Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Pkmn Scarlet/Violet Excited?
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Imma probably just wait for the reviews of the game before I make a decision
Imma probably just wait for the reviews of the game before I make a decision
CxCeM78.png
61.pngLampette
Personally I chose Violet (and my brother chose Scarlet) because I like Miraidon and Ceruledge. I was on the fence about getting it since I like none of the new pokemon designs (except the 2 mentioned above), but I'm caving and getting it the day after release.
Personally I chose Violet (and my brother chose Scarlet) because I like Miraidon and Ceruledge. I was on the fence about getting it since I like none of the new pokemon designs (except the 2 mentioned above), but I'm caving and getting it the day after release.
WKtl2lb.png
fkWjutW.png
+++++++++++++++++++++++
When all else fails, use fire.
+++++++++++++++++++++++
tumblr_inline_njw5izoAKY1qg2i5p.gif
I'm excited to play Scarlet tomorrow. Despite some of the negative takes, I've actually enjoyed a lot of the recent Pokemon games since X/Y. But I also don't have the highest expectations- I mostly want to catch nostalgiamon's and put together as many of my old faves as I can. Like revisiting old friends!
I'm excited to play Scarlet tomorrow. Despite some of the negative takes, I've actually enjoyed a lot of the recent Pokemon games since X/Y. But I also don't have the highest expectations- I mostly want to catch nostalgiamon's and put together as many of my old faves as I can. Like revisiting old friends!
I would say I'm decently excited?
I'm excited to try out all the new features they have added. Like the multiplayer, something me and my friend I know will do endlessly together. I'm also excited that there are different paths you can take so it's not the same 8 badges then the E4 formula. It's a nice change of pace and helps the staleness that lots of players have been complaining about.
However, I don't think it's a very good look to have players who already have the game talk about horrible lag and other performance issues.. Which you have to basically release a patch for on day one for said issues. I'm also a little iffy on new Pokemon designs. The ones that I've seen in the trailers (I haven't looked at any of the leaks) haven't really been my speed.

I wish I could say I would skip this generation, but unfortunately for me, old habits die hard. I've been playing Pokemon since I borrowed my older brother's Gameboy back in the day to play Red version when it first came out.. I kind of feel like it would be a disservice to a franchise that has been a HUGE part of my almost 30 year old life to just throw it away now. Call me a sucker if you want, but I'll probably be playing Pokemon regardless of art style, game direction or whatever it may become..
But then again, I've just learned to lower my expectations. Pokemon games are never going to be on the graphics level of Elden Ring, nor the storylines as complicated. It's just not that style of game. Pokemon will always probably look goofy and colorful and (unfortunately) less polished. Sometimes that's the charm though, right? They are ultimately games aimed at children and children probably don't hold the same quality standards for the Pokemon games than us adults that have been playing since Pokemon's birth.

Another note, I'm disappointed I changed my mind last second and preordered Violet instead of Scarlet. Didn't like that futuristic design of Donphan AT ALL.
I would say I'm decently excited?
I'm excited to try out all the new features they have added. Like the multiplayer, something me and my friend I know will do endlessly together. I'm also excited that there are different paths you can take so it's not the same 8 badges then the E4 formula. It's a nice change of pace and helps the staleness that lots of players have been complaining about.
However, I don't think it's a very good look to have players who already have the game talk about horrible lag and other performance issues.. Which you have to basically release a patch for on day one for said issues. I'm also a little iffy on new Pokemon designs. The ones that I've seen in the trailers (I haven't looked at any of the leaks) haven't really been my speed.

I wish I could say I would skip this generation, but unfortunately for me, old habits die hard. I've been playing Pokemon since I borrowed my older brother's Gameboy back in the day to play Red version when it first came out.. I kind of feel like it would be a disservice to a franchise that has been a HUGE part of my almost 30 year old life to just throw it away now. Call me a sucker if you want, but I'll probably be playing Pokemon regardless of art style, game direction or whatever it may become..
But then again, I've just learned to lower my expectations. Pokemon games are never going to be on the graphics level of Elden Ring, nor the storylines as complicated. It's just not that style of game. Pokemon will always probably look goofy and colorful and (unfortunately) less polished. Sometimes that's the charm though, right? They are ultimately games aimed at children and children probably don't hold the same quality standards for the Pokemon games than us adults that have been playing since Pokemon's birth.

Another note, I'm disappointed I changed my mind last second and preordered Violet instead of Scarlet. Didn't like that futuristic design of Donphan AT ALL.
xkhfOvZ.png ...
Evis / Ils
They/Them
FR +2
Aroace
@Eviscerate

Hey you're not a sucker! I'm in the same boat as you! ^^ Also I just wanna say, as a future Scarlet player -- I kinda was double guessing about playing Scarlet because if you think about it, Violet totally might have better lore. And Donphan is just ONE pokemon in these weird "forms".
@Eviscerate

Hey you're not a sucker! I'm in the same boat as you! ^^ Also I just wanna say, as a future Scarlet player -- I kinda was double guessing about playing Scarlet because if you think about it, Violet totally might have better lore. And Donphan is just ONE pokemon in these weird "forms".
yzUX307.png
(Thank you Australian releases) I just picked up the game! I'll start playing it in a few hours. I got pokemon violet which is really exciting and im choosing quaxly as my starter. I used to be a diehard fuecoco lover but after the final evo releases... idk im kinda underwhelmed by skeledirge. Dont get me wrong, looks cool, but the other two look so much cooler, and i love my gay duck boy.

Also on two side note um champion is ummm ummmm wow ummmm woooowww mmm ummm yeah yep ummm yeeeeaaahhhhh yeee yep hmmm yes she is um she um uuhhhhhh jkdhjksfsdfhds i love her

(Thank you Australian releases) I just picked up the game! I'll start playing it in a few hours. I got pokemon violet which is really exciting and im choosing quaxly as my starter. I used to be a diehard fuecoco lover but after the final evo releases... idk im kinda underwhelmed by skeledirge. Dont get me wrong, looks cool, but the other two look so much cooler, and i love my gay duck boy.

Also on two side note um champion is ummm ummmm wow ummmm woooowww mmm ummm yeah yep ummm yeeeeaaahhhhh yeee yep hmmm yes she is um she um uuhhhhhh jkdhjksfsdfhds i love her

dFnwkLI.png
HkhtXgT.png
tNgQJvM.png

7A7cEAI.png
FObX7rS.png
oouioVf.png
O9f7K2d.png Slow replies! Pls be patient!
I've been playing the game for a couple of hours now, and nothing brings me more joy than watching a little woopy or crocky boy skip around and around me while I'm stood still trying to plan out my team ;c;

And this pic is also really cute (spoilers for a game mechanic):
https://i.imgur.com/TTzm8gw.jpg
I've been playing the game for a couple of hours now, and nothing brings me more joy than watching a little woopy or crocky boy skip around and around me while I'm stood still trying to plan out my team ;c;

And this pic is also really cute (spoilers for a game mechanic):
https://i.imgur.com/TTzm8gw.jpg
welp, I caved and bought Scarlet :P download fasterrrrr
welp, I caved and bought Scarlet :P download fasterrrrr
eP65k0J.png
I'm having so much fun. It's like I'm a kid again discovering all these new pokemon.
I'm having so much fun. It's like I'm a kid again discovering all these new pokemon.
tumblr_inline_mjvop8mMef1qz4rgp.gif tumblr_md2y0qnWDS1qk1or3.gif
[quote name="Alphaeon" date="2022-11-15 10:58:55" ] I’ve been playing Pokémon since the very beginning and I’m really iffy on whether or not I’m going to play this round of games. They’re just getting too easy. I understand that not everybody wants to have to level grind, but can’t we at least have the option to keep it more challenging? First they make EXP Share spread across the entire team, then they make it so you can’t turn it off, then they give you EXP for catching Pokémon. Now they’re removing Set Mode??? I’ve not been overly fond of the direction the art style has gone with the series either, but my main problem is just how boring the games are now. The handholding has become too much for me, I’d rather go back and play the older games. [/quote] This so much, hate how almost all the games got so easy it is boring. Anyway i will buy Scarlet! Despite my problem with games being easy i still enjoy. Most important! Shiny hunting methods! New game new ways. Yes im a professional shiny Hunter lmao
Alphaeon wrote on 2022-11-15 10:58:55:
I’ve been playing Pokémon since the very beginning and I’m really iffy on whether or not I’m going to play this round of games. They’re just getting too easy. I understand that not everybody wants to have to level grind, but can’t we at least have the option to keep it more challenging? First they make EXP Share spread across the entire team, then they make it so you can’t turn it off, then they give you EXP for catching Pokémon. Now they’re removing Set Mode???

I’ve not been overly fond of the direction the art style has gone with the series either, but my main problem is just how boring the games are now. The handholding has become too much for me, I’d rather go back and play the older games.
This so much, hate how almost all the games got so easy it is boring.

Anyway i will buy Scarlet! Despite my problem with games being easy i still enjoy.
Most important! Shiny hunting methods! New game new ways. Yes im a professional shiny Hunter lmao

6WUYXR5.png Etna (FR+9)
She/They
Likes to make sprites
Gen 1 lair
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11