Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Scenes that you didn't like as a kid
1 2 3 4 5 6
Charlie and the chocolate factory scared me so badly primarily the blueberry girl I can handle gore pretty well but the blueberry girl scene has haunted me

And the that one scene in 9 where one of the dolls was torn into pieces and you could hear blood curdling screames absolutely terrified me. Thought I have rewatched it and it was a pretty fun movie.
Charlie and the chocolate factory scared me so badly primarily the blueberry girl I can handle gore pretty well but the blueberry girl scene has haunted me

And the that one scene in 9 where one of the dolls was torn into pieces and you could hear blood curdling screames absolutely terrified me. Thought I have rewatched it and it was a pretty fun movie.
|Ello I'm Awoken, She/her, FR+8, I am a bunch of lizards in a coat, Profile dragon|
WyB8X7e.jpg
I dont remember the show exactly but the end of little memos dream world. It would make me talk and yell in my sleep
I dont remember the show exactly but the end of little memos dream world. It would make me talk and yell in my sleep
m2YbpzO.png tumblr_inline_o0idl15pQv1qg2i5p_540.png
The scene where the beast discovers Belle in the forbidden wing (in Disney's rendition of the story), and he starts destroying things and yelling at her to get out. I remember I would hide on a staircase near the living room waiting for the scene to be over when I was a kid.
The scene where the beast discovers Belle in the forbidden wing (in Disney's rendition of the story), and he starts destroying things and yelling at her to get out. I remember I would hide on a staircase near the living room waiting for the scene to be over when I was a kid.
wMXAg3w.png
I remember my brothers watching a South Park movie. Can't really remember it, but there was sth about a microwave and Kenny or sth that genuinely scared me. No idea what it was.

Hmm, and the first Scooby Doo movie. We went to the cinema for that. To little me, it was scary for some reason. No idea.

In retrospect, kind of funny.
I remember my brothers watching a South Park movie. Can't really remember it, but there was sth about a microwave and Kenny or sth that genuinely scared me. No idea what it was.

Hmm, and the first Scooby Doo movie. We went to the cinema for that. To little me, it was scary for some reason. No idea.

In retrospect, kind of funny.
flamecaller.pnggladekeeper.png
When I was a kid, my older sister and her friend were really into the Powerpuff Girls. I remember watching some episodes that were recorded on a VHS tape, and it was the one with the zombie magician (I think the episode was called Abracadaver?) and for some reason that scares the dickens out of me as a child. I HATED that episode.

I also was scared of pretty much the entirety of the Scooby Doo on Zombie Island movie. Apparently I was really terrified of zombies as a child.

And not so much a scene as more of just a commercial, but I was TERRIFIED of masks as a child, but I remember seeing a trailer for Freddy Vs. Jason on TV and it freaked me out so bad.. Every time the trailer would come on I would have to hide my eyes with a pillow or blanket or something. As an adult, I still really don't like when people wear masks in general (like Halloween masks, not surgical or similar ones), so watching movies like Halloween and Friday the 13th still creep me out.
When I was a kid, my older sister and her friend were really into the Powerpuff Girls. I remember watching some episodes that were recorded on a VHS tape, and it was the one with the zombie magician (I think the episode was called Abracadaver?) and for some reason that scares the dickens out of me as a child. I HATED that episode.

I also was scared of pretty much the entirety of the Scooby Doo on Zombie Island movie. Apparently I was really terrified of zombies as a child.

And not so much a scene as more of just a commercial, but I was TERRIFIED of masks as a child, but I remember seeing a trailer for Freddy Vs. Jason on TV and it freaked me out so bad.. Every time the trailer would come on I would have to hide my eyes with a pillow or blanket or something. As an adult, I still really don't like when people wear masks in general (like Halloween masks, not surgical or similar ones), so watching movies like Halloween and Friday the 13th still creep me out.
xkhfOvZ.png ...
Evis / Ils
They/Them
FR +2
Aroace
[quote name="CanisLatrans" date="2022-11-25 14:16:22" ] The scene where the beast discovers Belle in the forbidden wing (in Disney's rendition of the story), and he starts destroying things and yelling at her to get out. I remember I would hide on a staircase near the living room waiting for the scene to be over when I was a kid. [/quote] Same! Also the scenes where the Beast kidnaps and later tosses out Maurice. The frozen sea monster's eye moving in [i]Ice Age 2[/i] always managed to jump-scare me when I was little. I love, love, love [i]The Iron Giant[/i] now, but the scene where the titular robot gets electrocuted terrified me and put me off of the movie as a whole when I first watched it. Ugh... Stuart Little rappelling down the drain. Yikes. [quote name="Kileah" date="2022-11-16 23:39:35" ] And I can't forget the best one: The scene in Signs where the alien pops out during the birthday party on TV. I used to scream every time it happened. Then my friends would scream and it would kinda lighten the mood as we teased each other about it. I miss those days. [/quote] Oh my gosh, I couldn't sleep well for a week after Signs. Kept feeling like aliens were on the roof.
CanisLatrans wrote on 2022-11-25 14:16:22:
Same! Also the scenes where the Beast kidnaps and later tosses out Maurice.

The frozen sea monster's eye moving in Ice Age 2 always managed to jump-scare me when I was little.

I love, love, love The Iron Giant now, but the scene where the titular robot gets electrocuted terrified me and put me off of the movie as a whole when I first watched it.

Ugh... Stuart Little rappelling down the drain. Yikes.
Kileah wrote on 2022-11-16 23:39:35:
And I can't forget the best one:
The scene in Signs where the alien pops out during the birthday party on TV. I used to scream every time it happened. Then my friends would scream and it would kinda lighten the mood as we teased each other about it. I miss those days.
Oh my gosh, I couldn't sleep well for a week after Signs. Kept feeling like aliens were on the roof.
11667.png xGRdLfg.jpg ws14300rd_thumbnail.jpg m96yKLz.jpg 32990.png
The trailer for the movie The Crazies used to air during commercial breaks all the time, even on like, Cartoon Network sometimes.
I was terrified of the way he would drag that pitchfork down the linoleum... I can see it and hear the sound still.
The trailer for the movie The Crazies used to air during commercial breaks all the time, even on like, Cartoon Network sometimes.
I was terrified of the way he would drag that pitchfork down the linoleum... I can see it and hear the sound still.
3BQENe8.png
J7D1quC.png
qJFAY9h.png
47OyeGK.png
8B7LZd5.png
.........................................................................................................................................................................................
johPgo5.png
[quote name="CyanideGoat" date="2022-11-18 18:58:05" ] When Artax sunk into the Swamp of Sadness. [/quote] Yes! That was the first thing that came into my head when I saw this thread. +1 to also being mildly traumatised by The Dark Crystal, and Ocarina of Time's ReDeads. Seems like most of my treasured childhood media was stuff that made me want to hide behind the couch occasionally.
CyanideGoat wrote on 2022-11-18 18:58:05:
When Artax sunk into the Swamp of Sadness.

Yes! That was the first thing that came into my head when I saw this thread.

+1 to also being mildly traumatised by The Dark Crystal, and Ocarina of Time's ReDeads. Seems like most of my treasured childhood media was stuff that made me want to hide behind the couch occasionally.
Mine's embarrassing, but in Ernest Scared Stupid? That nasty troll tree.
BLUH. Just made me physically sick when I was a kid and my parents were not sympathetic lmao
Mine's embarrassing, but in Ernest Scared Stupid? That nasty troll tree.
BLUH. Just made me physically sick when I was a kid and my parents were not sympathetic lmao
she/her | 37 | cst
1. The jumpscare(?) Dracula does while playing the guitar for his daughter in the first Hotel Transylvania movie. Little-me had to leave the room when it was coming up.

2. When the bear attacks whatever the main character is named in the old ruined castle in Brave.
1. The jumpscare(?) Dracula does while playing the guitar for his daughter in the first Hotel Transylvania movie. Little-me had to leave the room when it was coming up.

2. When the bear attacks whatever the main character is named in the old ruined castle in Brave.
23998.png
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifDrako
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifShe/Her
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif+4 FR
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifDragon Fan

arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifPFP Dragon
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifSkins/Accents
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifHatchery
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifWishlist
7PxzYVb.png YzDUQXb.png vonVRKR.png
1 2 3 4 5 6