Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [WATERDOM] Library in the Sky [CLOSED]
1 2 ... 76 77 78 79 80 ... 86 87
Bunkered down for the storms and read a little today! Used my phone to check over some player lore for a lineage I'm in (mostly to try and figure out what to do with my own lineage kid) during breaks in the weather.

As for today's question, it'd be The Dragon Reborn by Robert Jordan. The story itself may not have aged all too well, but for me it's less the story itself and more the memories tied to the books (and in turn the series). The Dragon Reborn is the first book in Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series, which I inherited from my late aunt. She loved this series, saw I was an avid reader, and decided to leave her set to me. The only reason I can't say it's the first or second book is because I never read the original published in 1990, but instead I inherited special editions with some bonus content published in 2002 (the extras add to the story, and since that's after 2000 it doesn't count T^T). Still one of my favorite series for the memories alone (and now that there's a show I wanna reread them all, though that'd be painful with how long each book is).
Bunkered down for the storms and read a little today! Used my phone to check over some player lore for a lineage I'm in (mostly to try and figure out what to do with my own lineage kid) during breaks in the weather.

As for today's question, it'd be The Dragon Reborn by Robert Jordan. The story itself may not have aged all too well, but for me it's less the story itself and more the memories tied to the books (and in turn the series). The Dragon Reborn is the first book in Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series, which I inherited from my late aunt. She loved this series, saw I was an avid reader, and decided to leave her set to me. The only reason I can't say it's the first or second book is because I never read the original published in 1990, but instead I inherited special editions with some bonus content published in 2002 (the extras add to the story, and since that's after 2000 it doesn't count T^T). Still one of my favorite series for the memories alone (and now that there's a show I wanna reread them all, though that'd be painful with how long each book is).
sgriffin-3988-7_44_47_7_5_1.png
Pklc9an.png
Clockwork
08atrGc.pngJ7D1quC.png
FXwV0CB.pngFObX7rS.pngSaronai's Free Star Lighting Raffle. Over 3kg in prizes. Ends February 1st. Click to learn more!
Eclipse
LCqISMP.pngDXTcInl.png
11efmKl.pngxjB7OSe.png
CnMSNyK.pngYMPbu9R.png
RFRWPUM.png
wVdpf6V.png

IBK-63.png
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Former First Column Spacer ^^^^^^^^^
Hey all! Sorry for a second ping. I've gotten a few questions about this and figured I'd update you all with some clarification about post submitting on the Google form.

1) You are free to submit a post to the Google form any time, as long as the forum post is from the day of the submission.
2) After the event ends, i will post the data collection spreadsheet publicly for people to review their posts before raffle drawing :)

Thank you for asking these clarifying questions, and I'll see you all tomorrow for our last day! Please let me know if anything else is unclear.

@Library in the Sky Dailies
Hey all! Sorry for a second ping. I've gotten a few questions about this and figured I'd update you all with some clarification about post submitting on the Google form.

1) You are free to submit a post to the Google form any time, as long as the forum post is from the day of the submission.
2) After the event ends, i will post the data collection spreadsheet publicly for people to review their posts before raffle drawing :)

Thank you for asking these clarifying questions, and I'll see you all tomorrow for our last day! Please let me know if anything else is unclear.

@Library in the Sky Dailies
Na5WGHa.png
Today I red WEBTOON Meandering about a pair of horses.

Favorite book before 2000 is probably Narnia series or Wrinkle In Time series.
Today I red WEBTOON Meandering about a pair of horses.

Favorite book before 2000 is probably Narnia series or Wrinkle In Time series.
Three Nature eggs with pale yellow sprouting tops sitting on a gold-lined leaf bed against a green background. 3XiDjku.pngxORoftk.png
Thanks so much for clarifying--I'm especially relieved to hear about the data collection spreadsheet, lol, I'll be needing that :')
Thanks so much for clarifying--I'm especially relieved to hear about the data collection spreadsheet, lol, I'll be needing that :')
~~ Call me Beato!
MUYNhfy.png
v2PJF9u.png
Aswnqzl.png

FObX7rS.png
7UXlQKU.gif
WyzHFF3.gif glnLzx2.gif WyzHFF3.gif wtae0IEm_o.pngxb40JV1.png
@beatoriche hahaha glad to hear! :D sorry if you were one of the people who pinged me yesterday - I accidentally deleted a bunch of notifications and couldn't find the pings lol!
@beatoriche hahaha glad to hear! :D sorry if you were one of the people who pinged me yesterday - I accidentally deleted a bunch of notifications and couldn't find the pings lol!
Na5WGHa.png
Is there a way to tell you got our linked entries? I forgot if I submitted today or not! Can you filter out duplicates without trouble?
Is there a way to tell you got our linked entries? I forgot if I submitted today or not! Can you filter out duplicates without trouble?
pSn2GKM.png If you like them, please Like them!
What's your favorite book written before 2000?

Outlander by Diana Gabaldon 1991

Quote of the Day

"Sure God created man before woman, but then again you always make a rough draft before creating the final masterpiece."

-Robert Bloch

Outlander by Diana Gabaldon 1991

Quote of the Day

"Sure God created man before woman, but then again you always make a rough draft before creating the final masterpiece."

-Robert Bloch
22ywPUF.png Ao7i1jI.png TSLAPe2.gifUXRaoCb.png6OIh6CV.pngVod89n8.pngMGIo0DJ.gifs7d0V1v.png 2oKWxc3.png
Daily reading
Finished Yellowface last night and had a blast with it :) Today I started back up with Discworld, with The Colour of Magic! I've read a couple of the witches subseries and a couple of the night watch, but figured I'd branch out to try another subseries :3

Daily question: Favorite book published before 2000?

Affinity by Sarah Waters ♥
Daily reading
Finished Yellowface last night and had a blast with it :) Today I started back up with Discworld, with The Colour of Magic! I've read a couple of the witches subseries and a couple of the night watch, but figured I'd branch out to try another subseries :3

Daily question: Favorite book published before 2000?

Affinity by Sarah Waters ♥
......................... tumblr_inline_mlln9e2VE81qz4rgp.png
S P O O K
acolyte of the icewarden
fr+3 • gaoler lover
tumblr_inline_mlln9hTsyE1qz4rgp.png
April 26
I'm still reading the analysis part in the back of Fahrenheit 451. This quote from Bradbury himself is SO good because this is my own personal soap box of why sci-fi (and dystopias especially) are some of the most essential literature:

"This, I think should answer why I have more often than not written stories for which, for a convenient label, are called science fiction. There are few literary fields, it seems to me, that deal so strikingly with themes that concern us all today....It is, after all, the fiction of ideas, the fiction where philosophy can be tinkered with, torn apart, and put back together again, it is the fiction of sociology and psychology and history compounded and squared by time. It is the fiction where you may set up and knock down your own political and religious and moral states."

Probably Fahrenheit 451 actually! The writing style is just gorgeous (so many extended metaphors and figurative language) and it's such a classic dystopia that also focuses on the core of humanity, one of my favorite themes.
Either that or The Phantom Of The Opera because it's just so fun.
April 26
I'm still reading the analysis part in the back of Fahrenheit 451. This quote from Bradbury himself is SO good because this is my own personal soap box of why sci-fi (and dystopias especially) are some of the most essential literature:

"This, I think should answer why I have more often than not written stories for which, for a convenient label, are called science fiction. There are few literary fields, it seems to me, that deal so strikingly with themes that concern us all today....It is, after all, the fiction of ideas, the fiction where philosophy can be tinkered with, torn apart, and put back together again, it is the fiction of sociology and psychology and history compounded and squared by time. It is the fiction where you may set up and knock down your own political and religious and moral states."

Probably Fahrenheit 451 actually! The writing style is just gorgeous (so many extended metaphors and figurative language) and it's such a classic dystopia that also focuses on the core of humanity, one of my favorite themes.
Either that or The Phantom Of The Opera because it's just so fun.
PX2x8Tb.pngimage-9.pngWCSunday.pngFragmented-Tablet.pngKelBIQc.png
Today I mostly read fanfiction on my phone, because yesterday was exhausting and I didn't want to have to move around that much. I did start Update by Dennis O'Driscoll today though! I'm a huge fan of "science-y" poetry, so the first on in the collection "The Rocks" had a last stanza I really like. "Intent on making the best / of things, they treat each day / as though it were their last, use / their time enjoyably while they may. / They will be dust long enough."

Honestly, I'd have to say Frankenstein by Mary Shelley or Star Maker by Olaf Stapledon. I know I mentioned Stapledon when talking about authors a few days ago. Both of these were texts we studied in my sci-fi survey I took last year and both of them were deeply deeply interesting to me.
Today I mostly read fanfiction on my phone, because yesterday was exhausting and I didn't want to have to move around that much. I did start Update by Dennis O'Driscoll today though! I'm a huge fan of "science-y" poetry, so the first on in the collection "The Rocks" had a last stanza I really like. "Intent on making the best / of things, they treat each day / as though it were their last, use / their time enjoyably while they may. / They will be dust long enough."

Honestly, I'd have to say Frankenstein by Mary Shelley or Star Maker by Olaf Stapledon. I know I mentioned Stapledon when talking about authors a few days ago. Both of these were texts we studied in my sci-fi survey I took last year and both of them were deeply deeply interesting to me.
92bcc7d7d689fe286303c49e683f598a68d2fe58.png
1 2 ... 76 77 78 79 80 ... 86 87