Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Scenes that you didn't like as a kid
1 2 3 4 5 6
Are there any scenes in movies/shows/video games/books/whatever that scared you when you were younger, but which aren't so scary now? Other things which you used to not want to look at, such as gross or awkward moments, also count. Just keep it appropriate for FR, of course.

I was afraid of...the rotten coconuts in Moana. Not the part where the whole island crumbles in Moana's nightmare, no. Just the part where the guy cracks open the coconut and it's rotten inside. I still look away out of habit.
Are there any scenes in movies/shows/video games/books/whatever that scared you when you were younger, but which aren't so scary now? Other things which you used to not want to look at, such as gross or awkward moments, also count. Just keep it appropriate for FR, of course.

I was afraid of...the rotten coconuts in Moana. Not the part where the whole island crumbles in Moana's nightmare, no. Just the part where the guy cracks open the coconut and it's rotten inside. I still look away out of habit.
oJK1fXV.png
The scene near the beginning of Dragonheart, in which Draco heals young Einon. The darness and probably bad TV screen quality back then made it look gorier to young me than it actually was.
Adult me is still somewhat sensitive to gore, but that scene does nothing to me anymore, because it really is not gory.
The scene near the beginning of Dragonheart, in which Draco heals young Einon. The darness and probably bad TV screen quality back then made it look gorier to young me than it actually was.
Adult me is still somewhat sensitive to gore, but that scene does nothing to me anymore, because it really is not gory.
the part in watership down where the badger pops out of the bush in the woods scared me so bad when i was like 6 i still look away as a reflex when i watch it now. i am 25.
the part in watership down where the badger pops out of the bush in the woods scared me so bad when i was like 6 i still look away as a reflex when i watch it now. i am 25.
qLQeTFk.gif
xxxxx
ARAxlYW.png
oxDm2Un.png
FObX7rS.png
nWiQNX9.png
mlHpBMC.png
NQ1Ze0S.png
xxxxx 9121892.png
The entire Dark Crystal movie scared me as a kid but I love it now.
The entire Dark Crystal movie scared me as a kid but I love it now.
a cartoonized velvet worm that is a dark blue with white specks all over. the art's signature is 476242
I rember being scared of that one scene in Johny test where he becomes a lumpy farty monster for some reason. it really grossed me out lol
I rember being scared of that one scene in Johny test where he becomes a lumpy farty monster for some reason. it really grossed me out lol
STRANGEFLESH
>It/It's
>friendly/open to chat! I love pings and messages
>wishlist
>lineage
>About me
tumblr-paypl0-G37c1xpxfk5o4-250.png
The scene in SpongeBob when Squidward chokes on the fork. That scene absolutely terrifies me. Which is a shame because it’s otherwise a very good episode.
The scene in SpongeBob when Squidward chokes on the fork. That scene absolutely terrifies me. Which is a shame because it’s otherwise a very good episode.
6nI5sr3.png UPbvkZE.png
The monster under the bed with teeth ground sharp and eyes glowing red in Nightmare Before Christmas scared the heebie jeebies out of me as a little kid.
The monster under the bed with teeth ground sharp and eyes glowing red in Nightmare Before Christmas scared the heebie jeebies out of me as a little kid.
tumblr_inline_mjvop8mMef1qz4rgp.gif tumblr_md2y0qnWDS1qk1or3.gif
The "Who Are You" song scene in Balto II. It's not even supposed to be a scary scene, but it scared the heck out of me as a kid and made me cry! [emoji=coatl tongue size=1]
The "Who Are You" song scene in Balto II. It's not even supposed to be a scary scene, but it scared the heck out of me as a kid and made me cry!
7GFlGJN.pnglrqDePv.pngsGgQ25Y.pngMpoIPJl.pngsGgQ25Y.png0nIARi4.png1nxsvgf.pngzWgdxzn.pngwN1CyRb.pngFF7sHLD.pngGJZzfu4.pngMrRCllp.png
EBEMlSX.png
In Legend of Zelda OoT for the N64, after the player turns adult for the first time... there are those Redead things in Hyrule town. I was super freaking scared as a kid of that moment but now I just walk through there without a thought.

This is kind of funny for me because I loved horror stuff even as a very small child and would love the Halloween episode of every show the most out of every episode. I also watched stuff that was not for my age without being scared and loved the shadow temple of OoT the most... yet the Redead in Hyrule town scared the crap out off me for some reason.

In Legend of Zelda OoT for the N64, after the player turns adult for the first time... there are those Redead things in Hyrule town. I was super freaking scared as a kid of that moment but now I just walk through there without a thought.

This is kind of funny for me because I loved horror stuff even as a very small child and would love the Halloween episode of every show the most out of every episode. I also watched stuff that was not for my age without being scared and loved the shadow temple of OoT the most... yet the Redead in Hyrule town scared the crap out off me for some reason.

He/Him - It/It's
One/One's - Xe/Xem
My Pronouns Page

For Sale (With a coin and gem symbol)Wishlist (With a starsymbol)
 This user does Roleplay
A black anthro wolf character who is laying down. He has long curly white hair, wears a purple sweater and black pants. His eyes are red. He has a golden hoop earring.
Pings are welcome!

A heart shaped genderfluid pride flagA heart shaped omnisexual pride flagA heart shaped polyamory pride flag
A small black button that appears to be made from goo. The button is a link. The Goo is dripping down a little bit. On the button is the word turned written in neon green letters.
Literally all of the movie Anaconda (thanks to my grandfather taking me as a small child)

The scene in The Lost World: Jurassic Park where the rex gets a hold of and pulls the guy from the waterfall. (Its not so bad to me now and I watch all of them as comfort movies)

And I can't forget the best one:
The scene in Signs where the alien pops out during the birthday party on TV. I used to scream every time it happened. Then my friends would scream and it would kinda lighten the mood as we teased each other about it. I miss those days.
Literally all of the movie Anaconda (thanks to my grandfather taking me as a small child)

The scene in The Lost World: Jurassic Park where the rex gets a hold of and pulls the guy from the waterfall. (Its not so bad to me now and I watch all of them as comfort movies)

And I can't forget the best one:
The scene in Signs where the alien pops out during the birthday party on TV. I used to scream every time it happened. Then my friends would scream and it would kinda lighten the mood as we teased each other about it. I miss those days.
Endless Garden Coli Standard Bingo
Easy Medium Hard Pain
T2JvnpN.png
1 2 3 4 5 6