Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Price dumping on newly released breeds
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
[quote name="Noddddd" date="2023-12-26 17:32:54" ] [quote name="Enko" date="2023-12-26 16:29:59" ] To breed dragons for fun, as they advise here, you must first have money for this fun :) [/quote] maybe find some other ways to make money or invest in a few fodder pairs? you clearly have money or at least had money to gene your dragons up in the first place. maybe next time choose dragons that you actually like? this seems like a self made problem [/quote] The fodder pair will give me 15g per day if I plant a pair in the nest every day (it is impossible to plant more than 31 pairs per month). This is 450 g per month. Do you really think that this will be enough for a couple with Harlequin/Jester genes? [emoji=coatl confused size=1]
Noddddd wrote on 2023-12-26 17:32:54:
Enko wrote on 2023-12-26 16:29:59:
To breed dragons for fun, as they advise here, you must first have money for this fun :)
maybe find some other ways to make money or invest in a few fodder pairs? you clearly have money or at least had money to gene your dragons up in the first place. maybe next time choose dragons that you actually like? this seems like a self made problem
The fodder pair will give me 15g per day if I plant a pair in the nest every day (it is impossible to plant more than 31 pairs per month). This is 450 g per month. Do you really think that this will be enough for a couple with Harlequin/Jester genes?
[quote name="Enko" date="2023-12-26 16:29:59" ] @Bashett When creating a pair, I usually expect that it will pay off in three clutches. However, in the first laying, prices were inflated (auras were sold for 500-700 g and they were bought!), and then they simply drop so much that it is puzzling. Both aether and sandsurge prices decreased gradually, there was no such sharp drop. I also like the Harle/Jes genes, but I understand that such a pair will not pay off in a few clutches. And I have to choose whether I want to spend money on these genes or make some kind of project pair. To breed dragons for fun, as they advise here, you must first have money for this fun :) [/quote] Yes, that’s why I would never advise someone new to start profiting with breeding pairs, because is not a reliable source of income, is a bonus if you have one For example this NOTN i have made 14,000gems and I have 17,000g stored in hoard, but only like 15% is from breeding pairs
Enko wrote on 2023-12-26 16:29:59:
@Bashett
When creating a pair, I usually expect that it will pay off in three clutches. However, in the first laying, prices were inflated (auras were sold for 500-700 g and they were bought!), and then they simply drop so much that it is puzzling. Both aether and sandsurge prices decreased gradually, there was no such sharp drop.
I also like the Harle/Jes genes, but I understand that such a pair will not pay off in a few clutches. And I have to choose whether I want to spend money on these genes or make some kind of project pair. To breed dragons for fun, as they advise here, you must first have money for this fun :)

Yes, that’s why I would never advise someone new to start profiting with breeding pairs, because is not a reliable source of income, is a bonus if you have one
For example this NOTN i have made 14,000gems and I have 17,000g stored in hoard, but only like 15% is from breeding pairs
5a066ddb322c44953d878c49e7978a00895ca735.png
450g a month seems pretty good to me for about a minute of work everyday. there are a ton of guides about how to make money in FR.

i would also suggest finding cheaper gene combos, if your so worried about the cost.

players who are trying to make the most money don’t generally rely on dragon sales to do so except for g1s because they are aware of how the economy works. unfortunately complaining won’t change how it works now and how it has worked for years
450g a month seems pretty good to me for about a minute of work everyday. there are a ton of guides about how to make money in FR.

i would also suggest finding cheaper gene combos, if your so worried about the cost.

players who are trying to make the most money don’t generally rely on dragon sales to do so except for g1s because they are aware of how the economy works. unfortunately complaining won’t change how it works now and how it has worked for years
D9XjOpZ.jpg
Spending "three, four or five times more" to get the results you want is not a bad thing! I'd call it a play style as a g1 lair, haha. But it can also be the quickest method to get the results you are looking for because a hatchery isn't really about variety, but catering to specific results. From my experience of games that revolve around breeding, FR just isn't that. It's purely subjective aesthetics (and dom). You don't gain stat boosts and most ideas are accessible with enough time. Plus the accessibility to achieve most dragon ideas means we don't suffer from excessive scarcity. Game communities that have that are so darn toxic. But running a hatchery is a fun activity that fits some players. You get to come up with the pairs, maybe some lore or art, decorate the hatchery post, etc. There just might not be a lot of profit in it. [quote name="DeathbyPixelz"]Off-topic but oh my god you NEED to charge more than that. That is nowhere near enough for 18 hours of work. [/quote] Even if art takes you 30 minutes (I am not referring to AI!) - people are paying for your knowledge and skill. Just my 2 cents on that because there are unbelievable artists out there who are just that awesome. :)
Spending "three, four or five times more" to get the results you want is not a bad thing! I'd call it a play style as a g1 lair, haha. But it can also be the quickest method to get the results you are looking for because a hatchery isn't really about variety, but catering to specific results.

From my experience of games that revolve around breeding, FR just isn't that. It's purely subjective aesthetics (and dom). You don't gain stat boosts and most ideas are accessible with enough time.

Plus the accessibility to achieve most dragon ideas means we don't suffer from excessive scarcity. Game communities that have that are so darn toxic.

But running a hatchery is a fun activity that fits some players. You get to come up with the pairs, maybe some lore or art, decorate the hatchery post, etc. There just might not be a lot of profit in it.

DeathbyPixelz wrote:
Off-topic but oh my god you NEED to charge more than that. That is nowhere near enough for 18 hours of work.

Even if art takes you 30 minutes (I am not referring to AI!) - people are paying for your knowledge and skill. Just my 2 cents on that because there are unbelievable artists out there who are just that awesome. :)
[quote name="PeachyGremlin" date="2023-12-26 18:45:54" ] Spending "three, four or five times more" to get the results you want is not a bad thing! I'd call it a play style as a g1 lair, haha. But it can also be the quickest method to get the results you are looking for because a hatchery isn't really about variety, but catering to specific results. From my experience of games that revolve around breeding, FR just isn't that. It's purely subjective aesthetics (and dom). You don't gain stat boosts and most ideas are accessible with enough time. Plus the accessibility to achieve most dragon ideas means we don't suffer from excessive scarcity. Game communities that have that are so darn toxic. But running a hatchery is a fun activity that fits some players. You get to come up with the pairs, maybe some lore or art, decorate the hatchery post, etc. There just might not be a lot of profit in it. [quote name="DeathbyPixelz"]Off-topic but oh my god you NEED to charge more than that. That is nowhere near enough for 18 hours of work. [/quote] Even if art takes you 30 minutes (I am not referring to AI!) - people are paying for your knowledge and skill. Just my 2 cents on that because there are unbelievable artists out there who are just that awesome. :) [/quote] Kindly tell me, please, how to make a profit from G1? Try to outbid those hatchlings that sell for the price of fodder, and sell for more?
PeachyGremlin wrote on 2023-12-26 18:45:54:
Spending "three, four or five times more" to get the results you want is not a bad thing! I'd call it a play style as a g1 lair, haha. But it can also be the quickest method to get the results you are looking for because a hatchery isn't really about variety, but catering to specific results.

From my experience of games that revolve around breeding, FR just isn't that. It's purely subjective aesthetics (and dom). You don't gain stat boosts and most ideas are accessible with enough time.

Plus the accessibility to achieve most dragon ideas means we don't suffer from excessive scarcity. Game communities that have that are so darn toxic.

But running a hatchery is a fun activity that fits some players. You get to come up with the pairs, maybe some lore or art, decorate the hatchery post, etc. There just might not be a lot of profit in it.

DeathbyPixelz wrote:
Off-topic but oh my god you NEED to charge more than that. That is nowhere near enough for 18 hours of work.

Even if art takes you 30 minutes (I am not referring to AI!) - people are paying for your knowledge and skill. Just my 2 cents on that because there are unbelievable artists out there who are just that awesome. :)
Kindly tell me, please, how to make a profit from G1? Try to outbid those hatchlings that sell for the price of fodder, and sell for more?
Profiting off G1s is... a gamble. If you have a hatch with desired colors you're set. If you don't, that's... 200g in the hole. Honestly idk. There's built in ways to make money on the site (fairgrounds, coliseum) and I think some of y'all are leaning too hard into the dragon capitalism. This is a game about having fun not a game solely about maximizing profit. Other people's fun is gonna be different from yours. That's just how things go.
Profiting off G1s is... a gamble. If you have a hatch with desired colors you're set. If you don't, that's... 200g in the hole. Honestly idk. There's built in ways to make money on the site (fairgrounds, coliseum) and I think some of y'all are leaning too hard into the dragon capitalism. This is a game about having fun not a game solely about maximizing profit. Other people's fun is gonna be different from yours. That's just how things go.
my personal project tracker

(link pending) lair lineage projects
[quote name="aeviternity" date="2023-12-26 19:01:35" ] Profiting off G1s is... a gamble. If you have a hatch with desired colors you're set. If you don't, that's... 200g in the hole. Honestly idk. There's built in ways to make money on the site (fairgrounds, coliseum) and I think some of y'all are leaning too hard into the dragon capitalism. This is a game about having fun not a game solely about maximizing profit. Other people's fun is gonna be different from yours. That's just how things go. [/quote] Yes, you are absolutely right! You can have fun anyway you want, without violating the rules of the site, of course, and spend as much money as you want on it. But in this case, it is fun, and not a reliable way to make money for it. The probability of pulling XXY XYY XYY out of the egg is slightly more than 1%. And I'm not lucky enough to keep getting them on several attempts.
aeviternity wrote on 2023-12-26 19:01:35:
Yes, you are absolutely right! You can have fun anyway you want, without violating the rules of the site, of course, and spend as much money as you want on it. But in this case, it is fun, and not a reliable way to make money for it. The probability of pulling XXY XYY XYY out of the egg is slightly more than 1%. And I'm not lucky enough to keep getting them on several attempts.
@Enko - Sorry, I wasn't talking about ways to make profit from dragon sales or g1s at all! I was just saying that players achieve the dragon they want by spending money on gene changes, etc. - no matter it's generation - and that it's not a bad thing. Aeviternity's reply is great so I don't have anything more to add. Just wanted to clear up any confusion on what I wrote.
@Enko - Sorry, I wasn't talking about ways to make profit from dragon sales or g1s at all! I was just saying that players achieve the dragon they want by spending money on gene changes, etc. - no matter it's generation - and that it's not a bad thing. Aeviternity's reply is great so I don't have anything more to add. Just wanted to clear up any confusion on what I wrote.
@PeachyGremlin
Oh, thanks for the clarification, I misunderstood you!
@PeachyGremlin
Oh, thanks for the clarification, I misunderstood you!
This thread was a wild ride to go through.

First off I was extremely put off and offended by the breeding and art making comparison. Choosing compatible dragons and clicking a few buttons is not an adequate comparison to taking hours, days, or weeks to finish an artwork using a skill you’ve honed throughout much of your life :/

Secondly, dragon selling is a market. Like any market it’s driven by supply and demand. If there’s more supply than demand then of course the expensive stuff won’t sell easily. If there’s more demand for fodder then of course you’ll see the cheaper dragon sell for more especially during competitive pushes. If there’s more demand for more special dragons such as old dragons (7 digits and below) or rare Gen ones (doubles and triples) then of course those will sell more. This is simply how markets are run. If a player wants their dragon to sell just analyze the market, set your expectations, and price accordingly
This thread was a wild ride to go through.

First off I was extremely put off and offended by the breeding and art making comparison. Choosing compatible dragons and clicking a few buttons is not an adequate comparison to taking hours, days, or weeks to finish an artwork using a skill you’ve honed throughout much of your life :/

Secondly, dragon selling is a market. Like any market it’s driven by supply and demand. If there’s more supply than demand then of course the expensive stuff won’t sell easily. If there’s more demand for fodder then of course you’ll see the cheaper dragon sell for more especially during competitive pushes. If there’s more demand for more special dragons such as old dragons (7 digits and below) or rare Gen ones (doubles and triples) then of course those will sell more. This is simply how markets are run. If a player wants their dragon to sell just analyze the market, set your expectations, and price accordingly
8atStKf.png8KhZull.png
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13