Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Pinkerlocke] Beneath the Boughs
1 2 ... 130 131 132 133 134 ... 249 250
@Leopardmask

That's true! I do have a list of roman numerals for her other experiements, maybe I could have bent the rules a little for this on. Oh well, to late for that!

@Lightwolf57

I'm so glad to hear that you're enjoying it! You words mean so much to me! Do you want to be added to the pinglist, or are you happy with your own method of keeping up?

Yes, Sage is a pretty big death. I'm glad I have Burns to follow!

Oh yes, that's going to be big news for Balance! She is going to be making an appearance in the next chapter, so you'll be finding out soon enough...

And absolutely! I'll make note in her bio that you want her if anything happens to her!
@Leopardmask

That's true! I do have a list of roman numerals for her other experiements, maybe I could have bent the rules a little for this on. Oh well, to late for that!

@Lightwolf57

I'm so glad to hear that you're enjoying it! You words mean so much to me! Do you want to be added to the pinglist, or are you happy with your own method of keeping up?

Yes, Sage is a pretty big death. I'm glad I have Burns to follow!

Oh yes, that's going to be big news for Balance! She is going to be making an appearance in the next chapter, so you'll be finding out soon enough...

And absolutely! I'll make note in her bio that you want her if anything happens to her!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@Petall I'd love to be on the pinglist, thank you so much!
@Petall I'd love to be on the pinglist, thank you so much!
zy4K9.gif owN2b.gif sfFup.gifWfbPp.gif
@Lightwolf57

Awesome, adding you right away!
@Lightwolf57

Awesome, adding you right away!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3079103/130#post_51566015]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Day 167: Barbed Blood Ties[/u][/b] [item=ambush] Sentence: Death Streak Roll[/center] ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/77458482][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=77458482&skin=0&apparel=42694,23089,6271,1706&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/77458480][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=77458480&skin=0&apparel=14887,15271,32044,18813,18809&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "I'm surprised to see you here," Bluebell shot at Reed. "Thought you were cozy in your new clan." "Don't be daft," Reed's tongue flickered. "We're flesh and blood, I'd never leave you behind." "You haven't visited as much as Thorne," Bluebell accused. "Yeah, well, you know me. I get distracted. I have my own archive now, a library. Our- my brother helped me build it," Reed corrected himself, remembering how Bluebell had denied relating to any of the dragons of the Refuge. Bluebell snorted. "Books, I still don't get how you make sense of those squiggly lines on paper." "I could teach you how to read, you know," Reed offered. "Thanks, but no thanks," Bluebell scoffed. "Now, why are you here, this can't be a friendly neighbourhood visit, can it?" "Sage is dead," Reed blurted out. "My condolences," Bluebell rolled her eyes. "Sorry you lost your mother." "We have a new leader," Reed continued. "Burns." "Your [i]other[/i] father," Bluebell observed. "Right, but that's not the point," Reed was getting frustrated. "But, your problem with Sage was that she didn't know what it is like to be rejected because of who you are and how you live your life. Burns knows. He was thrown out of his previous clan for having gembond. The very same gembond he passed onto us. You want to be among dragons who know what we've been through, he is that dragon. Aren't you lonely out here?" "Loneliness is survival," Bluebell growled. "Our [i]real[/i] father taught us that." "He's changed his mind. The circumstances were different. He's from a different point in history, where his kind were discarded, and he was among the few survivors who scraped a living. He couldn't show his face to anyone else for fear of being tossed away again." Reed explained. "Some situations call for solitude for survival, but not all. And, I don't know if you've noticed, but Marmara is gone. We are not in a survival situation anymore. You can live as yourself and still have company. Have safety. No one in the Refuge will judge you for that. In fact, that is the whole point of The Refuge, to be a stronghold for plague dragons like us. Like dad. He can see it, why can't you? Why are you letting Marmara win?" "What do you mean?" His sister looked confused. "It's a classic tactic of oppressors," Reed explained. "I've researched it. Quell uprisings by turning the dragons you are trying to keep under your thumb against each other. They will be too busy squabbling amongst each other to realize who the real enemy is. The real enemy is dead and gone, and you are still stupid enough to be fooled by her! It was all lies, Bluebell. She lied to us. It was only her and her grunts that were mean to us, and a few outliers. Haven't you noticed how it all stopped since she was killed?" "Maybe for you, but not for me," Bluebell growled. "I killed one of them, do you really think they'll take me in after that?" "So what!" Reed shouted, uncharacteristically loud. He was normally more focused, more contained. Bluebell was always the only person who could rub him the wrong way. "Balance! Mirror! Has the shade in her! Killed a beloved clanmember! Offered refuge because they understood that circumstances were not in her control! I've documented the history of this clan through recording the stories of the dragons that live there. There's precedent! And you're family, if you want to be!" "I. Killed. Willingly." Bluebell growled, leering into her brother's face. "I did it before, I could do it again." "If you want," Reed shivered. "But the choice is yours. Live this lonely life pretending that you are an outcast, hated by all, or find dragons who love you and want to work with you to survive! Even if it's not the Refuge, there are dragons out there! Stop acting like you are the victim all the time and do something for yourself!: "Go." Bluebell growled. "Go before I kill you too. I am beyond saving. I am not worthy of love. I killed my sister, this is my punishment, okay? let me live out my punishment in peace. If you take issue with that, never see me again." "Bluebell-" Reed pleaded. "Just go." Bluebell snarled, teeth inches from his head. She could tear it off his neck if she wanted, Reed did not doubt it. Fear thudding in his chest, he scrambled backwards, running towards home as fast as he could. "Yes, run away!" Bluebell snapped, teeth clamped shut. "I am a monster and this is what I deserve!" Reed was too afraid to protest. [center][img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/f1526f49c21fb590bee11d09e7a05273/f97fee097906a63c-1b/s540x810/4554ac37d6579876f2dede97d4dda887007b85b2.png[/img][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/76057651][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=76057651&skin=23306&apparel=26942,491&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/74443402][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=74443402&skin=0&apparel=42679,3689,6027,3642,6034,3640&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "We need to intensify our training," Balance narrowed her eyes in determination. "What?" Fenrir seemed taken aback. "We are going as strong as we can, you've only just begun to get used to the fire magic. If we go any harder, it could kill you. Be exposed to raw elemental magic that is not your own is dangerous, especially if it's forms you are weak against. Remember how long it took you to adjust to the lightning energy?" "I. Don't. Care." Balance gritted her teeth. "It's my fault Sage is dead. My son has caused enough problems, I need to take him down. I don't care if I go down too. I made this problem, I am going to fix it. You never should have taken me in in the first place. You you hadn't, Sage would still be alive. Iris would still be alive. Bonefury would still be alive. It's all my fault." "Respectfully, no it's not your fault," Fenrir said calmly. "Did you kill them by your own hand? Or by your shade's hand?" "No, but-" Balance began. "Cavador is a grown dragon. He can make his own choices. It is not your fault for simply bringing him into existence. No dragon carries the weight of the actions all their descendants." Fenrir explained. "Still, I need to get stronger. I can't let him hurt any more people, and I brought him into this world, I should take him out. I have blood on my talons already. I don't want to dirty anyone else's." Balance vowed. "That, quite frankly, is not your decision to make," Fenrir said. "You can make a decision for others. If you feel this is your responsibility, let us share the burden. I choose to fight alongside you, and there are many others who I know will. If you burn yourself out, and kill yourself trying to get strong enough, you won't do anyone good. You won't stop Cavador from existing by stopping yours. I know the guilt is a lot to carry, but snuffing it out is not the way to go. It's learning to forgive yourself. To act in a way that you find honor in." Balance took a deep breath. "I still want to get stronger." "I know," Fenrir nodded. "And we'll get there. But I won't let you push yourself to the point where you destroy yourself, that won't do anyone good. Besides, Clove and I have been working on devices that and contain and launch elemental magic." "Really?" Balance tilted her head. "Why didn't you tell me, you idiot!" "You had enough on your plate to deal with," Fenrir said gently. "You act like I am so fragile. And yes, I am dealing with a lot of emotions. And yes, guilt may make me self-destructive, but I am not weak," Balance growled. "I never said you were," Fenrir looked surprised. "Not with your words, no, but with your actions. Have a little faith in me, please. I know you want to protect me, I know you pity me, but I can look after myself well enough. If there is important information that will help me know I don't have to push myself beyond my means, [i]tell me[/i]. Trust me." Balance demanded. "I am sorry I underestimated you," Fenrir seemed truly apologetic. "I see now where I was wrong. Yes, let's work together to finish this out. We will find ways to protect ourselves from The Shade. I promise I will communicate with you about the things I have been working on." "Let's start now," Balance grinned. "Tell me what you've got." ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3079103/133#post_51582748]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@Drachenschwinge @Dynami @Leopardmask @Sabariel @BarbaraFett @Disillusionist @Dakala @Wufflesnuff @Tirtouga678 @chippertowns @Aetherstorm @MisterMylez @cartographic @Calyrex @Gender @feleathion @queerkestrel @catmeow1 @Khyriana @CleverTrick @brandonjui @Crescentstar711 @sedge122 @Brasil @Lixue @DiamondDogg @GraceShelby1031 @VeniVidiVici @Jaspernoir @Glitchtrap @GingaSnap @aquaberyl @Pocketdog @lunarkismet @girlofSornieth @octagaze @Lightwolf57[/center] ----- FOR ONCE A DEATHLESS DEATH STREAK!!! I rolled heads, and I was so sure someone was going to die. I rolled Reed (lv 1), Bluebell (lv 1) and Balance (lv 5), we were in the Woodland path, and I just spammed enough healing potions that by some miracle they all made it through ten consecutive battles. I think it helped that I hadn't yet shifted Reed to my normal coli set-up, so he had that high defence move that minimized the damage he took. Also, I wanted to say that since last chapter, I have had a few people ask about pre-claiming dragons in case of their deaths, and I wanted to open that up to the wider audience. [b]If there is a dragon in the main pinkerlocke tag you would like to have in your clan should they die, let me know and I'll make note in their bio that you have claim on them.[/b] Feel free to check the bottom of bios to see if that dragon has been claimed or not. Also, just for funsies, let's do a check-in on everyone's levels! [LIST=1] [*]Umberlee, Flora, LIV, Leo, Griffin, Isadora, Locke, Kelpie, Caspian, Doppio, Dominga [*]Aes [*]Niclas, Bubo, Bluebell, Reed, David, Cavador, Victor [*]Maria, Cerys [*]Malcolm, Persephone, Balance, Oregano, Rosa, Mason, Gwen [*]Thorne [*]Flint [*]Tyrian [*]Fenrir [*]Burns, Clove, Fabian [/LIST]

Day 167: Barbed Blood Ties
Ambush
Sentence: Death Streak Roll

dragon?did=77458482&skin=0&apparel=42694,23089,6271,1706&xt=dressing.png
dragon?did=77458480&skin=0&apparel=14887,15271,32044,18813,18809&xt=dressing.png

"I'm surprised to see you here," Bluebell shot at Reed. "Thought you were cozy in your new clan."

"Don't be daft," Reed's tongue flickered. "We're flesh and blood, I'd never leave you behind."

"You haven't visited as much as Thorne," Bluebell accused.

"Yeah, well, you know me. I get distracted. I have my own archive now, a library. Our- my brother helped me build it," Reed corrected himself, remembering how Bluebell had denied relating to any of the dragons of the Refuge.

Bluebell snorted. "Books, I still don't get how you make sense of those squiggly lines on paper."

"I could teach you how to read, you know," Reed offered.

"Thanks, but no thanks," Bluebell scoffed. "Now, why are you here, this can't be a friendly neighbourhood visit, can it?"

"Sage is dead," Reed blurted out.

"My condolences," Bluebell rolled her eyes. "Sorry you lost your mother."

"We have a new leader," Reed continued. "Burns."

"Your other father," Bluebell observed.

"Right, but that's not the point," Reed was getting frustrated. "But, your problem with Sage was that she didn't know what it is like to be rejected because of who you are and how you live your life. Burns knows. He was thrown out of his previous clan for having gembond. The very same gembond he passed onto us. You want to be among dragons who know what we've been through, he is that dragon. Aren't you lonely out here?"

"Loneliness is survival," Bluebell growled. "Our real father taught us that."

"He's changed his mind. The circumstances were different. He's from a different point in history, where his kind were discarded, and he was among the few survivors who scraped a living. He couldn't show his face to anyone else for fear of being tossed away again." Reed explained. "Some situations call for solitude for survival, but not all. And, I don't know if you've noticed, but Marmara is gone. We are not in a survival situation anymore. You can live as yourself and still have company. Have safety. No one in the Refuge will judge you for that. In fact, that is the whole point of The Refuge, to be a stronghold for plague dragons like us. Like dad. He can see it, why can't you? Why are you letting Marmara win?"

"What do you mean?" His sister looked confused.

"It's a classic tactic of oppressors," Reed explained. "I've researched it. Quell uprisings by turning the dragons you are trying to keep under your thumb against each other. They will be too busy squabbling amongst each other to realize who the real enemy is. The real enemy is dead and gone, and you are still stupid enough to be fooled by her! It was all lies, Bluebell. She lied to us. It was only her and her grunts that were mean to us, and a few outliers. Haven't you noticed how it all stopped since she was killed?"

"Maybe for you, but not for me," Bluebell growled. "I killed one of them, do you really think they'll take me in after that?"

"So what!" Reed shouted, uncharacteristically loud. He was normally more focused, more contained. Bluebell was always the only person who could rub him the wrong way. "Balance! Mirror! Has the shade in her! Killed a beloved clanmember! Offered refuge because they understood that circumstances were not in her control! I've documented the history of this clan through recording the stories of the dragons that live there. There's precedent! And you're family, if you want to be!"

"I. Killed. Willingly." Bluebell growled, leering into her brother's face. "I did it before, I could do it again."

"If you want," Reed shivered. "But the choice is yours. Live this lonely life pretending that you are an outcast, hated by all, or find dragons who love you and want to work with you to survive! Even if it's not the Refuge, there are dragons out there! Stop acting like you are the victim all the time and do something for yourself!:

"Go." Bluebell growled. "Go before I kill you too. I am beyond saving. I am not worthy of love. I killed my sister, this is my punishment, okay? let me live out my punishment in peace. If you take issue with that, never see me again."

"Bluebell-" Reed pleaded.

"Just go." Bluebell snarled, teeth inches from his head. She could tear it off his neck if she wanted, Reed did not doubt it. Fear thudding in his chest, he scrambled backwards, running towards home as fast as he could.

"Yes, run away!" Bluebell snapped, teeth clamped shut. "I am a monster and this is what I deserve!"

Reed was too afraid to protest.

4554ac37d6579876f2dede97d4dda887007b85b2.png
dragon?did=76057651&skin=23306&apparel=26942,491&xt=dressing.png
dragon?did=74443402&skin=0&apparel=42679,3689,6027,3642,6034,3640&xt=dressing.png

"We need to intensify our training," Balance narrowed her eyes in determination.

"What?" Fenrir seemed taken aback. "We are going as strong as we can, you've only just begun to get used to the fire magic. If we go any harder, it could kill you. Be exposed to raw elemental magic that is not your own is dangerous, especially if it's forms you are weak against. Remember how long it took you to adjust to the lightning energy?"

"I. Don't. Care." Balance gritted her teeth. "It's my fault Sage is dead. My son has caused enough problems, I need to take him down. I don't care if I go down too. I made this problem, I am going to fix it. You never should have taken me in in the first place. You you hadn't, Sage would still be alive. Iris would still be alive. Bonefury would still be alive. It's all my fault."

"Respectfully, no it's not your fault," Fenrir said calmly. "Did you kill them by your own hand? Or by your shade's hand?"

"No, but-" Balance began.

"Cavador is a grown dragon. He can make his own choices. It is not your fault for simply bringing him into existence. No dragon carries the weight of the actions all their descendants." Fenrir explained.

"Still, I need to get stronger. I can't let him hurt any more people, and I brought him into this world, I should take him out. I have blood on my talons already. I don't want to dirty anyone else's." Balance vowed.

"That, quite frankly, is not your decision to make," Fenrir said. "You can make a decision for others. If you feel this is your responsibility, let us share the burden. I choose to fight alongside you, and there are many others who I know will. If you burn yourself out, and kill yourself trying to get strong enough, you won't do anyone good. You won't stop Cavador from existing by stopping yours. I know the guilt is a lot to carry, but snuffing it out is not the way to go. It's learning to forgive yourself. To act in a way that you find honor in."

Balance took a deep breath. "I still want to get stronger."

"I know," Fenrir nodded. "And we'll get there. But I won't let you push yourself to the point where you destroy yourself, that won't do anyone good. Besides, Clove and I have been working on devices that and contain and launch elemental magic."

"Really?" Balance tilted her head. "Why didn't you tell me, you idiot!"

"You had enough on your plate to deal with," Fenrir said gently.

"You act like I am so fragile. And yes, I am dealing with a lot of emotions. And yes, guilt may make me self-destructive, but I am not weak," Balance growled.

"I never said you were," Fenrir looked surprised.

"Not with your words, no, but with your actions. Have a little faith in me, please. I know you want to protect me, I know you pity me, but I can look after myself well enough. If there is important information that will help me know I don't have to push myself beyond my means, tell me. Trust me." Balance demanded.

"I am sorry I underestimated you," Fenrir seemed truly apologetic. "I see now where I was wrong. Yes, let's work together to finish this out. We will find ways to protect ourselves from The Shade. I promise I will communicate with you about the things I have been working on."

"Let's start now," Balance grinned. "Tell me what you've got."

FOR ONCE A DEATHLESS DEATH STREAK!!! I rolled heads, and I was so sure someone was going to die. I rolled Reed (lv 1), Bluebell (lv 1) and Balance (lv 5), we were in the Woodland path, and I just spammed enough healing potions that by some miracle they all made it through ten consecutive battles. I think it helped that I hadn't yet shifted Reed to my normal coli set-up, so he had that high defence move that minimized the damage he took.

Also, I wanted to say that since last chapter, I have had a few people ask about pre-claiming dragons in case of their deaths, and I wanted to open that up to the wider audience. If there is a dragon in the main pinkerlocke tag you would like to have in your clan should they die, let me know and I'll make note in their bio that you have claim on them. Feel free to check the bottom of bios to see if that dragon has been claimed or not.

Also, just for funsies, let's do a check-in on everyone's levels!
  1. Umberlee, Flora, LIV, Leo, Griffin, Isadora, Locke, Kelpie, Caspian, Doppio, Dominga
  2. Aes
  3. Niclas, Bubo, Bluebell, Reed, David, Cavador, Victor
  4. Maria, Cerys
  5. Malcolm, Persephone, Balance, Oregano, Rosa, Mason, Gwen
  6. Thorne
  7. Flint
  8. Tyrian
  9. Fenrir
  10. Burns, Clove, Fabian
I thought for sure that Reed was about to die, thank goodness no one did in the end, there's already been enough.

As for claims, would I be able to pre-claim Tyrian and Oregano? They're the main two I've been keeping an eye on.
I thought for sure that Reed was about to die, thank goodness no one did in the end, there's already been enough.

As for claims, would I be able to pre-claim Tyrian and Oregano? They're the main two I've been keeping an eye on.
unEaUkh.png - She/they/xe
- Tales of Eotera (Lore Thread)
9fbec014932d0afc30da6fd2c36bc2ad26496952.png
late to the party but LONG LIVE THE NEW LEADER! Burns looks very good as a Guardian :D

*steeples fingers* I may be looking forward to a Balance/Cavador showdown a little too much.
late to the party but LONG LIVE THE NEW LEADER! Burns looks very good as a Guardian :D

*steeples fingers* I may be looking forward to a Balance/Cavador showdown a little too much.
THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING SASSYPANTS DRAGON SUPPORT

HAVE YOU TRIED TURNING YOUR DRAGON OFF AND THEN ON AGAIN

located on the coldest cliff of the cloudscrape crags as dragonly possible For Your Convenience

*herald trumpets* welcome to the ghost kingdom
@Lixue

I am so so so glad that all of them are alive and well, it was a scary 10 battles!

For sure! I'll make note of them for you!

@girlofSornieth

Burns sure is rocking his new look!!!

Hehehehe I'm excited as well!!!
@Lixue

I am so so so glad that all of them are alive and well, it was a scary 10 battles!

For sure! I'll make note of them for you!

@girlofSornieth

Burns sure is rocking his new look!!!

Hehehehe I'm excited as well!!!
Oh man! Balance on a warpath! I am REALLY excited to see her inevitable future conflicts with her son… so much drama… so much guilt…
I also really like Bluebells interactions with pretty much anyone. She’s so angry and mean, but also so hurt too! I think it’s cool to see characters like that which grow very bitter and horridly lonely with their circumstances overtime, I feel like I never really see that sort of isolation too often.

Also, if nobodies claimed him (or also wants him), I’d be willing to rehome Fenrir should his time come- but hopefully not anytime soon! He’s been one of my favorites throughout this!
Oh man! Balance on a warpath! I am REALLY excited to see her inevitable future conflicts with her son… so much drama… so much guilt…
I also really like Bluebells interactions with pretty much anyone. She’s so angry and mean, but also so hurt too! I think it’s cool to see characters like that which grow very bitter and horridly lonely with their circumstances overtime, I feel like I never really see that sort of isolation too often.

Also, if nobodies claimed him (or also wants him), I’d be willing to rehome Fenrir should his time come- but hopefully not anytime soon! He’s been one of my favorites throughout this!
pretend like something awesome and cool is here
@octagaze

Lots of strong emotions in this update for sure!!! Bluebell's journey fascinates me, because she's lost the things she was justifiably angry about, but she's still angry and she doesn't know what to do about it.

Awesome!!! I am so glad he has a potential home should he die - his starmap was expensive.
@octagaze

Lots of strong emotions in this update for sure!!! Bluebell's journey fascinates me, because she's lost the things she was justifiably angry about, but she's still angry and she doesn't know what to do about it.

Awesome!!! I am so glad he has a potential home should he die - his starmap was expensive.
Ooohh, that chapter was intense! So many emotions and arguments! Reed argues fantastically well, but Bluebell in this case was an example of "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink."

So it was nice to read Balance and Fenrir's more positive interaction afterwards! Congrats on the deathless death streak! Those seem rather rare, and I'm always glad when everyone comes out unscathed (even if they're being mean like Bluebell XD).
Ooohh, that chapter was intense! So many emotions and arguments! Reed argues fantastically well, but Bluebell in this case was an example of "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink."

So it was nice to read Balance and Fenrir's more positive interaction afterwards! Congrats on the deathless death streak! Those seem rather rare, and I'm always glad when everyone comes out unscathed (even if they're being mean like Bluebell XD).
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
1 2 ... 130 131 132 133 134 ... 249 250