Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Exalting Criteria Option
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
[quote name="Ogerpon" date="2023-10-14 05:10:07" ] I might be shooting in the dark, but I don't think anyone that replied in this thread would buy your dragon if they had so little control over what they can do with the dragon they bought. Correct me if I'm wrong, guys. [/quote] As someone who doesn't exalt, I wouldn't buy the dragon. I have exalted two dragons in my time on this site, and, as of right now, I don't have plans to go on an exalting spree. I still wouldn't buy the dragon, because I never know what might happen in the future. Maybe I will decide that exalting is something I want to do. There were also some interesting points raised, that would also be a reason I wouldn't want it. If I decide to sell, what happens to those criteria. When I decide to get rid of a dragon, I usually just sell it for fodder, because I don't care what happens to it, I just want it out of my lair (I want to at least give it a chance at being someone's dream dragon, but if it doesn't happen, I don't care). So, will the next person be bound by those criteria if I never met them? Imagine exalters now having to worry about the criteria of all the fodder they buy because someone like me might buy the dragon (potentially not even realizing there IS criteria) and wants to sell it quick. Or even just people wanting to sell at fodder price, but putting conditions on the fodder. No thanks.
Ogerpon wrote on 2023-10-14 05:10:07:
I might be shooting in the dark, but I don't think anyone that replied in this thread would buy your dragon if they had so little control over what they can do with the dragon they bought.

Correct me if I'm wrong, guys.
As someone who doesn't exalt, I wouldn't buy the dragon. I have exalted two dragons in my time on this site, and, as of right now, I don't have plans to go on an exalting spree.

I still wouldn't buy the dragon, because I never know what might happen in the future. Maybe I will decide that exalting is something I want to do.

There were also some interesting points raised, that would also be a reason I wouldn't want it. If I decide to sell, what happens to those criteria. When I decide to get rid of a dragon, I usually just sell it for fodder, because I don't care what happens to it, I just want it out of my lair (I want to at least give it a chance at being someone's dream dragon, but if it doesn't happen, I don't care). So, will the next person be bound by those criteria if I never met them?

Imagine exalters now having to worry about the criteria of all the fodder they buy because someone like me might buy the dragon (potentially not even realizing there IS criteria) and wants to sell it quick. Or even just people wanting to sell at fodder price, but putting conditions on the fodder.

No thanks.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
All I'm going to say that if this was ever actually implemented I'd genuinely just. Quit. You already have areas for things like that, it's the dragon sale and dragon search threads. There's no need for this amount of control to be held over a dragon that is no longer yours. So what if the dragon gets "kibbled" like you say? The art is still there. The dragon still exists but just as a png that can't have apparel put on anymore/messed with. This website is constantly newly generated dragons, and there's nothing "special" or "pedigree" about them. They're pixels. exalting isn't murdering them in cold blood. No support, at all, and i hope nothing like this ever gets put in the game.
All I'm going to say that if this was ever actually implemented I'd genuinely just. Quit. You already have areas for things like that, it's the dragon sale and dragon search threads. There's no need for this amount of control to be held over a dragon that is no longer yours. So what if the dragon gets "kibbled" like you say? The art is still there. The dragon still exists but just as a png that can't have apparel put on anymore/messed with. This website is constantly newly generated dragons, and there's nothing "special" or "pedigree" about them. They're pixels. exalting isn't murdering them in cold blood. No support, at all, and i hope nothing like this ever gets put in the game.
tumblr_inline_n6kdvfauea1qlye38.gif Fear not child, the Shadows will protect you.tumblr_inline_n6kdvfauea1qlye38.gif
I'm echoing what everyone has said here already, unfortunately. I [i]completely[/i] empathize with the feeling of disappointment of having a dragon you worked hard for and/or loved deeply be exalted, especially within the day of being bought. That's happened [i]many[/i] times to me before. And I think it's really admirable that you want to try and have dragons find loving forever homes! (/gen) I just don't think it's possible for the site. We're nearing dragon #90000000 now, and even having just a 10th of active users listing their dragons with criteria of any kind could create a humongous amount of backlog in dragons. It can be hard selling dragons above fodder price, even if it's just 15kt. It can even be difficult to sell dragons at fodder price when dom-pushes are low. I see dragons in the giveaway forums going unclaimed for weeks because the common consensus is that you take those dragons in good faith (i.e without the intention to exalt). I can only imagine how hard it would be to sell dragons with exalt-criteria attached to them. And say someone buys one of these criteria-bound dragons. If this person no longer wants the dragon and wants to get rid of it, they're now either stuck selling it for lower in hopes of it selling quickly, or (assuming the new owner can edit/remove criteria) they would relist the dragon for fodder price, effectively negating the purpose of criteria as a whole. If that leveling criteria was implemented, especially the level 4 one, these criteria-bound dragons (who will be selling at much lower prices than fodder for reasons like the one mentioned above) would just be seen as cheap and easy fodder. That would also negate the use of criteria and also sort of bring incentive to exalt these dragons even [i]more[/i]. I think by [i]far[/i] the best and only remedy to this problem would be to do what Almedha mentioned. [quote name="Almedha" date="2023-10-14 13:04:57" ] ... A similar affect is achieved by pricing dragons for, say, 50kt on the AH and then just waiting for them to sell for however long it takes. Dragons at this pricepoint are rarely purchased with the [i]intent[/i] of exalting... [/quote] While it's not a 100% guarantee that high prices will prevent exalting (I've had hatchlings from an old pair get exalted despite selling at 150kt each), It's absolutely the best method to prevent immediate exalting. It's the idea of "I'd be ok with a dragon running the risk of being exalted so long as I get x amount of treasure/gems for them." That's already criteria, and one that you can change the "intensity" of by raising or lowering price! I had quite a few dragons I hoped to sell to forever homes, so I set them at high prices (100g+) in hopes they'd be bought. It took [b][i]months[/i][/b], but eventually a good bit of them sold! The majority of them last I checked are doing great and are very well loved! Though I had more than 1 exalted a week or so after being bought. I'll miss them, but that's just something I ran the risk of by not keeping them. And I can attest to this strategy working on the buyer's end as well! Many of my permas (not g1s, random g2+s) were bought at very high prices (upwards of 600g for one) because I loved them and was willing to pay the price for them. None of those dragons have been exalted and I don't intend on doing that. It's sort of a situation where you can either: [LIST] [*] List a dragon for cheap and sell it quickly - Higher likelihood of that dragon being exalted. [*] List a dragon at a bigger cost - Less likelihood of that dragon being exalted. [/LIST] Again, I really can understand the viewpoint of someone trying to ensure dragons they love find a new home that may take care of them. Having those dragons be exalted not even a few hours after being bought is very disheartening. But the site just can't handle this. Exalting is a [b]vital[/b] part of the game, and FR lore wise it's a pretty good gig for dragons to end up in! [size=2]edited to clean up funky grammar and clear my points a little better[/size]
I'm echoing what everyone has said here already, unfortunately. I completely empathize with the feeling of disappointment of having a dragon you worked hard for and/or loved deeply be exalted, especially within the day of being bought. That's happened many times to me before. And I think it's really admirable that you want to try and have dragons find loving forever homes! (/gen)

I just don't think it's possible for the site. We're nearing dragon #90000000 now, and even having just a 10th of active users listing their dragons with criteria of any kind could create a humongous amount of backlog in dragons.

It can be hard selling dragons above fodder price, even if it's just 15kt. It can even be difficult to sell dragons at fodder price when dom-pushes are low. I see dragons in the giveaway forums going unclaimed for weeks because the common consensus is that you take those dragons in good faith (i.e without the intention to exalt). I can only imagine how hard it would be to sell dragons with exalt-criteria attached to them.

And say someone buys one of these criteria-bound dragons. If this person no longer wants the dragon and wants to get rid of it, they're now either stuck selling it for lower in hopes of it selling quickly, or (assuming the new owner can edit/remove criteria) they would relist the dragon for fodder price, effectively negating the purpose of criteria as a whole.

If that leveling criteria was implemented, especially the level 4 one, these criteria-bound dragons (who will be selling at much lower prices than fodder for reasons like the one mentioned above) would just be seen as cheap and easy fodder. That would also negate the use of criteria and also sort of bring incentive to exalt these dragons even more.

I think by far the best and only remedy to this problem would be to do what Almedha mentioned.
Almedha wrote on 2023-10-14 13:04:57:
... A similar affect is achieved by pricing dragons for, say, 50kt on the AH and then just waiting for them to sell for however long it takes. Dragons at this pricepoint are rarely purchased with the intent of exalting...
While it's not a 100% guarantee that high prices will prevent exalting (I've had hatchlings from an old pair get exalted despite selling at 150kt each), It's absolutely the best method to prevent immediate exalting. It's the idea of "I'd be ok with a dragon running the risk of being exalted so long as I get x amount of treasure/gems for them." That's already criteria, and one that you can change the "intensity" of by raising or lowering price!

I had quite a few dragons I hoped to sell to forever homes, so I set them at high prices (100g+) in hopes they'd be bought. It took months, but eventually a good bit of them sold! The majority of them last I checked are doing great and are very well loved! Though I had more than 1 exalted a week or so after being bought. I'll miss them, but that's just something I ran the risk of by not keeping them.

And I can attest to this strategy working on the buyer's end as well! Many of my permas (not g1s, random g2+s) were bought at very high prices (upwards of 600g for one) because I loved them and was willing to pay the price for them. None of those dragons have been exalted and I don't intend on doing that.

It's sort of a situation where you can either:
  • List a dragon for cheap and sell it quickly - Higher likelihood of that dragon being exalted.
  • List a dragon at a bigger cost - Less likelihood of that dragon being exalted.

Again, I really can understand the viewpoint of someone trying to ensure dragons they love find a new home that may take care of them. Having those dragons be exalted not even a few hours after being bought is very disheartening. But the site just can't handle this. Exalting is a vital part of the game, and FR lore wise it's a pretty good gig for dragons to end up in!

edited to clean up funky grammar and clear my points a little better
4T0426g.png ~~~ Dragon Training

LF UMAs

The fact that anyone can genuinely think they should be able control what other users can do with their own dragons is just completely and utterly bizarre

The suggestion is just entitlement, no support, obviously. It goes directly and explicitly against site guidelines
The fact that anyone can genuinely think they should be able control what other users can do with their own dragons is just completely and utterly bizarre

The suggestion is just entitlement, no support, obviously. It goes directly and explicitly against site guidelines
sBdLZtA.png
No support. If this went live? I'd block every user using it that I could find.
No support. If this went live? I'd block every user using it that I could find.
Please don't quote me.
@Nevermore1772 I have in mind an option when this could become acceptable for me.
If buyer can at any moment send dragon back to person settled criteria and get full refund for it.

Of course to guaranty this works process should be automated in some kind. To prevent situations when criteria-maker has no lair spaice or funds or simply refuse accept dragon.
Lair spaice in their lair should be locked for each criterried dragon they sold untill dragon fullfill criteria or returned to them. Same with cash. They can not use cash from sale until dragon fullfill criteria or returned to them.
And thus refund could happens immidiatly when buyer send request to system :)
This also force criteria-maker choose criteria wize (if they blindly set all dragon as "lvl to 25" they could waist all their lair spaice)

Of course this is very complicated and I do not really want it being realised. I just offer you taste entire situation from different sides.
And if this scenario do not satisfy you at any second then your OP is lie.
@Nevermore1772 I have in mind an option when this could become acceptable for me.
If buyer can at any moment send dragon back to person settled criteria and get full refund for it.

Of course to guaranty this works process should be automated in some kind. To prevent situations when criteria-maker has no lair spaice or funds or simply refuse accept dragon.
Lair spaice in their lair should be locked for each criterried dragon they sold untill dragon fullfill criteria or returned to them. Same with cash. They can not use cash from sale until dragon fullfill criteria or returned to them.
And thus refund could happens immidiatly when buyer send request to system :)
This also force criteria-maker choose criteria wize (if they blindly set all dragon as "lvl to 25" they could waist all their lair spaice)

Of course this is very complicated and I do not really want it being realised. I just offer you taste entire situation from different sides.
And if this scenario do not satisfy you at any second then your OP is lie.

preorder list

Buy

Buy

Buy

Buy
No support...as others have stated, this goes against the rules that players can't tell each other how to play the game. This just opens the door to all kinds of harassment, as well as harming site functioning. There are so many uncountable dragons on this site that in order for the site to function properly, some need to be deleted routinely.

As someone else mentioned: FR gives us the grace of still displaying these exalted dragons on the site, which other sites (namely wajas and gryffs) do not do. Exalting is a positive term: placing the dragons on a pillar to joyfully serve their deity in the highest honor. The official site lore is pretty rad!

Players who sell or give away dragons on the forums n whatnot are already able to heavily suggest that dragons obtained from them are preferred not to be exalted or flipped and that is enough.

You say that this "feature" wouldn't be intended for those who don't like it but we already have such a thing implemented. You're not required to exalt your dragons if you don't want to, that's perfectly fine. You also say that exalting lairs aren't entitled to cheap pretties, but neither are non-exalting. No one is entitled to anything on FR, except maybe their progens. This game runes on a first come, first serve basis--if there are pretties you're after that you can't get off the AH before they're exalted, there are always breeding projects c:

Edit: last note--people disagreeing politely with you and explaining their valid arguments (just as you do) is worlds away from "disrespect"
No support...as others have stated, this goes against the rules that players can't tell each other how to play the game. This just opens the door to all kinds of harassment, as well as harming site functioning. There are so many uncountable dragons on this site that in order for the site to function properly, some need to be deleted routinely.

As someone else mentioned: FR gives us the grace of still displaying these exalted dragons on the site, which other sites (namely wajas and gryffs) do not do. Exalting is a positive term: placing the dragons on a pillar to joyfully serve their deity in the highest honor. The official site lore is pretty rad!

Players who sell or give away dragons on the forums n whatnot are already able to heavily suggest that dragons obtained from them are preferred not to be exalted or flipped and that is enough.

You say that this "feature" wouldn't be intended for those who don't like it but we already have such a thing implemented. You're not required to exalt your dragons if you don't want to, that's perfectly fine. You also say that exalting lairs aren't entitled to cheap pretties, but neither are non-exalting. No one is entitled to anything on FR, except maybe their progens. This game runes on a first come, first serve basis--if there are pretties you're after that you can't get off the AH before they're exalted, there are always breeding projects c:

Edit: last note--people disagreeing politely with you and explaining their valid arguments (just as you do) is worlds away from "disrespect"
___
I N F E N Z A

_
MUYNhfy.png
pZJYyk4.png
Y7MOfeL.png
dEe2UrM.png
SDBcrXj.png
9e9okfI.png
0swsiUr.png
No
No
oaolHwW.png
Al1BEGR.png
JvUa9ma.png
xjB7OSe.png
BzjAkuF.png
a69iToJ.png
79991902.png 33016095.png 88027890.png 81385343.png
Hard no support. And I say this as a hatchery owner.

There’s nothing I can say that others haven’t already (and more eloquently) said, but this would make buying dragons on the site absolutely miserable. There is no outcome of this that would not scare people away from the site, or trash the community of the game, lead to people getting harassed both on and offsite, or worse.

There is nothing wrong, morally, financially, or otherwise, with exalting dragons. Once a dragon leaves your lair, that’s it. We have very specific rules around dragon ownership for this exact reason.
Hard no support. And I say this as a hatchery owner.

There’s nothing I can say that others haven’t already (and more eloquently) said, but this would make buying dragons on the site absolutely miserable. There is no outcome of this that would not scare people away from the site, or trash the community of the game, lead to people getting harassed both on and offsite, or worse.

There is nothing wrong, morally, financially, or otherwise, with exalting dragons. Once a dragon leaves your lair, that’s it. We have very specific rules around dragon ownership for this exact reason.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx BqhBR1o.png
This feature is already implemented.

Pedigree breeders have several options to determine the minimum age, Coli level, and number of offspring a dragon has before it is exalted, in addition to requirements on Lore and what it can be named. These features are not on the dragon’s page however, so they’re easy to miss.

The Lore and name requirements aren’t exactly a FR feature as much as a player-made life hack, but some people who sell on the forums require buyers to write a certain amount of lore before selling the dragon, as well as coming up with a name that’s up to the breeder’s personal standards.

In terms of making sure the dragon’s age, Coli level and offspring are reached before the dragon can be exalted, it’s a little more difficult. The options to do so can be found in the lair, the coliseum, and the nesting grounds respectively. The dragon’s minimum age can be set by waiting, the Coli level by grinding, and offspring number through breeding.

Additionally, pedigree breeders may require that their buyers put in a certain amount of effort to earn the ability to exalt a dragon. This effort can be Coli grinding, breeding and selling dragons of their own, taking care of their dragons, or even real life activities such as office work or flipping burgers. This effort is tracked on-site by treasure and gems, and breeders can set the Effort needed to earn Dragon Exaltation Rights on either the AH or their personal sales threads.
This feature is already implemented.

Pedigree breeders have several options to determine the minimum age, Coli level, and number of offspring a dragon has before it is exalted, in addition to requirements on Lore and what it can be named. These features are not on the dragon’s page however, so they’re easy to miss.

The Lore and name requirements aren’t exactly a FR feature as much as a player-made life hack, but some people who sell on the forums require buyers to write a certain amount of lore before selling the dragon, as well as coming up with a name that’s up to the breeder’s personal standards.

In terms of making sure the dragon’s age, Coli level and offspring are reached before the dragon can be exalted, it’s a little more difficult. The options to do so can be found in the lair, the coliseum, and the nesting grounds respectively. The dragon’s minimum age can be set by waiting, the Coli level by grinding, and offspring number through breeding.

Additionally, pedigree breeders may require that their buyers put in a certain amount of effort to earn the ability to exalt a dragon. This effort can be Coli grinding, breeding and selling dragons of their own, taking care of their dragons, or even real life activities such as office work or flipping burgers. This effort is tracked on-site by treasure and gems, and breeders can set the Effort needed to earn Dragon Exaltation Rights on either the AH or their personal sales threads.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8