Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Do you gene non gen1s?
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 15 16
Back when I wasn't a G1 collector, yes. My now oldies from back then were only ever a handful of generations from G1. Nowadays I only buy G1s or, on a blue moon a G2 if it's a progen baby.

For a gen x there-are-so-many-ancestors-I'd-be-here-all-day-trying-to-find-a-G1-in-there dragon? Absolutely not, not unless I'd bred it myself and it had amazingly good colours. To each their own, but to me unless it's for a strikingly nice hatchery pair I'd likely never waste gem genes on a gen x, not when I have G1 projects.
Back when I wasn't a G1 collector, yes. My now oldies from back then were only ever a handful of generations from G1. Nowadays I only buy G1s or, on a blue moon a G2 if it's a progen baby.

For a gen x there-are-so-many-ancestors-I'd-be-here-all-day-trying-to-find-a-G1-in-there dragon? Absolutely not, not unless I'd bred it myself and it had amazingly good colours. To each their own, but to me unless it's for a strikingly nice hatchery pair I'd likely never waste gem genes on a gen x, not when I have G1 projects.
natureshieldl.png NIJBYPt.png uRC0U7k.png NIJBYPt.png natureshieldr.png
Yep, all the time! Most of the dragons that come into my lair get at least one gene or breed change. Usually it's just personal dragon enjoyment reasons.

I'm not picky about dragon generation and enjoy both g1 projects and g+ projects. In fact, sometimes I prefer g+ projects because:
- they might be descended from my progens or other lore families, so they have sentimental value
- dramatic glowups! I find it's often more dramatic/visually impressive to transform a dragon with preexisting "ugly"/"clashing" genes, instead of a blank slate g1
- the dragon not having any "objective" worth gives me a warmer feeling of them being special just because I said so

I'm generally hesitant to buy modern gem genes, but that goes for anyone, g1/g+ alike.
Yep, all the time! Most of the dragons that come into my lair get at least one gene or breed change. Usually it's just personal dragon enjoyment reasons.

I'm not picky about dragon generation and enjoy both g1 projects and g+ projects. In fact, sometimes I prefer g+ projects because:
- they might be descended from my progens or other lore families, so they have sentimental value
- dramatic glowups! I find it's often more dramatic/visually impressive to transform a dragon with preexisting "ugly"/"clashing" genes, instead of a blank slate g1
- the dragon not having any "objective" worth gives me a warmer feeling of them being special just because I said so

I'm generally hesitant to buy modern gem genes, but that goes for anyone, g1/g+ alike.
Bubbly Buddy Razanei Lineage Project
Virtual Hibden
Breed Out the Ugly Challenge
Yes, but only non-gem genes. I don't collect G1s and sometimes I find a dragon with nice colors but gene's I don't care for.
Yes, but only non-gem genes. I don't collect G1s and sometimes I find a dragon with nice colors but gene's I don't care for.
ixS0Z25.png
Yeah I'll gene and even breed change any dragon, with any genes, to any genes/breed. I am picky with aesthetics and this helps immensely when I have a specific idea in mind.
Yeah I'll gene and even breed change any dragon, with any genes, to any genes/breed. I am picky with aesthetics and this helps immensely when I have a specific idea in mind.
rI2B9a8.png
Usually only if its a unique color combo (I have a few dragons in my lair that are firsts/onlys on the site)

Or if I get a primal eye type and I intend on keeping it
Usually only if its a unique color combo (I have a few dragons in my lair that are firsts/onlys on the site)

Or if I get a primal eye type and I intend on keeping it
VGxuHXT.png
For personal dragon appeal reasons, yes. Though if I really want a mate for a dragon, I guess I'd do that as well. It's like redesigning for me, if I don't like something about a dragon, I have to fix it, so I stay in love with all of them. I don't really care much about whether they're a G1 or G2+. Especially if they're sentimental to me. I recently turned this g2+ into a Dustie with strike/coil. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/94195863][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/941959/94195863_350.png[/img][/url]
For personal dragon appeal reasons, yes. Though if I really want a mate for a dragon, I guess I'd do that as well. It's like redesigning for me, if I don't like something about a dragon, I have to fix it, so I stay in love with all of them. I don't really care much about whether they're a G1 or G2+. Especially if they're sentimental to me. I recently turned this g2+ into a Dustie with strike/coil.

94195863_350.png
fav FR colour: spruce
fav FR gene combo: pinstripe/trail/glimmer
fav FR breed: coatl
w8o0xW1.png ping me please
they/them
Yes, I'm not a G1 collector so the only real benefit to G1 is for breeding compatibility. If I think a dragon would look cool with changed genes, I don't care the generation.

In general I try not to scry gem genes, but generation is not a factor in this, and I often end up wanting gem genes anyway.
Yes, I'm not a G1 collector so the only real benefit to G1 is for breeding compatibility. If I think a dragon would look cool with changed genes, I don't care the generation.

In general I try not to scry gem genes, but generation is not a factor in this, and I often end up wanting gem genes anyway.
they/them
I do! For both personal and hatchery reasons. I prefer giving genes to G1s and G2s though!
I do! For both personal and hatchery reasons. I prefer giving genes to G1s and G2s though!
I absolutely gene non-g1s; if I want a design and it's not available, that kinda tends to be my option. After all, you can't non-randomly change the colors a dragon has, so like... yeah, I'll pick up a pair and breed for right element and colors (ideally for gem genes too, but you can't always get what you want in that regard).

...I'm also occasionally guilty of violating the "DON'T SCRY THE FODDER" rule, heh...
I absolutely gene non-g1s; if I want a design and it's not available, that kinda tends to be my option. After all, you can't non-randomly change the colors a dragon has, so like... yeah, I'll pick up a pair and breed for right element and colors (ideally for gem genes too, but you can't always get what you want in that regard).

...I'm also occasionally guilty of violating the "DON'T SCRY THE FODDER" rule, heh...
a small yellow and gold flag with the Light Flight's symbol
She/Her, FR +0
No worms in my username-
R e n a i w o m
I like being pinged, but not mass ones.
I often process thoughts by writing... Trying to TL;DR more.

Sometimes, mainly if they're my progens' kids or other triple-basics.
Tobias | He/Him | Fiesta de Muertos and The Flying Trapeze (100 hatchling challenges)
Regarding forum games, please only select dragons who have familiars - those are the permanent residents of my lair. Feel free to look through the hibernal den, too
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 15 16