@TruthandLies Yup
16454.png mlHpBMC.png
gTTW2gA.png
mYEe9VI.png
NlmYDAS.png
qhK4FYS.png

16453.png
*claps hands together and rubs them enthusiastically*

I'm going to have a tripple post marathon today. I was working on a drop from two days ago and started the thing for that which I need to finish, then I got a good drop yesterday heh. Today's drop was the same tier as yesterday's so I'm also going to use that as an excuse hatch Aegis' nest today! I'll ping once I'm done with everything.
*claps hands together and rubs them enthusiastically*

I'm going to have a tripple post marathon today. I was working on a drop from two days ago and started the thing for that which I need to finish, then I got a good drop yesterday heh. Today's drop was the same tier as yesterday's so I'm also going to use that as an excuse hatch Aegis' nest today! I'll ping once I'm done with everything.
16454.png mlHpBMC.png
gTTW2gA.png
mYEe9VI.png
NlmYDAS.png
qhK4FYS.png

16453.png
@fenshae, @Karrikut, @Jaspernoir, @MysteryGyn, @SpaceSnake RIP I couldn't get around to posting, the weekend got busy. ANYWAY I got an insect drop and didn't get around to fighting all of my battles. I got to 13 RIP. Anyways, I'll be moving on to the scorched forest. Hhh. Next, I got an apparel drop so here we gooooo [quote=The Clutch] Lai sat nestled in a small room, rubbing her brood of three gently with her wing. She couldn’t believe it had come this, but yet, the coatl wasn’t surprised. She was following a fugitive and a guard, after all, and it seemed she was all Ferro had to keep him sane despite his complaints about her near-constant cheerfulness. And somehow, they grew to have a relationship they had managed to hide from Baroke, built on long conversations in the night when their “prisoner” was asleep. And there was no doubt, when Baroke discovered this clutch, he would be furious. Lai and Ferro’s selfishness had essentially trapped them there until the eggs hatched and then the hatchlings that resulted would grow enough to be moved safely. Lai tore her gaze away from her eggs when Ferro squeezed his way into the room, sitting beside her. He gazed at her, brows furrowed. “Do you think they’re okay? Has the plague done anything to them?” The wildclaw asked, moving to curl around his new mate and her eggs. “I can’t tell.” Lai mumbled. The two sat in silence for a moment, Lai pressing against Ferro. “You know, we have to tell him sometime. Worst we could do is hide the eggs until they hatch. Baroke’s gonna flip if there’s noisy hatchlings running about suddenly.” Ferro grumbled, breaking the silence. Lai shuddered. “But what if we tell him and he smashes the eggs?” Lai whimpered. Ferro could only offer a sigh. He knew the thought of making Baroke mad frightened the coatl. She had told him two important things once that pertained directly to this situation; Lai wanted everyone to like her and felt awful whenever she was met with hate and adversity, and Lai had had two previous clutches but hadn’t gotten to raise the hatchlings from either of them. Ferro knew she was afraid of losing Baroke as a companion and losing her unborn hatchlings. “You know I wouldn’t let him do that…” Ferro said in an attempt to reassure Lai. Lai could only manage a nod, until Baroke’s voice suddenly rang out just outside the hollow. “Wouldn’t let me do what?” Baroke asked, poking his head in. His rot-colored eyes settled upon the eggs Lai had her wing laid upon. In that moment, all of the dragons froze until Baroke’s eyebrows began to crease and his lips drew back. “You….” He hissed. “Why?! You selfish lizards!” He spat. “Do you have any idea what you’ve done?! Now we’re trapped in this gods-forsaken lair!” “Baroke!” Ferro snarled. “Shut your trap! Fighting about this isn’t going to fix jack crap!” Baroke wrinkled his nose at the Wildclaw, growling before forcefully pushing himself out of the hollow and rushing off. Ferro muttered something under his breath before getting up and following the spiral out. Lai merely curled around her eggs, tears welling in her eyes.[/quote] So yeah, Lai and Ferro are gonna have three children. I'm going to give a summary of Aegis and Surdane's children because I don't have any lore rn hahaha First we have this boy: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=46996765] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/469968/46996765_350.png[/img] [/url] Two gene upgrades and very spooky. If he goes forth, no more basics! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=46996766] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/469968/46996766_350.png[/img] [/url] His sister, no upgrades. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=46996767] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/469968/46996767_350.png[/img] [/url] Another sister, primary upgrade but nothing else. Basic wings >-> [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=46996768] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/469968/46996768_350.png[/img] [/url] This boy got a secondary upgrade! Again, if this boy goes forth, no more basic! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=46996770] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/469968/46996770_350.png[/img] [/url] Finally, we have this girl who got a breed upgrade. Tbh not sure who to root for. I like the spoopy boy hhh. I just really don't want one of the spiral girls to advance oof.
@fenshae, @Karrikut, @Jaspernoir, @MysteryGyn, @SpaceSnake
RIP I couldn't get around to posting, the weekend got busy.

ANYWAY

I got an insect drop and didn't get around to fighting all of my battles. I got to 13 RIP. Anyways, I'll be moving on to the scorched forest. Hhh. Next, I got an apparel drop so here we gooooo
The Clutch wrote:
Lai sat nestled in a small room, rubbing her brood of three gently with her wing. She couldn’t believe it had come this, but yet, the coatl wasn’t surprised. She was following a fugitive and a guard, after all, and it seemed she was all Ferro had to keep him sane despite his complaints about her near-constant cheerfulness. And somehow, they grew to have a relationship they had managed to hide from Baroke, built on long conversations in the night when their “prisoner” was asleep. And there was no doubt, when Baroke discovered this clutch, he would be furious. Lai and Ferro’s selfishness had essentially trapped them there until the eggs hatched and then the hatchlings that resulted would grow enough to be moved safely.

Lai tore her gaze away from her eggs when Ferro squeezed his way into the room, sitting beside her. He gazed at her, brows furrowed.

“Do you think they’re okay? Has the plague done anything to them?” The wildclaw asked, moving to curl around his new mate and her eggs.

“I can’t tell.” Lai mumbled.

The two sat in silence for a moment, Lai pressing against Ferro.

“You know, we have to tell him sometime. Worst we could do is hide the eggs until they hatch. Baroke’s gonna flip if there’s noisy hatchlings running about suddenly.” Ferro grumbled, breaking the silence.

Lai shuddered. “But what if we tell him and he smashes the eggs?” Lai whimpered.

Ferro could only offer a sigh. He knew the thought of making Baroke mad frightened the coatl. She had told him two important things once that pertained directly to this situation; Lai wanted everyone to like her and felt awful whenever she was met with hate and adversity, and Lai had had two previous clutches but hadn’t gotten to raise the hatchlings from either of them. Ferro knew she was afraid of losing Baroke as a companion and losing her unborn hatchlings.

“You know I wouldn’t let him do that…” Ferro said in an attempt to reassure Lai.

Lai could only manage a nod, until Baroke’s voice suddenly rang out just outside the hollow.

“Wouldn’t let me do what?” Baroke asked, poking his head in. His rot-colored eyes settled upon the eggs Lai had her wing laid upon.

In that moment, all of the dragons froze until Baroke’s eyebrows began to crease and his lips drew back.

“You….” He hissed. “Why?! You selfish lizards!” He spat. “Do you have any idea what you’ve done?! Now we’re trapped in this gods-forsaken lair!”

“Baroke!” Ferro snarled. “Shut your trap! Fighting about this isn’t going to fix jack crap!”

Baroke wrinkled his nose at the Wildclaw, growling before forcefully pushing himself out of the hollow and rushing off.

Ferro muttered something under his breath before getting up and following the spiral out.

Lai merely curled around her eggs, tears welling in her eyes.

So yeah, Lai and Ferro are gonna have three children.

I'm going to give a summary of Aegis and Surdane's children because I don't have any lore rn hahaha

First we have this boy:

46996765_350.png

Two gene upgrades and very spooky. If he goes forth, no more basics!

46996766_350.png

His sister, no upgrades.

46996767_350.png

Another sister, primary upgrade but nothing else. Basic wings >->

46996768_350.png

This boy got a secondary upgrade! Again, if this boy goes forth, no more basic!

46996770_350.png

Finally, we have this girl who got a breed upgrade.

Tbh not sure who to root for. I like the spoopy boy hhh. I just really don't want one of the spiral girls to advance oof.
16454.png mlHpBMC.png
gTTW2gA.png
mYEe9VI.png
NlmYDAS.png
qhK4FYS.png

16453.png
their babies are so cute oh my god XD and aww its a shame that baroke hates lai's brood, but still its cute they have babies ;v;
their babies are so cute oh my god XD and aww its a shame that baroke hates lai's brood, but still its cute they have babies ;v;

Founder of F.R.O.G.G

If it’s in my active purge tab, take them. I want them gone.
@fenshae, @Karrikut, @Jaspernoir, @MysteryGyn, @SpaceSnake Today we get an heir and maybe some new little surprises to Baroke's crew? [quote=Accidents Happen] Aegis never got very close to her children. She remained distant from her offspring, raising them with the bare minimum care so that she wouldn’t be tempted to grow attached to them. Surdane suggested she take a favorite and train them to become the strongest, but Aegis ignored him and refused to intervene with fate. Life would choose the dragon that would carry on the Bloodwing legacy. Surdane tried to follow Aegis in being distant from their children, but he couldn’t sit idle if his blood kin needed his help, leading him to become more of the parent in the family. However, he would stay awake at night knowing that only one of his children would survive, and there would be four torn away from him brutally. The night before the day Aegis had decided the children would be tested to see who was strongest, they had devised a plan. Vadran would go out with his sisters, Talkora and Sasha, while Aegis would take Ember and Mahla out for some “training”. This way, everything was to hopefully go as planned, and Surdane would be spared at least some of the pain. So that morning, Aegis sent Vadran and his sisters out before leaving with Ember and Mahla, all before Surdane was able to awaken and stop any of it. ~~~ “What’s the point of this? So mom can bond to Ember and Mahla after ignoring them all this time?” Vadran scoffed. Talkora growled. “She’s ignored all of us all this time.” “Only our father has cared. I wonder why he isn’t out here with us?” Sasha pondered. “Probably because our dearest mother poisoned him,” Vadran spat. “Don’t say that!” Sasha hissed in response. Vadran was about to open his mouth to say more, but there was some rustling in the bushes, and the trio of spirals was suddenly attacked. They were in no way prepared for the swarm of Miths that attacked them, but they easily fell the first few. However, after a few minutes of battles, the swarm’s combined attacks began to wear them down. The sisters watched as Vadran was the first to fall to their attacks, a gtoup of the moth-like creatures overtaking them. “Vadran!” Sasha yelled, flinging herself at the Miths, making a grab for her brother’s body. Her attempt was short lived, however, a Mith hitting her solidly in the head before she dissapeared beneath the swarm of Miths as well. Talkora watched in horror as her siblings were destroyed by the Miths, but knew that if she stayed and tried to fight that she would have no hope of survival. As the swarm was occupied with her fallen kin, Talkora disappeared into the undergrowth and fled. ~~~ Meanwhile, Aegis was peacefully leading Ember and Mahla through the fields in silence. Ember and Mahla looked at one another with awkwardness. Neither of them spoke to Aegis much, let alone had anything to do with their mother. To have their mother now want to take them out on an excursion was odd. Mahla sighed before finally breaking the silence. “Mother, what is it that we’re doing again?” The skydancer asked. “Oh, we’re just hunting.” Aegis muttered before stopping. “Which, we should probably get down and be quiet. There’s a herd up ahead.” She whispered, pointing to the brownish grey death’s head stags that were feeding up ahead. The young dragons did as told. “I want you both to hunt one.” Aegis explained. “Any way you see fit.” They nodded, exchanged a glance, then disappeared into the tall grasses. Aegis then hopped up into a tree and watched her children stalk their prey, hoping she had set them up correctly for nature to choose her heir. Mahla had split from her brother as they went to hunt their quarry. She stayed silent as she crept through the grass until she came nearly nose to nose with one of the stags as it fed. She was surprised it hadn’t seen her bright feathery coat. Swiftly, the Skydancer leapt from the grasses and latched onto the stag. Though Mahla wasn’t a skilled fighter, her size and strength were enough to bring the creature down. The action, however, had caused a stampede. Mahla watched as the creatures ran off, not thinking anything of it at first. She quirked a brow as a few of them seemed to trip and stumble, but perhaps there was just a branch or thicket the creatures just hadn’t seen? She heaved her kill over her shoulders and began to walk back to where she had split from her mother and brother. She wondered where Ember was. Had he been waiting in the grass? Had he managed to catch one and was just finishing it off? Was he chasing after them? She didn’t know, and almost walked all the way back. That was, until a splash of red caught her eye. She turned to look, and once laying her eyes on the sight, dropped her kill. Ember layed there in the dirt, trampled to death. Mahla ran over, tears welling in her eyes. “Ember! Ember, Wake up!” She cried, shaking the lifeless body. “Oh no, this is all my fault!” She sobbed. Aegis watched from the tree before swiftly flying down to console her daughter. “Hush, shhh, it was an accident.” Aegis hummed to her daughter. “You couldn’t control it, you didn’t know he was there.” Mahla sobbed, not knowing how else to react. She wanted to do something, even if it was turning on her own mother for waiting until now to actually act like one. Aegis looked at her son’s body for a moment before tearing her gaze away. Guilt settled into her stomach for wanting this to happen, for wanting one of them to die. “We should return home.” ~~~ When Surdane awoke, Talkora had already returned. Her marred appearance and bloody nose shocked him as he spotted her lying on the floor, eyes widened as she stared at the ground. He quickly gathered his daughter up in his arms. “What happened?” Surdane demanded. “A swarm of Miths…. The others…. Gone…” She mumbled out.”I had to run…” Surdane could say nothing. He knew of the Mith colony and had wanted to clear them out, but Aegis told him to leave them. This was why. He knew what Aegis’ plan was, so he obliged. He squeezed his eyes shut. He had agreed with everything his mate and Shaneya had said and what they had to do, but he couldn’t help but feel terrible over it. It wasn’t long before Aegis and Mahla had returned themselves, Aegis trying her best to comfort her shaken daughter. Surdane turned to look at them while holding Talkora. “Ember was trampled while we were hunting.” Aegis explained. “It was all my fault…” Mahla whimpered. “How is it your fault, honey?” Surdane dared to ask. “I caused the stags to trampede, I sent them right for him…” With that, it seemed Talkora was snapped from her shocked state into one of more anger and rage. “You killed our brother?!” She suddenly snarled, springing from Surdane’s arms. “I-It was an accident!” Mahla cried. “What about you? Where’s Vadran? Sasha?” Talkora growled. “N-none of your business! I was a coward…” Mahla took a step back. “Y-You ran as they were killed by something, didn’t you?” “SHUT UP!” Talkora snarled, springing for her sister. The two began to tustle violently in the lair, snarling and shrieking, their voices filling the air in almost suffocating anguish. Aegis backed away because she wanted to see which of her daughters would become the next heir of her family. Surdane backed away because he was afraid of getting caught by the giant mess. And then, with a final shriek, the battle had ended as quickly as it had started with Mahla’s body going limp. Talkora backed off her sister’s now lifeless body, blood staining the plumage as well as Talkora’s face. She had murdered her own sister in the anguish of having lost her brothers and sister. And now, she was the lone survivor of the brood of five. Talkora said nothing as she quickly disappeared into the depth of the lair, into what was once the room she had shared with her siblings. Surdane hustled after her to comfort his last remaining child. Aegis gazed at Mahla’s body before collapsing to the ground, sobbing. She felt relief that now she didn’t have to be cold towards her children anymore, but immense guilt that she had led to their demises and had most likely destroyed whatever relationship she could have had with Talkora. [/quote] So our heir is Talkora... No upgrades so it's almost like nothing happened this generation. It was kind of a huge bummer to see both boys go and I was hoping Mahla would come out on top in the last battle. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=46996766] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/469968/46996766_350.png[/img] [/url] [quote=Born in the Wasteland] Baroke had begrudgingly come to terms with the fact that Ferro and Lai were going to have and keep their hatchlings, with or without his approval. Even if he hadn’t come to terms, he had to go along with with whatever Ferro said, as Ferro was the one that was supposed to be in charge. Not to mention that Ferro had cornered him in the den and threatened to end him if anything happened to the eggs or the resulting hatchlings. So they kept a low profile in the Scarred Wasteland in Baroke’s old home during the time it took for Lai’s brood to come to term. Baroke grumped about it the whole time, of course, and really just wanted to get on with his quest rather than wait on these hatchlings. Now, the red Spiral was sitting just outside of Lai’s room with Ferro as the coatl was within, tending to her eggs that were due to hatch at any moment. Baroke huffed, sliding his gaze over to Ferro, who looked fairly worried. They’d been waiting for hours and Lai hadn’t emerged yet. Baroke looked over at Ferro and got up. “I think we should check on her.” He muttered. “We? I think you mean me. You really think I’d let you get anywhere near them?” Ferro snarled at him, also standing up. Baroke rolled his eyes. “We’ve been over this twelve times by now, I’m not going to hurt your kids!” Ferro just snorted. Baroke let an exasperated sigh. “Alright, alright.” Baroke barked, placing his right hand over his chest. “I, Baroke, swear upon my parents’ honor and my allegiance Shaneya that I won’t lay a finger on your hatchlings in malice. There, does that make ya feel better?” Ferro grunted. “Like that makes it any better… but fine” Ferro entered the room first, Baroke wiggling his way in after the wildclaw. There, in the center of the room, Lai snuggled two tiny wildclaws, but a third egg remained unhatched. Tears welled in Lai’s eyes and she remained silent as Ferro and Baroke entered the room. Ferro immediately went to Lai’s side, snuggling her and his two new children. Baroke turned his attention to the egg instead. “Shh, shh, Lai, it’s fine.” Ferro cooed. “You’ve still given us two children to be proud of…” Lai leaned into her mate, a small whimper escaping her. She had wanted all of her eggs to hatch. “What are they? Boys? Girls?” Ferro asked. “Both boys…” She muttered. Ferro gave her a nudge. “How about naming them Cormac and Kerius?” He whispered. Lai nodded. Meanwhile, Baroke inspected the egg, which had taken on an unhealthy color and a peculiar smell. He didn’t even have to touch it to know it was Egg Rot, which was something that rarely happened, even to plague dragons. He had to wonder if it was an immunity to the plague from their parents, or if it was some sort of punishment. He shook the thought from his head and instead turned to look at the parents. He couldn’t help but feel bad that Lai had lost one of her children. He approached and observed the children. One dull, one bright. He couldn’t help but wonder what these children would bring….[/quote] New kiddos! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=47530987] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/475310/47530987_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=47530988] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/475310/47530988_350.png[/img] [/url] Lai and Ferro also had a pretty daughter, but the RNG gods determined that she didn't hatch... at least she was spared from the horrors of the Pinkerlocke, but I have to exalt her anyways. Now I have to go find a mate for Talkora and update the graveyard. I'm also thinking of making a Bloodwing Family tree.
Today we get an heir and maybe some new little surprises to Baroke's crew?
Accidents Happen wrote:

Aegis never got very close to her children. She remained distant from her offspring, raising them with the bare minimum care so that she wouldn’t be tempted to grow attached to them. Surdane suggested she take a favorite and train them to become the strongest, but Aegis ignored him and refused to intervene with fate. Life would choose the dragon that would carry on the Bloodwing legacy.

Surdane tried to follow Aegis in being distant from their children, but he couldn’t sit idle if his blood kin needed his help, leading him to become more of the parent in the family. However, he would stay awake at night knowing that only one of his children would survive, and there would be four torn away from him brutally.

The night before the day Aegis had decided the children would be tested to see who was strongest, they had devised a plan. Vadran would go out with his sisters, Talkora and Sasha, while Aegis would take Ember and Mahla out for some “training”. This way, everything was to hopefully go as planned, and Surdane would be spared at least some of the pain.

So that morning, Aegis sent Vadran and his sisters out before leaving with Ember and Mahla, all before Surdane was able to awaken and stop any of it.

~~~

“What’s the point of this? So mom can bond to Ember and Mahla after ignoring them all this time?” Vadran scoffed.

Talkora growled. “She’s ignored all of us all this time.”

“Only our father has cared. I wonder why he isn’t out here with us?” Sasha pondered.

“Probably because our dearest mother poisoned him,” Vadran spat.

“Don’t say that!” Sasha hissed in response.

Vadran was about to open his mouth to say more, but there was some rustling in the bushes, and the trio of spirals was suddenly attacked.

They were in no way prepared for the swarm of Miths that attacked them, but they easily fell the first few. However, after a few minutes of battles, the swarm’s combined attacks began to wear them down. The sisters watched as Vadran was the first to fall to their attacks, a gtoup of the moth-like creatures overtaking them.

“Vadran!” Sasha yelled, flinging herself at the Miths, making a grab for her brother’s body. Her attempt was short lived, however, a Mith hitting her solidly in the head before she dissapeared beneath the swarm of Miths as well.

Talkora watched in horror as her siblings were destroyed by the Miths, but knew that if she stayed and tried to fight that she would have no hope of survival. As the swarm was occupied with her fallen kin, Talkora disappeared into the undergrowth and fled.

~~~

Meanwhile, Aegis was peacefully leading Ember and Mahla through the fields in silence. Ember and Mahla looked at one another with awkwardness. Neither of them spoke to Aegis much, let alone had anything to do with their mother. To have their mother now want to take them out on an excursion was odd. Mahla sighed before finally breaking the silence.

“Mother, what is it that we’re doing again?” The skydancer asked.

“Oh, we’re just hunting.” Aegis muttered before stopping. “Which, we should probably get down and be quiet. There’s a herd up ahead.” She whispered, pointing to the brownish grey death’s head stags that were feeding up ahead.

The young dragons did as told.

“I want you both to hunt one.” Aegis explained. “Any way you see fit.”

They nodded, exchanged a glance, then disappeared into the tall grasses. Aegis then hopped up into a tree and watched her children stalk their prey, hoping she had set them up correctly for nature to choose her heir.

Mahla had split from her brother as they went to hunt their quarry. She stayed silent as she crept through the grass until she came nearly nose to nose with one of the stags as it fed. She was surprised it hadn’t seen her bright feathery coat. Swiftly, the Skydancer leapt from the grasses and latched onto the stag. Though Mahla wasn’t a skilled fighter, her size and strength were enough to bring the creature down. The action, however, had caused a stampede.

Mahla watched as the creatures ran off, not thinking anything of it at first. She quirked a brow as a few of them seemed to trip and stumble, but perhaps there was just a branch or thicket the creatures just hadn’t seen? She heaved her kill over her shoulders and began to walk back to where she had split from her mother and brother. She wondered where Ember was. Had he been waiting in the grass? Had he managed to catch one and was just finishing it off? Was he chasing after them? She didn’t know, and almost walked all the way back. That was, until a splash of red caught her eye. She turned to look, and once laying her eyes on the sight, dropped her kill.

Ember layed there in the dirt, trampled to death.

Mahla ran over, tears welling in her eyes.

“Ember! Ember, Wake up!” She cried, shaking the lifeless body. “Oh no, this is all my fault!” She sobbed.

Aegis watched from the tree before swiftly flying down to console her daughter.

“Hush, shhh, it was an accident.” Aegis hummed to her daughter. “You couldn’t control it, you didn’t know he was there.”

Mahla sobbed, not knowing how else to react. She wanted to do something, even if it was turning on her own mother for waiting until now to actually act like one.

Aegis looked at her son’s body for a moment before tearing her gaze away. Guilt settled into her stomach for wanting this to happen, for wanting one of them to die. “We should return home.”

~~~

When Surdane awoke, Talkora had already returned. Her marred appearance and bloody nose shocked him as he spotted her lying on the floor, eyes widened as she stared at the ground. He quickly gathered his daughter up in his arms.

“What happened?” Surdane demanded.

“A swarm of Miths…. The others…. Gone…” She mumbled out.”I had to run…”

Surdane could say nothing. He knew of the Mith colony and had wanted to clear them out, but Aegis told him to leave them. This was why. He knew what Aegis’ plan was, so he obliged. He squeezed his eyes shut. He had agreed with everything his mate and Shaneya had said and what they had to do, but he couldn’t help but feel terrible over it.

It wasn’t long before Aegis and Mahla had returned themselves, Aegis trying her best to comfort her shaken daughter. Surdane turned to look at them while holding Talkora.

“Ember was trampled while we were hunting.” Aegis explained.

“It was all my fault…” Mahla whimpered.

“How is it your fault, honey?” Surdane dared to ask.

“I caused the stags to trampede, I sent them right for him…”

With that, it seemed Talkora was snapped from her shocked state into one of more anger and rage.

“You killed our brother?!” She suddenly snarled, springing from Surdane’s arms.

“I-It was an accident!” Mahla cried. “What about you? Where’s Vadran? Sasha?”

Talkora growled. “N-none of your business! I was a coward…”

Mahla took a step back. “Y-You ran as they were killed by something, didn’t you?”

“SHUT UP!” Talkora snarled, springing for her sister.

The two began to tustle violently in the lair, snarling and shrieking, their voices filling the air in almost suffocating anguish. Aegis backed away because she wanted to see which of her daughters would become the next heir of her family. Surdane backed away because he was afraid of getting caught by the giant mess. And then, with a final shriek, the battle had ended as quickly as it had started with Mahla’s body going limp. Talkora backed off her sister’s now lifeless body, blood staining the plumage as well as Talkora’s face. She had murdered her own sister in the anguish of having lost her brothers and sister. And now, she was the lone survivor of the brood of five. Talkora said nothing as she quickly disappeared into the depth of the lair, into what was once the room she had shared with her siblings. Surdane hustled after her to comfort his last remaining child.

Aegis gazed at Mahla’s body before collapsing to the ground, sobbing. She felt relief that now she didn’t have to be cold towards her children anymore, but immense guilt that she had led to their demises and had most likely destroyed whatever relationship she could have had with Talkora.

So our heir is Talkora... No upgrades so it's almost like nothing happened this generation. It was kind of a huge bummer to see both boys go and I was hoping Mahla would come out on top in the last battle.

46996766_350.png

Born in the Wasteland wrote:
Baroke had begrudgingly come to terms with the fact that Ferro and Lai were going to have and keep their hatchlings, with or without his approval. Even if he hadn’t come to terms, he had to go along with with whatever Ferro said, as Ferro was the one that was supposed to be in charge.

Not to mention that Ferro had cornered him in the den and threatened to end him if anything happened to the eggs or the resulting hatchlings.

So they kept a low profile in the Scarred Wasteland in Baroke’s old home during the time it took for Lai’s brood to come to term. Baroke grumped about it the whole time, of course, and really just wanted to get on with his quest rather than wait on these hatchlings.

Now, the red Spiral was sitting just outside of Lai’s room with Ferro as the coatl was within, tending to her eggs that were due to hatch at any moment.

Baroke huffed, sliding his gaze over to Ferro, who looked fairly worried. They’d been waiting for hours and Lai hadn’t emerged yet. Baroke looked over at Ferro and got up.

“I think we should check on her.” He muttered.

“We? I think you mean me. You really think I’d let you get anywhere near them?” Ferro snarled at him, also standing up.

Baroke rolled his eyes. “We’ve been over this twelve times by now, I’m not going to hurt your kids!”

Ferro just snorted. Baroke let an exasperated sigh.

“Alright, alright.” Baroke barked, placing his right hand over his chest. “I, Baroke, swear upon my parents’ honor and my allegiance Shaneya that I won’t lay a finger on your hatchlings in malice. There, does that make ya feel better?”

Ferro grunted. “Like that makes it any better… but fine”

Ferro entered the room first, Baroke wiggling his way in after the wildclaw.

There, in the center of the room, Lai snuggled two tiny wildclaws, but a third egg remained unhatched. Tears welled in Lai’s eyes and she remained silent as Ferro and Baroke entered the room. Ferro immediately went to Lai’s side, snuggling her and his two new children. Baroke turned his attention to the egg instead.

“Shh, shh, Lai, it’s fine.” Ferro cooed. “You’ve still given us two children to be proud of…”

Lai leaned into her mate, a small whimper escaping her. She had wanted all of her eggs to hatch.

“What are they? Boys? Girls?” Ferro asked.

“Both boys…” She muttered.

Ferro gave her a nudge. “How about naming them Cormac and Kerius?” He whispered.

Lai nodded.

Meanwhile, Baroke inspected the egg, which had taken on an unhealthy color and a peculiar smell. He didn’t even have to touch it to know it was Egg Rot, which was something that rarely happened, even to plague dragons. He had to wonder if it was an immunity to the plague from their parents, or if it was some sort of punishment. He shook the thought from his head and instead turned to look at the parents. He couldn’t help but feel bad that Lai had lost one of her children.

He approached and observed the children. One dull, one bright. He couldn’t help but wonder what these children would bring….

New kiddos!

47530987_350.png

47530988_350.png

Lai and Ferro also had a pretty daughter, but the RNG gods determined that she didn't hatch... at least she was spared from the horrors of the Pinkerlocke, but I have to exalt her anyways.

Now I have to go find a mate for Talkora and update the graveyard. I'm also thinking of making a Bloodwing Family tree.
16454.png mlHpBMC.png
gTTW2gA.png
mYEe9VI.png
NlmYDAS.png
qhK4FYS.png

16453.png
ooo their kids are gorgous~ <3 its a shame the girl didnt survive ;3;
ooo their kids are gorgous~ <3 its a shame the girl didnt survive ;3;

Founder of F.R.O.G.G

[img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/familiar/623.png[/img] @fenshae, @Karrikut, @Jaspernoir, @MysteryGyn, @SpaceSnake Welp, looks like I need yet another dragon for my Pinkerlocke team. And I got a skydancer~ Decided it had to be a female because right now Lai is in a dude ranch... [quote=Adopted] Lai was almost asleep, snuggled with Ferro and their hatchlings. Baroke was also with them, though he was curled up by himself near the entrance of the room. The excitement, and sorrow, of her eggs hatching had seemingly exhausted all of them. She had almost drifted off, but a knocking had awoken her. It was quiet, but it was accompanied by some crying. Lai listened for a moment, wondering if she was really hearing it or if it was just something her tired mind was just coming up with. Then, the knocking turned to a desperate scratching. The coatl pulled herself from her resting place, a few protests from her hatchlings as her warmth left them. She quickly hushed them and nudged them under Ferro's wing before turning and gently stepping over Baroke as to not wake them. Lai then slowly moved throughout the lair, towards the entrance where Baroke had fasioned a make-shift door since they had moved in. "Help! Help! Please!" A small voice cried, scratching the door. "Is anyone there? Please!" Lai opened the door. "Hello?" She said softly. A streak of blue shot into the lair and quickly disappeared into a crevice. Lai approached the crevice and peered in. She was met with the saddened green eyes of a wind-born blue skydancer. "Hello? Who are you?" Lai asked softly. The skydancer looked up at her before curling in on herself. "W-we were trying to get to th-the Crystalspine R-Reaches.... th-they all got killed...." "Who got killed? How?" Lai asked, gently pulling the tiny skydancer from the crevice and pulling the child into a hug. "M-My family, th-the mutants j-just slaughtered them..." Lai stroked the hatchling's back and hushed her. "Shhhh, you're safe now.... I'll take care of you," Lai whispered. Lai resolved at that moment to adopt the hatchling as her own, whether it be because the hatchling needed her, or she needed something to fill the hole in her heart from losing her one egg. She carried the hatchling back to the room where she was nesting, kicking Baroke awake on the way, then nudging Ferro awake. "This hatchling found us..." She said. "I'm adopting her." Baroke sighed and rolled his eyes. "Of course..." He mumbled, but said nothing more. Ferro was more welcoming. "What's her name?" He said groggily, allowing the skydancer to hop from Lai's grasp and to snuggle under his wing with their two hatchlings. "Amnity..." The hatchling whispered quietly [/quote] So Lai and Ferro get to have a daughter after all! Welcome Amnity to the crew! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=47545885] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/475459/47545885_350.png[/img] [/url] I should really update my roster hhh
623.png

Welp, looks like I need yet another dragon for my Pinkerlocke team. And I got a skydancer~ Decided it had to be a female because right now Lai is in a dude ranch...
Adopted wrote:

Lai was almost asleep, snuggled with Ferro and their hatchlings. Baroke was also with them, though he was curled up by himself near the entrance of the room. The excitement, and sorrow, of her eggs hatching had seemingly exhausted all of them.

She had almost drifted off, but a knocking had awoken her. It was quiet, but it was accompanied by some crying. Lai listened for a moment, wondering if she was really hearing it or if it was just something her tired mind was just coming up with. Then, the knocking turned to a desperate scratching.

The coatl pulled herself from her resting place, a few protests from her hatchlings as her warmth left them. She quickly hushed them and nudged them under Ferro's wing before turning and gently stepping over Baroke as to not wake them. Lai then slowly moved throughout the lair, towards the entrance where Baroke had fasioned a make-shift door since they had moved in.

"Help! Help! Please!" A small voice cried, scratching the door. "Is anyone there? Please!"

Lai opened the door. "Hello?" She said softly.

A streak of blue shot into the lair and quickly disappeared into a crevice. Lai approached the crevice and peered in. She was met with the saddened green eyes of a wind-born blue skydancer.

"Hello? Who are you?" Lai asked softly.

The skydancer looked up at her before curling in on herself. "W-we were trying to get to th-the Crystalspine R-Reaches.... th-they all got killed...."

"Who got killed? How?" Lai asked, gently pulling the tiny skydancer from the crevice and pulling the child into a hug.

"M-My family, th-the mutants j-just slaughtered them..."

Lai stroked the hatchling's back and hushed her.

"Shhhh, you're safe now.... I'll take care of you," Lai whispered.

Lai resolved at that moment to adopt the hatchling as her own, whether it be because the hatchling needed her, or she needed something to fill the hole in her heart from losing her one egg. She carried the hatchling back to the room where she was nesting, kicking Baroke awake on the way, then nudging Ferro awake.

"This hatchling found us..." She said. "I'm adopting her."

Baroke sighed and rolled his eyes. "Of course..." He mumbled, but said nothing more.

Ferro was more welcoming. "What's her name?" He said groggily, allowing the skydancer to hop from Lai's grasp and to snuggle under his wing with their two hatchlings.

"Amnity..." The hatchling whispered quietly

So Lai and Ferro get to have a daughter after all! Welcome Amnity to the crew!

47545885_350.png

I should really update my roster hhh
16454.png mlHpBMC.png
gTTW2gA.png
mYEe9VI.png
NlmYDAS.png
qhK4FYS.png

16453.png
Pinglist please!
Pinglist please!
Sol~
sZShZzW.png
mlHpBMC.png
OxagJgG.png
GjJlaVJ.png
I love Danganronpa & Yakuza
Celeste is best girl, But I love Toko too
Majima Goro the beloved ever
Splatoon 3 Addict
Bisexual Aromantic Polyam
*flexes* Hello all! It's been a while! Back today with the next chapter! @fenshae, @Karrikut, @Jaspernoir, @MysteryGyn, @SpaceSnake @Stri [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/battle_items/676.png[/img] Oof, welp. Someone bound to die because I got heads... Time to randomly select the team... The Random Number Generator Picked Baroke right off the bat, then Ferro (What the heck Random.org, going in order??) and Finally it picked Kerius. Into the Scorched Forest! [quote] Baroke had grown restless as he had to lie in wait in his old lair. Luckily for him, this time of wait was coming to an end. Lairahia's children were adolescents now, and were strong enough to be on the move. They could leave this place at any time now, once Baroke found the Plague artifact, and then they could go off into a different flight territory. Today would be the first day since the birth of Lais sons and the adoption of Amnity that Baroke would leave the lair in search of an artifact. He tucked some potions in his vest before turning to the lair. Lai and Amnity were busy with fixing up some traveling outfits and a few other things where as Ferro was with his sons, teaching them about combat. Baroke snorted and approached the Wildclaws. "Hey Ferro, want to go artifact hunting with me?" Baroke asked. "You're gonna make me go even if I tell you no, right?" Ferro huffed with a roll of his eyes. "Alright, alright. I suppose so. Hey, the sooner we find the artifact the sooner we can leave this wretched cess-pool." Baroke rolled his eyes and turned to lead the way out but they were quickly stopped by the brothers. "Hey, uncle Baroke, can we come too?!" Kerius asked excitedly. There it was, that word. "Uncle." They had taken to calling Baroke that since Lai had told them he was their "uncle" when they were old enough to talk. He could have about killed her for that. Not only was it annoying, but it also made Baroke feel responsible for hatchlings that weren't even related to him. "No." Baroke said shortly. "Aw, why not?" Cormac asked. Kerius looked up at Ferro. "Dad, you'll let me come, right?" "Uh..." Ferro said, eyes darting from Baroke then to Lai, then back at Kerius. "Hm..." "Don't even think about it." Baroke barked at Ferro. Ferro sighed. "I think it'd be good practice if they come out in the field with us and experienced combat first hand. It'll be fine, we'll be there to keep an eye on them." Ferro explained. "Fine." Baroke huffed. "[i]One[/i] of them can come." "Oooh! Oh! Memememe!" Kerius begged. "Come on, bro! I want to go!" Cormac said, shoving his brother a bit. Ferro rolled his eyes. "Kerius, you'll be coming with us. Cormac, I want you to stay with your mother and help her with our inventory." Kerius gave out a cheer while Cormac sighed heavily and trod off o his mother. "Teenagers..." Baroke mumbled, walking out of the lair. [center]~~~[/center] It wasn't long in the wasteland before the trio were attacked. It was a giant grotesque creature, with a swollen, dripping green tongue and twisted bone spines reaching from oozing skin. Ferro instinctively took a step in front of Kerius, ready to protect his son from the dangers of this creature. Baroke took the chance of waylaying into the creature and attacking it, Ferro then doing the same as it was distracted by Baroke's first attack. Ferro left his son's side and slammed into that of the the creature. The two dragons did a good job of keeping the creature back, but it soon began to wildly thrash, shaking the dragons off. Kerius, who was still standing nearby, was hit by one of the creature's appendages and was sent slamming into a nearby rock, his fate sealed. Ferro and Baroke didn't notice Kerius get hit at first, but once the mutant creature was defeated, they heard pained gasping and coughing. Ferro whipped around and paled at the sight. "K-Kerius!" He wailed, seeing his son in a crumpled mess at the bottom of the rock, blood coming from his mouth. Ferro ran up to his son, collapsing next to the ailing Kerius. "D-dad.... I'm s-sorry...." Was all the young dragon could say before falling limp. Tears began to fall from Ferro's eyes as he pulled Kerius into his arms and standing in silence, trembling as he began to trek back to the lair. Baroke lagged behind, stunned by the sight. What.. what just happened? [center]~~~[/center] That night, Baroke stood outside the den, trying to ignore the wailing of the family within....[/quote] Poor Kerius didn't stand a chance...
*flexes* Hello all! It's been a while! Back today with the next chapter!

@fenshae, @Karrikut, @Jaspernoir, @MysteryGyn, @SpaceSnake @Stri

676.png

Oof, welp. Someone bound to die because I got heads... Time to randomly select the team...

The Random Number Generator Picked Baroke right off the bat, then Ferro (What the heck Random.org, going in order??) and Finally it picked Kerius. Into the Scorched Forest!
Quote:
Baroke had grown restless as he had to lie in wait in his old lair. Luckily for him, this time of wait was coming to an end. Lairahia's children were adolescents now, and were strong enough to be on the move. They could leave this place at any time now, once Baroke found the Plague artifact, and then they could go off into a different flight territory.

Today would be the first day since the birth of Lais sons and the adoption of Amnity that Baroke would leave the lair in search of an artifact. He tucked some potions in his vest before turning to the lair. Lai and Amnity were busy with fixing up some traveling outfits and a few other things where as Ferro was with his sons, teaching them about combat. Baroke snorted and approached the Wildclaws.

"Hey Ferro, want to go artifact hunting with me?" Baroke asked.

"You're gonna make me go even if I tell you no, right?" Ferro huffed with a roll of his eyes. "Alright, alright. I suppose so. Hey, the sooner we find the artifact the sooner we can leave this wretched cess-pool."

Baroke rolled his eyes and turned to lead the way out but they were quickly stopped by the brothers.

"Hey, uncle Baroke, can we come too?!" Kerius asked excitedly.

There it was, that word. "Uncle." They had taken to calling Baroke that since Lai had told them he was their "uncle" when they were old enough to talk. He could have about killed her for that. Not only was it annoying, but it also made Baroke feel responsible for hatchlings that weren't even related to him.

"No." Baroke said shortly.

"Aw, why not?" Cormac asked. Kerius looked up at Ferro. "Dad, you'll let me come, right?"

"Uh..." Ferro said, eyes darting from Baroke then to Lai, then back at Kerius. "Hm..."

"Don't even think about it." Baroke barked at Ferro. Ferro sighed.

"I think it'd be good practice if they come out in the field with us and experienced combat first hand. It'll be fine, we'll be there to keep an eye on them." Ferro explained.

"Fine." Baroke huffed. "One of them can come."

"Oooh! Oh! Memememe!" Kerius begged.

"Come on, bro! I want to go!" Cormac said, shoving his brother a bit.

Ferro rolled his eyes. "Kerius, you'll be coming with us. Cormac, I want you to stay with your mother and help her with our inventory."

Kerius gave out a cheer while Cormac sighed heavily and trod off o his mother.

"Teenagers..." Baroke mumbled, walking out of the lair.
~~~

It wasn't long in the wasteland before the trio were attacked. It was a giant grotesque creature, with a swollen, dripping green tongue and twisted bone spines reaching from oozing skin. Ferro instinctively took a step in front of Kerius, ready to protect his son from the dangers of this creature. Baroke took the chance of waylaying into the creature and attacking it, Ferro then doing the same as it was distracted by Baroke's first attack. Ferro left his son's side and slammed into that of the the creature.

The two dragons did a good job of keeping the creature back, but it soon began to wildly thrash, shaking the dragons off. Kerius, who was still standing nearby, was hit by one of the creature's appendages and was sent slamming into a nearby rock, his fate sealed.

Ferro and Baroke didn't notice Kerius get hit at first, but once the mutant creature was defeated, they heard pained gasping and coughing. Ferro whipped around and paled at the sight.

"K-Kerius!" He wailed, seeing his son in a crumpled mess at the bottom of the rock, blood coming from his mouth. Ferro ran up to his son, collapsing next to the ailing Kerius.

"D-dad.... I'm s-sorry...." Was all the young dragon could say before falling limp.

Tears began to fall from Ferro's eyes as he pulled Kerius into his arms and standing in silence, trembling as he began to trek back to the lair. Baroke lagged behind, stunned by the sight. What.. what just happened?
~~~

That night, Baroke stood outside the den, trying to ignore the wailing of the family within....

Poor Kerius didn't stand a chance...
16454.png mlHpBMC.png
gTTW2gA.png
mYEe9VI.png
NlmYDAS.png
qhK4FYS.png

16453.png
oh god, its sad that one had to die ;o;
oh god, its sad that one had to die ;o;

Founder of F.R.O.G.G

1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13