Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Positives and negatives!
1 2 3
Dislike: Snappers, they have cool skins but I cannot make myself like them, but the skins man.
Secondary good thing: I like their crocodile tails

Like: Aberrations, in the same vein I swear there's more female skins than male skins and while I like female aberrations I have a lot more male ones I just wanna put skins on!
Secondary bad thing: the way sarco plays on the female pose looks weird and like they have one giant neck instead of two
Dislike: Snappers, they have cool skins but I cannot make myself like them, but the skins man.
Secondary good thing: I like their crocodile tails

Like: Aberrations, in the same vein I swear there's more female skins than male skins and while I like female aberrations I have a lot more male ones I just wanna put skins on!
Secondary bad thing: the way sarco plays on the female pose looks weird and like they have one giant neck instead of two
in7SefG.png
I think my least favorite would probably be Snappers, but I think my favorite part would be just how chunky they are! I think it makes them awkward to pose and dress and that's why I don't like them very much, but I really enjoy how it's so different from a lot of the other breeds we have on the site. It's also really nice for capsule, one of my favorite genes! I love the way it displays as just a big pool in their belly

I have a handful of favorites lol, though the ones I actually have gripes with would be tundras and skydancers. I hate how it feels like a lot of their genes just,, don't fully show up on their body? Skydancer secondaries and tundra primaries just feel super awkward because there are just these large swaths of the body that just don't have any pattern on them. Like the feathered part of skydancer wings don't end up with a lot of genes that change their color/pattern and it makes it look weird, like I know I like saddle a lot but the color change is only on the membrane. And then tundra shoulders are just plain colored for so many genes? Like the fact that lionfish especially doesn't change anything there just feels awkward and hard to work with. Don't get me wrong though I absolutely love them both!!
I think my least favorite would probably be Snappers, but I think my favorite part would be just how chunky they are! I think it makes them awkward to pose and dress and that's why I don't like them very much, but I really enjoy how it's so different from a lot of the other breeds we have on the site. It's also really nice for capsule, one of my favorite genes! I love the way it displays as just a big pool in their belly

I have a handful of favorites lol, though the ones I actually have gripes with would be tundras and skydancers. I hate how it feels like a lot of their genes just,, don't fully show up on their body? Skydancer secondaries and tundra primaries just feel super awkward because there are just these large swaths of the body that just don't have any pattern on them. Like the feathered part of skydancer wings don't end up with a lot of genes that change their color/pattern and it makes it look weird, like I know I like saddle a lot but the color change is only on the membrane. And then tundra shoulders are just plain colored for so many genes? Like the fact that lionfish especially doesn't change anything there just feels awkward and hard to work with. Don't get me wrong though I absolutely love them both!!
NAfHsH1.png

Amaranth41
kOascjf.png HSk834N.png
they/them · EST · USA · writer · artist · scientist

jJluim0.png
I don't like Aberrations because of their tiny square wings, but I love their hands, their feet, their adorable faces, their wacky tails and fluffy manes. They're just so shaped, I really do wish the vultures had more space for their wings.
Edit: OH YEAH ONLY THE MALE POSE. The female one slaps so hard, I love them! Also, they deserve more of those unique and colourful genes

And Ridgeback are my favourite but I do wish their wings showed off their secondary patterns a bit more evenly. Also, apparently their wing apparel position is way too focused on one place so some more spacing would be nice.

This criticism was really hard to come up with because I like Ridgies that much
I don't like Aberrations because of their tiny square wings, but I love their hands, their feet, their adorable faces, their wacky tails and fluffy manes. They're just so shaped, I really do wish the vultures had more space for their wings.
Edit: OH YEAH ONLY THE MALE POSE. The female one slaps so hard, I love them! Also, they deserve more of those unique and colourful genes

And Ridgeback are my favourite but I do wish their wings showed off their secondary patterns a bit more evenly. Also, apparently their wing apparel position is way too focused on one place so some more spacing would be nice.

This criticism was really hard to come up with because I like Ridgies that much
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
Ooh this is difficult... I'm going to divide between Moderns and Ancients, just because this is so hard ^^' [emoji=modern size=1] [emoji=block size=1] Snappers = Across the board, I like how Glimmer affects their back plates! Super nice touch. More specifically, Snapper babies are precious. I love their round eyes and adorable faces! [emoji=rainbow star 1 size=1] Pearlcatchers = Hard to choose something I [i]don't[/i] like about PCs... I like them a lot! Hmmm... I [i]guess[/i] I wish more genes affected their pearls? Or that babies had smaller pearls, considering they're supposed to be something they make after hatching - how are they so big as babies, but so small as adults? Does their production slow down? But that's me stretching - it's very hard for me to pick a dislike about them! [emoji=ancient size=1] [emoji=block size=1] Aethers = I love how Carnivore looks on them, especially babies and females - it makes them look so fierce in a way I feel like other breeds don't, especially if you pair something like Glowing eyes with it! Bonus points to Space for similar reasons - it's one of the best terts but only Aethers have it, and it can save even the male pose (which is my least favourite of the breed!). [emoji=rainbow star 1 size=1] Sandsurges = Another breed that's really hard to choose a negative for... I guess I wish the hatchling pose was better? I love the adults but something about the hatchlings is just... meh. They're kind of boring 8 times out of ten. Which sucks so much when I love the adult poses.
Ooh this is difficult... I'm going to divide between Moderns and Ancients, just because this is so hard ^^'

Snappers = Across the board, I like how Glimmer affects their back plates! Super nice touch. More specifically, Snapper babies are precious. I love their round eyes and adorable faces!

Pearlcatchers = Hard to choose something I don't like about PCs... I like them a lot! Hmmm... I guess I wish more genes affected their pearls? Or that babies had smaller pearls, considering they're supposed to be something they make after hatching - how are they so big as babies, but so small as adults? Does their production slow down? But that's me stretching - it's very hard for me to pick a dislike about them!

Aethers = I love how Carnivore looks on them, especially babies and females - it makes them look so fierce in a way I feel like other breeds don't, especially if you pair something like Glowing eyes with it! Bonus points to Space for similar reasons - it's one of the best terts but only Aethers have it, and it can save even the male pose (which is my least favourite of the breed!).

Sandsurges = Another breed that's really hard to choose a negative for... I guess I wish the hatchling pose was better? I love the adults but something about the hatchlings is just... meh. They're kind of boring 8 times out of ten. Which sucks so much when I love the adult poses.
mlHpBMC.png
9hqcHsy.png
ZxAR91S.png
HkZAJYc.png
watervs1.pngHbzShnh.pngmbWgKmD.pngwatershieldr.png
my least favorite are dusthides, but i actually love their spiky tail and they have a lot of cool genes:) honestly if their faces weren't so flat i would like them quite a bit more lol

as for my most favorite which are aethers and tundras, for aethers i hate that their 3rd pair of legs is barely visible, it jut doesn't make them as imsect-y as they could be. for tundras lot of genes look weird on them nd they're bit hard to scry which makes me sad :(
my least favorite are dusthides, but i actually love their spiky tail and they have a lot of cool genes:) honestly if their faces weren't so flat i would like them quite a bit more lol

as for my most favorite which are aethers and tundras, for aethers i hate that their 3rd pair of legs is barely visible, it jut doesn't make them as imsect-y as they could be. for tundras lot of genes look weird on them nd they're bit hard to scry which makes me sad :(
she doesnt even know
basic math--->
XSQWCA5.gif 3CzZFT6.png
- she/her
- please ping
in reply+quote
klfGHc7.png67-E654-DE-BBB7-441-C-BAE1-F4-EDB05-BC922.png
Ancient:
I guess my least favorite ancient is.. And take this with a grain of salt because I don't actually hate them-- Aberrations. I like them! I just don't have many. I guess my biggest gripe with them is I wish we could use both heads as an avatar. My favorite thing about them though is their two heads lol. So there's that

My favorites are Sandsurges. I just love my giant sandsharks with the giant bull horns. I just really love their design all around. Part of me though wishes beard didn't go all the way to their butt.

Modern:
Again, I don't really hate them, but specifically female pose Faes. I just can't get over the angle of their neck ;-; It just kinda icks me out. I do enjoy the rest of the pose though :) Forward facing with the wings all the way out is nice

I'm gonna do two favorites because Wildclaws and Ridgebacks might as well me tied

I like Wildclaws because dinosaur. Ever since I was a tiny child, I've loved dinos. And I think that just kinda grew into me liking dragons as I aged. I don't really have any gripes about them..

And Ridgebacks.. My beloved snoots. Oh how you're mistreated. They look so good in (almost) anything. They make for the perfect spooky scary dragon, or you can make them elegant and regal. They pull off so much <3 And I actually like the male's nose. And I also don't have any gripes with them either >>
Ancient:
I guess my least favorite ancient is.. And take this with a grain of salt because I don't actually hate them-- Aberrations. I like them! I just don't have many. I guess my biggest gripe with them is I wish we could use both heads as an avatar. My favorite thing about them though is their two heads lol. So there's that

My favorites are Sandsurges. I just love my giant sandsharks with the giant bull horns. I just really love their design all around. Part of me though wishes beard didn't go all the way to their butt.

Modern:
Again, I don't really hate them, but specifically female pose Faes. I just can't get over the angle of their neck ;-; It just kinda icks me out. I do enjoy the rest of the pose though :) Forward facing with the wings all the way out is nice

I'm gonna do two favorites because Wildclaws and Ridgebacks might as well me tied

I like Wildclaws because dinosaur. Ever since I was a tiny child, I've loved dinos. And I think that just kinda grew into me liking dragons as I aged. I don't really have any gripes about them..

And Ridgebacks.. My beloved snoots. Oh how you're mistreated. They look so good in (almost) anything. They make for the perfect spooky scary dragon, or you can make them elegant and regal. They pull off so much <3 And I actually like the male's nose. And I also don't have any gripes with them either >>
ooo IJkKw0f.pngo K H U Z D U L
- - - - - - - - - - -
SHE/HER +0
ADULT LIBRA
oo Avatar dragon
Lore
About me
Pings ok!
• Did you hatch an
Abyss/Copper/X gen1,
but don't want them?
Don't exalt them! Hit me up ;)
least favorite: skydancers. i don't like them for personal reasons, but they wear apparel pretty well, and it's hard to make them look bad. also, undertides. they have some good genes, and i like the babies.

favorite: obelisks. neck apparel looks really awkward on them because of the mane. which sucks. also aethers. i wish they had more genes and bigger middle legs. also dusthides. uhhhhhhh the pink nose that strike gives them in most colors is kinda awkward sometimes?
least favorite: skydancers. i don't like them for personal reasons, but they wear apparel pretty well, and it's hard to make them look bad. also, undertides. they have some good genes, and i like the babies.

favorite: obelisks. neck apparel looks really awkward on them because of the mane. which sucks. also aethers. i wish they had more genes and bigger middle legs. also dusthides. uhhhhhhh the pink nose that strike gives them in most colors is kinda awkward sometimes?
I like how tundras look like they're wearing pajamas. It's cute. Gaolers have some great unique genes, and the effect of how capsule looks on them is creepy in a really cool way. Sometimes sandsurges' horns have a flat color that is pale and noticeable compared to the actual body color, and it looks like someone forgot to color them in. Also, I don't like that thylacine affects the edge of their fins on the body but [i]not[/i] on the head. Also, I want them to get capsule, or at least glimmer but capsule is cheaper. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=2&bodygene=0&breed=23&element=4&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=151&tertgene=179&winggene=0&wings=2&auth=e3c319ec9c3cf3fca4da5d99666a3e6f013b985d&dummyext=prev.png[/img] ^ the thylacine is on the dragon's body from head to base of tail, and on the part of the fin that touches the body from head to base of tail, but at the edges of the fin it's only there around the body area. It's not a big deal and I have two thylacine sandsurges anyway but I do notice it :( the tail fins don't look too jarring because it tapers off on the body, but it looks weird to me on the head.
I like how tundras look like they're wearing pajamas. It's cute. Gaolers have some great unique genes, and the effect of how capsule looks on them is creepy in a really cool way.

Sometimes sandsurges' horns have a flat color that is pale and noticeable compared to the actual body color, and it looks like someone forgot to color them in. Also, I don't like that thylacine affects the edge of their fins on the body but not on the head. Also, I want them to get capsule, or at least glimmer but capsule is cheaper.
dragon?age=1&body=2&bodygene=0&breed=23&element=4&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=151&tertgene=179&winggene=0&wings=2&auth=e3c319ec9c3cf3fca4da5d99666a3e6f013b985d&dummyext=prev.png
^ the thylacine is on the dragon's body from head to base of tail, and on the part of the fin that touches the body from head to base of tail, but at the edges of the fin it's only there around the body area. It's not a big deal and I have two thylacine sandsurges anyway but I do notice it :( the tail fins don't look too jarring because it tapers off on the body, but it looks weird to me on the head.
they/them
least favorite: tundras: I'm not a fan of the breed art, but Crim/Pink have fantastic art. Also I owe Pink for showering me in berserkers/ambushes when I was a flat broke new player trying to outfit my coli team. Also I think it's neat how, due to their unique poses, they display genes uniquely. I'd like to see more variation like that on other modern breeds.

favorite: wildclaws: Their small eyes look awkward. Too beady. Also they're expensive ;-;
least favorite: tundras: I'm not a fan of the breed art, but Crim/Pink have fantastic art. Also I owe Pink for showering me in berserkers/ambushes when I was a flat broke new player trying to outfit my coli team. Also I think it's neat how, due to their unique poses, they display genes uniquely. I'd like to see more variation like that on other modern breeds.

favorite: wildclaws: Their small eyes look awkward. Too beady. Also they're expensive ;-;
Bubbly Buddy Razanei Lineage Project
Virtual Hibden
Breed Out the Ugly Challenge
My favorites are Obelisks and Wildclaws. I don't really like how much the female obelisk pose hides genes, so I'd love it to be opened up more. I also don't like the shape of male wildclaw's heads. They look too blank to me if that makes sense.

My least fav is probably Banescales. I love how unstandard they are and they have some cool genes. I just haven't found the gene combo that makes me jump for one.
My favorites are Obelisks and Wildclaws. I don't really like how much the female obelisk pose hides genes, so I'd love it to be opened up more. I also don't like the shape of male wildclaw's heads. They look too blank to me if that makes sense.

My least fav is probably Banescales. I love how unstandard they are and they have some cool genes. I just haven't found the gene combo that makes me jump for one.
Hail Derek and hope for the best!
C41-B82-D4-74-CF-41-F7-82-B0-DDEF5-B909503.gif C41-B82-D4-74-CF-41-F7-82-B0-DDEF5-B909503.gif C41-B82-D4-74-CF-41-F7-82-B0-DDEF5-B909503.gif
1 2 3