Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | re: hatchling festival skins
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
[quote name="Halszkaraptor" date="2024-04-29 10:15:27" ] It'd be like saying... they would be granted the ability to coli but they could only coli in the training grounds. [/quote] aaaa this would be so cute. I want this now (it would have no use but I still want it)
Halszkaraptor wrote on 2024-04-29 10:15:27:
It'd be like saying... they would be granted the ability to coli but they could only coli in the training grounds.
aaaa this would be so cute. I want this now (it would have no use but I still want it)
Bubbly Buddy Razanei Lineage Project
Virtual Hibden
Breed Out the Ugly Challenge
There are festival skins for breeds that cost 1-2000g, so I'm not really sure if 350g's a problem.
There are festival skins for breeds that cost 1-2000g, so I'm not really sure if 350g's a problem.
Fire-Network.png
I personally echo the sentiment of more skin slots.
20 per fest might be more sustainable?

8 modern, 8 ancients, 4 hatchling?

That's a good variety, and also increases the chances to win and breed diversity.

That's a good variety, and also increases the chances to win and breed diversity.
wqnTQE2.png Adult Player | She/they | 3+ FR Time | Wishlist
[quote name="Achaius" date="2024-04-29 10:25:51" ] [quote name="Halszkaraptor" date="2024-04-29 10:15:27" ] It'd be like saying... they would be granted the ability to coli but they could only coli in the training grounds. [/quote] aaaa this would be so cute. I want this now (it would have no use but I still want it) [/quote] this is so cute omg...
Achaius wrote on 2024-04-29 10:25:51:
It'd be like saying... they would be granted the ability to coli but they could only coli in the training grounds.
aaaa this would be so cute. I want this now (it would have no use but I still want it)

this is so cute omg...
wqnTQE2.png Adult Player | She/they | 3+ FR Time | Wishlist
i mean it's not like everyone has every breed and pose that fest skins can apply to, so there are already ppl being excluded with some fest skins. i think ppl who own perababies should have the option to get skins in a cheap way instead of having to spend more gems to get umas
i mean it's not like everyone has every breed and pose that fest skins can apply to, so there are already ppl being excluded with some fest skins. i think ppl who own perababies should have the option to get skins in a cheap way instead of having to spend more gems to get umas
she doesnt even know
basic math--->
XSQWCA5.gif 3CzZFT6.png
- she/her
- please ping
in reply+quote
klfGHc7.png67-E654-DE-BBB7-441-C-BAE1-F4-EDB05-BC922.png
[quote name="Kiln" date="2024-04-29 10:32:56" ] I personally echo the sentiment of more skin slots. 20 per fest might be more sustainable? 8 modern, 8 ancients, 4 hatchling? That's a good variety, and also increases the chances to win and breed diversity. [/quote] [quote name="Shinyumbreon" date="2024-04-29 10:04:07" ] I’d say keep the normal skin amount as is, but add two or three winning slots specifically for hatchlings (imo they should do the same thing with ancients but yknow) [/quote] I think this would be the way to go.
Kiln wrote on 2024-04-29 10:32:56:

Shinyumbreon wrote on 2024-04-29 10:04:07:
I’d say keep the normal skin amount as is, but add two or three winning slots specifically for hatchlings (imo they should do the same thing with ancients but yknow)
I think this would be the way to go.
Give a like if you think they're cool--->86520977.png93331792.png84977690.png
I'm not a fan of slots specifically for hatchling skins because it removes flexibility on the part of the staff. Maybe one fest they like the adult submissions better and decide to have all adult skins. Maybe the next fest they decide they like 2-3 hatchling skins. Instead of reserved slots I'd rather the best/favorite ones be picked across the board.
I'm not a fan of slots specifically for hatchling skins because it removes flexibility on the part of the staff. Maybe one fest they like the adult submissions better and decide to have all adult skins. Maybe the next fest they decide they like 2-3 hatchling skins. Instead of reserved slots I'd rather the best/favorite ones be picked across the board.
Bubbly Buddy Razanei Lineage Project
Virtual Hibden
Breed Out the Ugly Challenge
I don't really think 350g is a big paywall though. If you don't want to spend gems you can buy the scroll off the AH or use the currency exchange hub. :P
I don't really think 350g is a big paywall though. If you don't want to spend gems you can buy the scroll off the AH or use the currency exchange hub. :P
[quote name="Halszkaraptor" date="2024-04-29 10:15:27" ] [quote name="Recallback" date="2024-04-29 09:48:43" ] [quote name="Almedha" date="2024-04-29 09:40:03" ] [quote name="Halszkaraptor" date="2024-04-29 09:33:18" ] Which there's little actual reason not to add them- many folks are also disgruntled about how many of those winners are ancients and how ancient-centric fests are now, this would in theory be something for them for breeds they theoretically enjoy; and the choice to exclude hatchling poses for fests would be more confusing to newer players or newer artists I think. The limitation is just space, how many get chosen to win. [/quote] I disagree that it would be confusing. Hatchlings are entirely functionless - unable to be bred, which is the game's cornerstone mechanic, and unable to be trained in coli. For that reason, excluding them from festivals would almost be less confusing than including them. Hatchlings already cannot participate in things... it would be weird to have an exception to that. [/quote] I think the confusion could be more that this would be a mechanic they're only [u]partially [/u] excluded from. If permababies CAN wear skins and accents, newer players and artists might be confused about why there's this very specific circumstance which they can never have skins for, even though customizing them with skins/accents is the only thing you can mechanically do with a permababy. [/quote] That's along the lines of what I was thinking. It'd be weird to have this focus on oh NOW EYouth dragons get skins! Isn't that awesome? Oh but you can't enter skins for them in contests and thus they'll never get any site skins. It'd be like saying... they would be granted the ability to coli but they could only coli in the training grounds. [/quote] So I guess it could go both ways. I still feel like the inclusion would be more confusing to me. Either way, I don't think it would be enduringly confusing. Just like any rule, once you know it's not a problem. Overall, I think they should be excluded. EYs are gem-only, unlike gem breeds which you can breed and eventually get for fodder prices. EYs always cost gems.
Recallback wrote on 2024-04-29 09:48:43:
Almedha wrote on 2024-04-29 09:40:03:
Halszkaraptor wrote on 2024-04-29 09:33:18:
Which there's little actual reason not to add them- many folks are also disgruntled about how many of those winners are ancients and how ancient-centric fests are now, this would in theory be something for them for breeds they theoretically enjoy; and the choice to exclude hatchling poses for fests would be more confusing to newer players or newer artists I think. The limitation is just space, how many get chosen to win.
I disagree that it would be confusing. Hatchlings are entirely functionless - unable to be bred, which is the game's cornerstone mechanic, and unable to be trained in coli. For that reason, excluding them from festivals would almost be less confusing than including them. Hatchlings already cannot participate in things... it would be weird to have an exception to that.
I think the confusion could be more that this would be a mechanic they're only partially excluded from. If permababies CAN wear skins and accents, newer players and artists might be confused about why there's this very specific circumstance which they can never have skins for, even though customizing them with skins/accents is the only thing you can mechanically do with a permababy.
That's along the lines of what I was thinking. It'd be weird to have this focus on oh NOW EYouth dragons get skins! Isn't that awesome? Oh but you can't enter skins for them in contests and thus they'll never get any site skins.

So I guess it could go both ways. I still feel like the inclusion would be more confusing to me.

Either way, I don't think it would be enduringly confusing. Just like any rule, once you know it's not a problem.

Overall, I think they should be excluded. EYs are gem-only, unlike gem breeds which you can breed and eventually get for fodder prices. EYs always cost gems.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
If it can get a skin, it should be able to get fest skins. Such an exclusion would be weird and confusing. That being said, we need more fest skin slots, especially if we decide to include perma-hatchlings.

No support for hatchling-only slots. If no hatchling skins win one month, that's fine. Its also fine if 3 win in one month, IMO. It just depends on what gets submitted, which will vary.
If it can get a skin, it should be able to get fest skins. Such an exclusion would be weird and confusing. That being said, we need more fest skin slots, especially if we decide to include perma-hatchlings.

No support for hatchling-only slots. If no hatchling skins win one month, that's fine. Its also fine if 3 win in one month, IMO. It just depends on what gets submitted, which will vary.
xxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Other stuff
My Levelling Service
My Stock the Pond Pairs
Plague Subspecies Masterlist
Formatting is pain
You found this by accident
1 2 3 4 5 6 7