Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Price dumping on newly released breeds
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12 13
[quote name="Enko" date="2023-12-26 10:04:51" ] For example, I want to buy such a dragon. There are basically no such things on the market. No. Even in such colors, not to mention the genes. I can't just come and buy, as advised here. Therefore, I am now breed two dragons in order to get the right one with a certain chance, then I still need to spend gems on the genes of coatl, pharaoh, bee and glimmer. Is this a strange dragon? I don't think so. Ugly? Definitely not. [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=130&bodygene=87&breed=12&element=11&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=172&tertgene=10&winggene=20&wings=84&auth=fb04d0226785abf4059c1cbd0548ba9669dc6bc5&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center] [/quote] haha That dragon is [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/3145391/5#post_51519966]almost exactly what I made[/url] on a thread asking what one's least liked dragon would be. That's pretty much mine exactly. So there's obviously no accounting for taste. But for what it's worth, that is exactly what I consider a "breeder" to be. Someone who goes through these months- and years-long projects to get a specific color combination that no one else has (or very few people). And, yeah, you'll probably have to spend on the genes in the end (unless you breed extremely carefully, like people who do Imperial breeding projects do). But I'm confused how this topic will make someone want to breed Radioactive/some-kinda-orange dragons more available? I don't think people aren't out there breeding doubles because they can't make a profit on them like you want. They clearly are. It's just that getting the exact dragon you want (right down to genes) is always going to be rare. There are almost 2500 active Pearl/Cream XXYs out there, but there are literally zero if I want an Abberation in those colors with Flaunt/Flair.
Enko wrote on 2023-12-26 10:04:51:
For example, I want to buy such a dragon. There are basically no such things on the market. No. Even in such colors, not to mention the genes. I can't just come and buy, as advised here. Therefore, I am now breed two dragons in order to get the right one with a certain chance, then I still need to spend gems on the genes of coatl, pharaoh, bee and glimmer. Is this a strange dragon? I don't think so. Ugly? Definitely not.
dragon?age=1&body=130&bodygene=87&breed=12&element=11&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=172&tertgene=10&winggene=20&wings=84&auth=fb04d0226785abf4059c1cbd0548ba9669dc6bc5&dummyext=prev.png
haha That dragon is almost exactly what I made on a thread asking what one's least liked dragon would be. That's pretty much mine exactly. So there's obviously no accounting for taste.

But for what it's worth, that is exactly what I consider a "breeder" to be. Someone who goes through these months- and years-long projects to get a specific color combination that no one else has (or very few people). And, yeah, you'll probably have to spend on the genes in the end (unless you breed extremely carefully, like people who do Imperial breeding projects do). But I'm confused how this topic will make someone want to breed Radioactive/some-kinda-orange dragons more available? I don't think people aren't out there breeding doubles because they can't make a profit on them like you want. They clearly are.

It's just that getting the exact dragon you want (right down to genes) is always going to be rare. There are almost 2500 active Pearl/Cream XXYs out there, but there are literally zero if I want an Abberation in those colors with Flaunt/Flair.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
[quote name="komor3bi" date="2023-12-26 09:57:25" ] [quote name="Enko" date="2023-12-26 09:51:12" ] [quote name="komor3bi" date="2023-12-26 09:34:09" ] [quote name="Enko" date="2023-12-26 09:26:31" ] Honestly, it sounds like having friends is a bad thing. And it's bad to have common interests, to play together, to breed dragons. Despite the fact that we are separated by thousands of kilometers, or even an ocean, I can call these people my real friends. Yes, I invited them to the FR, showed them this wonderful game. But what's wrong with that? [/quote] This is kind of a strawman. No, there is nothing wrong with having friends who also play FR. No, there is nothing wrong with breeding dragons. No, there is nothing wrong with pricing them for what you want them to hopefully sell at. But grouping together and then complaining about how they won't sell, because others don't value your dragons the way you do is a bit asinine. It's especially asinine to blame [i]others[/i] for selling their dragons at a lower price for why yours won't sell, when that is simply what they value them at. It feels like you're only here to stir up trouble rather than make a legitimate complaint. In which case, may I suggest the age old internet wisdom: please don't feed the trolls. I am sorry you are having difficulties with your dragons not selling. It genuinely must be tough. Breeding them is moreso an act of love rather than something to profit from; it is just how the market is. Unless something cataclysmic happens and dragons become scarce, this is likely how it will continue to be. It is very, very rare that breeding makes a net profit. When you gene a dragon, you have to accept that you're eating a cost. [/quote] Uh, not really. Dragons are quite for sale, that was not the question. The question was: what motivates people who sell dragons at minimum prices immediately after the release of a new breed? A pair costs about 1kkt, hatch are sold for 20-30 gems. Why do people do this and how do they pay off a couple? The answer was: they don't pay off in any way, they make themselves at a loss for the sake of the fun. I can understand, everyone plays as they want. His dragons are his rules. It is not profitable to be a breeder, if you want to do this, prepare not for profit, but for losses. And I realized his and decided to revise my pairs in the direction of reducing breeding pairs and dragon sales in order to free up more space for growing fodder. Thanks to this, I will be able to make a profit and spend on genes, skins and apparels for my fan dragons. [/quote] Essentially yes, that seems like the wisest option if profit is your motive. Breeding for the love of it is always going to be there, though, if you need to scratch that itch. You cannot change why others price dragons the way they do, and there will always be people willing to break that mold even if you somehow could. But luckily there are other ways to turn a profit that are much more consistent, like breeding and training fodder or selling art or NOTN eggs. I hope we can all get the profit we need to get what we want in time [emoji=coatl happy size=1] [/quote] Yes, I breed some for love, moreover, I have three projects that cost a lot of money (these are all coatls with rare genes, hehe), and I know that they are unlikely to ever pay off. But still, a few beautiful couples is not the same as being a breeder. Yes, I want to make a profit - I want to dress the dragons beautifully, buy them scenes and accents. It doesn't cost 10 or 20 kt, alas. If you want to have something in the nest besides fodder, you need money for it. A lot of money. Will I lose something by ceasing to be a breeder? Unlikely. I will stay with my fan dragons. However, the market will lose a little bit in the variety of dragons. A trifle, I agree. And if a hundred breeders refuse? As a result, people will have to spend not 100-200 gems on a hatch, but ten or even twenty times more, since they will not be able to come and buy. Or is it still counting on those who will do it for the sake of the fan and sell it? But are there many of them?.. Is it commensurate with the number of breeders? Who knows...
komor3bi wrote on 2023-12-26 09:57:25:
Enko wrote on 2023-12-26 09:51:12:
komor3bi wrote on 2023-12-26 09:34:09:
Enko wrote on 2023-12-26 09:26:31:
Honestly, it sounds like having friends is a bad thing. And it's bad to have common interests, to play together, to breed dragons. Despite the fact that we are separated by thousands of kilometers, or even an ocean, I can call these people my real friends. Yes, I invited them to the FR, showed them this wonderful game. But what's wrong with that?

This is kind of a strawman. No, there is nothing wrong with having friends who also play FR. No, there is nothing wrong with breeding dragons. No, there is nothing wrong with pricing them for what you want them to hopefully sell at.

But grouping together and then complaining about how they won't sell, because others don't value your dragons the way you do is a bit asinine. It's especially asinine to blame others for selling their dragons at a lower price for why yours won't sell, when that is simply what they value them at.

It feels like you're only here to stir up trouble rather than make a legitimate complaint.
In which case, may I suggest the age old internet wisdom: please don't feed the trolls.

I am sorry you are having difficulties with your dragons not selling. It genuinely must be tough. Breeding them is moreso an act of love rather than something to profit from; it is just how the market is. Unless something cataclysmic happens and dragons become scarce, this is likely how it will continue to be. It is very, very rare that breeding makes a net profit. When you gene a dragon, you have to accept that you're eating a cost.
Uh, not really. Dragons are quite for sale, that was not the question. The question was: what motivates people who sell dragons at minimum prices immediately after the release of a new breed? A pair costs about 1kkt, hatch are sold for 20-30 gems. Why do people do this and how do they pay off a couple? The answer was: they don't pay off in any way, they make themselves at a loss for the sake of the fun. I can understand, everyone plays as they want. His dragons are his rules. It is not profitable to be a breeder, if you want to do this, prepare not for profit, but for losses. And I realized his and decided to revise my pairs in the direction of reducing breeding pairs and dragon sales in order to free up more space for growing fodder. Thanks to this, I will be able to make a profit and spend on genes, skins and apparels for my fan dragons.

Essentially yes, that seems like the wisest option if profit is your motive. Breeding for the love of it is always going to be there, though, if you need to scratch that itch. You cannot change why others price dragons the way they do, and there will always be people willing to break that mold even if you somehow could. But luckily there are other ways to turn a profit that are much more consistent, like breeding and training fodder or selling art or NOTN eggs.

I hope we can all get the profit we need to get what we want in time
Yes, I breed some for love, moreover, I have three projects that cost a lot of money (these are all coatls with rare genes, hehe), and I know that they are unlikely to ever pay off. But still, a few beautiful couples is not the same as being a breeder. Yes, I want to make a profit - I want to dress the dragons beautifully, buy them scenes and accents. It doesn't cost 10 or 20 kt, alas. If you want to have something in the nest besides fodder, you need money for it. A lot of money. Will I lose something by ceasing to be a breeder? Unlikely. I will stay with my fan dragons. However, the market will lose a little bit in the variety of dragons. A trifle, I agree. And if a hundred breeders refuse? As a result, people will have to spend not 100-200 gems on a hatch, but ten or even twenty times more, since they will not be able to come and buy. Or is it still counting on those who will do it for the sake of the fan and sell it? But are there many of them?.. Is it commensurate with the number of breeders? Who knows...
[quote name="Meliger" date="2023-12-26 10:07:32" ] [quote name="Almedha" date="2023-12-26 09:50:15" ] But it's worth pointing out that these weirdo doubles that do not exist in great numbers don't often pop into existence because of people who breed their triple Eldritch dragons hoping to sell them for 150kt. They pop into existence because of fodder breeders. Sometimes because they bought those 150kt Eldritch dragons and bred them with something totally off the wall.[/quote] I see this as an indication of myself, as I show my xxx-Eldritch pair. Correct me if that's not the case. And I will say simply: in order to experiment with pairs of very large color variations, what I also like very much, I must have cash so I could write off these expenses in advance as irreplaceable. (I speak for myself, but I'm sure I'm not unique snowflake.) And most often, people start by buying harmonious doubles and triples, so, yes, this is a good source of basic cash for subsequent experiments, especially for new breed. In order for the fodder experimenter to put this XXX and that YYY on nest, at first triple/double-breeders have to make these dragon for them: breedchange 2 dragons, add genes for both, have hatchlings and sell them. So it's probably better not to cut the chick before it start to lay eggs at all. [/quote] Well, sure, but putting two different triples on a nest is only one way to make fodder dragons and only one way to get doubles and triples. Most doubles and triples aren't gotten that way. Stock the Pond was just an example of an obvious fodder pair producing something desirable - something that can become part of a curated breeding pair, theoretically. Most of them probably don't come from those, though. They come from other fodder pairs that came from hilariously mismatched progens, I assume. Down the line somewhere. And, yeah, it was a lot of work to get these doubles and triples over time, but that work has resulted in literally thousands of dragons that are all the same colors in repeating breeds that never wear out. This conversation is kinda funny to me considering it wasn't that long ago when there were people concerned that doubles and triples were just so much easier to find than weirdo XYZs because the nature of the randomly-hatching eyes. People were breeding tighter- and tighter-ranged fodder pairs because they wanted to be able to sell their hatchlings for a lot if they happened to turn up a primal. The excess of people breeding near-triples made it really difficult to do these weird XYZ combo breeding projects to get to a specific set of colors - never mind genes. I think it's probably contributed to the idea that these doubles and triples are "boring" and more suited for fodder than anything else because they were just the only things we were seeing for three years and most of them were [i]intended to be fodder[/i] unless they got special eyes.
Meliger wrote on 2023-12-26 10:07:32:
Almedha wrote on 2023-12-26 09:50:15:
But it's worth pointing out that these weirdo doubles that do not exist in great numbers don't often pop into existence because of people who breed their triple Eldritch dragons hoping to sell them for 150kt. They pop into existence because of fodder breeders. Sometimes because they bought those 150kt Eldritch dragons and bred them with something totally off the wall.

I see this as an indication of myself, as I show my xxx-Eldritch pair. Correct me if that's not the case.

And I will say simply: in order to experiment with pairs of very large color variations, what I also like very much, I must have cash so I could write off these expenses in advance as irreplaceable. (I speak for myself, but I'm sure I'm not unique snowflake.) And most often, people start by buying harmonious doubles and triples, so, yes, this is a good source of basic cash for subsequent experiments, especially for new breed.

In order for the fodder experimenter to put this XXX and that YYY on nest, at first triple/double-breeders have to make these dragon for them: breedchange 2 dragons, add genes for both, have hatchlings and sell them. So it's probably better not to cut the chick before it start to lay eggs at all.
Well, sure, but putting two different triples on a nest is only one way to make fodder dragons and only one way to get doubles and triples. Most doubles and triples aren't gotten that way. Stock the Pond was just an example of an obvious fodder pair producing something desirable - something that can become part of a curated breeding pair, theoretically. Most of them probably don't come from those, though. They come from other fodder pairs that came from hilariously mismatched progens, I assume. Down the line somewhere.

And, yeah, it was a lot of work to get these doubles and triples over time, but that work has resulted in literally thousands of dragons that are all the same colors in repeating breeds that never wear out.

This conversation is kinda funny to me considering it wasn't that long ago when there were people concerned that doubles and triples were just so much easier to find than weirdo XYZs because the nature of the randomly-hatching eyes. People were breeding tighter- and tighter-ranged fodder pairs because they wanted to be able to sell their hatchlings for a lot if they happened to turn up a primal. The excess of people breeding near-triples made it really difficult to do these weird XYZ combo breeding projects to get to a specific set of colors - never mind genes. I think it's probably contributed to the idea that these doubles and triples are "boring" and more suited for fodder than anything else because they were just the only things we were seeing for three years and most of them were intended to be fodder unless they got special eyes.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
I am allowed to sell dragons for as little as I want, I dont play to make money off dragons and even back when I had breeding pairs, it was for fun of having unique pairs.
I am allowed to sell dragons for as little as I want, I dont play to make money off dragons and even back when I had breeding pairs, it was for fun of having unique pairs.
aYhvX0g.pngzdbZ9VU.pngPPzxarU.png
[quote name="komor3bi" date="2023-12-26 10:12:44" ] [quote name="Enko" date="2023-12-26 10:04:51" ] For example, I want to buy such a dragon. There are basically no such things on the market. No. Even in such colors, not to mention the genes. I can't just come and buy, as advised here. Therefore, I am now breed two dragons in order to get the right one with a certain chance, then I still need to spend gems on the genes of coatl, pharaoh, bee and glimmer. Is this a strange dragon? I don't think so. Ugly? Definitely not. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=130&bodygene=87&breed=12&element=11&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=172&tertgene=10&winggene=20&wings=84&auth=fb04d0226785abf4059c1cbd0548ba9669dc6bc5&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [/quote] Would you not then buy as close as possible to your desired result, and then breed from there? You don't necessarily need [i]everything[/i] from scratch. Those are breeding projects. Yes, it would be expensive still but that's the nature of wanting a very specific dragon. I'm a g1 lair so that's basically all of my dragons. The challenge of making it 'mine' is what makes it fun for me. If something isn't popular enough to sell instantly it's not very likely to sell because the subjective nature of what makes a dragon pretty is, well, subjective. The demand isn't actively there. You might be waiting a very long time to find someone who values this dragon the way you do enough to pay such a price for it. [/quote] Alas, there are no coatls even close in color. And coatls have a cd of 35 days, you can breed for years, but not achieve the desired result. Making money on exalt and buying genes for any dragon of the same colors is still faster than breeding coatls and, perhaps, never getting the desired result. I miraculously managed to buy another dragon to match her from another person's fodder tab. And I'm already glad that I basically have a dragon with such colors!
komor3bi wrote on 2023-12-26 10:12:44:
For example, I want to buy such a dragon. There are basically no such things on the market. No. Even in such colors, not to mention the genes. I can't just come and buy, as advised here. Therefore, I am now breed two dragons in order to get the right one with a certain chance, then I still need to spend gems on the genes of coatl, pharaoh, bee and glimmer. Is this a strange dragon? I don't think so. Ugly? Definitely not.
dragon?age=1&body=130&bodygene=87&breed=12&element=11&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=172&tertgene=10&winggene=20&wings=84&auth=fb04d0226785abf4059c1cbd0548ba9669dc6bc5&dummyext=prev.png

Would you not then buy as close as possible to your desired result, and then breed from there? You don't necessarily need everything from scratch. Those are breeding projects.

Yes, it would be expensive still but that's the nature of wanting a very specific dragon. I'm a g1 lair so that's basically all of my dragons. The challenge of making it 'mine' is what makes it fun for me.

If something isn't popular enough to sell instantly it's not very likely to sell because the subjective nature of what makes a dragon pretty is, well, subjective. The demand isn't actively there. You might be waiting a very long time to find someone who values this dragon the way you do enough to pay such a price for it.
Alas, there are no coatls even close in color. And coatls have a cd of 35 days, you can breed for years, but not achieve the desired result. Making money on exalt and buying genes for any dragon of the same colors is still faster than breeding coatls and, perhaps, never getting the desired result. I miraculously managed to buy another dragon to match her from another person's fodder tab. And I'm already glad that I basically have a dragon with such colors!
[quote name="Enko" date="2023-12-26 10:26:53" ] [quote name="komor3bi" date="2023-12-26 10:12:44" ] [quote name="Enko" date="2023-12-26 10:04:51" ] For example, I want to buy such a dragon. There are basically no such things on the market. No. Even in such colors, not to mention the genes. I can't just come and buy, as advised here. Therefore, I am now breed two dragons in order to get the right one with a certain chance, then I still need to spend gems on the genes of coatl, pharaoh, bee and glimmer. Is this a strange dragon? I don't think so. Ugly? Definitely not. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=130&bodygene=87&breed=12&element=11&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=172&tertgene=10&winggene=20&wings=84&auth=fb04d0226785abf4059c1cbd0548ba9669dc6bc5&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [/quote] Would you not then buy as close as possible to your desired result, and then breed from there? You don't necessarily need [i]everything[/i] from scratch. Those are breeding projects. Yes, it would be expensive still but that's the nature of wanting a very specific dragon. I'm a g1 lair so that's basically all of my dragons. The challenge of making it 'mine' is what makes it fun for me. If something isn't popular enough to sell instantly it's not very likely to sell because the subjective nature of what makes a dragon pretty is, well, subjective. The demand isn't actively there. You might be waiting a very long time to find someone who values this dragon the way you do enough to pay such a price for it. [/quote] Alas, there are no coatls even close in color. And coatls have a cd of 35 days, you can breed for years, but not achieve the desired result. Making money on exalt and buying genes for any dragon of the same colors is still faster than breeding coatls and, perhaps, never getting the desired result. I miraculously managed to buy another dragon to match her from another person's fodder tab. And I'm already glad that I basically have a dragon with such colors! [/quote] You could always buy dragons with that color range that are plentiful or turn them into plentifuls to breed them, and then use a coatl scroll on the desired final result?
Enko wrote on 2023-12-26 10:26:53:
komor3bi wrote on 2023-12-26 10:12:44:

Would you not then buy as close as possible to your desired result, and then breed from there? You don't necessarily need everything from scratch. Those are breeding projects.

Yes, it would be expensive still but that's the nature of wanting a very specific dragon. I'm a g1 lair so that's basically all of my dragons. The challenge of making it 'mine' is what makes it fun for me.

If something isn't popular enough to sell instantly it's not very likely to sell because the subjective nature of what makes a dragon pretty is, well, subjective. The demand isn't actively there. You might be waiting a very long time to find someone who values this dragon the way you do enough to pay such a price for it.
Alas, there are no coatls even close in color. And coatls have a cd of 35 days, you can breed for years, but not achieve the desired result. Making money on exalt and buying genes for any dragon of the same colors is still faster than breeding coatls and, perhaps, never getting the desired result. I miraculously managed to buy another dragon to match her from another person's fodder tab. And I'm already glad that I basically have a dragon with such colors!

You could always buy dragons with that color range that are plentiful or turn them into plentifuls to breed them, and then use a coatl scroll on the desired final result?
[quote name="Meliger" date="2023-12-26 08:17:55" ]I was speaking about these, for example, pairs that I personally breed-change and genned on first day of Auras. If in the commentators' vision they are equal to random aura's obtained from free eggs, then I have not learned anything in breeding in a year, haha.[/quote] Taste is subjective and preferences are personal. You have coordinated pairs with coordinated genes. I [i]love[/i] Auraboas, but currently, I am uninterested in their hatchlings. They are all very tight or exact ranges, and most of them are doubles if not triples, which means they're going to make [i]lots[/i] of the exact same dragons with uniform genes. I like owning dragons in weird, rare color combinations. I like having dragons that match or fit a specific look despite being XYZs. Sometimes I like mixing up gene sets. These are all more to my tastes: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/71818175][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/718182/71818175_350.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/89413452][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/894135/89413452_350.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/88645833][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/886459/88645833_350.png[/img][/url] Their colors and sometimes their rarity would be considered equal to random dragons out of free eggs. Most of the ones I pick up, I get for 10-30 kt or g. Sometimes cheaper. I recommend players fix up dragons because they want to own them, and without expectation of financial return. [i]If[/i] they make money off hatchlings, it's a side benefit. If they don't, they still have the dragon they wanted. The thread moved a lot while I was typing this, so let me add: Because I make scries for dragons in weird color combinations, I do hunting and breeding projects all the time. Some of them lasted for months or years. I know how hard it is. That doesn't change my answer.
Meliger wrote on 2023-12-26 08:17:55:
I was speaking about these, for example, pairs that I personally breed-change and genned on first day of Auras. If in the commentators' vision they are equal to random aura's obtained from free eggs, then I have not learned anything in breeding in a year, haha.

Taste is subjective and preferences are personal.

You have coordinated pairs with coordinated genes. I love Auraboas, but currently, I am uninterested in their hatchlings. They are all very tight or exact ranges, and most of them are doubles if not triples, which means they're going to make lots of the exact same dragons with uniform genes.

I like owning dragons in weird, rare color combinations. I like having dragons that match or fit a specific look despite being XYZs. Sometimes I like mixing up gene sets. These are all more to my tastes:

71818175_350.png

89413452_350.png

88645833_350.png

Their colors and sometimes their rarity would be considered equal to random dragons out of free eggs. Most of the ones I pick up, I get for 10-30 kt or g. Sometimes cheaper.

I recommend players fix up dragons because they want to own them, and without expectation of financial return. If they make money off hatchlings, it's a side benefit. If they don't, they still have the dragon they wanted.

The thread moved a lot while I was typing this, so let me add: Because I make scries for dragons in weird color combinations, I do hunting and breeding projects all the time. Some of them lasted for months or years. I know how hard it is. That doesn't change my answer.
J7D1quC.png
CfG2LT1.png
XP7djFk.png
WKtl2lb.png
ll0CfnD.png
YMPbu9R.png
[quote name="Niraven" date="2023-12-26 10:25:16" ] [quote name="Enko" date="2023-12-26 10:04:51" ] For example, I want to buy such a dragon. There are basically no such things on the market. No. Even in such colors, not to mention the genes. I can't just come and buy, as advised here. Therefore, I am now breed two dragons in order to get the right one with a certain chance, then I still need to spend gems on the genes of coatl, pharaoh, bee and glimmer. Is this a strange dragon? I don't think so. Ugly? Definitely not. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=130&bodygene=87&breed=12&element=11&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=172&tertgene=10&winggene=20&wings=84&auth=fb04d0226785abf4059c1cbd0548ba9669dc6bc5&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [/quote] What is the point you're trying to make, exactly? I'm assuming this dragon a Leaf/Saffron/Sunset. A quick [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/auction-house/buy/realm/dragons?d_body_range=37-40&d_wings_range=167-83&d_tert_range=45-47&collapse=1]search in the AH[/url] give me results for close-ranged (+5/-5) dragons. Sure, there's not the exact dragon and sure, they don't have the right genes... But some have one of two genes, some are the right breed. If I plan things correctly, I can easily create the exact dragon from your scry... Albeit with a lot of patience, and maybe gems to accelerate the project. But I can easily create that dragon. And strangely enough, none of the dragons from that AH search cost hundreds of gems or thousands of treasures to purchase. When people say they can "come and buy", what they mean is "I can produce that dragon myself if it's a dream dragon, or wait for someone else to produce it". It's all a matter of being patient though - either you wait for that dragon to be produced by someone else, or you produce it yourself. But eventually, every single color combination will exist on the site, that is true. But they certainly won't be produced by people who stick to breeding triples and xxy. Instead, they are produced by random fodder pairs, Stock the Pond pairs, experiments by random breeders, or breeding done carefully by someone specifically looking for that color combination. What about genes? You can just apply a few scroll on a dragon and boom, the dragon has the right genes. Same thing for the breed, outside of Imperials. Not everyone has the money to regen an entire dragon? Well, there are many means to get money on this website, so it's really not an issue, you don't have to be patient. [/quote] Radioactive, but that's right. I mean, not every dragon can just come and buy. Are we talking about XXX? Well I want to buy XXX sunsurge indigo or plum. I'm looking at the auction... Where are they, XXX, of which there are many, like fodders? Riddle... For example, this one. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=112&bodygene=212&breed=23&element=5&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=112&tertgene=185&winggene=212&wings=112&auth=fc21cb5e2cdfdc3f6b79c22417a3498c731053ac&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Is she beautiful? It seems to me, yes. Soft iridescences of pink, going into deep blue. But no such pair was created, although the sandsurges were, and are, very popular. I was thinking of creating such a pair, but after reading the thread, I had big doubts...
Niraven wrote on 2023-12-26 10:25:16:

What is the point you're trying to make, exactly?
I'm assuming this dragon a Leaf/Saffron/Sunset. A quick search in the AH give me results for close-ranged (+5/-5) dragons. Sure, there's not the exact dragon and sure, they don't have the right genes... But some have one of two genes, some are the right breed. If I plan things correctly, I can easily create the exact dragon from your scry... Albeit with a lot of patience, and maybe gems to accelerate the project. But I can easily create that dragon. And strangely enough, none of the dragons from that AH search cost hundreds of gems or thousands of treasures to purchase.

When people say they can "come and buy", what they mean is "I can produce that dragon myself if it's a dream dragon, or wait for someone else to produce it". It's all a matter of being patient though - either you wait for that dragon to be produced by someone else, or you produce it yourself. But eventually, every single color combination will exist on the site, that is true. But they certainly won't be produced by people who stick to breeding triples and xxy. Instead, they are produced by random fodder pairs, Stock the Pond pairs, experiments by random breeders, or breeding done carefully by someone specifically looking for that color combination.

What about genes? You can just apply a few scroll on a dragon and boom, the dragon has the right genes. Same thing for the breed, outside of Imperials. Not everyone has the money to regen an entire dragon? Well, there are many means to get money on this website, so it's really not an issue, you don't have to be patient.
Radioactive, but that's right. I mean, not every dragon can just come and buy. Are we talking about XXX? Well I want to buy XXX sunsurge indigo or plum. I'm looking at the auction... Where are they, XXX, of which there are many, like fodders? Riddle...
For example, this one.
dragon?age=1&body=112&bodygene=212&breed=23&element=5&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=112&tertgene=185&winggene=212&wings=112&auth=fc21cb5e2cdfdc3f6b79c22417a3498c731053ac&dummyext=prev.png
Is she beautiful? It seems to me, yes. Soft iridescences of pink, going into deep blue. But no such pair was created, although the sandsurges were, and are, very popular. I was thinking of creating such a pair, but after reading the thread, I had big doubts...
I feel like there's a more simple answer here where even if you list every single hatchling you breed for fodder floor, if you breed your dragons enough you will ALWAYS see returns on them eventually. I'm a person that doesn't mind long lineage lists on my dragons that I breed; I think it's fun in fact! and there is the simple fact that selling just 10 hatchlings for a fodder floor of 5.5kt will net me 55kt in earnings before tax is taken out. 20 hatchlings is over 100kt, which is around the cost of some ancient genes. so if I'm breeding an ancient pair then 20 hatchlings (it doesn't even have to be THEIR hatchlings, ANY hatchlings I sell can be an easy 5.5kt) sold will have paid for one of their genes. and since dragons can be bred infinitely the returns I see are theoretically infinite no matter how cheap I make my hatchlings.

so I guess the tl;dr of it is, I don't gene up my dragons and breed them to become a hatchery-owning FR billionaire, I just do it because it's a fun, easy thing that also makes me money with almost zero effort. hatchlings go brrrrrrrr
I feel like there's a more simple answer here where even if you list every single hatchling you breed for fodder floor, if you breed your dragons enough you will ALWAYS see returns on them eventually. I'm a person that doesn't mind long lineage lists on my dragons that I breed; I think it's fun in fact! and there is the simple fact that selling just 10 hatchlings for a fodder floor of 5.5kt will net me 55kt in earnings before tax is taken out. 20 hatchlings is over 100kt, which is around the cost of some ancient genes. so if I'm breeding an ancient pair then 20 hatchlings (it doesn't even have to be THEIR hatchlings, ANY hatchlings I sell can be an easy 5.5kt) sold will have paid for one of their genes. and since dragons can be bred infinitely the returns I see are theoretically infinite no matter how cheap I make my hatchlings.

so I guess the tl;dr of it is, I don't gene up my dragons and breed them to become a hatchery-owning FR billionaire, I just do it because it's a fun, easy thing that also makes me money with almost zero effort. hatchlings go brrrrrrrr
[quote name="Enko" date="2023-12-26 10:42:12" ] [quote name="Niraven" date="2023-12-26 10:25:16" ] [quote name="Enko" date="2023-12-26 10:04:51" ] For example, I want to buy such a dragon. There are basically no such things on the market. No. Even in such colors, not to mention the genes. I can't just come and buy, as advised here. Therefore, I am now breed two dragons in order to get the right one with a certain chance, then I still need to spend gems on the genes of coatl, pharaoh, bee and glimmer. Is this a strange dragon? I don't think so. Ugly? Definitely not. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=130&bodygene=87&breed=12&element=11&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=172&tertgene=10&winggene=20&wings=84&auth=fb04d0226785abf4059c1cbd0548ba9669dc6bc5&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [/quote] What is the point you're trying to make, exactly? I'm assuming this dragon a Leaf/Saffron/Sunset. A quick [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/auction-house/buy/realm/dragons?d_body_range=37-40&d_wings_range=167-83&d_tert_range=45-47&collapse=1]search in the AH[/url] give me results for close-ranged (+5/-5) dragons. Sure, there's not the exact dragon and sure, they don't have the right genes... But some have one of two genes, some are the right breed. If I plan things correctly, I can easily create the exact dragon from your scry... Albeit with a lot of patience, and maybe gems to accelerate the project. But I can easily create that dragon. And strangely enough, none of the dragons from that AH search cost hundreds of gems or thousands of treasures to purchase. When people say they can "come and buy", what they mean is "I can produce that dragon myself if it's a dream dragon, or wait for someone else to produce it". It's all a matter of being patient though - either you wait for that dragon to be produced by someone else, or you produce it yourself. But eventually, every single color combination will exist on the site, that is true. But they certainly won't be produced by people who stick to breeding triples and xxy. Instead, they are produced by random fodder pairs, Stock the Pond pairs, experiments by random breeders, or breeding done carefully by someone specifically looking for that color combination. What about genes? You can just apply a few scroll on a dragon and boom, the dragon has the right genes. Same thing for the breed, outside of Imperials. Not everyone has the money to regen an entire dragon? Well, there are many means to get money on this website, so it's really not an issue, you don't have to be patient. [/quote] Radioactive, but that's right. I mean, not every dragon can just come and buy. Are we talking about XXX? Well I want to buy XXX sunsurge indigo or plum. I'm looking at the auction... Where are they, XXX, of which there are many, like fodders? Riddle... For example, this one. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=112&bodygene=212&breed=23&element=5&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=112&tertgene=185&winggene=212&wings=112&auth=fc21cb5e2cdfdc3f6b79c22417a3498c731053ac&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Is she beautiful? It seems to me, yes. Soft iridescences of pink, going into deep blue. But no such pair was created, although the sandsurges were, and are, very popular. I was thinking of creating such a pair, but after reading the thread, I had big doubts... [/quote] You wont get your money back, but that doesn't mean it wont be worth it. Only you can decide that. That said. For 15G you can buy this one, which should be close enough. All you have to do is change the genes, which saves you 1000G on the breed scroll. https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/91452356 8000t https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/91715931
Enko wrote on 2023-12-26 10:42:12:
Niraven wrote on 2023-12-26 10:25:16:

What is the point you're trying to make, exactly?
I'm assuming this dragon a Leaf/Saffron/Sunset. A quick search in the AH give me results for close-ranged (+5/-5) dragons. Sure, there's not the exact dragon and sure, they don't have the right genes... But some have one of two genes, some are the right breed. If I plan things correctly, I can easily create the exact dragon from your scry... Albeit with a lot of patience, and maybe gems to accelerate the project. But I can easily create that dragon. And strangely enough, none of the dragons from that AH search cost hundreds of gems or thousands of treasures to purchase.

When people say they can "come and buy", what they mean is "I can produce that dragon myself if it's a dream dragon, or wait for someone else to produce it". It's all a matter of being patient though - either you wait for that dragon to be produced by someone else, or you produce it yourself. But eventually, every single color combination will exist on the site, that is true. But they certainly won't be produced by people who stick to breeding triples and xxy. Instead, they are produced by random fodder pairs, Stock the Pond pairs, experiments by random breeders, or breeding done carefully by someone specifically looking for that color combination.

What about genes? You can just apply a few scroll on a dragon and boom, the dragon has the right genes. Same thing for the breed, outside of Imperials. Not everyone has the money to regen an entire dragon? Well, there are many means to get money on this website, so it's really not an issue, you don't have to be patient.
Radioactive, but that's right. I mean, not every dragon can just come and buy. Are we talking about XXX? Well I want to buy XXX sunsurge indigo or plum. I'm looking at the auction... Where are they, XXX, of which there are many, like fodders? Riddle...
For example, this one.
dragon?age=1&body=112&bodygene=212&breed=23&element=5&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=112&tertgene=185&winggene=212&wings=112&auth=fc21cb5e2cdfdc3f6b79c22417a3498c731053ac&dummyext=prev.png
Is she beautiful? It seems to me, yes. Soft iridescences of pink, going into deep blue. But no such pair was created, although the sandsurges were, and are, very popular. I was thinking of creating such a pair, but after reading the thread, I had big doubts...
You wont get your money back, but that doesn't mean it wont be worth it. Only you can decide that.

That said. For 15G you can buy this one, which should be close enough. All you have to do is change the genes, which saves you 1000G on the breed scroll.

https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/91452356

8000t
https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/91715931
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *