Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Do you gene non gen1s?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16
i do, but normally that g2+ are in some way special, like primals, interesting IDs, Fandragons, and dragons with interesting stories. The Fateweaver is a great example of this, she has a very interesting story as to why she exists which you can read in her bio, i fully regened her and started a lineage for her. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/93119700][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/931198/93119700_350.png[/img][/url]
i do, but normally that g2+ are in some way special, like primals, interesting IDs, Fandragons, and dragons with interesting stories.

The Fateweaver is a great example of this, she has a very interesting story as to why she exists which you can read in her bio, i fully regened her and started a lineage for her.
93119700_350.png
jellyfishspace.gif .
7UXlQKU.gif
OPS7bfK.png
BTRr72z.png
NOP5viO.png
mqW8lnj.png
Hello! im Jellyinspace
you can call me Jelly or Jellyfish.

Check out the IC for my new Hatchling UMA!
Skin: Curse the Night
^i made this^
get it here
[/url]
If I have a specific idea in mind and no gen1s exist/are for sale in the color scheme I need, I will absolutely gene em up. Also, if I get really attached to an offspring, but the genes don't fit for whatever reason or new ones come out I will re-gene them as well.
If I have a specific idea in mind and no gen1s exist/are for sale in the color scheme I need, I will absolutely gene em up. Also, if I get really attached to an offspring, but the genes don't fit for whatever reason or new ones come out I will re-gene them as well.
Hail Derek and hope for the best!
C41-B82-D4-74-CF-41-F7-82-B0-DDEF5-B909503.gif C41-B82-D4-74-CF-41-F7-82-B0-DDEF5-B909503.gif C41-B82-D4-74-CF-41-F7-82-B0-DDEF5-B909503.gif
yes! less often than g1s tho. usually for fandragons or to match a skin/accent better
yes! less often than g1s tho. usually for fandragons or to match a skin/accent better
Pale Pink Rose
+2 hours, she/her :)
there is no 'r' in my user!
accent shop
wishlist
ISO aug 26 2023 hatches
All the time. Why? To get what I want. I don't care about Gen1 vs any other generation.
All the time. Why? To get what I want. I don't care about Gen1 vs any other generation.
pUaAvHp.pngKNAvkWg.pngbQXuoer.pngtRvToEi.gif67zHSWd.png6CDnDt4.png
I gene gen2 imperials.
Primarially because its the closest I'll probably ever come to a gen1 imperial.
I gene gen2 imperials.
Primarially because its the closest I'll probably ever come to a gen1 imperial.
Seeking Gen1 Flaxen/Midnight,Steel-Abyss/Midnight,Steel-Abyss
KHOiAv3.pnglPpogfJ.pngxGzwQab.pngwsU1mG4.pngdO6FQIW.pnghrbqzip.png7ESWNLx.png7XPr7wW.pngTBH15GG.pngHGGhJuM.pngRYy3HXn.pngU4YPA7B.pngB5yHFLM.png

scribblesisonlydoodling.gif

Koi%20Signature_zpsphzlcqrx.png[/columns]v2.png

oc4pg8L.png

lightsmall3_by_lichtdrache-da7ztog.png

JscoHOG.png

SgonDOb.png
yep! oldies, G2 Imps, glitched dergs, hatchdate dergs, etc. doesn't matter if they're not G1; if i like 'em for a specific reason, then i'm gonna make 'em pretty. no matter how much it hurts my wallet
yep! oldies, G2 Imps, glitched dergs, hatchdate dergs, etc. doesn't matter if they're not G1; if i like 'em for a specific reason, then i'm gonna make 'em pretty. no matter how much it hurts my wallet
yellow flag icon linking to After's Lair Directory
After
They/them

< Lair Directory
Sig Spotlight >
Coliseum banner showing After's avatar dragon, a steel blue and black Spiral.Coliseum banner showing a black and red Coatl.
Coliseum banner showing a Wildclaw with flames and a soot-covered face.Coliseum banner showing a black and beige Skydancer.
Yep! I do it all the time if I like certain genes on them better than what they were born with and I often breed change non gen1s into ancients when they release. I have even given Contstellation to a non gen1 Coatl. ^^
Yep! I do it all the time if I like certain genes on them better than what they were born with and I often breed change non gen1s into ancients when they release. I have even given Contstellation to a non gen1 Coatl. ^^
DpIE0I4.png 66670354p.png
ytkEBod.png
FMoJ9vk.png
RDt6LqI.png
BAYHRHf.png
97xO4MG.png
This site is for making pretty dragons and by god will I make them pretty! G1 or not does not make a difference to me whatsoever. I will absolutely buy gem genes too if it's what I want for my vision. 98% of my lair is non-G1s that I gened up differently from how I acquired them.

The idea of only geneing G1s is so strange to me. I'd never limit myself like that.
This site is for making pretty dragons and by god will I make them pretty! G1 or not does not make a difference to me whatsoever. I will absolutely buy gem genes too if it's what I want for my vision. 98% of my lair is non-G1s that I gened up differently from how I acquired them.

The idea of only geneing G1s is so strange to me. I'd never limit myself like that.
CLljvdp.png
[quote name="CreatesGod" date="2024-05-02 20:51:34" ] This site is for making pretty dragons and by god will I make them pretty! G1 or not does not make a difference to me whatsoever. I will absolutely buy gem genes too if it's what I want for my vision. 98% of my lair is non-G1s that I gened up differently from how I acquired them. The idea of only geneing G1s is so strange to me. I'd never limit myself like that. [/quote] this. everyone gets gened in my lair (unless you're fodder or you already look pretty)
CreatesGod wrote on 2024-05-02 20:51:34:

this. everyone gets gened in my lair (unless you're fodder or you already look pretty)
officer, i drop kicked that child in self defense
~
fr +17 • she / her
Of course! That's what the gene scrolls are there for, to be used on dragons. I've done whole breeding projects to get the exact colors I want so I can gene them and get the perfect scry. I could probably point out a dozen dragons in my lair that I've gened up from scratch who AREN'T g1s. And a few older fellas who've gotten makeovers, too.

I think it's silly to feel like using genes on a g2+ dragon is a "waste" as if g1s are inherently superior just because they're expensive. My dragons aren't investments or displays of wealth, they're pretty dragons I want in my lair. I understand why the g1 enthusiasts do think this way, but I can't empathize. Just because g1s are special doesn't mean non-g1s aren't worth loving!
Of course! That's what the gene scrolls are there for, to be used on dragons. I've done whole breeding projects to get the exact colors I want so I can gene them and get the perfect scry. I could probably point out a dozen dragons in my lair that I've gened up from scratch who AREN'T g1s. And a few older fellas who've gotten makeovers, too.

I think it's silly to feel like using genes on a g2+ dragon is a "waste" as if g1s are inherently superior just because they're expensive. My dragons aren't investments or displays of wealth, they're pretty dragons I want in my lair. I understand why the g1 enthusiasts do think this way, but I can't empathize. Just because g1s are special doesn't mean non-g1s aren't worth loving!
myosotis Sela, she/her, FR+3
Jewelry Box Fae Subspecies
Official Lightning Subspecies
Ultimate Dragon Color Guide
Lore
_______________________Jewelry Box Fae subspecies
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16