Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Advertising Report Thread 2.0
1 2 ... 190 191 192 193 194 ... 197 198
We have an update for our EU and UK players who are experiencing a new type of consent pop-up, specifically the large white box pop-up that has the Flight Rising logo at the top.

This new notice is part of compliance under GDPR. We've been informed that players from the EU and UK can expect to see this pop-up once every two weeks and that this frequency is industry-standard practice as it ensures that all necessary consent records are kept up to date. We hope this information helps to ease any concerns or confusion from seeing a brand new pop-up on the site. Thank you!

Image is a screenshot of a data consent form. The image has a white background with a screen capture of the Flight Rising logo at the top. The overlaid text is standard GDPR compliant text regarding data, consent, and has two buttons at the bottom for individuals to either 100% consent or manage their options and partially consent.
We have an update for our EU and UK players who are experiencing a new type of consent pop-up, specifically the large white box pop-up that has the Flight Rising logo at the top.

This new notice is part of compliance under GDPR. We've been informed that players from the EU and UK can expect to see this pop-up once every two weeks and that this frequency is industry-standard practice as it ensures that all necessary consent records are kept up to date. We hope this information helps to ease any concerns or confusion from seeing a brand new pop-up on the site. Thank you!

Image is a screenshot of a data consent form. The image has a white background with a screen capture of the Flight Rising logo at the top. The overlaid text is standard GDPR compliant text regarding data, consent, and has two buttons at the bottom for individuals to either 100% consent or manage their options and partially consent.
Oh, ok! Thank you for the clarification :)
Oh, ok! Thank you for the clarification :)
Duanwu will shamelessly eat your likes. Art by celaine.
Some day, there will be art here.
Wishlist | Lore [WIP] | Gallery | Archive
G1 sales thread here.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Harvest RaffleKeikoKat's Raffe
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
So, do we have to click consent if we see this?
So, do we have to click consent if we see this?
egg.gif
So it will pop up every two weeks? That explains why i have been getting all these cookie pop ups on websites i usually go to every day, man thats annoying
So it will pop up every two weeks? That explains why i have been getting all these cookie pop ups on websites i usually go to every day, man thats annoying
qvTNuJR.pngny1CRK5.png
FlightRising is not the most mobile friendly site. I didn't have a computer for ages and was forced to adapt and use my mobile devices (IPad, android phones) and I was so thrilled to get a laptop to be able to play properly. Well jokes on me- I can't. The site is unusable and completely broken on PC thanks to these Adobe Ads. They completely crash the entire site and freeze the page preventing me from easily even closing the afflicted tab. This problem has been going on since before Christmas. It went away briefly only to be back in force. It makes daily site tasks so daunting and horrible!

Due to the nature of how the ad effects my web page I cannot click inspect to report the ad properly. ALL Adobe ad variations have the same crashing effect.

I understand you guys might be in a contract with Adobe which forces you to use these ads bit at this time and how long this has been going on its absolutely unacceptable. Multiple people I know have quit playing entirely until this is resolved. And this impacts me enough that I haven't been buying gems as much because there's no point. I crash so often that I can't be on as much to justify the use of my money on a site like this during the ongoing US economic crisis. If you want players to use your site and give you money then the site needs to be usable and functional. Which it is not.
FlightRising is not the most mobile friendly site. I didn't have a computer for ages and was forced to adapt and use my mobile devices (IPad, android phones) and I was so thrilled to get a laptop to be able to play properly. Well jokes on me- I can't. The site is unusable and completely broken on PC thanks to these Adobe Ads. They completely crash the entire site and freeze the page preventing me from easily even closing the afflicted tab. This problem has been going on since before Christmas. It went away briefly only to be back in force. It makes daily site tasks so daunting and horrible!

Due to the nature of how the ad effects my web page I cannot click inspect to report the ad properly. ALL Adobe ad variations have the same crashing effect.

I understand you guys might be in a contract with Adobe which forces you to use these ads bit at this time and how long this has been going on its absolutely unacceptable. Multiple people I know have quit playing entirely until this is resolved. And this impacts me enough that I haven't been buying gems as much because there's no point. I crash so often that I can't be on as much to justify the use of my money on a site like this during the ongoing US economic crisis. If you want players to use your site and give you money then the site needs to be usable and functional. Which it is not.
TpTCUoN.gifP1izmZ1.gifLxZOZ2U.gif
uJQbRsv.gif6JIy3ZH.gifwgm0o0R.gif
[quote name="5booklover" date="2024-01-15 16:06:13" ] Okay, I just saw it again, and it says, "Empowered A Sexy Superhero Comedy" if that helps. [/quote] Gotten this ad consistently for years. Sick of it !!
5booklover wrote on 2024-01-15 16:06:13:
Okay, I just saw it again, and it says, "Empowered A Sexy Superhero Comedy" if that helps.

Gotten this ad consistently for years. Sick of it !!
8-BADFBF9-7-B11-4-F4-E-A48-C-0-FD2320-DF1-F8.png
[quote name="Aequorin" date="2024-01-17 12:50:44" ] We have an update for our EU and UK players who are experiencing a new type of consent pop-up, specifically the large white box pop-up that has the Flight Rising logo at the top. This new notice is part of compliance under GDPR. We've been informed that players from the EU and UK can expect to see this pop-up once every two weeks and that this frequency is industry-standard practice as it ensures that all necessary consent records are kept up to date. We hope this information helps to ease any concerns or confusion from seeing a brand new pop-up on the site. Thank you! [/quote] I’d be fine if it was every two weeks, but it has been showing up consistently on nearly every single page I load every day. It does seem to be limited to my laptop rather than every device, but still it’s showing up way too often. And clearing my cache hasn’t fixed the problem either, it shows up again with the same consistency the very next day. Not wanting to complain, but I do want the staff to know that the frequency is much much higher than stated here, of multiple times a day rather than once every two weeks.
Aequorin wrote on 2024-01-17 12:50:44:

I’d be fine if it was every two weeks, but it has been showing up consistently on nearly every single page I load every day. It does seem to be limited to my laptop rather than every device, but still it’s showing up way too often. And clearing my cache hasn’t fixed the problem either, it shows up again with the same consistency the very next day. Not wanting to complain, but I do want the staff to know that the frequency is much much higher than stated here, of multiple times a day rather than once every two weeks.
~ Cey/Ceylar ~
~ She/Her ~
~ They/Them ~
~ FR+8 ~
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ mrRenVJ.png
I can verify what Ceylar is saying to be the same for me:

it does go away randomly after a few hours/days, but until then, I cant use my phone for the website due to every single site reload/instance triggering that popup within ~3 seconds.

even the confirm buy 'site' on the AH triggers the popup.

meanwhile on my pc (using Google Chrome) I do agree, its like every odd week and not intrusive for me.
I can verify what Ceylar is saying to be the same for me:

it does go away randomly after a few hours/days, but until then, I cant use my phone for the website due to every single site reload/instance triggering that popup within ~3 seconds.

even the confirm buy 'site' on the AH triggers the popup.

meanwhile on my pc (using Google Chrome) I do agree, its like every odd week and not intrusive for me.
wyuSwmg.png
I also am continuing to have issues with the Adobe Ads.

I was extra sad during NotN because of them.

But they are still an issue! Please help!
I also am continuing to have issues with the Adobe Ads.

I was extra sad during NotN because of them.

But they are still an issue! Please help!
[quote name="Aequorin" date="2024-01-17 12:50:44" ] We have an update for our EU and UK players who are experiencing a new type of consent pop-up, specifically the large white box pop-up that has the Flight Rising logo at the top. This new notice is part of compliance under GDPR. We've been informed that players from the EU and UK can expect to see this pop-up once every two weeks and that this frequency is industry-standard practice as it ensures that all necessary consent records are kept up to date. We hope this information helps to ease any concerns or confusion from seeing a brand new pop-up on the site. Thank you! [/quote] GDPR has been in effect for 5 years now. may we ask why is the popup only now appearing? hopefully that does not mean FR has not been compliant all these years.
Aequorin wrote on 2024-01-17 12:50:44:

GDPR has been in effect for 5 years now. may we ask why is the popup only now appearing?
hopefully that does not mean FR has not been compliant all these years.
cm_icn.png sig.png

Censorship is never the ______
1 2 ... 190 191 192 193 194 ... 197 198