Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Are You My Charge? 100HatchlingChallenge
1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 21 22
YOURE BACK AGAIN YES OH MY GOD
YOURE BACK AGAIN YES OH MY GOD
jIRALXN.pngNBJG3D5.gif
@/ZippoFeuer : I KNOW. I have an obnoxious amount of fun writing Jace, honestly, and I've got plans for the boy now that he's reached peak mid-life crisis. And HOLY CRAP I KNOW. I hatched him and fell so beyond in love with him. I did not mean to name him Cupcake but... Here we are. @/Rosesinger : I would like to let the record show that I just now realized I have not responded to your PM and I need to dO THAT NOW It will be within a couple of hours. Secondly. I'm so glad people like Jace and his plotline XD He started off as such a dipweed and I have had such a stupid amount of fun writing him. It actually saved him from exaltation. *my lair space sweats* @/JayDaCat : I will keep that in mind, thank you! And thank you for adopting Yew! So happy to see him run off to a good home <3 @/dransnake : Eeeeeh I know I was really excited to get him from the Dragons Off To See The World thread! I normally hate eye spots but he's kinda real cool looking. I personally love their last kid the most, but the second one is p nice too ^^ And thank you! I will also keep you in mind for all this mate nonsense, just gotta work out some arcs! @/GhostPepper : I SAID THE SAME THING WHEN I SAW YOUR NAME HI HI HI I'm so sorry I vanished for so long but I'm so happy to be back!!! @SariStar @Mollusk @Returu @Dragonfruiteen @TheAwesoMew @Tufira @AmberVRaptor @Insectoid @Cinderspark @bfkitsune @Flay624 @EccentricElf23 @ShatterSoul @Wolfyblocks @Foxe @GloryEternal @phantomsonic @Akura @EmeraldJubilee @BlueCoriander @GhostPepper @LostTravels @Redtiger7736 @ChromeAsh @BlackIvy @Alcorin @Ggirl @DiRoxy @mynameisgoliath @dransnake @Rosesinger @RadientAngel @Phoebici @nienna33 @Pigeonpanhandle @Grahh @MessengerDragon @Lunarsnow @Weredogalism @ZippoFeuer @JayDaCat ------- “Wow, 16 other children?” Cupcake, Candy and Zircon’s first nocturne child asked Arkose, little body pressed low to the dirt as he looked up at the brown mirror. Arkose nodded politely, while Cupcake’s two spiral siblings bolted about the nesting grounds, Candy in hot pursuit to make sure they didn’t bother the other couples too much. Zircon ended up following too, as it turned out Candy was just as much of nuisance as her hyperactive children. “Wait until you hear about how many kids Debris has had,” Fiona said with a snicker, getting an evil eye from her best friend, who then burst into laughter as the spiral babies crashed into her full force with their tiny, rocket bodies. “For windsinger’s sake-“ “Sorry,” Candy called as she raced over to collect her two kids, who had taken an impromptu spiral nap on top of Fiona, handing them off to Zircon as he was bigger and could handle their noodle forms easier. “They’re just excited for Mamama’s eggs to hatch.” “Your kid’s kids need to calm down,” Fiona muttered at Debris as Candy and Zircon settled down close by to watch over their sleeping spiral kids as their one nocturne child watched everything with wide eyes. “Hey, they’re your kid’s kids too,” Debris said with a laugh, gesturing her head at Zircon nestled against Candy happily. “Don’t forgot your son is involved in this whole grandbaby process too.” Fiona snorted, rolling her eyes but smiling. “Yeah, yeah, I still can’t believe your most hyperactive daughter tricked my first born into having babies with her.” “There was no trickery!” Candy called from her little ball around her kids. “No trickery here! Maybe [i]he[/i] tricked [i]me[/i]!” She accused, looking up at Zircon with wide, pretend-accusatory eyes. “I did no such thing,” he replied, nuzzling against the top of her head and kissing her forehead. “There was no trickery afoot.” “Ew,” Fiona replied with a grimace, turning over to cast Debris a look. “He’s his father’s child.” Debris snickered, and looked down as Cupcake scampered over to her and climbed up onto her back, startling her. “Hey, hey, whatcha doing?” Cupcake didn’t reply for a moment, climbing up onto her head and looking around, wings twitching against his back. “I’m tall,” was all he said in response, and Debris laughed, bouncing him on her head and getting him to giggle as well. “How many kids have you had, Mamama? Other Mamama says it’s more than 16!” Cupcake asked, and Debris flushed slightly, cursing Fiona. Arkose, who had been sitting on the sidelines simply watching, visibly cocked his head. “I, I don’t really… There’s been quite a few…” Debris said evasively, resisting the urge to flick her grandbaby off her head in embarrassment. “Those three eggs right there mark 37 kids,” Fiona answered for him, and Arkose blinked, looking surprised as Cupcake gasped. “That sounds like so much fun!” Cupcake exclaimed, hopping from foot to foot. He clearly had his mother’s energy. “That’s so many babies to play with!” “Yeah, it’s, it’s nice,” Debris said with a blush, looking at the ceiling, bouncing her head slightly to distract her grandchild, who giggled. Arkose stepped forward a bit, hesitant, but interested. “Have they all been in hopes of finding your charge?” Nodding – and hearing Cupcake laugh as she did – Debris sat down and coiled her tail around her legs. “Yeah.” “And have all of these nests had different fathers?” Arkose asked. Debris wanted to hide, but there was no judgement in his voice, simply curiosity. He was still being respectful, but Debris still felt uncomfortable. She nodded, and he asked “how many different dragons have you been with?” Respectful or not, Debris recoiled from the invasive question. “How many dragons have you been with?” She shot back. “Two,” he responded, showing no aggression or defensiveness despite Debris’ tone. “Once, with a shadow girl, and the other thirteen come from the same light dragoness, Florence.” He responded, starting to look rather far away. “She was… Kind to me. I had hoped my home would be there, but I never… It did not work out.” He replied quietly, and Debris felt bad for snapping. “You’re Debris’ twelfth,” Fiona said after a moment, largely unhelpfully. “You and your numbers!” Debris hissed back at her, and she heard Cupcake gasp on her head. Gods freaking, green and black little devil, just- “That’s a lot of dragons!” Cupcake said, and Debris was ready to chastise him for being judgmental, and his little face hung down over her eyes and he looked at her with a grin. “You must be really popular!” Debris blinked, bumping him back onto her head, and smiling slightly to herself. “I guess so,” she replied with a small smile, glancing around the nesting grounds. With a start, Debris realized that two other nests had her descendants and their mates in them. Her son, Yew was nesting with a spiral, and her granddaughter, Pianissimo, was nesting with a fae. Looking down at her nest with her latest eggs, Debris realized she had dotted the bamboo stalks they rested in with little flowers and trinkets that Daunt had been gifting her with every time he returned from exploring the skies. She was surrounded by family – literally. A small shudder worked its way through her body when the dots connected, and her jaws audibly clacked together, and Cupcake was vibrated off of her head, sliding down her neck to her back. “Yo, Bri, you good?” Fiona asked, eye crest risen in confusion. Arkose had settled back down on his side of the nest, now paying little attention and looking rather pensive. “Yeah, wow, sorry,” Debris said with a cleansing shake of the head, angling her wings to keep Cupcake supported on her back as he scrambled for purchase and then stabilized, looking giddy and insisting she do it again. “I don’t know what that was.” “Freaky,” Fiona answered, “freaky is what it was.” “Yeah, yeah,” Debris replied, and Arkose spoke up again. “The eggs,” he said, and Debris straight up barked in surprise as Cupcake, coming fast from the air, hit the back of her head and scrambled forward to see. Off to the side, she heard Zircon gently shaking Candy awake, as she had fallen asleep on her kids at one point during the wait. “Wha, I’m awake, huh-?” She started, and Zircon started waking their spiral kids, who had been the ones campaigning with Cupcake to come see the eggs hatch. Unfortunately for them, they missed the first child pop her head of her egg, guardian features visible in the dying sunset light. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=50197022] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/501971/50197022_350.png[/img] [/url] “She’s like you!” Cupcake exclaimed, next to her ear, again jarring Debris, who shushed him. “She’s a guardian like me, but her appearance is all her father,” Debris said back, jerking her head to adjust Cupcake more center. “And be a little quieter, she’s fresh out of her shell.” “We missed it!” Blackberry, the darker of Candy’s spiral kids, wailed from the side as the small family moved closer to see the children, and Candy shushed him. “Not all of them,” she soothed as Fiona purposefully slunk further away from the loud spirals. “Look, there’s one now.” And the babies remained quiet as the second egg broke into pieces, each mismatched collection of fragments falling away slowly as the hatchling inside of them tested the outside world. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=50197023] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/501971/50197023_350.png[/img] [/url] “He’s like his dad!” Cupcake whispered excitedly, and Debris praised him for being quiet as Candy glanced up at her wayward nocturne son with a fond expression. “Like how my brother and sister are Mommy, and I’m Daddy,” Cupcake added, and Fiona piped up again. “Oh, you’re definitely your Mommy as well,” Fiona added, snickering, at which Candy chose to look proud rather than take it as the snippity quip it was. Debris, already entertaining one child, shifted closer to Arkose, only a bit awkwardly, and gently shooed their children over to him. He continued to look a bit far away, but his expression softened as he gently shepherded the kids closer to him. As the two new kids clumsily snuggled/mouthed at him and one another, the last egg fell over as a little paw broke out the bottom, pushing through the flimsy shell. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=50197024] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/501971/50197024_350.png[/img] [/url] “Oh my…” Debris heard herself say, smiling wide at her latest daughter, who was still battling the last bits of shell around her back legs, breaking free and stumbling forward, squeaking. “That was so cool,” Cupcake said from on her head, the small nocturne actually shaking from excitement on her head. “Eggs are so cool! I want to have a bunch of hatchlings too!” “Alright, mister, we can talk about that later,” Candy said with a laugh, twirling up to snatch him off Debris and carry him back to his siblings, all three immediately talking all at once about the hatching they just witnessed. “Right now, we’re all gonna go to bed and visit the babies in the morning.” A chorus of complaints arose from the kids, continuing as they were herded out by their parents, until Cupcake stuck his little head back and yelled “bye-bye babies, see you tomorrow!” Barely hatched and not aware enough to know they were bring talked to, the babies simply continued to try and sleep or mouth on each other, and the nesting grounds finally started to calm down. ------- Later that night, as the babies slept, Arkose and Debris debated names for their kids. At one point, Daunt had come in and Fiona had gone, and Debris tried to get used to the fact that she was kind of dating Daunt, but was naming kids she just had with another dragon. Daunt seemed unbothered, and Arkose looked as far away as he did all day. “The last one, the bigger guardian girl, she’s really bright?” Daunt said, trying to help Debris come up with names. “The other girl is bright too, but in a… Soft way.” That got Arkose’s attention, and before Debris could respond, Arkose looked excited for pretty much the first time since Debris met him. “Oh! I have a name for her, then.” Head cocking a bit, only slightly jostling Daunt, Debris urged him on, and Arkose gently laid a paw on her head. “Florence.” The name of the light dragoness he had been with for much longer than Debris had ever been with anyone. Debris felt decided less weird about being with Daunt after that display of loyalty. “Sure,” Debris said, not addressing the name. “It’s pretty.” After a beat of thought, she then added, “how about Wildfire, for her sister?” Arkose nodded, and all that was left was to name their son. And he stumped both of them. Eventually, Debris spoke up, hesitant. “How about… Sweets? He looks bright like a pink flower, with sweet scent and nectar, and his wings look like spices and candies…” She was only basing this off of Candy and her assortment of food named children a little bit. Okay. A lot a bit. Luckily for her, Arkose simply nodded. “Works for me.” “They’re all lovely,” Daunt said after a moment, and Debris felt his tail flick happily against the top of her skull. “They look a lot different than most of your other kids, too.” “Yeah,” Debris asked, a little bit distracted, gazing at Arkose. After a moment of thought, Debris asked “do you feel any closer to your goal?” She asked, staying non-specific. She didn’t want to get into too many details if Arkose didn’t feel like it right now. Measuring her gaze, he asked her the same question, and Debris looked back over her three newest kids, all bundled up against her now. None of them were her charge. And none of them made this space more like home to Arkose. They would just have to keep searching. ----- Alright, again, I felt like I did Arkose dirty, and didn't fling him in enough, but we'll see what the future holds. I've started to write future chapters in my head depending on the dragon, and I have an idea in mind for the upcoming nest, so... We'll see what happens >.> Anyway, Teddy is on a nest now, to be exalted once it hatches unless someone snatches him up, and Eros and Philia will be given the same treatment in a couple days unless taken. Meanwhile, Florence, Sweets, and Wildfire are all up for grabs, newly hatched lovelies that they are, and I'm about to go do some next chapter planning! We gonna have ARCS, people! (P.S. ... I named him Sweets cause every single color on him is something edible; Bubblegum, Cinnamon, Chocolate lol) Edit: I FORGOT TO PUT THE FREAKING PINGLIST THE FIRST TIME I POSTED THIS. XD I'm big dumb
@/ZippoFeuer : I KNOW. I have an obnoxious amount of fun writing Jace, honestly, and I've got plans for the boy now that he's reached peak mid-life crisis. And HOLY CRAP I KNOW. I hatched him and fell so beyond in love with him. I did not mean to name him Cupcake but... Here we are.

@/Rosesinger : I would like to let the record show that I just now realized I have not responded to your PM and I need to dO THAT NOW It will be within a couple of hours. Secondly. I'm so glad people like Jace and his plotline XD He started off as such a dipweed and I have had such a stupid amount of fun writing him. It actually saved him from exaltation. *my lair space sweats*

@/JayDaCat : I will keep that in mind, thank you! And thank you for adopting Yew! So happy to see him run off to a good home <3

@/dransnake : Eeeeeh I know I was really excited to get him from the Dragons Off To See The World thread! I normally hate eye spots but he's kinda real cool looking. I personally love their last kid the most, but the second one is p nice too ^^ And thank you! I will also keep you in mind for all this mate nonsense, just gotta work out some arcs!

@/GhostPepper : I SAID THE SAME THING WHEN I SAW YOUR NAME HI HI HI I'm so sorry I vanished for so long but I'm so happy to be back!!!

@SariStar @Mollusk @Returu @Dragonfruiteen @TheAwesoMew @Tufira @AmberVRaptor @Insectoid @Cinderspark @bfkitsune @Flay624 @EccentricElf23 @ShatterSoul @Wolfyblocks @Foxe @GloryEternal @phantomsonic @Akura @EmeraldJubilee @BlueCoriander @GhostPepper @LostTravels @Redtiger7736 @ChromeAsh @BlackIvy @Alcorin @Ggirl @DiRoxy @mynameisgoliath @dransnake @Rosesinger @RadientAngel @Phoebici @nienna33 @Pigeonpanhandle @Grahh @MessengerDragon @Lunarsnow @Weredogalism @ZippoFeuer @JayDaCat

“Wow, 16 other children?” Cupcake, Candy and Zircon’s first nocturne child asked Arkose, little body pressed low to the dirt as he looked up at the brown mirror. Arkose nodded politely, while Cupcake’s two spiral siblings bolted about the nesting grounds, Candy in hot pursuit to make sure they didn’t bother the other couples too much. Zircon ended up following too, as it turned out Candy was just as much of nuisance as her hyperactive children.

“Wait until you hear about how many kids Debris has had,” Fiona said with a snicker, getting an evil eye from her best friend, who then burst into laughter as the spiral babies crashed into her full force with their tiny, rocket bodies. “For windsinger’s sake-“

“Sorry,” Candy called as she raced over to collect her two kids, who had taken an impromptu spiral nap on top of Fiona, handing them off to Zircon as he was bigger and could handle their noodle forms easier. “They’re just excited for Mamama’s eggs to hatch.”

“Your kid’s kids need to calm down,” Fiona muttered at Debris as Candy and Zircon settled down close by to watch over their sleeping spiral kids as their one nocturne child watched everything with wide eyes.

“Hey, they’re your kid’s kids too,” Debris said with a laugh, gesturing her head at Zircon nestled against Candy happily. “Don’t forgot your son is involved in this whole grandbaby process too.”

Fiona snorted, rolling her eyes but smiling. “Yeah, yeah, I still can’t believe your most hyperactive daughter tricked my first born into having babies with her.”

“There was no trickery!” Candy called from her little ball around her kids. “No trickery here! Maybe he tricked me!” She accused, looking up at Zircon with wide, pretend-accusatory eyes.

“I did no such thing,” he replied, nuzzling against the top of her head and kissing her forehead. “There was no trickery afoot.”

“Ew,” Fiona replied with a grimace, turning over to cast Debris a look. “He’s his father’s child.”

Debris snickered, and looked down as Cupcake scampered over to her and climbed up onto her back, startling her. “Hey, hey, whatcha doing?”

Cupcake didn’t reply for a moment, climbing up onto her head and looking around, wings twitching against his back. “I’m tall,” was all he said in response, and Debris laughed, bouncing him on her head and getting him to giggle as well. “How many kids have you had, Mamama? Other Mamama says it’s more than 16!” Cupcake asked, and Debris flushed slightly, cursing Fiona. Arkose, who had been sitting on the sidelines simply watching, visibly cocked his head.

“I, I don’t really… There’s been quite a few…” Debris said evasively, resisting the urge to flick her grandbaby off her head in embarrassment.

“Those three eggs right there mark 37 kids,” Fiona answered for him, and Arkose blinked, looking surprised as Cupcake gasped.

“That sounds like so much fun!” Cupcake exclaimed, hopping from foot to foot. He clearly had his mother’s energy. “That’s so many babies to play with!”

“Yeah, it’s, it’s nice,” Debris said with a blush, looking at the ceiling, bouncing her head slightly to distract her grandchild, who giggled.

Arkose stepped forward a bit, hesitant, but interested. “Have they all been in hopes of finding your charge?”

Nodding – and hearing Cupcake laugh as she did – Debris sat down and coiled her tail around her legs. “Yeah.”

“And have all of these nests had different fathers?” Arkose asked. Debris wanted to hide, but there was no judgement in his voice, simply curiosity. He was still being respectful, but Debris still felt uncomfortable. She nodded, and he asked “how many different dragons have you been with?”

Respectful or not, Debris recoiled from the invasive question. “How many dragons have you been with?” She shot back.

“Two,” he responded, showing no aggression or defensiveness despite Debris’ tone. “Once, with a shadow girl, and the other thirteen come from the same light dragoness, Florence.” He responded, starting to look rather far away. “She was… Kind to me. I had hoped my home would be there, but I never… It did not work out.” He replied quietly, and Debris felt bad for snapping.

“You’re Debris’ twelfth,” Fiona said after a moment, largely unhelpfully.

“You and your numbers!” Debris hissed back at her, and she heard Cupcake gasp on her head. Gods freaking, green and black little devil, just-

“That’s a lot of dragons!” Cupcake said, and Debris was ready to chastise him for being judgmental, and his little face hung down over her eyes and he looked at her with a grin. “You must be really popular!”

Debris blinked, bumping him back onto her head, and smiling slightly to herself. “I guess so,” she replied with a small smile, glancing around the nesting grounds. With a start, Debris realized that two other nests had her descendants and their mates in them. Her son, Yew was nesting with a spiral, and her granddaughter, Pianissimo, was nesting with a fae.

Looking down at her nest with her latest eggs, Debris realized she had dotted the bamboo stalks they rested in with little flowers and trinkets that Daunt had been gifting her with every time he returned from exploring the skies. She was surrounded by family – literally.

A small shudder worked its way through her body when the dots connected, and her jaws audibly clacked together, and Cupcake was vibrated off of her head, sliding down her neck to her back.

“Yo, Bri, you good?” Fiona asked, eye crest risen in confusion. Arkose had settled back down on his side of the nest, now paying little attention and looking rather pensive.

“Yeah, wow, sorry,” Debris said with a cleansing shake of the head, angling her wings to keep Cupcake supported on her back as he scrambled for purchase and then stabilized, looking giddy and insisting she do it again. “I don’t know what that was.”

“Freaky,” Fiona answered, “freaky is what it was.”

“Yeah, yeah,” Debris replied, and Arkose spoke up again.

“The eggs,” he said, and Debris straight up barked in surprise as Cupcake, coming fast from the air, hit the back of her head and scrambled forward to see. Off to the side, she heard Zircon gently shaking Candy awake, as she had fallen asleep on her kids at one point during the wait.

“Wha, I’m awake, huh-?” She started, and Zircon started waking their spiral kids, who had been the ones campaigning with Cupcake to come see the eggs hatch.

Unfortunately for them, they missed the first child pop her head of her egg, guardian features visible in the dying sunset light.

50197022_350.png

“She’s like you!” Cupcake exclaimed, next to her ear, again jarring Debris, who shushed him.

“She’s a guardian like me, but her appearance is all her father,” Debris said back, jerking her head to adjust Cupcake more center. “And be a little quieter, she’s fresh out of her shell.”

“We missed it!” Blackberry, the darker of Candy’s spiral kids, wailed from the side as the small family moved closer to see the children, and Candy shushed him.

“Not all of them,” she soothed as Fiona purposefully slunk further away from the loud spirals. “Look, there’s one now.”

And the babies remained quiet as the second egg broke into pieces, each mismatched collection of fragments falling away slowly as the hatchling inside of them tested the outside world.

50197023_350.png

“He’s like his dad!” Cupcake whispered excitedly, and Debris praised him for being quiet as Candy glanced up at her wayward nocturne son with a fond expression. “Like how my brother and sister are Mommy, and I’m Daddy,” Cupcake added, and Fiona piped up again.

“Oh, you’re definitely your Mommy as well,” Fiona added, snickering, at which Candy chose to look proud rather than take it as the snippity quip it was.

Debris, already entertaining one child, shifted closer to Arkose, only a bit awkwardly, and gently shooed their children over to him. He continued to look a bit far away, but his expression softened as he gently shepherded the kids closer to him. As the two new kids clumsily snuggled/mouthed at him and one another, the last egg fell over as a little paw broke out the bottom, pushing through the flimsy shell.

50197024_350.png

“Oh my…” Debris heard herself say, smiling wide at her latest daughter, who was still battling the last bits of shell around her back legs, breaking free and stumbling forward, squeaking.

“That was so cool,” Cupcake said from on her head, the small nocturne actually shaking from excitement on her head. “Eggs are so cool! I want to have a bunch of hatchlings too!”

“Alright, mister, we can talk about that later,” Candy said with a laugh, twirling up to snatch him off Debris and carry him back to his siblings, all three immediately talking all at once about the hatching they just witnessed. “Right now, we’re all gonna go to bed and visit the babies in the morning.”

A chorus of complaints arose from the kids, continuing as they were herded out by their parents, until Cupcake stuck his little head back and yelled “bye-bye babies, see you tomorrow!”

Barely hatched and not aware enough to know they were bring talked to, the babies simply continued to try and sleep or mouth on each other, and the nesting grounds finally started to calm down.

Later that night, as the babies slept, Arkose and Debris debated names for their kids. At one point, Daunt had come in and Fiona had gone, and Debris tried to get used to the fact that she was kind of dating Daunt, but was naming kids she just had with another dragon. Daunt seemed unbothered, and Arkose looked as far away as he did all day.

“The last one, the bigger guardian girl, she’s really bright?” Daunt said, trying to help Debris come up with names. “The other girl is bright too, but in a… Soft way.”

That got Arkose’s attention, and before Debris could respond, Arkose looked excited for pretty much the first time since Debris met him. “Oh! I have a name for her, then.” Head cocking a bit, only slightly jostling Daunt, Debris urged him on, and Arkose gently laid a paw on her head. “Florence.” The name of the light dragoness he had been with for much longer than Debris had ever been with anyone.

Debris felt decided less weird about being with Daunt after that display of loyalty.

“Sure,” Debris said, not addressing the name. “It’s pretty.” After a beat of thought, she then added, “how about Wildfire, for her sister?” Arkose nodded, and all that was left was to name their son.

And he stumped both of them.

Eventually, Debris spoke up, hesitant. “How about… Sweets? He looks bright like a pink flower, with sweet scent and nectar, and his wings look like spices and candies…” She was only basing this off of Candy and her assortment of food named children a little bit. Okay. A lot a bit.

Luckily for her, Arkose simply nodded. “Works for me.”

“They’re all lovely,” Daunt said after a moment, and Debris felt his tail flick happily against the top of her skull. “They look a lot different than most of your other kids, too.”

“Yeah,” Debris asked, a little bit distracted, gazing at Arkose. After a moment of thought, Debris asked “do you feel any closer to your goal?” She asked, staying non-specific. She didn’t want to get into too many details if Arkose didn’t feel like it right now.

Measuring her gaze, he asked her the same question, and Debris looked back over her three newest kids, all bundled up against her now.

None of them were her charge. And none of them made this space more like home to Arkose.

They would just have to keep searching.

Alright, again, I felt like I did Arkose dirty, and didn't fling him in enough, but we'll see what the future holds. I've started to write future chapters in my head depending on the dragon, and I have an idea in mind for the upcoming nest, so... We'll see what happens >.>

Anyway, Teddy is on a nest now, to be exalted once it hatches unless someone snatches him up, and Eros and Philia will be given the same treatment in a couple days unless taken. Meanwhile, Florence, Sweets, and Wildfire are all up for grabs, newly hatched lovelies that they are, and I'm about to go do some next chapter planning! We gonna have ARCS, people!

(P.S. ... I named him Sweets cause every single color on him is something edible; Bubblegum, Cinnamon, Chocolate lol)

Edit: I FORGOT TO PUT THE FREAKING PINGLIST THE FIRST TIME I POSTED THIS. XD I'm big dumb

40617218.png

Are You My Charge?
100 Hatchling Challenge!

56852904.png
Fated For Greatness
A Pinkerlocke
@DragonPrincess27 hnnnn I know I'm terrible at responding to the chapters but I swear I've read them all and I still adore this.. I really like how you are developing Debris as a character beyond just her Search, and how you are pulling the mates in as their own characters rather than just plot devices (for the most part). That being said, I came here with the purpose of seeing if I can snatch up that baby Wildfire?? I have an irrational need for a new dragon and I would love a fiery girl, particularly with lore connections like this... Edit: I shouldn't have gone to the scrying workshop and dressing room, now I'm making myself Suffer with anticipation [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dummy?breed=2&gender=1&skin=0&apparel=6705,25020,25019,15717,25022,299,25024,20852,15749,25025,28807,20851,22046&xt=dressing.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=169&bodygene=15&breed=2&element=3&eyetype=2&gender=1&tert=47&tertgene=13&winggene=23&wings=171&auth=982a7fa6f53196cd7f7e941ffcf317cb2ded8aa3&dummyext=prev.png[/img]
@DragonPrincess27 hnnnn I know I'm terrible at responding to the chapters but I swear I've read them all and I still adore this.. I really like how you are developing Debris as a character beyond just her Search, and how you are pulling the mates in as their own characters rather than just plot devices (for the most part).

That being said, I came here with the purpose of seeing if I can snatch up that baby Wildfire?? I have an irrational need for a new dragon and I would love a fiery girl, particularly with lore connections like this...
Edit: I shouldn't have gone to the scrying workshop and dressing room, now I'm making myself Suffer with anticipation
dummy?breed=2&gender=1&skin=0&apparel=6705,25020,25019,15717,25022,299,25024,20852,15749,25025,28807,20851,22046&xt=dressing.png
dragon?age=1&body=169&bodygene=15&breed=2&element=3&eyetype=2&gender=1&tert=47&tertgene=13&winggene=23&wings=171&auth=982a7fa6f53196cd7f7e941ffcf317cb2ded8aa3&dummyext=prev.png
Wishlist (for now)
@DragonPrincess27 Yo take all the time you need to respond.

My lair space is also extremely sweaty. I keep adopting and breeding Naomi decendents, help

Debris kids look like easter eggs. They are welcoming SPRINGTIME.

@Redtiger7736 That's a great scry!
@DragonPrincess27 Yo take all the time you need to respond.

My lair space is also extremely sweaty. I keep adopting and breeding Naomi decendents, help

Debris kids look like easter eggs. They are welcoming SPRINGTIME.

@Redtiger7736 That's a great scry!
Hey when Sweets grows up, could I possibly take him off your hands? He would go rather nicely with my snapper lady, Cookie!
Hey when Sweets grows up, could I possibly take him off your hands? He would go rather nicely with my snapper lady, Cookie!
hwxM86P.png FR+1
She/her pronouns!
Freelance artist
ShaDOM Discord
(open to all!)
gold_sword.gif galaxy_love.gif jmOzXMH.png
@DragonPrincess27 I stumbled upon this at 2:50 in the morning. It's now 3:10 am. PLEASE add me to the ping list! Please please please! Also, do you need new blood? This boy [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=50046857] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/500469/50046857_350.png[/img] [/url] could come to visit and have a nest with Debris. He looks like he's dark, brooding, dangerous. But really, he's just a soft floof boy who...I'm think he's part of the snow patrol, but one of the few dragons who are willing to fly during meteor storms (meteors=shooting stars=stardust)?
@DragonPrincess27
I stumbled upon this at 2:50 in the morning. It's now 3:10 am.

PLEASE add me to the ping list! Please please please!

Also, do you need new blood? This boy
50046857_350.png
could come to visit and have a nest with Debris.

He looks like he's dark, brooding, dangerous. But really, he's just a soft floof boy who...I'm think he's part of the snow patrol, but one of the few dragons who are willing to fly during meteor storms (meteors=shooting stars=stardust)?
H5oS9j0.png
Please ping me even if you're not interested in the dragons I show you :)
AWWw eruigjtrrtyfy!!!

god this update was so cute, the way you do different character voices and actions in their own ways just makes me so happy. And hoo boi i was rereading the entire series to refresh myself after the hiatus and the slow progression of debris's character is so cool! You can really feel how she's changed from the first few entries. She's a lot more guarded, and pragmatic?

The ending of this one especially was really good - I love how gently both she and Arkose realize they're going to have to keep on looking. The way your writing continues developing relationships while really keeping the ebb and flow between dramatic tension and more low-key but nuanced character growth is really cool.
I have no idea if that made any sense, I'm just hyp to be reading these again.

I've been writing more lately myself and I'm not really all that excellent but I get so excited to try more when I read yours, although most of my flightrising stuff is just plotted out character facts and worldbuilding. Please inform Debris her daughter is a poly lesbian bandit queen who's trying to run a debate club in a berserker/thief clan. I have no idea how she'll take the news but I just sometimes forget Dawn is originally Debris's daughter and it makes Dawn's continued exploits funnier every time I do remember.

( daunt = best boi )
AWWw eruigjtrrtyfy!!!

god this update was so cute, the way you do different character voices and actions in their own ways just makes me so happy. And hoo boi i was rereading the entire series to refresh myself after the hiatus and the slow progression of debris's character is so cool! You can really feel how she's changed from the first few entries. She's a lot more guarded, and pragmatic?

The ending of this one especially was really good - I love how gently both she and Arkose realize they're going to have to keep on looking. The way your writing continues developing relationships while really keeping the ebb and flow between dramatic tension and more low-key but nuanced character growth is really cool.
I have no idea if that made any sense, I'm just hyp to be reading these again.

I've been writing more lately myself and I'm not really all that excellent but I get so excited to try more when I read yours, although most of my flightrising stuff is just plotted out character facts and worldbuilding. Please inform Debris her daughter is a poly lesbian bandit queen who's trying to run a debate club in a berserker/thief clan. I have no idea how she'll take the news but I just sometimes forget Dawn is originally Debris's daughter and it makes Dawn's continued exploits funnier every time I do remember.

( daunt = best boi )
jIRALXN.pngNBJG3D5.gif
@DragonPrincess27 Ooh, I loved his chapter!! I kinda want to know more about Arkose, will we see him again before he goes off to continue searching for his home? :0 Also, could I nab Philia? She has some nice potential! [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=73&bodygene=22&breed=2&element=3&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=11&tertgene=16&winggene=24&wings=116&auth=abb5a5a4fc488ce24236f2d32108e9e21896b364&dummyext=prev.png[/img]
@DragonPrincess27
Ooh, I loved his chapter!! I kinda want to know more about Arkose, will we see him again before he goes off to continue searching for his home? :0
Also, could I nab Philia? She has some nice potential!
dragon?age=1&body=73&bodygene=22&breed=2&element=3&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=11&tertgene=16&winggene=24&wings=116&auth=abb5a5a4fc488ce24236f2d32108e9e21896b364&dummyext=prev.png
vjFLC.gif she/her
ace/bi
+2 FR time
forever rambling
@Rosesinger thank you! I wanted something a little darker for her primary and skink worked perfectly, plus its like Debris so that's perfect. I'm just 2 hours away from having her primary done
@Rosesinger thank you! I wanted something a little darker for her primary and skink worked perfectly, plus its like Debris so that's perfect. I'm just 2 hours away from having her primary done
Wishlist (for now)
@Redtiger7736 Excellent! May Baldwin boil up your gene brilliantly.
@Redtiger7736 Excellent! May Baldwin boil up your gene brilliantly.
1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 21 22