Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Scenes that you didn't like as a kid
1 2 3 4 5 6
basically any of the sudden hyper-real jump cuts in old spongebob episodes [emoji=tundra scared size=1] or that part in the first jurassic park where they're in the kitchens with the raptors and the hand falls on the character's shoulder and they think it's their [s]very alive[/s] friend...or raiders of the lost ark where the guy's face melts...yeah there's actually a fair number of them now that i think about it?? also i watched a lot of horror movies that i most definitely should not have watched at the age i was (citation: i saw Predator when i was 7)
basically any of the sudden hyper-real jump cuts in old spongebob episodes or that part in the first jurassic park where they're in the kitchens with the raptors and the hand falls on the character's shoulder and they think it's their very alive friend...or raiders of the lost ark where the guy's face melts...yeah there's actually a fair number of them now that i think about it??

also i watched a lot of horror movies that i most definitely should not have watched at the age i was (citation: i saw Predator when i was 7)
OFDnJ2q.jpeg
I was actually just thinking of this the other day, m mom put on the LOTR trilogy and it opened the floodgates of scenes which traumatized me. Was probably too young to watch.

1) The scene where Shelob stings Frodo.
2) Shelob in general.
3) The scene where Isildur is killed in the river.
4) The scene where Gollum bites off Frodo's fingers.
5) Sauromon's death (only in the extended cut, lucky me...)

I bet there's way more but it's been years.
I was actually just thinking of this the other day, m mom put on the LOTR trilogy and it opened the floodgates of scenes which traumatized me. Was probably too young to watch.

1) The scene where Shelob stings Frodo.
2) Shelob in general.
3) The scene where Isildur is killed in the river.
4) The scene where Gollum bites off Frodo's fingers.
5) Sauromon's death (only in the extended cut, lucky me...)

I bet there's way more but it's been years.
bloom-into-you-manga-banner.jpg
[quote name="Eridana" date="2022-11-17 05:00:07" ] THAT toenail scene in a Spongebob episode. I don’t need to continue. [/quote] It haunts me.
Eridana wrote on 2022-11-17 05:00:07:
THAT toenail scene in a Spongebob episode. I don’t need to continue.

It haunts me.
Jd88XNq.png
sh5xjiu.pngQwz7flm.png
ZKQ6ohh.pngtNgQJvM.pngDgV9RW4.png
gNKHrxH.png1bSJVgF.pngbYt72YT.png
FBhgews.png9qLrp5W.pngRWhZ0Cq.pngaef8eafda28aee269865ab582e14a312ac4c2f3c.png6e97a552d6cb288faaaf054be66db8a44c0e78e9.pngQk0VB5d.png
This is going to date me a bit, but I was horrified of the ReDeads/Gibdos in Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. We're talking full on hiding behind the couch in terror scared. My mom tried to help me get over it by convincing me to come out and look at them dancing, but that only made it worse! Something about how they're still moaning and groaning while doing pirouettes made me cry.

Truth be told, this fear stayed well into the Twilight Princess era... I had to get my mom to fight a gibdo for me and I was probably 12 or 13 at the time.

Heck, I'm pretty sure I had to sleep with my lights on a couple of times because I thought they were going to come get me in my sleep!

They still give me the willies, of course (and I still have a love/hate relationship with Ikana Canyon), but at least now I can stay calm enough to fight them...

Oh, and I have a distinct memory of looking at a picture of/reading about Spooky the ghost dog in the Luigi's Mansion guidebook for the first time and being so overcome with fear that I threw up. Needless to say my mom and I didn't get around to playing it until I was a little older, haha.
This is going to date me a bit, but I was horrified of the ReDeads/Gibdos in Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. We're talking full on hiding behind the couch in terror scared. My mom tried to help me get over it by convincing me to come out and look at them dancing, but that only made it worse! Something about how they're still moaning and groaning while doing pirouettes made me cry.

Truth be told, this fear stayed well into the Twilight Princess era... I had to get my mom to fight a gibdo for me and I was probably 12 or 13 at the time.

Heck, I'm pretty sure I had to sleep with my lights on a couple of times because I thought they were going to come get me in my sleep!

They still give me the willies, of course (and I still have a love/hate relationship with Ikana Canyon), but at least now I can stay calm enough to fight them...

Oh, and I have a distinct memory of looking at a picture of/reading about Spooky the ghost dog in the Luigi's Mansion guidebook for the first time and being so overcome with fear that I threw up. Needless to say my mom and I didn't get around to playing it until I was a little older, haha.
That one scene in either Santa Paws one or two where Paws has his crystal ripped off, which turns him into a toy, and the matron/big scary authority figure("wHy Do YoU hAvE sUcH a PrObLeM wItH aUtHoRiTy FiGuReS" gee I dunno could it be because adults/authority figures of pretty much any kind are portrayed as cruel in almost every movie you had me watch???) puts him in this incinerator-tunnel-thing, and the human female lead had to crawl through it to get him before he burns.
I think she nearly got incinerated herself?? Idk I was terrified and never watched it again.
(Dw tho it's a Disney movie no one gets successfully Salem'd.)

Why was a stuffed dog convicted of being a witch? Because toys weren't allowed. At all.
That one scene in either Santa Paws one or two where Paws has his crystal ripped off, which turns him into a toy, and the matron/big scary authority figure("wHy Do YoU hAvE sUcH a PrObLeM wItH aUtHoRiTy FiGuReS" gee I dunno could it be because adults/authority figures of pretty much any kind are portrayed as cruel in almost every movie you had me watch???) puts him in this incinerator-tunnel-thing, and the human female lead had to crawl through it to get him before he burns.
I think she nearly got incinerated herself?? Idk I was terrified and never watched it again.
(Dw tho it's a Disney movie no one gets successfully Salem'd.)

Why was a stuffed dog convicted of being a witch? Because toys weren't allowed. At all.
wcadopt-voiken1.png ZTsKQhL.png wcadopt-voiken2.png
Ping me if you want my attention.
the entire pranks later mlp fim episode scared the crap out of 10 year old (I think?) me. I am... A delicate human XD
the entire pranks later mlp fim episode scared the crap out of 10 year old (I think?) me. I am... A delicate human XD
Hi! I'm Jack (fr +3)
When I was about 5 years old I was scared of Shrek...
One day we were watching the first Shrek movie at the preschool and I had to leave the class because I couldn't stop crying :c
When I was about 5 years old I was scared of Shrek...
One day we were watching the first Shrek movie at the preschool and I had to leave the class because I couldn't stop crying :c
agenderacearoicon2.png P9aWhak.png
NN9NPXA.png
fDSaoY3.png
hh5n4WA.png
nefzg1V.png
FE9pJK1.png
weia2aX.png
u1wgsSN.png
y3yhMwX.png
loimysO.png
arcanist.png
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory Remake when the doll things were melting and burning for an extended length of time
Still can’t watch that part
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory Remake when the doll things were melting and burning for an extended length of time
Still can’t watch that part
They/Them
I’m here and I’m queer
Ask to see my parrot, he is good.
Haha, I don't remember the movie name, but it was basically about a child version of the Narnia movie, and everyone was like a soft toy figure. I was about five- six years old and was sooo scared of the wolf face and cried whenever I saw it. I even got nightmares...
Haha, I don't remember the movie name, but it was basically about a child version of the Narnia movie, and everyone was like a soft toy figure. I was about five- six years old and was sooo scared of the wolf face and cried whenever I saw it. I even got nightmares...
Coraline. I never even watched the film, I just saw the trailer and it TERRIFIED me. The button eyes? Getting lured into another world? When I saw the trailer, I didn’t think Coraline had the ability to travel to/from the other world, so I thought she was stuck in the Othermother’s world with no way to escape and that was horrifying. The visuals of her in the other-garden also unnerved me, something about it was very wrong. halfway through watching the film now and it wasn’t nearly as scary as I thought it would be (don’t get me wrong, good film and definitely creepy, but not the kind of utterly petrifying movie younger me thought it was)

I count this as a scene since it wasn’t the whole film but just a few snippets and clips put together that were burnt into younger me’s mind.
Coraline. I never even watched the film, I just saw the trailer and it TERRIFIED me. The button eyes? Getting lured into another world? When I saw the trailer, I didn’t think Coraline had the ability to travel to/from the other world, so I thought she was stuck in the Othermother’s world with no way to escape and that was horrifying. The visuals of her in the other-garden also unnerved me, something about it was very wrong. halfway through watching the film now and it wasn’t nearly as scary as I thought it would be (don’t get me wrong, good film and definitely creepy, but not the kind of utterly petrifying movie younger me thought it was)

I count this as a scene since it wasn’t the whole film but just a few snippets and clips put together that were burnt into younger me’s mind.
- they/them
- +8 FR time
- Feel free to talk/ping!
- Old UN: LemonySnaket

kBjtmwi.png kd8tKB5.png
1 2 3 4 5 6