Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Do you gene non gen1s?
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16
my general policy is that i only apply treasure genes to g2+ dragons, and t or g genes to g1s, because if i spend all that money i want something to "show" for it. if i have a dreamie dragon that has gem genes, then i'll start a bteeding project for it :>
my general policy is that i only apply treasure genes to g2+ dragons, and t or g genes to g1s, because if i spend all that money i want something to "show" for it. if i have a dreamie dragon that has gem genes, then i'll start a bteeding project for it :>
tumblr_inline_njw5imw9Dw1qg2i5p.gif kipper
he/they • fr+8
___
lore shop (closed until may)
pfp dragon
about me
__HLmowjw.png
Constantly - hell, I think I have only one or two dragons I haven't changed in some way over the years. G1s are a nice bonus, sure, but colours are what really matter to me... Especially since half the scries I come up with are combos that don't exist yet, G1 or otherwise. *headdesk*
Constantly - hell, I think I have only one or two dragons I haven't changed in some way over the years. G1s are a nice bonus, sure, but colours are what really matter to me... Especially since half the scries I come up with are combos that don't exist yet, G1 or otherwise. *headdesk*
ZSHaQMJ.gif
vDmNeIH.png
Not currently, no. Why spend time and money on genes when someone has probably already done all the work for me, and the result is patiently waiting for me somewhere? That said, I am eyeing up some of my older G2+ dragons who I think could use a little glow-up sometime in the future.
Not currently, no. Why spend time and money on genes when someone has probably already done all the work for me, and the result is patiently waiting for me somewhere? That said, I am eyeing up some of my older G2+ dragons who I think could use a little glow-up sometime in the future.
_________ CkbRBhK.gif _ Moondyne | fr time +17 | "If it's meant to happen it'll happen anyway"
I mostly care about the colours of the dragon I'm buying & the cost of said dragon. Genes are expensive anyway, I'd rather pretty up a cheap dragon than spend a lot on a dragon I'm gonna re-gene anyway.
I mostly care about the colours of the dragon I'm buying & the cost of said dragon. Genes are expensive anyway, I'd rather pretty up a cheap dragon than spend a lot on a dragon I'm gonna re-gene anyway.
Life is just a neat example of electromagnetic force!
Yeah. Sometimes they just look pretty, sometimes I don't want to breed the already rare color combo just to have the genes I want. Sometimes they're just cool and I wanna gene them. I gave a G6+ a Wildclaw scroll and 3 gem genes before, if they're my dragons I'll do whatever I feel like with em
Yeah. Sometimes they just look pretty, sometimes I don't want to breed the already rare color combo just to have the genes I want. Sometimes they're just cool and I wanna gene them. I gave a G6+ a Wildclaw scroll and 3 gem genes before, if they're my dragons I'll do whatever I feel like with em
wUPafb6.png
RGeeKht.pngdeathseeker_caw_inv_zpsxpt2usp7.gif
All the time. If I feel attached to a dragon, I'll gene them. Can be for a number of reasons. That they had some special quality that made them cool (IDs, age, etc.), gorgeous colours, I wanted a mate for another dragon, for lore reasons, or because I'm collecting certain types of dragons. Other times it's an oldie who'd look gorgeous with a newly released gene, or I just took an awful lot of time deciding on what to do with them (or grew bored with their old appearance). [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/90085716][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/900858/90085716_350.png[/img][/url] Haidee is a good example. Nothing on him is original, he got a breed change and everything. I bought him purely to set up a crack pairing with another bane to breed glider banes with the most atrocious colour range possible - while still making sure Haidee actually looked good (and then i never applied the glider gene I bought for him, because flameforger looked better).
All the time. If I feel attached to a dragon, I'll gene them. Can be for a number of reasons. That they had some special quality that made them cool (IDs, age, etc.), gorgeous colours, I wanted a mate for another dragon, for lore reasons, or because I'm collecting certain types of dragons. Other times it's an oldie who'd look gorgeous with a newly released gene, or I just took an awful lot of time deciding on what to do with them (or grew bored with their old appearance).

90085716_350.png

Haidee is a good example. Nothing on him is original, he got a breed change and everything. I bought him purely to set up a crack pairing with another bane to breed glider banes with the most atrocious colour range possible - while still making sure Haidee actually looked good (and then i never applied the glider gene I bought for him, because flameforger looked better).
yep! while i would rather splurge on g1s, i'd still put the same work in dazzling up a g2+ derg since it's really the colors i'm looking for! most of what catches my eye are xyz combos, and it's a lot easier just grabbing fodder with the exact colors instead of waiting aages for the right g1 (much less spending money on mass hatches, or even auctions)

yep! while i would rather splurge on g1s, i'd still put the same work in dazzling up a g2+ derg since it's really the colors i'm looking for! most of what catches my eye are xyz combos, and it's a lot easier just grabbing fodder with the exact colors instead of waiting aages for the right g1 (much less spending money on mass hatches, or even auctions)

21402.png x [ alastrcs. ]

fish around find trout
any pronouns! pts for creativity
fr+15 timezone
Totally! Most of my dragons are gen 2+ and I have spent an insane amount of my FR money buying genes for them X3

Buy dragon bc interesting on the auctionhouse -> scry out of curiosity -> lose all my money -> happy!!
Totally! Most of my dragons are gen 2+ and I have spent an insane amount of my FR money buying genes for them X3

Buy dragon bc interesting on the auctionhouse -> scry out of curiosity -> lose all my money -> happy!!
J9cpo9x.png183.png
I don't think I own a single dragon I haven't given some sort of scroll (gene scroll, breed scroll, silhouette scroll or scatter scroll) at some point. I just don't see the point of buying a dragon that's already "done", yeah? If they already exist and look fine without my intervention, then I don't need them ^^. I also like to re-gene dragons I already gene'd myself ! It's something I sort of do whenever a new ancient breed is released, I breed change these guys and their respective mates if a new funny gene set catch my eye: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/37656281][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/376563/37656281_350.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/46231981][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/462320/46231981_350.png[/img][/url]
I don't think I own a single dragon I haven't given some sort of scroll (gene scroll, breed scroll, silhouette scroll or scatter scroll) at some point. I just don't see the point of buying a dragon that's already "done", yeah? If they already exist and look fine without my intervention, then I don't need them ^^.

I also like to re-gene dragons I already gene'd myself ! It's something I sort of do whenever a new ancient breed is released, I breed change these guys and their respective mates if a new funny gene set catch my eye:

37656281_350.png

46231981_350.png
tumblr_inline_pawby3qPs91rbjkvp_540.png
All the time. I don't collect G1s, I collect dragons I really like and if I like them better with different genes I whang different genes on them.
All the time. I don't collect G1s, I collect dragons I really like and if I like them better with different genes I whang different genes on them.
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16