Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Pkmn Scarlet/Violet Excited?
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
[quote name="@Nequam" date="2022-11-20 13:54:01" ] So hey, now that the game's actually out - should we make a new discussion thread without all the genwunners and fun police, or just boot them from this one? [/quote] People are allowed to state their opinion so long as they aren't being rude or attacking others for it, like some I've seen on other sites (You think people here are being "fun police" and "genwunners"? Go look at Reddit and Twitter posts from people enjoying the game and then you'll realise just how polite people are here.) and you can't exactly stop people from posting on any thread, this one or a new one, because this is a public forum.
@Nequam wrote on 2022-11-20 13:54:01:
So hey, now that the game's actually out - should we make a new discussion thread without all the genwunners and fun police, or just boot them from this one?

People are allowed to state their opinion so long as they aren't being rude or attacking others for it, like some I've seen on other sites (You think people here are being "fun police" and "genwunners"? Go look at Reddit and Twitter posts from people enjoying the game and then you'll realise just how polite people are here.) and you can't exactly stop people from posting on any thread, this one or a new one, because this is a public forum.
*Looks at lair* Ah yes. Organised chaos.
KASr4bY.png
As everyone's said so far, the graphics... leave much to be desired. The Pokémon designs and character designs however are very good in my opinion (save for the slightly disappointing lack of diversity in character skin color). The gameplay is quite fun, and honestly once you start playing the graphics start to blend into the background. It is a bit jarring to be running around and have a Pokémon spawn in front of me, though.

Of course, I do wish GF would at least attempt to release higher-quality products; since SwSh, the visuals have declined each game. However, I have enjoyed the game thus far and I think I will continue to enjoy it going forward.

I enjoy the reduction in hand-holding, and the unexplained side story with the shrines.

If the only thing that's holding you back is the graphics, I do suggest the game!

also all of the tall buff women models are a very nice surprise
As everyone's said so far, the graphics... leave much to be desired. The Pokémon designs and character designs however are very good in my opinion (save for the slightly disappointing lack of diversity in character skin color). The gameplay is quite fun, and honestly once you start playing the graphics start to blend into the background. It is a bit jarring to be running around and have a Pokémon spawn in front of me, though.

Of course, I do wish GF would at least attempt to release higher-quality products; since SwSh, the visuals have declined each game. However, I have enjoyed the game thus far and I think I will continue to enjoy it going forward.

I enjoy the reduction in hand-holding, and the unexplained side story with the shrines.

If the only thing that's holding you back is the graphics, I do suggest the game!

also all of the tall buff women models are a very nice surprise
After looking extensively through twitter, reddit, and consulting real life friends, I have come to the realisation: they have made shiny cartridges. Not shiny cartridges as in ‘oh the cartridge is a different colour!!!!’ shiny cartridges as in there is a 1/4000 chance for you to receive a game which has no technical bugs. In my 30 hours of playing the game I have experienced: 10 seconds of lag, a single texture bug, and a slight glitch in the winter area of the game. That is it. Meanwhile, my friend online has had their copy crash three times, my other online friend got stuck in the floor, and have you seen the horror of what has befallen reddit? I’m nearly convinced I may have the sole copy of the game which runs perfectly fine.
After looking extensively through twitter, reddit, and consulting real life friends, I have come to the realisation: they have made shiny cartridges. Not shiny cartridges as in ‘oh the cartridge is a different colour!!!!’ shiny cartridges as in there is a 1/4000 chance for you to receive a game which has no technical bugs. In my 30 hours of playing the game I have experienced: 10 seconds of lag, a single texture bug, and a slight glitch in the winter area of the game. That is it. Meanwhile, my friend online has had their copy crash three times, my other online friend got stuck in the floor, and have you seen the horror of what has befallen reddit? I’m nearly convinced I may have the sole copy of the game which runs perfectly fine.

dFnwkLI.png
HkhtXgT.png
tNgQJvM.png

7A7cEAI.png
FObX7rS.png
oouioVf.png
O9f7K2d.png Slow replies! Pls be patient!
I had to return mine. The employee said that a lot of it depends on the console version and since I had a day 1 switch it may have been why I was having so many issues

Even though I can't play the game I just want to comment on how amazing it is that Delibird is banned from OU
I had to return mine. The employee said that a lot of it depends on the console version and since I had a day 1 switch it may have been why I was having so many issues

Even though I can't play the game I just want to comment on how amazing it is that Delibird is banned from OU
Snr7ysG.png HChIF4s.png
I am playing on an OLED model, and honestly haven't had any serious issues. A few instances 1 second frame lag when entering new complex areas, but tbh most games I've played have that issue.

Other than that, sometimes when throwing a pokeball and watching it wiggle, I can see under the floor, but really that's been the worst of it, and meh that's fine imo.

I actually think seeing all the glitch videos online really helped my experience, because they set my expectations so low, and I've actually been blown away by this game. I am in love. I haven't had this much fun playing a mainline Pokemon game in like... when did Diamond and Pearl first come out?? 2006?? Lol, that's saying something. They did such a good job marketing this game by showing almost nothing, it is such a fun surprise to find a new pokemon I've never seen before! And the auto battling and having a pokemon running around with you fighting wild pokemon???? Literally the best thing ever. I am beyond stoked about this game, it's actually hilarious to me now how apprehensive I was. I am having a blast!

I do think it helps a lot that I am playing on a newer OLED model, and not my launch switch, so.... yeah. ^^;
I am playing on an OLED model, and honestly haven't had any serious issues. A few instances 1 second frame lag when entering new complex areas, but tbh most games I've played have that issue.

Other than that, sometimes when throwing a pokeball and watching it wiggle, I can see under the floor, but really that's been the worst of it, and meh that's fine imo.

I actually think seeing all the glitch videos online really helped my experience, because they set my expectations so low, and I've actually been blown away by this game. I am in love. I haven't had this much fun playing a mainline Pokemon game in like... when did Diamond and Pearl first come out?? 2006?? Lol, that's saying something. They did such a good job marketing this game by showing almost nothing, it is such a fun surprise to find a new pokemon I've never seen before! And the auto battling and having a pokemon running around with you fighting wild pokemon???? Literally the best thing ever. I am beyond stoked about this game, it's actually hilarious to me now how apprehensive I was. I am having a blast!

I do think it helps a lot that I am playing on a newer OLED model, and not my launch switch, so.... yeah. ^^;
eP65k0J.png
my switch is from 2018 so i don't think it'll like sv if what you two are saying is true :')

let's hope most of the bugs get patched soon!
my switch is from 2018 so i don't think it'll like sv if what you two are saying is true :')

let's hope most of the bugs get patched soon!
mapleshaiku_siggy.png
frankly all i care about anymore is the competitive scene and this is definitely the most powercrept generation we've ever had! i'm excited and have been excited to play with the pokemon on showdown but the games themselves aren't for me anymore.
frankly all i care about anymore is the competitive scene and this is definitely the most powercrept generation we've ever had! i'm excited and have been excited to play with the pokemon on showdown but the games themselves aren't for me anymore.
Tarnished Cerdae Necklace she/they
fr+1
Is it mostly the cartridge games that have the bigger problems? I have a download version from the Nintendo store and the only problems are lag and some minor graphics problems, but has anyone with the same had any big problems happen?
Is it mostly the cartridge games that have the bigger problems? I have a download version from the Nintendo store and the only problems are lag and some minor graphics problems, but has anyone with the same had any big problems happen?
*Looks at lair* Ah yes. Organised chaos.
KASr4bY.png
im playing scarlet, ran through most of the game (past the credits currently) in two-ish days, and i’m playing on the digital version and frankly i havent encountered many bugs apart from painful lag spikes, a single spot on my meowscarada’s cape that magically turned into Confetti Vomit for the duration of a battle, and pokemon spawning in directly behind me as i exit a battle, forcing me into another battle or sometimes a chain of battles. (though im pretty sure the last one is an oversight issue, or just the ai being comical)
the game is fun. like, really fun. but i think most of the outrageous issues come from cartridge users leaving their games running overnight or just never closing the game in general, causing memory leaks and then crazy stuff like koraidon/miraidon despawning while riding happens
im playing scarlet, ran through most of the game (past the credits currently) in two-ish days, and i’m playing on the digital version and frankly i havent encountered many bugs apart from painful lag spikes, a single spot on my meowscarada’s cape that magically turned into Confetti Vomit for the duration of a battle, and pokemon spawning in directly behind me as i exit a battle, forcing me into another battle or sometimes a chain of battles. (though im pretty sure the last one is an oversight issue, or just the ai being comical)
the game is fun. like, really fun. but i think most of the outrageous issues come from cartridge users leaving their games running overnight or just never closing the game in general, causing memory leaks and then crazy stuff like koraidon/miraidon despawning while riding happens
jYQWrO1.pngwBLs0O1.pngJZTAurm.pngMs7a4L5.png
DHc3orZ.png
black_cat.png
[quote name="Problem" date="2022-11-21 13:42:36" ] Even though I can't play the game I just want to comment on how amazing it is that Delibird is banned from OU [/quote] I'm sorry WHAT?! I must look into this.
Problem wrote on 2022-11-21 13:42:36:

I'm sorry WHAT?! I must look into this.
tumblr_inline_mjvop8mMef1qz4rgp.gif tumblr_md2y0qnWDS1qk1or3.gif
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11