Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | re: hatchling festival skins
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
[quote name="Achaius" date="2024-04-29 10:51:58" ] I'm not a fan of slots specifically for hatchling skins because it removes flexibility on the part of the staff. Maybe one fest they like the adult submissions better and decide to have all adult skins. Maybe the next fest they decide they like 2-3 hatchling skins. Instead of reserved slots I'd rather the best/favorite ones be picked across the board. [/quote] Perhaps instead of X number of hatchling slots as a "X number of skins are guaranteed to win" it's a "Up to X number of hatchling skins can win", in the same vein as how the list of winners tends to stick to only one (or maybe two) skins per pose.
Achaius wrote on 2024-04-29 10:51:58:
I'm not a fan of slots specifically for hatchling skins because it removes flexibility on the part of the staff. Maybe one fest they like the adult submissions better and decide to have all adult skins. Maybe the next fest they decide they like 2-3 hatchling skins. Instead of reserved slots I'd rather the best/favorite ones be picked across the board.

Perhaps instead of X number of hatchling slots as a "X number of skins are guaranteed to win" it's a "Up to X number of hatchling skins can win", in the same vein as how the list of winners tends to stick to only one (or maybe two) skins per pose.
I think adding an extra 1-2 slots specifically only for hatchling skins would be nice
I think adding an extra 1-2 slots specifically only for hatchling skins would be nice
tgKCVtZ.png
i would like to see fest skins but only if new spots are added since making a dragon a permababy is obtained via premium currency (not counting buying for treasure off the ah)

seen some comments saying to put them in the coli as well which i think is a good idea
i would like to see fest skins but only if new spots are added since making a dragon a permababy is obtained via premium currency (not counting buying for treasure off the ah)

seen some comments saying to put them in the coli as well which i think is a good idea
I agree with some of the players here. Up the number of winning skins, but have up to a certain number of those new spots be specifically for hatchling skins (16 adult poses, up to 4 hatchling poses). That way people with a more casual playstyle have an easy way to obtain quality skins/accents without sinking tons of gems into it (player skins/accents tend to cost more than an eternal youth scroll).

EDIT: Just saw coli skins and want to say that's also a good idea! Having some more skins you don't have to buy just for permababies would help!
I agree with some of the players here. Up the number of winning skins, but have up to a certain number of those new spots be specifically for hatchling skins (16 adult poses, up to 4 hatchling poses). That way people with a more casual playstyle have an easy way to obtain quality skins/accents without sinking tons of gems into it (player skins/accents tend to cost more than an eternal youth scroll).

EDIT: Just saw coli skins and want to say that's also a good idea! Having some more skins you don't have to buy just for permababies would help!
1ulURsc.gif

sgriffin-3988-7_44_47_7_5_1.png
Pklc9an.png
Clockwork
08atrGc.pngJ7D1quC.png
FXwV0CB.pngFObX7rS.pngSaronai's Free Star Lighting Raffle. Over 3kg in prizes. Ends February 1st. Click to learn more!
Eclipse
LCqISMP.pngDXTcInl.png
11efmKl.pngxjB7OSe.png
CnMSNyK.pngYMPbu9R.png
RFRWPUM.png
wVdpf6V.png

IBK-63.png
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Former First Column Spacer ^^^^^^^^^
My idea is adding a bonus hatchling skin slot for festivals, if it gets chosen, it gets chosen, if not, it's all the same - the total amount of adult skins does not get affected in any way.

I think it would be neat to have some festival hatchling skins but ONLY if they don't take away any of the places for adult pose skins. Also, speaking of places, now with many Ancients here and some still coming our way, I think fest skin places should be expanded by two winner slots, meaning that the overall number of winners gets increased by two.
My idea is adding a bonus hatchling skin slot for festivals, if it gets chosen, it gets chosen, if not, it's all the same - the total amount of adult skins does not get affected in any way.

I think it would be neat to have some festival hatchling skins but ONLY if they don't take away any of the places for adult pose skins. Also, speaking of places, now with many Ancients here and some still coming our way, I think fest skin places should be expanded by two winner slots, meaning that the overall number of winners gets increased by two.
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
As of the time of writing, there are 73,059 eternally youthful dragons on FR, and I'm sure that number's only gonna go up seeing that permababies can now get skins and accents. I think there's plenty of use case for them in fests, as long as they dont drown out adults and moderns.
As of the time of writing, there are 73,059 eternally youthful dragons on FR, and I'm sure that number's only gonna go up seeing that permababies can now get skins and accents. I think there's plenty of use case for them in fests, as long as they dont drown out adults and moderns.
79659922.png come appreciate booger
he is the dragon of all time
J7D1quC.png
lAvpyOQ.pngxgrjPS4.png
i collect ghostly auras! Ghostly Aura
I think we're overlooking the fact that you don't have to spend 350g to have a permababy? You can just... buy permababies from other players... There are dozens of permababies on the Auction House right now under 350g.
I think we're overlooking the fact that you don't have to spend 350g to have a permababy? You can just... buy permababies from other players... There are dozens of permababies on the Auction House right now under 350g.
VfJfrBs.jpeg
Permababies are effectively bonus content, so fair to collectors or not, allowing hatchling skin submissions in the already difficult-to-win fest contests is a bit iffy because of the limited slots (which, as others have noted, already makes things less fair for users who collect unpopular breeds).

However, iirc, the skin tab in the marketplace hasn't been vaporized so much as hidden on the players' end, so I think there's a possibility for hatchie skins in the treasure/gem marketplaces, which I think would be more fair and fun for everyone.
Permababies are effectively bonus content, so fair to collectors or not, allowing hatchling skin submissions in the already difficult-to-win fest contests is a bit iffy because of the limited slots (which, as others have noted, already makes things less fair for users who collect unpopular breeds).

However, iirc, the skin tab in the marketplace hasn't been vaporized so much as hidden on the players' end, so I think there's a possibility for hatchie skins in the treasure/gem marketplaces, which I think would be more fair and fun for everyone.
___Art Heap!

___Avatar derg!
___P7Z02K1.gif ___50406.png
I actually am worried about increasing the amount of skins available per festival. As a casual player who can really only get less than an hour of playtime per day, with some days being <15 mins, funds would get threateningly thin purely because of fest skins.

However, I think making more festival skins available would be great if skin prices were decreased. Or even making ancient and hatchling skins cheaper than the modern ones, like how ancient genes are cheaper.
I actually am worried about increasing the amount of skins available per festival. As a casual player who can really only get less than an hour of playtime per day, with some days being <15 mins, funds would get threateningly thin purely because of fest skins.

However, I think making more festival skins available would be great if skin prices were decreased. Or even making ancient and hatchling skins cheaper than the modern ones, like how ancient genes are cheaper.
Username is s0ki with a zero (0) cZyClw0.png
I'm not a fan of increasing fest skin slots unless fest skin prices are decreased. It's already, without a dom discount, nearly half a million treasure to get every skin if you don't get any chests. That's a lot and as someone who likes to get a complete set of skins every festival, that's going beyond what I can do on a monthly basis ;-;
I'm not a fan of increasing fest skin slots unless fest skin prices are decreased. It's already, without a dom discount, nearly half a million treasure to get every skin if you don't get any chests. That's a lot and as someone who likes to get a complete set of skins every festival, that's going beyond what I can do on a monthly basis ;-;
je67dzK.gif ...
Val + she/her + fr+3
talk to me about hozier

7zrgo5F.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7