Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | how do undertides move out of water?
1 2 3 4
hi, i’m very new to the site and i was reading up on the lore and dragon breed information, and i was wondering how undertide dragons move outside of water! do they just slither around like snakes or can they float in the air?
hi, i’m very new to the site and i was reading up on the lore and dragon breed information, and i was wondering how undertide dragons move outside of water! do they just slither around like snakes or can they float in the air?
considering they have wings I'd assume they can fly, but it's more amusing to me to think the flop like a swimming bat. [img]https://media.tenor.com/CQ8wr7JHWtgAAAAM/bat-swimming.gif[/img]
considering they have wings I'd assume they can fly, but it's more amusing to me to think the flop like a swimming bat.

bat-swimming.gif
Welcome New Players!
Here's a small list of links to Helpful Forum Guides:
..... Gathering reference v3
Swipp/Baldwin: Items to Keep
The Data-Based Money Making Guide
Exalting Treasure Payout Chart
..... Dragon Bio Resources: Comprehensive
Coliseum loot and monsters
Festival Coliseum Guide
BASIC INTRO to the Coli!
..... [Guide] BBCode
DRAGONOMICS charts
[Answers] Tomo's Trivia Tablet
G&G Very Hard Ultimate Solver
Undertides can canonically fly.

From their Encyclopedia entry: "They sport a long, sinuous body and a pair of massive wings that can propel them as easily through the water as through the air. These dragons are highly adapted to rapid pressure changes, and can tolerate the crushing pressure of the abyssal depths and the thin air of the stratosphere."

Also, if memory serves, they are also very clumsy on land. So, they likely just fly right out of the water.

If you meant how they fly, I'd imagine that they flap, myself. They don't strike me as a floaty sort of breed.
Undertides can canonically fly.

From their Encyclopedia entry: "They sport a long, sinuous body and a pair of massive wings that can propel them as easily through the water as through the air. These dragons are highly adapted to rapid pressure changes, and can tolerate the crushing pressure of the abyssal depths and the thin air of the stratosphere."

Also, if memory serves, they are also very clumsy on land. So, they likely just fly right out of the water.

If you meant how they fly, I'd imagine that they flap, myself. They don't strike me as a floaty sort of breed.
frostbite_by_worryingsquarewave-d8a2x4y.gif
Like mudskippers [img]https://scx2.b-cdn.net/gfx/news/2013/1-theevolution.gif[/img]
Like mudskippers

1-theevolution.gif
YrlvOd9.pngQ47Y0lm.png
I presume they fly or slither like snakes.
I presume they fly or slither like snakes.
- G1s for sale
- LF any combo of abyss, copper, spruce and other dream g1s
probably slithering with some extra crawling abilities thanks to their front fins (they probably can't use them a whole lot though out of water since they look delicate)

EDIT: with more thought I'm going to choose to believe they can also move like inchworms if they so desire
probably slithering with some extra crawling abilities thanks to their front fins (they probably can't use them a whole lot though out of water since they look delicate)

EDIT: with more thought I'm going to choose to believe they can also move like inchworms if they so desire
It's implied in canon that they like... flop around SDDSHSDH since they're said to move clumsily? In my lore I personally imagine they slither like snakes and are actually pretty graceful on land because I do what I want <3, but I imagine that in canon they mostly flop/wriggle around haha. They can canonically fly, as well, and are apparently graceful in the air, so there's that too c:
It's implied in canon that they like... flop around SDDSHSDH since they're said to move clumsily? In my lore I personally imagine they slither like snakes and are actually pretty graceful on land because I do what I want <3, but I imagine that in canon they mostly flop/wriggle around haha. They can canonically fly, as well, and are apparently graceful in the air, so there's that too c:
sedge122 | it/they | avatar dragon | skin shop
pings are always alright! note that my username is sedge122 (not sedge112)
a banner showing autumn trees with red and gold leaves
In my lore they can slither. But being as big and heavy as they are they aren't the fastest, and it takes quite a bit of energy. So my clan made waterways for them (and any Maren wishing to enter the grounds) for easy travel throughout the clan :)
In my lore they can slither. But being as big and heavy as they are they aren't the fastest, and it takes quite a bit of energy. So my clan made waterways for them (and any Maren wishing to enter the grounds) for easy travel throughout the clan :)
ooo IJkKw0f.pngo K H U Z D U L
- - - - - - - - - - -
SHE/HER +0
25 LIBRA
oo Avatar dragon
Lore
About me
Pings ok!
• Did you hatch an
Abyss/Copper/X gen1,
but don't want them?
Don't exalt them! Hit me up ;)
I like to think they can fly by just... slithering in the sky. :3
I like to think they can fly by just... slithering in the sky. :3

75JySJB.pngbWeLCqf.pngjI9KbMj.png6Ef6hwD.pngcaNmJrr.pngJ7D1quC.png
In my lore they simply dont move on land and also don't have wings. They don't need wing imo. At most if they'd get stuck on land they can flip and roll about to get back into the water.
In my lore they simply dont move on land and also don't have wings. They don't need wing imo. At most if they'd get stuck on land they can flip and roll about to get back into the water.
I used to display all my meme numbers here, but honestly im tired off that
i will still say that i own the #420 saved scry
1 2 3 4