, my handwriting’s terrible.” Surdane explained. Venandi huffed. “Rules are rules… You may have clearance, but she does not. She must remain outside. Besides, I’m sure you can tell her what to write when you come back out.” Surdane furrowed his brows. “No, no. She has to come in with me, or I will have to report to the Arcanist that my inspection was not allowed despite his executive order. Ya wouldn’t want that, would ya?” He argued. Venandi gulped. “Fine, fine! Get in there and out of my sight!” She snorted, turning away. Surdane merely grinned, opening the door to allow him and Aegis inside. When they entered, a few dragons in cells looked over, but then averted their eyes when they saw that Surdane and Aegis weren’t any of the guards. “H-How?” Aegis asked when Surdane closed the door. “Wh-what was that paper?” Surdane grinned. “A forgery. Why do ya think I’m a traveler? Can’t stay in one place for too long, they might catch onto me.” He laughed. “Now which one of these sorry lizards are yer mother?” “Aegis? Is that you?” A voice called from the darkness. Aegis turned to see her mother up against the bars of her cell, wrapped up in scraps of leather and having bloodied bandages applied to her wings. Aegis rushed over, tears welling in her eyes, reaching through the bars of the cell to hold onto Shaneya. “Mom!” Aegis cried. “It’s been so long… what happened to your wings? Where’s dad?” She asked. “Angmar happened to my wings.” Shaneya spat. “The bile-ridden creep came in here after my capture and shredded my wings, hoping I’d never fly again. They didn’t believe me when I reported it. As for your father, I don’t know what happened to him. He was called upon by the queen, and after that I haven’t seen him since….” She trailed off, obviously saddened by his absence. “We have to get you out of here! I can’t leave you here.” Shaneya said, grabbing the lock. “We?” Shaneya asked, then spotting Surdane. “I see, you needed help getting in here….” Surdane approached. “Surdane, at yer service” He greeted. “Alright, let’s get ya out of here.” “No! No, you can’t. It’ll make it too dangerous for you!” Shaneya hissed. She put a hand on Shaneya’s face. “Look, my mother is going to run this clan into the ground if I don’t do something to save it. She’s a weak fae, she doesn’t have the strength to lead this clan to prosperity. That’s why I left, why I settled down with Baroke, why I had you and your sisters,” Shaneya explained. “Wh-what? Th-the queen is your mother? My Grandmother?” Aegis asked. “Y’all are royalty?” Surdane asked, just as shocked. Shaneya nodded. “Yes, but Saphire needs overthrown. The clan is going to get nowhere with her lead. Listen Aegis, I want you to continue our lineage. Raise the next generation of the Bloodwings. Let only the strongest of your offspring become the heir and groom them to raise the generation after. It’ll be hard, but this is the only way to overthrow Saphire. We need an heir strong enough to take her down and become ruler. We can’t do this ourselves. It’ll be hard, but you need to set the rest of this plan in motion, understand?” Shaneya explained. Aegis swallowed hard. She knew now why her mother pitted her and her sisters against the monsters so long ago. She was testing them, and Aegis proved herself to be the strongest, the only one to pass the test. Aegis nodded slowly in understanding. “Take my armor.” Shaneya added. “It’s in that chest over there. I want it to be given to the one destined to overthrow Saphire.” Surdane was quick to be grabbing it, tucking it all under his coat or wearing it beneath the brown cloth. “They’ll never even know it’s gone.” “You should leave now. Please, Aegis, you’re the only hope now…” Aegis nodded, making her way for the exit, Surdane close behind. ~~~~ Aegis flopped down in her camp upon return. She had never run so fast. Surdane had insisted they bolt once they were outside the clan limits, lest the armor was discovered to be missing and they be too close nearby when it happened. Surdane had stored Shaneya’s armor in Aegis’s den before joining her on the ground outside. “So…” Surdane began. “Ya gotta have kids now, it seems” He stated awkwardly. Aegis began crying. “Yeah! Kids that I’m just going to have to let die to see which one comes out to be the strongest.” Surdane’s brow furrowed, and he couldn’t resist the urge to wrap Aegis up in his wings. “Hey, hey…. It’ll be okay…” He said, albeit knowing it probably wouldn’t be. Aegis just cried into the Skydancer’s chest, mumbling a few incoherent words as Surdane started to rock her to comfort her. “Surdane….” She eventually whimpered out. “St-stay with me?” Surdane sucked in a breath before replying, not having expected the question. “Y-Yeah…” He replied, hugging her to his body and resting his chin on her head. ~~~~~ It was only a few days before Aegis found herself wrapped around a full clutch of eggs, Surdane being their father. [img]http://flightrising.com/images/nests/9/5healthy_0dead.png[/img][/quote] RIP me for not having any lair space to hatch the next generation of Bloodwings.
20121.png

Lore time! Gonna take this opportunity to give some development to Aegis before I can get her eggs hatched!
Enter Surdane wrote:
Aegis merely sat staring into the fire outside of her camp. Ever since those strange dragons had captured her parents, she had lived alone. She never talked to anyone except when she traded the lost baubles she had found in the woods for necessities she would occasionally need. She seemed to lack a personality.

Now, the lone Spiral sat bundled in her mismatched robes and hood, watching the flames dance with an expressionless face. However, her head would quickly snap up when she saw movement out of the corner of her eye. Walking by was a lithe figure, too dark in the current light to see any distinguishing figures other than he was wearing a beat up old hat with a scarf and overcoat.

“Who’s there?” Aegis demanded without much thought, very wary and not used to strangers.

The other dragon came closer, and Aegis could see it was a skydancer… and an odd one at that. His face had the markings of a dark skull and his scales gave the appearance that he had no skin, even though the shine from the fire betrayed it was just how the pigment lay on him.

42517526_350.png

“Surdane, at yer service, milady” The skydancer said with a sly smile.

Aegis merely glared at him for a moment. “I never asked your service, stranger” she replied in a level voice.

Surdane only scoffed. “Well, well, I see ya ain’t a kind one…”

“My parents were kidnapped by strange dragons when I was young, do you expect me to be very welcoming?” Aegis retorted, pulling her hood up over her eyes.

Surdane merely removed his hat and sat down by the spiral. “Do you need to get it off your chest?” He asked, honest concern in his voice. “Please feel free to tell a traveling skydancer anything.” He said, placing his hat on the ground and setting his head on it like a pillow as his red eyes gazed up at Aegis.

Aegis sighed. “Fine… though it’s not a pretty story.”

“Oh, if it has to do with yer parents getting nabbed, I’m sure it’s not, miss…” The Skydancer trailed off. “I never got yer name.”

“I-It’s Aegis…” The spiral trailed off.

“So Aegis, tell me everything.”

So Aegis did, telling the bloody story of her mother practically leading her three sisters to death, and how pleased Shaneya was with her when she came out to be the “strongest.” Then how her parents were “arrested” by strangers, whom at this point Aegis only assumed it was members of the clan Shaneya reigned from. As she recounted the story, she realized that she didn’t know why everything had happened. Had their mother just wanted them to kill monsters in their territory or was their something more? Why hadn’t their father been there? What was even more, why had her parents been arrested and what had happened to them?

Aegis buried her head in her hands and began to cry. The Skydancer merely silently wrapped his wing around Aegis’ shoulders.

“Shhh, everything ‘ll be okay” Surdane whispered against her ear. “Maybe we might be able to find where ya parents are bein’ held?” He asked. “Where were they captured?”

Aegis sighed. “A clearing not far from here, my hatchling-hood home was just on the other side.”

Surdane nodded. “I’ll accompany ya there, if ya’d like?” He said.

Aegis nodded, beginning to lean into his comfort. “It’d make me feel better, yes…” She admitted.

Surdane grinned and closed his eyes, sprawling out in the grass with Aegis under his wing.
~~~~

The next morning, Aegis and Surdane had made their way to the old den that Aegis had lived in with her parents. Aegis sighed, looking in the abandoned hollow.

“So which way did the captors come from?” Surdane asked.

Aegis looked up at the trees. The had a path cut between them. “They came through there” She stated, pointing.

“Hmm, Let’s go then. I’m sure ‘ll find something if we follow the path up.” He said, beginning to lead the way.

Aegis followed him unsteadily.

~~~~

It wasn’t long until they came upon the bustling clan in the Starwood Strand. Aegis pulled her cowl far up her head to cover her face. Her eyes trailed dragons as they moved. A noisy fae, trying to sell something. A bright guardian flirting with a few ladies. And then, a streak of splash and purple in the copper armor she remembered from that day, so long ago.

“S-Surdane.” She stammered out, freezing. “I-It’s that mirror I told you about…” She whispered motioning towards him quickly before burying her face in his shoulder out of fear.

Surdane eyed the mirror before turning his head to a pearlcatcher that stood nearby. The pearlcatcher was a bright orange lad, standing by awkwardly.

“Excuse me lad, where is yer prison? Me and my associate ‘ere are on a little inspection job, ordered by the big man ‘imself,” Surdane said, a blatant lie if anyone knew any better.

“Uh, it’s over there. Venandi’s standing guard…” The pearlcatcher said, his voice unsure.

“Thank ya son,” Surdane said, tipping his hat before wrapping his tail around Aegis and hurriedly guiding her over to the disheveled building the dragon pointed out, impossible to miss with the iron-clad imperial wrapped around it.

“Halt.” The imperial said as they approached. “No one is allowed to enter without written permission from the queen.”

“Yer queen?” Surdane asked. “Oh, I have something even better than that.” He retorted with a grin before taking a moment of digging inside his overcoat and producing a paper. He handed it to Venandi.

As the dragoness inspected the paper, the color drained from her face. She shoved the paper back at Surdane. “I apologize, Sir, I wasn’t aware a servant of the Arcanist was coming to visit us. Please, feel free to inspect whatever you’d like. However, I’m afraid your companion will have to remain outside.”

Aegis froze again at the words. She couldn’t be left out here, lest this dragon or the mirror recognize her! She grabbed Surdane’s arm. “No…” She whispered.

“Ah, sorry but I can’t do that. She’s part of the official business, ya know? She writes things fer me, my handwriting’s terrible.” Surdane explained.

Venandi huffed. “Rules are rules… You may have clearance, but she does not. She must remain outside. Besides, I’m sure you can tell her what to write when you come back out.”

Surdane furrowed his brows. “No, no. She has to come in with me, or I will have to report to the Arcanist that my inspection was not allowed despite his executive order. Ya wouldn’t want that, would ya?” He argued.

Venandi gulped. “Fine, fine! Get in there and out of my sight!” She snorted, turning away.

Surdane merely grinned, opening the door to allow him and Aegis inside.

When they entered, a few dragons in cells looked over, but then averted their eyes when they saw that Surdane and Aegis weren’t any of the guards.

“H-How?” Aegis asked when Surdane closed the door. “Wh-what was that paper?”

Surdane grinned. “A forgery. Why do ya think I’m a traveler? Can’t stay in one place for too long, they might catch onto me.” He laughed. “Now which one of these sorry lizards are yer mother?”

“Aegis? Is that you?” A voice called from the darkness.

Aegis turned to see her mother up against the bars of her cell, wrapped up in scraps of leather and having bloodied bandages applied to her wings. Aegis rushed over, tears welling in her eyes, reaching through the bars of the cell to hold onto Shaneya.

“Mom!” Aegis cried. “It’s been so long… what happened to your wings? Where’s dad?” She asked.

“Angmar happened to my wings.” Shaneya spat. “The bile-ridden creep came in here after my capture and shredded my wings, hoping I’d never fly again. They didn’t believe me when I reported it. As for your father, I don’t know what happened to him. He was called upon by the queen, and after that I haven’t seen him since….” She trailed off, obviously saddened by his absence.

“We have to get you out of here! I can’t leave you here.” Shaneya said, grabbing the lock.

“We?” Shaneya asked, then spotting Surdane. “I see, you needed help getting in here….”

Surdane approached. “Surdane, at yer service” He greeted. “Alright, let’s get ya out of here.”

“No! No, you can’t. It’ll make it too dangerous for you!” Shaneya hissed. She put a hand on Shaneya’s face. “Look, my mother is going to run this clan into the ground if I don’t do something to save it. She’s a weak fae, she doesn’t have the strength to lead this clan to prosperity. That’s why I left, why I settled down with Baroke, why I had you and your sisters,” Shaneya explained.

“Wh-what? Th-the queen is your mother? My Grandmother?” Aegis asked.

“Y’all are royalty?” Surdane asked, just as shocked.

Shaneya nodded. “Yes, but Saphire needs overthrown. The clan is going to get nowhere with her lead. Listen Aegis, I want you to continue our lineage. Raise the next generation of the Bloodwings. Let only the strongest of your offspring become the heir and groom them to raise the generation after. It’ll be hard, but this is the only way to overthrow Saphire. We need an heir strong enough to take her down and become ruler. We can’t do this ourselves. It’ll be hard, but you need to set the rest of this plan in motion, understand?” Shaneya explained.

Aegis swallowed hard. She knew now why her mother pitted her and her sisters against the monsters so long ago. She was testing them, and Aegis proved herself to be the strongest, the only one to pass the test. Aegis nodded slowly in understanding.

“Take my armor.” Shaneya added. “It’s in that chest over there. I want it to be given to the one destined to overthrow Saphire.”

Surdane was quick to be grabbing it, tucking it all under his coat or wearing it beneath the brown cloth. “They’ll never even know it’s gone.”

“You should leave now. Please, Aegis, you’re the only hope now…”

Aegis nodded, making her way for the exit, Surdane close behind.

~~~~

Aegis flopped down in her camp upon return. She had never run so fast. Surdane had insisted they bolt once they were outside the clan limits, lest the armor was discovered to be missing and they be too close nearby when it happened. Surdane had stored Shaneya’s armor in Aegis’s den before joining her on the ground outside.

“So…” Surdane began. “Ya gotta have kids now, it seems” He stated awkwardly.

Aegis began crying. “Yeah! Kids that I’m just going to have to let die to see which one comes out to be the strongest.”

Surdane’s brow furrowed, and he couldn’t resist the urge to wrap Aegis up in his wings.

“Hey, hey…. It’ll be okay…” He said, albeit knowing it probably wouldn’t be.

Aegis just cried into the Skydancer’s chest, mumbling a few incoherent words as Surdane started to rock her to comfort her.

“Surdane….” She eventually whimpered out. “St-stay with me?”

Surdane sucked in a breath before replying, not having expected the question. “Y-Yeah…” He replied, hugging her to his body and resting his chin on her head.
~~~~~

It was only a few days before Aegis found herself wrapped around a full clutch of eggs, Surdane being their father.
5healthy_0dead.png

RIP me for not having any lair space to hatch the next generation of Bloodwings.
16454.png mlHpBMC.png
gTTW2gA.png
mYEe9VI.png
NlmYDAS.png
qhK4FYS.png

16453.png

ack, forgot the tag!

ack, forgot the tag!
16454.png mlHpBMC.png
gTTW2gA.png
mYEe9VI.png
NlmYDAS.png
qhK4FYS.png

16453.png
So many eggies! Fingers crossed for good outcomes :D
So many eggies! Fingers crossed for good outcomes :D
@SaphireKat this seems really interesting! I would love to be added to the pinglist please :D
@SaphireKat this seems really interesting! I would love to be added to the pinglist please :D
ho5M9.gif2IGO4.gifobKSC.gif
holy cow thats a lot of eggs XD and the story is really interesting too ovo I wish you luck with the next generation ;v;
holy cow thats a lot of eggs XD and the story is really interesting too ovo I wish you luck with the next generation ;v;

Founder of F.R.O.G.G

If it’s in my active purge tab, take them. I want them gone.
[img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/trinket/4367.png[/img] @fenshae, @TruthandLies, @Karrikut, @Jaspernoir, @MysteryGyn MORE STORY TIME! [quote=Against the Contagion] Baroke groaned as he woke up the next morning, tangled in himself in the nest he had slept in while he once lived in this lair turned campsite he called home at one time. He groaned as his spine cracked in several places. His nose picked up the scent of meat cooking and he groggily got up and staggered away from his nest after the smell. He was very much out of it since the night before, and he ached as he made his way to the main area of the lair. He hoped the fire that was being used to cook wasn't too large. When he made it into the main lair, he saw Lai poking at some embers, searing some meat she had probably pried from one of the creatures they had taken down on the way there. At least, that's what Baroke had hoped, and that it wasn't from that horrendous mutant creature they had killed. Ferro, however, had no interest in the prospective breakfast and was instead eating what appeared to be jerky that Lai had made back when they were in the Starwood Stand. Baroke just sighed. "Baroke, you're finally up! I made you something to eat!" Lai called happily, the coatl motioning to the meat she was cooking. Baroke flopped down by the fire and grabbed the seared meat, taking a few bites before Ferro made his way over. "You still have some explaining to do." The wildclaw grumbled. Baroke squeezed his eyes shut for a moment. All this would do was bring bad memories of his past back. He drew in a breath before opening his mouth to speak. "I was trying to find a cure for the plague..." He finally said. "The Plaguebringer somehow found out, and she obviously saw it a blasphemy and mutiny. I was labeled a traitor to the Scarred Wasteland, and was run out." He explained. "Why?" Lai asked, furrowing her brow. Baroke shuddered. "It was for Larianne...." He began. "She was a skydancer born in the Shrieking Wilds, and she somehow made her way here. She befriended me rather quickly, back when I was young and stupid." He said, voice beginning to quake. "We fell in love, but the contagion caught ahold of her. She wasn't ready for it, she didn't have the immune system or the resilience. I-I just wanted her to live.... I wanted to save her.... so I began to look for a cure to the plague, just for her." At this point tears began to well in his eyes. He may love Shaneya now, but Larianne still belonged in his heart as his first love. "And I found some things that worked, that prolonged her life, but then the mirrors came. A whole drove of them. They attacked, destroyed everything. Then they left, but one hissed that the Plaguebringer was coming for me. In the next few days, Lari died. I burried her, then left. This necklace was hers..." He mumbled, grabbing the medallion around his neck in one of his hands, rubbing his thumb across it. "I spent a few months wandering at the edges of the wasteland, in the Wandering Contagion, healing my broken heart before I became a hunter. Then I stumbled into the Starwood Strand and met Shaneya. She healed me in a dark place, persuaded me to aid her in her twisted plan. All that mattered is she gave me the love I needed...." Lai at this point was crying as well, moved by his story. The coatl ran up and hugged him. Ferro stood by, silent. The dragons did nothing more that day.[/quote]
4367.png

MORE STORY TIME!
Against the Contagion wrote:

Baroke groaned as he woke up the next morning, tangled in himself in the nest he had slept in while he once lived in this lair turned campsite he called home at one time.
He groaned as his spine cracked in several places. His nose picked up the scent of meat cooking and he groggily got up and staggered away from his nest after the smell. He was very much out of it since the night before, and he ached as he made his way to the main area of the lair. He hoped the fire that was being used to cook wasn't too large.

When he made it into the main lair, he saw Lai poking at some embers, searing some meat she had probably pried from one of the creatures they had taken down on the way there. At least, that's what Baroke had hoped, and that it wasn't from that horrendous mutant creature they had killed. Ferro, however, had no interest in the prospective breakfast and was instead eating what appeared to be jerky that Lai had made back when they were in the Starwood Stand. Baroke just sighed.

"Baroke, you're finally up! I made you something to eat!" Lai called happily, the coatl motioning to the meat she was cooking.

Baroke flopped down by the fire and grabbed the seared meat, taking a few bites before Ferro made his way over. "You still have some explaining to do." The wildclaw grumbled.

Baroke squeezed his eyes shut for a moment. All this would do was bring bad memories of his past back. He drew in a breath before opening his mouth to speak.

"I was trying to find a cure for the plague..." He finally said. "The Plaguebringer somehow found out, and she obviously saw it a blasphemy and mutiny. I was labeled a traitor to the Scarred Wasteland, and was run out." He explained.

"Why?" Lai asked, furrowing her brow.

Baroke shuddered. "It was for Larianne...." He began. "She was a skydancer born in the Shrieking Wilds, and she somehow made her way here. She befriended me rather quickly, back when I was young and stupid." He said, voice beginning to quake. "We fell in love, but the contagion caught ahold of her. She wasn't ready for it, she didn't have the immune system or the resilience. I-I just wanted her to live.... I wanted to save her.... so I began to look for a cure to the plague, just for her." At this point tears began to well in his eyes. He may love Shaneya now, but Larianne still belonged in his heart as his first love. "And I found some things that worked, that prolonged her life, but then the mirrors came. A whole drove of them. They attacked, destroyed everything. Then they left, but one hissed that the Plaguebringer was coming for me. In the next few days, Lari died. I burried her, then left. This necklace was hers..." He mumbled, grabbing the medallion around his neck in one of his hands, rubbing his thumb across it. "I spent a few months wandering at the edges of the wasteland, in the Wandering Contagion, healing my broken heart before I became a hunter. Then I stumbled into the Starwood Strand and met Shaneya. She healed me in a dark place, persuaded me to aid her in her twisted plan. All that mattered is she gave me the love I needed...."

Lai at this point was crying as well, moved by his story. The coatl ran up and hugged him. Ferro stood by, silent.

The dragons did nothing more that day.
16454.png mlHpBMC.png
gTTW2gA.png
mYEe9VI.png
NlmYDAS.png
qhK4FYS.png

16453.png
@SpaceSnake AH I missed your message, sure thing, I'll add you on!
@SpaceSnake AH I missed your message, sure thing, I'll add you on!
16454.png mlHpBMC.png
gTTW2gA.png
mYEe9VI.png
NlmYDAS.png
qhK4FYS.png

16453.png
@saphirekat

Can you take me off of the pinglist?
@saphirekat

Can you take me off of the pinglist?
?V8783=party.pngbB2Em.gifjsHaP.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13