Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Pkmn Scarlet/Violet Excited?
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
For the first time in my Pokemon-playing history, I cannot decide which one to play first! Aaaaaah. So hard to choose.
For the first time in my Pokemon-playing history, I cannot decide which one to play first! Aaaaaah. So hard to choose.
Call me Requacy (Pinging Allowed!)(Note to self: Make art for signature)
Okay

I'm not that far into the game, I didn't really want to get it at first, but I'm already liking it a bit more than SwSh

I like that you're not immediately introduced to some annoying, "unbeatable" champion right off the bat whose ace Pokemon is basically there just to pander to genwunners in the most annoying way possible
I like that SV doesn't SEEM to pander to genwunners like crazy in general. I really like that the raid battles aren't as LOUD as they were in SwSh and that you're not jumpscared with a super loud, slowed down version of the Pokemon you're battling's cry. Terrastrializing(?) only affects the Pokemon's type, not HP, so the raids tend to be a lot faster assuming everyone knows what they're doing.
It's a bit frustrating that there aren't as many actual clothing options as there were previously, though I'm really glad I don't have to make my character look especially gendered. It's a little frustrating that my character still has to be referred to as she or he as a nonbinary player, but I can excuse it given the facial customization especially. It's a step in the right direction at least.
The performance issues are annoying, I already had the game crash once, but it's excusable given the Switch's hardware. Hopefully it gets sorted out a little with patches.

Side note: I also caught a Shiny Rufflet last night! Full odds, completely unintentional find.
Okay

I'm not that far into the game, I didn't really want to get it at first, but I'm already liking it a bit more than SwSh

I like that you're not immediately introduced to some annoying, "unbeatable" champion right off the bat whose ace Pokemon is basically there just to pander to genwunners in the most annoying way possible
I like that SV doesn't SEEM to pander to genwunners like crazy in general. I really like that the raid battles aren't as LOUD as they were in SwSh and that you're not jumpscared with a super loud, slowed down version of the Pokemon you're battling's cry. Terrastrializing(?) only affects the Pokemon's type, not HP, so the raids tend to be a lot faster assuming everyone knows what they're doing.
It's a bit frustrating that there aren't as many actual clothing options as there were previously, though I'm really glad I don't have to make my character look especially gendered. It's a little frustrating that my character still has to be referred to as she or he as a nonbinary player, but I can excuse it given the facial customization especially. It's a step in the right direction at least.
The performance issues are annoying, I already had the game crash once, but it's excusable given the Switch's hardware. Hopefully it gets sorted out a little with patches.

Side note: I also caught a Shiny Rufflet last night! Full odds, completely unintentional find.
9vqTYg0.gifcfa4eab0-1638-11eb-9b4b-e1371d599c63.gifa663c882-026b-11eb-9626-db1f1f278684.giffl0edFq.gif
Banner holder by me.
Nothing to add when it comes to the negative stuff (everyone’s said most of it) but I have found my new love, Toedscool (I giggle every time i see it run around) and you CANNOT DENY that all the muscular women models are such a win
Nothing to add when it comes to the negative stuff (everyone’s said most of it) but I have found my new love, Toedscool (I giggle every time i see it run around) and you CANNOT DENY that all the muscular women models are such a win
Ot3Ahks.jpg
Oh good grief this is bad

I just got a glitch where I couldn't interact with any items on the ground or NPCs. I also couldn't open the menu to save
I seriously don't know how the devs couldn't have known about stuff like this, geez
Oh good grief this is bad

I just got a glitch where I couldn't interact with any items on the ground or NPCs. I also couldn't open the menu to save
I seriously don't know how the devs couldn't have known about stuff like this, geez
9vqTYg0.gifcfa4eab0-1638-11eb-9b4b-e1371d599c63.gifa663c882-026b-11eb-9626-db1f1f278684.giffl0edFq.gif
Banner holder by me.
I've found three random shiny pokemon so far. One Hoppip I nearly missed and two fletchlings. I traded the second fletchling with a friend, I didn't need two.

I've also managed to slide up a smaller sloped incline that normally one can't climb up. I don't know if it was a glitch or how I did it got overlooked by the devs but man the physics on that looked hilarious as I don't think that can actually happen irl.

I've gotten both Scarlet and Violet started so I can get past all the usual how to catch a pokemon type stuff but I'm focusing on Scarlet as a friend has Violet so we can trade.

Edit: I just wanted to add that the shinys I mentioned are my first non scripted shiny pokemon. I started out with a used copy of Heart Gold in high school because I wanted to try playing a pokemon game but didn't have a 3DS so obviously I caught the shiny Gyarados but like the shinys for early players and mystery gift code shinys in ORAS, I don't consider them actual shiny finds, ones I actually had to find at random and catch.
I've found three random shiny pokemon so far. One Hoppip I nearly missed and two fletchlings. I traded the second fletchling with a friend, I didn't need two.

I've also managed to slide up a smaller sloped incline that normally one can't climb up. I don't know if it was a glitch or how I did it got overlooked by the devs but man the physics on that looked hilarious as I don't think that can actually happen irl.

I've gotten both Scarlet and Violet started so I can get past all the usual how to catch a pokemon type stuff but I'm focusing on Scarlet as a friend has Violet so we can trade.

Edit: I just wanted to add that the shinys I mentioned are my first non scripted shiny pokemon. I started out with a used copy of Heart Gold in high school because I wanted to try playing a pokemon game but didn't have a 3DS so obviously I caught the shiny Gyarados but like the shinys for early players and mystery gift code shinys in ORAS, I don't consider them actual shiny finds, ones I actually had to find at random and catch.
I knew this game's ability to function was gonna flop and I was right. People need to stop praising Game Freak for poor performance.
I knew this game's ability to function was gonna flop and I was right. People need to stop praising Game Freak for poor performance.
2.fw.pnglovehate.gifdauk8vs-c9e70a3d-3422-4c81-be24-ab9e0d33dc4b.pngd2my8mn-61968241-ae8f-42f2-aef2-f775ac06f2e4.png1.fw.png
Been playing since the game released and thought so far:

1) I have a love-hate relationship with the exploration side of things so far. On one hand, I love how vast the areas feels, and that you're not completely restricted like the older games, but on the other hand, the scope feels almost overwhelming at times and my GOD does it lag when you've been wandering around for a while.

2) Accidentally wandering into an area with much-higher-leveled Pokemon makes me feel like I'm playing the old RPGs where that could happen and I love/hate it.

3) Graphics are...not as bad as I was expecting from quotes online but still not great. Yes, the fact that moving NPCs start to really lag when beyond a certain distance is definitely not a good thing and the fact that the shops don't have interiors anymore is a mood killer, but it is STILL better than SWSH.

4) The whole "Choose your own path!!!!" thing was a LIE. Yeah, I can still go off and do the Team Star or Titans Path, but if my Pokemon go beyond a certain level they stop listening to me so I'm forced to do the Gym path and it is seriously annoying to keep going back and forth because I end up losing track.

5) The pre-order was worth it purely for Greavard and Cetoddle. I love my little ghost pup and wobbly baby whale, even if getting them was an absolute pain.

6) LOVE LOVE LOVE the amount of customization for you physical appearance and that it's not longer gender-exclusive. HATE HATE HATE that there's nowhere near as much clothing as there was in other games. I get that we're a student, but students don't where their uniform 25/8, Game Freak.

7) The whole Terastle thing is....actually kinda neat. The hats are still dopey and silly, but man does it make moves pack a punch. Still better than Gigamaxing.

8) Story-wise. the gyms side of it is same-old-same-old, I'm highly curious as to where the Titans line is going and I'm getting certain vibes from the Team Star line that, depending on where this goes, is gonna make me want to throw a Voltorb at someone....
Spoilers for my thoughts because the sensitive content matter but I get this distinct feeling that the Team Star leaders were bullied at the school and formed the team to basically have some kind of friendship, but it went too far.

I'm just not getting "Big Bad Evil Guys" vibes from them, not like past teams. Even Team Skull feels more "evil" than these guys, and Team Skull were a bunch of dorks (said with affection because I love Team Skull).

I do NOT trust Cassopiea or the Director, though. Nope, Legends taught me not to trust ANYONE who is being helpful and friendly, not making that mistake again.

TL:DR; I'm enjoying it so far, but it is far from perfect and GF should've spent more time working on it.
Been playing since the game released and thought so far:

1) I have a love-hate relationship with the exploration side of things so far. On one hand, I love how vast the areas feels, and that you're not completely restricted like the older games, but on the other hand, the scope feels almost overwhelming at times and my GOD does it lag when you've been wandering around for a while.

2) Accidentally wandering into an area with much-higher-leveled Pokemon makes me feel like I'm playing the old RPGs where that could happen and I love/hate it.

3) Graphics are...not as bad as I was expecting from quotes online but still not great. Yes, the fact that moving NPCs start to really lag when beyond a certain distance is definitely not a good thing and the fact that the shops don't have interiors anymore is a mood killer, but it is STILL better than SWSH.

4) The whole "Choose your own path!!!!" thing was a LIE. Yeah, I can still go off and do the Team Star or Titans Path, but if my Pokemon go beyond a certain level they stop listening to me so I'm forced to do the Gym path and it is seriously annoying to keep going back and forth because I end up losing track.

5) The pre-order was worth it purely for Greavard and Cetoddle. I love my little ghost pup and wobbly baby whale, even if getting them was an absolute pain.

6) LOVE LOVE LOVE the amount of customization for you physical appearance and that it's not longer gender-exclusive. HATE HATE HATE that there's nowhere near as much clothing as there was in other games. I get that we're a student, but students don't where their uniform 25/8, Game Freak.

7) The whole Terastle thing is....actually kinda neat. The hats are still dopey and silly, but man does it make moves pack a punch. Still better than Gigamaxing.

8) Story-wise. the gyms side of it is same-old-same-old, I'm highly curious as to where the Titans line is going and I'm getting certain vibes from the Team Star line that, depending on where this goes, is gonna make me want to throw a Voltorb at someone....
Spoilers for my thoughts because the sensitive content matter but I get this distinct feeling that the Team Star leaders were bullied at the school and formed the team to basically have some kind of friendship, but it went too far.

I'm just not getting "Big Bad Evil Guys" vibes from them, not like past teams. Even Team Skull feels more "evil" than these guys, and Team Skull were a bunch of dorks (said with affection because I love Team Skull).

I do NOT trust Cassopiea or the Director, though. Nope, Legends taught me not to trust ANYONE who is being helpful and friendly, not making that mistake again.

TL:DR; I'm enjoying it so far, but it is far from perfect and GF should've spent more time working on it.
*Looks at lair* Ah yes. Organised chaos.
KASr4bY.png
So hey, now that the game's actually out - should we make a new discussion thread without all the genwunners and fun police, or just boot them from this one?
So hey, now that the game's actually out - should we make a new discussion thread without all the genwunners and fun police, or just boot them from this one?
ZSHaQMJ.gif
vDmNeIH.png
I'm so glad I didn't buy Scarlet/Violet. It looks... So.... Bad. Full of glitches, too.

Also what the HECK happened to starter evolutions????
I'm so glad I didn't buy Scarlet/Violet. It looks... So.... Bad. Full of glitches, too.

Also what the HECK happened to starter evolutions????
[quote name="Nequam" date="2022-11-20 13:54:01" ] So hey, now that the game's actually out - should we make a new discussion thread without all the genwunners and fun police, or just boot them from this one? [/quote] ...i'm sorry, "fun police"? how does a complete stranger online expressing [i]their[/i] disappointment with the games ruin [i]your[/i] enjoyment of them? i'd understand being annoyed if everyone was telling you you can't enjoy SV, but i've only seen one post here along those lines also, you can't boot people out of a thread on a public forum just because you disagree with them, lol
Nequam wrote on 2022-11-20 13:54:01:
...i'm sorry, "fun police"? how does a complete stranger online expressing their disappointment with the games ruin your enjoyment of them? i'd understand being annoyed if everyone was telling you you can't enjoy SV, but i've only seen one post here along those lines

also, you can't boot people out of a thread on a public forum just because you disagree with them, lol
Palestinian flagaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
grey/juniper «a
he/him «a
fr+2 «a
pings OK «a
Official artwork of the tome of Forseti from Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War. It is dark green with elaborate white detailing.
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11