Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | what would go on an fr iceberg and where
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
[quote name="kadeunderscore" date="2024-01-14 23:21:53" ] [quote name="Recallback" date="2024-01-14 21:25:24" ] [img]https://i.imgur.com/ODLqmvB.jpg[/img] Lord help me, uploading images without Discord is such a pain and I'm not sure how you're supposed to do it with Imgur. But I did make an iceberg. I limited what community drama it references because that's trouble, and kept it to just the stuff that gets meme'd on and talked about a lot so there's definitely some more community stuff that's super niche which isn't on here. But there's probably plenty of things on here I've missed, I just put everything I could remember! Figured this scale of knowledge was passable, felt correct. [/quote] ah… Boolean lending. lol what a weird time, I remember hearing about people who refused to lend their booleans out of fear of them being stolen, but did that ever happen?? [/quote] It did. The person got their boolean back, but it was the main reason that the tos changed to say that dragon and item lending is unsupportive and to make trades at your own discretion.
kadeunderscore wrote on 2024-01-14 23:21:53:
Recallback wrote on 2024-01-14 21:25:24:
ODLqmvB.jpg

Lord help me, uploading images without Discord is such a pain and I'm not sure how you're supposed to do it with Imgur. But I did make an iceberg. I limited what community drama it references because that's trouble, and kept it to just the stuff that gets meme'd on and talked about a lot so there's definitely some more community stuff that's super niche which isn't on here.
But there's probably plenty of things on here I've missed, I just put everything I could remember! Figured this scale of knowledge was passable, felt correct.

ah… Boolean lending. lol what a weird time, I remember hearing about people who refused to lend their booleans out of fear of them being stolen, but did that ever happen??

It did. The person got their boolean back, but it was the main reason that the tos changed to say that dragon and item lending is unsupportive and to make trades at your own discretion.
bantam-Fanger.png
NefariousKing #221629

FR+2 | Bestiary Completionist
small dragon banner by Caprexes
The iceberg already got the alt hatchie poses, so I’ll say deity beta names. Somewhere in the middle/lower middle, probably [emoji=aberration tongue size=1]
The iceberg already got the alt hatchie poses, so I’ll say deity beta names. Somewhere in the middle/lower middle, probably
Esme, a very red and Plague-themed Skydancer. A medallion depicting the Plaguebringer in profile.
Oh and also-- what about the exalted tundra that appeared on the front page with no owner name? She's like a second naomi tho less popular
Oh and also-- what about the exalted tundra that appeared on the front page with no owner name? She's like a second naomi tho less popular
ZcrsSbC.png
[quote name="colorscapes" date="2024-01-15 02:09:59" ] Oh and also-- what about the exalted tundra that appeared on the front page with no owner name? She's like a second naomi tho less popular [/quote] Oh, I remember this- wasn't her name something like "Akitla"? Similar colors to the dragon in the widget for Search when you click on Library. (Heck, the fact there [i]are[/i] pages you get to by clicking Clan/Shop/Library/etc. might warrant a mention, it's a lil out of the way and rather out of date at this point)
colorscapes wrote on 2024-01-15 02:09:59:

Oh, I remember this- wasn't her name something like "Akitla"?
Similar colors to the dragon in the widget for Search when you click on Library.

(Heck, the fact there are pages you get to by clicking Clan/Shop/Library/etc. might warrant a mention, it's a lil out of the way and rather out of date at this point)
a small yellow and gold flag with the Light Flight's symbol
She/Her, FR +0
No worms in my username-
R e n a i w o m
I like being pinged, but not mass ones.
I often process thoughts by writing... Trying to TL;DR more.

2L names and the sheer length of time it took to fix that is also fun, not sure if that's been mentioned yet.

There was also the colour wheel update and the sheer almost site-breaking excitement when it rolled out that I don't think a lot of newer players know about. I sometimes see players saying they want a colour wheel expansion without realising what we used to have and I always get a laugh out of it.

Monthly registration windows! Where the site would only open intermittently for new users, and close in between to adjust and make sure the servers could cope!

I also had Swiftwings and egg rot on my list but I think those have been covered, along with the fake imperial scrolls and that big raffle that turned out to have been a rigged offsite deal that I'm pretty sure ended in the scroll being removed from the buyer/winner or something. But that's more interpersonal so I don't know if that can be included.

When the site was very new the economy hadn't settled yet so people weren't sure what the value of t:g was. I remember talk of dragons and expensive items being sold for pennies. I was a bit too late in signing up to see it, but people mentioned sometimes how they used so sell dragons for like 1kt.

Can also confirm that boolean borrowing was a thing, as were other ks familiars. I never had the collateral for it but people would send through like, a couple of light sprites and things like that as collateral for the trades, and then both parties would trade back.

April Fools' has been fun over the years too, and some fun ones have happened that are pretty interesting. The comic sans in 2015 was wild.
Ooooh what about that Mandela effect where people remember choosing their custom progen's tertiary colour even though that's never been a thing?

2L names and the sheer length of time it took to fix that is also fun, not sure if that's been mentioned yet.

There was also the colour wheel update and the sheer almost site-breaking excitement when it rolled out that I don't think a lot of newer players know about. I sometimes see players saying they want a colour wheel expansion without realising what we used to have and I always get a laugh out of it.

Monthly registration windows! Where the site would only open intermittently for new users, and close in between to adjust and make sure the servers could cope!

I also had Swiftwings and egg rot on my list but I think those have been covered, along with the fake imperial scrolls and that big raffle that turned out to have been a rigged offsite deal that I'm pretty sure ended in the scroll being removed from the buyer/winner or something. But that's more interpersonal so I don't know if that can be included.

When the site was very new the economy hadn't settled yet so people weren't sure what the value of t:g was. I remember talk of dragons and expensive items being sold for pennies. I was a bit too late in signing up to see it, but people mentioned sometimes how they used so sell dragons for like 1kt.

Can also confirm that boolean borrowing was a thing, as were other ks familiars. I never had the collateral for it but people would send through like, a couple of light sprites and things like that as collateral for the trades, and then both parties would trade back.

April Fools' has been fun over the years too, and some fun ones have happened that are pretty interesting. The comic sans in 2015 was wild.
If you recognise me from Danny Phantom fanfiction then I'm so sorry
gaolers being pronounced "jailers"
gaolers being pronounced "jailers"
she/her
autistic
ping pls
fr+8
the planned and dropped second hatchling pose middle or lower maybe
the planned and dropped second hatchling pose middle or lower maybe
A dragon dressed up as bubbles and fish that has a Bio full of lesser known tips and tricks to Flight Rising
The Schrodinger's arm/leg of Male-pose Tundra. Not even Apparel artists could figure that one out for a bit. Mid-low, similar to Fae necks but less noticed.

Glitched-appearance dragons, such as Latte Stained Gaolers and Buttercup Stitched Snappers. Mid-high.

The Schrodinger's arm/leg of Male-pose Tundra. Not even Apparel artists could figure that one out for a bit. Mid-low, similar to Fae necks but less noticed.

Glitched-appearance dragons, such as Latte Stained Gaolers and Buttercup Stitched Snappers. Mid-high.

Water Runestone WishlistFlairotlsFTU Bio GeneratorWant Prismatic Tokens?
Forum pings and PMs welcome.
Most of lair is in HibDen and open for forum games.
This Water Runestone is the most decoration this signature has ever had. I know, it scares me too.
No one has mentioned Boston and Hope yet? I love them and they're hilarious. Tldr, the Devs for some reason gave Lightweaver two dragons to her account (Boston and Hope, a Wind Spiral and Shadow Tundra respectively.) Then Shadowbinder kidnapped them both, and then only Boston returned to Lightweaver. They're still there to this day. Also they both have ship art in their bios. EDIT: Oh, and Boston somehow changed element from Earth to Wind. They have HISTORY. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/467419][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/4675/467419_350.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/467418][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/4675/467418_350.png[/img][/url]
No one has mentioned Boston and Hope yet? I love them and they're hilarious. Tldr, the Devs for some reason gave Lightweaver two dragons to her account (Boston and Hope, a Wind Spiral and Shadow Tundra respectively.) Then Shadowbinder kidnapped them both, and then only Boston returned to Lightweaver. They're still there to this day. Also they both have ship art in their bios.
EDIT: Oh, and Boston somehow changed element from Earth to Wind. They have HISTORY.

467419_350.png

467418_350.png
tumblr_njke7h2LhL1rmxteho1_500.png

[quote name="Linu" date="2024-01-15 10:55:02" ] No one has mentioned Boston and Hope yet? I love them and they're hilarious. Tldr, the Devs for some reason gave Lightweaver two dragons to her account (Boston and Hope, a Wind Spiral and Shadow Tundra respectively.) Then Shadowbinder kidnapped them both, and then only Boston returned to Lightweaver. They're still there to this day. Also they both have ship art in their bios. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/467419][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/4675/467419_350.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/467418][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/4675/467418_350.png[/img][/url] [/quote] Didn’t they change elements at one point too? I swear Boston was shadow and then became wind upon moving back in with lightweaver
Linu wrote on 2024-01-15 10:55:02:
No one has mentioned Boston and Hope yet? I love them and they're hilarious. Tldr, the Devs for some reason gave Lightweaver two dragons to her account (Boston and Hope, a Wind Spiral and Shadow Tundra respectively.) Then Shadowbinder kidnapped them both, and then only Boston returned to Lightweaver. They're still there to this day. Also they both have ship art in their bios.

467419_350.png

467418_350.png

Didn’t they change elements at one point too? I swear Boston was shadow and then became wind upon moving back in with lightweaver
Ukt5hov.png 6WJQDgR.png D55IPKI.png 87195919.png he/him
1 2 3 4 5 6 7