Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Scenes that you didn't like as a kid
1 2 3 4 5 6
When character 1 finds out what character 2 did when they shouldn't have done it. It just stresses me out
When character 1 finds out what character 2 did when they shouldn't have done it. It just stresses me out
IMG_3849.png
okay so its not really a scene, but you know that frame in help wanted where squidward is wrinkly and somewhat hyper-realistic? ever since i was little my dad used to play videos of him popping out of random things to like, thriller music, and it scared me so much. i would scream and sob and look away. it was to the point where he was being cruel with it because it genuinely terrified me.

im over it now, being a big spongebob fan kind of helped with that. though whenever i see that scene it gives me war flashbacks o_o

edit: the videos are all titles something along the lines of the reason i cant do blah anymore. for example, the one that really stuck with me is the reason i cant eat fries anymore. if you look it up and watch it i think theres a jumpscare at the end. its just squidward, but be careful
okay so its not really a scene, but you know that frame in help wanted where squidward is wrinkly and somewhat hyper-realistic? ever since i was little my dad used to play videos of him popping out of random things to like, thriller music, and it scared me so much. i would scream and sob and look away. it was to the point where he was being cruel with it because it genuinely terrified me.

im over it now, being a big spongebob fan kind of helped with that. though whenever i see that scene it gives me war flashbacks o_o

edit: the videos are all titles something along the lines of the reason i cant do blah anymore. for example, the one that really stuck with me is the reason i cant eat fries anymore. if you look it up and watch it i think theres a jumpscare at the end. its just squidward, but be careful
CFgatl.gif Jonouchi.gif Kaiba2.gif Marik.gif
jackson or joey + he/him
audhd & fr time -1 & wishlist
yu-gi-oh fandragon project
my biggest fear was the scene when the nice bear was attacked by bees in thumbelina (1992). made me so scared and stressed my parents hid the tape so id stop watching it every week

(I found it and kept watching, only to be consumed by fear yet again)

also every single action/fight scene in land before time. I was SO scared of everything in those movies, but still loved them to bits haha
my biggest fear was the scene when the nice bear was attacked by bees in thumbelina (1992). made me so scared and stressed my parents hid the tape so id stop watching it every week

(I found it and kept watching, only to be consumed by fear yet again)

also every single action/fight scene in land before time. I was SO scared of everything in those movies, but still loved them to bits haha
2947.png Hiro
| Brazil | FR +4
Sornieth's #2 Seeker Orb connoisseur & collector
-> please ping me!
4e8c4d35dbfc48545837857d8907144346ebb180.gif
f261d312d3350311525c3447854e87c7d0c3b5ec.gif
THAT toenail scene in a Spongebob episode. I don’t need to continue.
THAT toenail scene in a Spongebob episode. I don’t need to continue.
2gzbgvt.png eq6zQ9M.png
AaYNmEX.png
rUoKR6y.png
ypcKWM0.png
with movies/shows i was ok with scary things, but for some reason video game trauma is what left ever-lasting effects on my fears. it's hard to explain- i'm not scared of these things in real life, but in video games i become very uncomfortable with them.

like in Spore- that game is the reason why i hate video game oceans. not only was it the sea monster that ate you when you went out of bounds, but the backgrounds of the cell-stage where you saw the big, ominous cells right under your tiny cell. it freaked me out so much and still does [to a smaller extent.] there's also the space stage. it wasn't just the empty void of space, but the scary ominous wormholes and gas giants.

to this day whenever i play a game that includes an ocean, i do my best avoiding the waters and forbid i accidentally look under and see the abyss. still got subnautica on my wishlist tho
with movies/shows i was ok with scary things, but for some reason video game trauma is what left ever-lasting effects on my fears. it's hard to explain- i'm not scared of these things in real life, but in video games i become very uncomfortable with them.

like in Spore- that game is the reason why i hate video game oceans. not only was it the sea monster that ate you when you went out of bounds, but the backgrounds of the cell-stage where you saw the big, ominous cells right under your tiny cell. it freaked me out so much and still does [to a smaller extent.] there's also the space stage. it wasn't just the empty void of space, but the scary ominous wormholes and gas giants.

to this day whenever i play a game that includes an ocean, i do my best avoiding the waters and forbid i accidentally look under and see the abyss. still got subnautica on my wishlist tho
ezgif-5-d59d01f068.gif
Debbie / Nova
18 - Non-Binary - Any Pronouns
Art Shop | Wishlist
2kdMs.gifUgAP0.gifyv2d9.gifJ2yrF.gifA6sar.gif
In the Grinch with Jim Carey, when his heart grows and beats out of his chest. Had to leave the room when it was coming
In the Grinch with Jim Carey, when his heart grows and beats out of his chest. Had to leave the room when it was coming
xoTBwi7.png
The first two Toy Story movies used to make me feel unsettled to the point I didn’t like being in the same room with it playing. I’m definitely over that now.

I used to freak out over the dark spores, or whatever they were called, in the 2nd season of the Digimon anime. I haven’t watched the Digimon anime in years, but I still remember those damned spores. The ending of that season was also pretty freaky to me, if I recall correctly.

I used to be afraid of being trapped in a never-ending nightmare thanks to the Darkrai story arc in Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time.

Speaking of Darkrai, the Darkrai movie used to scare me a lot. There is a scene where everyone slowly realizes that they are trapped in some space/time bubble, and that shook me to my core as a child. I’ll never forget the bridge scene. The movie barely scares me now, but it does give me an unsettled feeling still.

There are a lot more things that scared me as a kid; but, I’d be typing here forever if I tried to list them all.
The first two Toy Story movies used to make me feel unsettled to the point I didn’t like being in the same room with it playing. I’m definitely over that now.

I used to freak out over the dark spores, or whatever they were called, in the 2nd season of the Digimon anime. I haven’t watched the Digimon anime in years, but I still remember those damned spores. The ending of that season was also pretty freaky to me, if I recall correctly.

I used to be afraid of being trapped in a never-ending nightmare thanks to the Darkrai story arc in Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time.

Speaking of Darkrai, the Darkrai movie used to scare me a lot. There is a scene where everyone slowly realizes that they are trapped in some space/time bubble, and that shook me to my core as a child. I’ll never forget the bridge scene. The movie barely scares me now, but it does give me an unsettled feeling still.

There are a lot more things that scared me as a kid; but, I’d be typing here forever if I tried to list them all.
5255079-8Mmx39RQgBpdGm07.jpg
Th entrieity of the original Frozen movies scared me, along with Mufasa's death scene. Completely unfazed by thw goey diembowelment and face meltingnin Warrior Cats and WoF thoufhh.
Th entrieity of the original Frozen movies scared me, along with Mufasa's death scene. Completely unfazed by thw goey diembowelment and face meltingnin Warrior Cats and WoF thoufhh.
beware of spelling errord, my keyboard is broken and my hands finemotor skills are too.
please click on my creatures, thanks
Lab Profile
That scene in the Dark Crystal when that little creature gets its soul sucked out of its body. Yuckyy

OH And I just remembered the scenes from Legend (1985) where the unicorn is laying in the snow and the other is upset, and the scene where the demon comes out of the mirror.
That scene in the Dark Crystal when that little creature gets its soul sucked out of its body. Yuckyy

OH And I just remembered the scenes from Legend (1985) where the unicorn is laying in the snow and the other is upset, and the scene where the demon comes out of the mirror.
NSZvCod.png
OxagJgG.png
mlHpBMC.png
WvtW9EF.png
The part at the start of The Secret of NIMH where Mrs. Brisby is being chased by the cat scared me so bad as a kid I didn’t finish watching that movie until years later
The part at the start of The Secret of NIMH where Mrs. Brisby is being chased by the cat scared me so bad as a kid I didn’t finish watching that movie until years later

In your heart and your spirit
Let the breezes surround you
Lift up your voice then and
Sing with the wind
________________ V8Rzx4h.png
1 2 3 4 5 6