Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Do you gene non gen1s?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16
Of course! That's what the gene scrolls are there for, to be used on dragons. I've done whole breeding projects to get the exact colors I want so I can gene them and get the perfect scry. I could probably point out a dozen dragons in my lair that I've gened up from scratch who AREN'T g1s. And a few older fellas who've gotten makeovers, too.

I think it's silly to feel like using genes on a g2+ dragon is a "waste" as if g1s are inherently superior just because they're expensive. My dragons aren't investments or displays of wealth, they're pretty dragons I want in my lair. I understand why the g1 enthusiasts do think this way, but I can't empathize. Just because g1s are special doesn't mean non-g1s aren't worth loving!
Of course! That's what the gene scrolls are there for, to be used on dragons. I've done whole breeding projects to get the exact colors I want so I can gene them and get the perfect scry. I could probably point out a dozen dragons in my lair that I've gened up from scratch who AREN'T g1s. And a few older fellas who've gotten makeovers, too.

I think it's silly to feel like using genes on a g2+ dragon is a "waste" as if g1s are inherently superior just because they're expensive. My dragons aren't investments or displays of wealth, they're pretty dragons I want in my lair. I understand why the g1 enthusiasts do think this way, but I can't empathize. Just because g1s are special doesn't mean non-g1s aren't worth loving!
myosotis Sela, she/her, FR+3
Jewelry Box Fae Subspecies
Official Lightning Subspecies
Ultimate Dragon Color Guide
Lore
_______________________Jewelry Box Fae subspecies
I didn't even realize this was a mindset. xD

I absolutely gene my gen+2 dragons. I'm all about visuals so if I like a color combo but not the genes, I'll give the genes I want for them. I've got several dragons with their "future" selves in their bios.
I didn't even realize this was a mindset. xD

I absolutely gene my gen+2 dragons. I'm all about visuals so if I like a color combo but not the genes, I'll give the genes I want for them. I've got several dragons with their "future" selves in their bios.
Flight%20Rising%20133_zps595k2vfn.jpg
All the time c:
All the time c:
S5A5nQt.png
"He he he... Crazy? Cicero?
He he he he! That's... madness..." ot3gL.gif
RyD5FgM.gif
Most of the time the dragons I buy already have the genes they need, but more recently, they have been the end result of breeding projects. VERY RARELY do those have the genes I need them to, lol. I tend to like XYZ's that are inactive before I get to them, so I do gene them.
Most of the time the dragons I buy already have the genes they need, but more recently, they have been the end result of breeding projects. VERY RARELY do those have the genes I need them to, lol. I tend to like XYZ's that are inactive before I get to them, so I do gene them.
If I care about the dragon, you bet it's *** it's gonna get gened... <3
If I care about the dragon, you bet it's *** it's gonna get gened... <3
wqnTQE2.png Adult Player | She/they | 3+ FR Time | Wishlist
  • Nothing's new nothing's new...
Absolutely. I like to scry from scratch and hope a dragon exists with those colors, and then start spending money. Other times a dragon demands a makeover. Why limit myself?

G1s with good colors are usually expensive, and I’m not risking an ugly hatchling when I can sell the egg and get several pretty dragons with the money I’ve earned. I also prefer dragons whose history I can trace, so that’s another factor.
Absolutely. I like to scry from scratch and hope a dragon exists with those colors, and then start spending money. Other times a dragon demands a makeover. Why limit myself?

G1s with good colors are usually expensive, and I’m not risking an ugly hatchling when I can sell the egg and get several pretty dragons with the money I’ve earned. I also prefer dragons whose history I can trace, so that’s another factor.
Yes.
Yes.
Yes, I don't really care for G1s, I just grab any dragon that can match a skin or that suddenly gives me an idea for apparel.
Yes, I don't really care for G1s, I just grab any dragon that can match a skin or that suddenly gives me an idea for apparel.
J2vNoME.gif > FR time +4
> Artfol
> Avatar dragon
> PING ME. I love getting silly notifs
> This will be prettier someday
oui. if dragon = nice colors —> looks even cooler with genes… they gettin’ gened up
oui. if dragon = nice colors —> looks even cooler with genes… they gettin’ gened up
1cLgG.gif iThnL.gif 3sLnG.gif MWWgm.gif zHnJk.gif wLVzm.gif fJCYy.gif
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/42248203][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/422483/42248203_350.png[/img][/url] This fellow was a triple basic guardian fodder rescue when I got him XD So although I don't often do so, clearly I will XD
42248203_350.png
This fellow was a triple basic guardian fodder rescue when I got him XD

So although I don't often do so, clearly I will XD
OjYCOIV.png BiXaltQ.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16