Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Dev Update: Pinglists & More
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 73 74
I'll be interested to see how the pinglist feature will work. I'm a little concerned about how we will be able to handle raffles from here though, since typically that's a one time ping of everyone who was in the raffle before the draw
I'll be interested to see how the pinglist feature will work. I'm a little concerned about how we will be able to handle raffles from here though, since typically that's a one time ping of everyone who was in the raffle before the draw
Veridian Brewing Co Gladeveins Battle Guild Blossom Buddies Adopts Pride Phrogs! They/them
He/him
Neurodivergent
American
FR time +0
These updates are so exciting! Thank you for being so attentive to player feedback and providing us with these upcoming tools!
These updates are so exciting! Thank you for being so attentive to player feedback and providing us with these upcoming tools!
Tele | FR +2 | Avatar Dragon | Sales
[quote]IMPORTANT NOTE: The ping command can only be used by the pinglist's creator[/quote] That... is a big issue, actually. Many communities and services rely on using publicly available pinglists. G1/old dragon/art dragon sales and auctions, nest rentals, KS item buyers/sellers, skin/accent sales all use [i]huge and intricate[/i] public pinglists that many players can use. Please consider adding an option to make a pinglist public, because otherwise this will cripple a huge part of player interaction.
Quote:
IMPORTANT NOTE: The ping command can only be used by the pinglist's creator

That... is a big issue, actually. Many communities and services rely on using publicly available pinglists. G1/old dragon/art dragon sales and auctions, nest rentals, KS item buyers/sellers, skin/accent sales all use huge and intricate public pinglists that many players can use.

Please consider adding an option to make a pinglist public, because otherwise this will cripple a huge part of player interaction.
KmnIjfw.png
[quote name="smolfroglesbian" date="2023-10-26 09:43:44" ] I'll be interested to see how the pinglist feature will work. I'm a little concerned about how we will be able to handle raffles from here though, since typically that's a one time ping of everyone who was in the raffle before the draw [/quote] oh this too. i completely forgot about raffles.
smolfroglesbian wrote on 2023-10-26 09:43:44:
oh this too. i completely forgot about raffles.
Pressed Morning Glory Venex
they/them
_^___^
(=0ω0=)
23378621.png Pressed Moonflower
If I recall correctly, PvP was either offline when I joined (about ten thousand years ago) or was disabled soon after.
I'll be honest, at this point I want it to never be implemented simply because the perpetual "coming soon" button is funny to me.

(You're doing great work and the pinglist feature looks like it's going to be very useful, thank you)

EDIT: people are making a good point about a toggle to make pinglists public. I agree that it's something that should be added.
If I recall correctly, PvP was either offline when I joined (about ten thousand years ago) or was disabled soon after.
I'll be honest, at this point I want it to never be implemented simply because the perpetual "coming soon" button is funny to me.

(You're doing great work and the pinglist feature looks like it's going to be very useful, thank you)

EDIT: people are making a good point about a toggle to make pinglists public. I agree that it's something that should be added.
This is a signature.
Wasn't expecting a ping QoL :o I don't use pinglists very often I'm not too active in skins/dom/etc. but it's nice for those that do ^^ And the reprint option is I'm sure really nice as well :D

EDIT:
After reading a couple posts, I think an option to make a pinglist publicly available would be the best. For things like GASP, the gen1/old dragon collectors and such. Sales pinglists like that are a big part in the community
Wasn't expecting a ping QoL :o I don't use pinglists very often I'm not too active in skins/dom/etc. but it's nice for those that do ^^ And the reprint option is I'm sure really nice as well :D

EDIT:
After reading a couple posts, I think an option to make a pinglist publicly available would be the best. For things like GASP, the gen1/old dragon collectors and such. Sales pinglists like that are a big part in the community
ooo IJkKw0f.pngo K H U Z D U L
- - - - - - - - - - -
SHE/HER +0
25 LIBRA
oo Avatar dragon
Lore
About me
Pings ok!
• Did you hatch an
Abyss/Copper/X gen1,
but don't want them?
Don't exalt them! Hit me up ;)
welp, guess I've gotta go into my hatchery now to create a ton of pinglists for each pair.

Something that I'm not quite clear about is, are pinglists specific to that specific thread? Or will a pinglist be able to be used in other threads? I imagine that could get confusing very quickly... But then again, having one pinglist for dom stuff is lots easier.

And how are we supposed to share pinglists if you've made them all private with no public view?
welp, guess I've gotta go into my hatchery now to create a ton of pinglists for each pair.

Something that I'm not quite clear about is, are pinglists specific to that specific thread? Or will a pinglist be able to be used in other threads? I imagine that could get confusing very quickly... But then again, having one pinglist for dom stuff is lots easier.

And how are we supposed to share pinglists if you've made them all private with no public view?
Z5qrQtx.gif
7ebac6b3af9f12d3a4fa4f1dbbceaae2243780f9.png62899cd3275f2a35097380052cdd779e44e89c6c.pnge448ae88c64c70af9f549e4014ccc630c1c6861c.png
this is great! us mobile users can finally add ourselves to pinglists and put some load off of skinmakers (etc) backs :)

i do wonder how it will work in practice tho, but i guess there will be some trial and error
this is great! us mobile users can finally add ourselves to pinglists and put some load off of skinmakers (etc) backs :)

i do wonder how it will work in practice tho, but i guess there will be some trial and error
XN35oD9.png
QXbwURF.png
eswSnrS.png
OxagJgG.png
bhdEs05.png
ohh! this is a lot of very exciting stuff
ohh! this is a lot of very exciting stuff
horizontal banner that has blue space background, The Arcanist who glows pink, and light pink text that says Thanks Arcanist
Ledi | finland | 10+ fr time | adult | artist & game dev
identity button signifying that user identifies as gayidentity button signifying that user is transgender and uses he pronounsidentity button that signifies that user is autisticidentity button that signifies that user has adhd
Generally a very exciting update!

But like a lot of others, I’m curious how this will effect GASP/G1s/etc. and other highly-specific pinglists that are generated based on a user’s specific preferences.
Generally a very exciting update!

But like a lot of others, I’m curious how this will effect GASP/G1s/etc. and other highly-specific pinglists that are generated based on a user’s specific preferences.
l29.pngs21.pngo664-d02-Cirrostratus.pngo664-d03-Cirrostratus.pngo664-d04-Cirrostratus.pngo664-d01-R-Cirrostratus.png - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - iA6Dl9p.png
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 73 74