Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Do you gene non gen1s?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16
Do you gene dragons that aren't gen1s? Especially gem gene dragons. If so is it for personal dragon appeal reasons or hatchery reasons?
Do you gene dragons that aren't gen1s? Especially gem gene dragons. If so is it for personal dragon appeal reasons or hatchery reasons?
I certainly do! Mostly for personal reasons or to make my fandragons. For me, pretty is pretty and I don't mind "wasting" the gems and resources on a G2+ dragon because the joy I get with them sitting in my lair is more than worth it!
I certainly do! Mostly for personal reasons or to make my fandragons. For me, pretty is pretty and I don't mind "wasting" the gems and resources on a G2+ dragon because the joy I get with them sitting in my lair is more than worth it!
xxxArt of a black and grey wildclaw with green capsule leaping in the air with a big grin. They/Them with non-binary pride flag
Aroace with pride flag
FR Time +3
Student
Lore Info
Art of a red wildclaw from the neck up with pink feathers. Art Shop
Art Dump
Wishlist
Fandragons
Art of a green mirror plushie with brown button eyes.
We don't collect gen1s and cannot find the purpose of constantly trying to find the perfect g1 when we can get an extremely pretty dragon for fodder price and give them the love they were never intended to have
We don't collect gen1s and cannot find the purpose of constantly trying to find the perfect g1 when we can get an extremely pretty dragon for fodder price and give them the love they were never intended to have
3ab5c778.gifJupiter/Ben • She/Nix/Nova/Voi • FR+0 • Art ShopWishlist 3ab5c778.gif
Nope. I did a looong time ago before I was into G1s, and now I only splurge on G1s because they're "special" to me bc of their different lineage. It's a bit like a symbol of effort / wealth I've put into my dragons, considering G1s are already expensive.
Nope. I did a looong time ago before I was into G1s, and now I only splurge on G1s because they're "special" to me bc of their different lineage. It's a bit like a symbol of effort / wealth I've put into my dragons, considering G1s are already expensive.
wlLXM.gif
Yes! Especially if I want a dragon of a very specific color. Some of my favorite dragons are non g1s who I gened up from scratch.
Yes! Especially if I want a dragon of a very specific color. Some of my favorite dragons are non g1s who I gened up from scratch.
Accent shopCBsJXZk.gif Accent: Moonlight Halo Buy!
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/81295556][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/812956/81295556_350.png[/img][/url] He was a breeding project reject/fodder, but then Jester came out and [i]oh my Gladekeeper.[/i] I alternated between exalting him and geneing him for probably a month or two before I decided to yolo and make him beautiful. No regrets!
81295556_350.png

He was a breeding project reject/fodder, but then Jester came out and oh my Gladekeeper. I alternated between exalting him and geneing him for probably a month or two before I decided to yolo and make him beautiful. No regrets!
♥loveyourself♥
1t4XtaG.png
cRHDWyx.png
EIm5dF9.png
tumblr_inline_p81uu9TKgf1tsrqpm_75sq.gif
ll0CfnD.png
Nf8E9Zp.png
QOzSXsE.png
2ou3Y3v.png
♥lovenature♥
Yeah of course. Both for personal projects and to get a pair going. For my dusthide breeding pair I had to convert two sandsurges for that (gem gened) pair.

I don't see any difference really.
Yeah of course. Both for personal projects and to get a pair going. For my dusthide breeding pair I had to convert two sandsurges for that (gem gened) pair.

I don't see any difference really.
Hjönk Hjönk Am Goose
its the price you have to pay when you like unpopular breeds and rare color combos, there's only 2 dragons i haven't applied a single gene or breed change scroll to and one of them was a dragonwish project so they came to me prefect already. also swapping between moderns and ancients kind of necessitates that, just had a project i had to change from an undertide to snapper. here is my most recent project so you can see what i mean [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/932053/93205231_350.png[/img] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=50&bodygene=12&breed=14&element=4&eyetype=15&gender=0&tert=149&tertgene=10&winggene=113&wings=100&auth=ee3a9c92396211acd5a5b0b509e02a35a497fe23&dummyext=prev.png[/img]
its the price you have to pay when you like unpopular breeds and rare color combos, there's only 2 dragons i haven't applied a single gene or breed change scroll to and one of them was a dragonwish project so they came to me prefect already. also swapping between moderns and ancients kind of necessitates that, just had a project i had to change from an undertide to snapper.

here is my most recent project so you can see what i mean
93205231_350.png
dragon?age=1&body=50&bodygene=12&breed=14&element=4&eyetype=15&gender=0&tert=149&tertgene=10&winggene=113&wings=100&auth=ee3a9c92396211acd5a5b0b509e02a35a497fe23&dummyext=prev.png
golden line with blue and white pearls and diamonds
sometimes!! it really depends on if im feeling the original genes or not!
sometimes!! it really depends on if im feeling the original genes or not!
MefH354.png
Very much yes! Most of my permas are g2+ because I've never cared about the generation of my dragons and many of them I've had for a very long time so they're irreplaceable to me... but some of them definitely needed some sprucing up after I came back from my hiatus! Not everyone's genes and breeds fit the image of them I had in my head, so I will happily spend my treasure and gems on them to make them right...

Most of my fandragons also require a fair bit of gene changes because well... I have very specific color and gene plans for them, so I often have to gene them myself. And the colors are much easier to find on g2+s, especially since if it comes down to it, I can breed them myself. I can't sit around waiting for the perfectly colored g1 to be "worth" giving genes to to show up when I'm so picky with my color choices.

All my dragons are worth the investment. They're my dragons, simple as that, and I will gene them however I want regardless of their generation.
Very much yes! Most of my permas are g2+ because I've never cared about the generation of my dragons and many of them I've had for a very long time so they're irreplaceable to me... but some of them definitely needed some sprucing up after I came back from my hiatus! Not everyone's genes and breeds fit the image of them I had in my head, so I will happily spend my treasure and gems on them to make them right...

Most of my fandragons also require a fair bit of gene changes because well... I have very specific color and gene plans for them, so I often have to gene them myself. And the colors are much easier to find on g2+s, especially since if it comes down to it, I can breed them myself. I can't sit around waiting for the perfectly colored g1 to be "worth" giving genes to to show up when I'm so picky with my color choices.

All my dragons are worth the investment. They're my dragons, simple as that, and I will gene them however I want regardless of their generation.
A pink recolor of the hydrena watertoy. Click here to see my current avatar dragon!
My username is W1F1N1GHTM4R3, there are no vowels (only numbers), so if you don't think you can spell it properly, just copy+paste it please!

Current Project: pjsekai fandragon outfits
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16