Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Exalting Etiquette, No Judgement
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 19 20
What do you think about buying at LAH and training with no gap for the person you purchased off to message you?

i bought it, they get money, i get money. tbh its fine like if they ask for it back then ill sell it back for how much i bought it for/how much i get if i exalted and stuff

What's your opinion on exalting higher priced dragons e.g. 10kt?

its annoying but again i paid them for it so the dragon is now mine and i can do what i like with it

Do you personally like to exalt, or are you a no exalt lair completely?

i try to exalt fodder everynow and then to get money but i dont have much lair space so its kinda annoying

(If you're an exalting lair) Do you save up a batch, and mass exalt? Or do you train two with a flyer and exalt in pairs?

usually i hatch my own fodder and put them in the hibden and when theyre adults if i have the time i level and exalt

How do you feel about exalting dragons from giveaways? Even if its been a while, do you CR them back like some posts request, or train to exalt?

if i dont like the dragon then i put it in my pinkerlocke when i get a apparel/familiar pull since it will probably die but also i did give it some lore and used it in something fun, if i dont put it in my locke then i just wait a while and exalt or sell at fodder price for someone else to exalt or give it to someone
What do you think about buying at LAH and training with no gap for the person you purchased off to message you?

i bought it, they get money, i get money. tbh its fine like if they ask for it back then ill sell it back for how much i bought it for/how much i get if i exalted and stuff

its annoying but again i paid them for it so the dragon is now mine and i can do what i like with it

i try to exalt fodder everynow and then to get money but i dont have much lair space so its kinda annoying

(If you're an exalting lair) Do you save up a batch, and mass exalt? Or do you train two with a flyer and exalt in pairs?

usually i hatch my own fodder and put them in the hibden and when theyre adults if i have the time i level and exalt

How do you feel about exalting dragons from giveaways? Even if its been a while, do you CR them back like some posts request, or train to exalt?

if i dont like the dragon then i put it in my pinkerlocke when i get a apparel/familiar pull since it will probably die but also i did give it some lore and used it in something fun, if i dont put it in my locke then i just wait a while and exalt or sell at fodder price for someone else to exalt or give it to someone

I never exalt, purely out of worry.
I’ve had several projects floating around, and almost all of them had perfect color matches…that were exalted. Most of my dragons don’t have beautiful colors or interesting ids, but hey, maybe someone has a project with those exact colors. I don’t have a sales tab, as I usually don’t get rid of dragons, but when I do, they go strait to the AH. I know that they’ll most likely be snapped up by exalting lairs, but most of the time they have proper tabs for any possible resale with prices listed.
Exalting just feels so final to me. The dragon’s just gone, almost impossible to get back. I’d rather not risk that and instead let fate decide what happens to the dragon on the AH.

No shade to exalting lairs! That’s how I found some of my project dergs, and I’ve heard that it’s a pretty solid way of making money. Best of luck to you all!

I never exalt, purely out of worry.
I’ve had several projects floating around, and almost all of them had perfect color matches…that were exalted. Most of my dragons don’t have beautiful colors or interesting ids, but hey, maybe someone has a project with those exact colors. I don’t have a sales tab, as I usually don’t get rid of dragons, but when I do, they go strait to the AH. I know that they’ll most likely be snapped up by exalting lairs, but most of the time they have proper tabs for any possible resale with prices listed.
Exalting just feels so final to me. The dragon’s just gone, almost impossible to get back. I’d rather not risk that and instead let fate decide what happens to the dragon on the AH.

No shade to exalting lairs! That’s how I found some of my project dergs, and I’ve heard that it’s a pretty solid way of making money. Best of luck to you all!
My coliseum scavenger hunt progress!
Helping stock the AH, come see!
7zcCDc4.png
[quote]What do you think about buying at LAH and training with no gap for the person you purchased off to message you? [/quote] I don't do this very often, but I don't have a problem with it. If I buy a dragon at fodder price, it's fodder to me. [quote]What's your opinion on exalting higher priced dragons e.g. 10kt?[/quote] If I can't sell a dragon easily, I just exalt it or put it in storage for a battle. Price doesn't matter a whole lot to me unless it can easily get upwards of 100g [quote]Do you personally like to exalt, or are you a no exalt lair completely? (If you're an exalting lair) Do you save up a batch, and mass exalt? Or do you train two with a flyer and exalt in pairs?[/quote] I exalt but not super frequently, just whenever I'm in the mood and have time [quote]How do you feel about exalting dragons from giveaways? Even if its been a while, do you CR them back like some posts request, or train to exalt?[/quote] I take in and kick out dragons so frequently that I don't usually remember who came from where I do check bios (sometimes. if I remember.) But usually dragons get yeeted with very little distinction [quote]other[/quote] - I save up 40-200 (depends how full my hibden is) and only pull, train, and exalt those with the coli bonus, though not all if there are many on a certain day - one thing I do that seems kind of controversial is I fill up my lair and hibden as much as I can before a dom battle, then sell off the dragons en masse, usually without naming. They are exalted 99.9% of the time even if not by me so i kinda count this as exalting revenue. Some of them do come from my own pairs but most of these dragons are bought 1-2 weeks before
Quote:
I don't do this very often, but I don't have a problem with it. If I buy a dragon at fodder price, it's fodder to me.

Quote:
If I can't sell a dragon easily, I just exalt it or put it in storage for a battle. Price doesn't matter a whole lot to me unless it can easily get upwards of 100g

Quote:
I exalt but not super frequently, just whenever I'm in the mood and have time

Quote:
I take in and kick out dragons so frequently that I don't usually remember who came from where
I do check bios (sometimes. if I remember.) But usually dragons get yeeted with very little distinction

Quote:
other
- I save up 40-200 (depends how full my hibden is) and only pull, train, and exalt those with the coli bonus, though not all if there are many on a certain day
- one thing I do that seems kind of controversial is I fill up my lair and hibden as much as I can before a dom battle, then sell off the dragons en masse, usually without naming. They are exalted 99.9% of the time even if not by me so i kinda count this as exalting revenue. Some of them do come from my own pairs but most of these dragons are bought 1-2 weeks before

LRdLP2V.pngG8AyR6r.png6Ef6hwD.pngaC86tUH.png
kHBaXec.pngmmoRz30.pngdjVsGUf.pngMOCTGj3.png
YMPbu9R.png

I just start training whenever i get the time. Whether that means immediately or just buying them for the purpose of training them later /shrug. I don't really wait and since it's fodder floor dragons, not many people message me bout them. I've had more people message me bout dragons i bought to keep than fodder lol

I will say tho i had someone message me once thanks after i bought their fodder dragon. It's very awkward and i got flustered n just sent that one immediately to the coli hhdgdhdh i probably shouldve messaged them bout it but like...it was fodder priced

I don't do that because i don't think it's worth it? Buy less, sell more but.. exalt high lehjfjfj
Around 6-7kt is okay but not a whole lot higher from that

No because the coli is boring!!! But i don't know how else to make money quickly besides fairgrounds and those cap off each day Dx
So i do exalt but like..the coli is super boring

I buy up what space i have left and then train everybody and then exalt them all when I'm done training them. Usually it's around 5-10 dragons depending on the day

I don't really care hhdhhd. The dragons mine, I'll exalt or resell them if i want to. Maybe if it was really close since the giveaway but idk. I'd get super nervous to message someone that. I'd try to resell than exalt first at any rate

I just start training whenever i get the time. Whether that means immediately or just buying them for the purpose of training them later /shrug. I don't really wait and since it's fodder floor dragons, not many people message me bout them. I've had more people message me bout dragons i bought to keep than fodder lol

I will say tho i had someone message me once thanks after i bought their fodder dragon. It's very awkward and i got flustered n just sent that one immediately to the coli hhdgdhdh i probably shouldve messaged them bout it but like...it was fodder priced

I don't do that because i don't think it's worth it? Buy less, sell more but.. exalt high lehjfjfj
Around 6-7kt is okay but not a whole lot higher from that

No because the coli is boring!!! But i don't know how else to make money quickly besides fairgrounds and those cap off each day Dx
So i do exalt but like..the coli is super boring

I buy up what space i have left and then train everybody and then exalt them all when I'm done training them. Usually it's around 5-10 dragons depending on the day

I don't really care hhdhhd. The dragons mine, I'll exalt or resell them if i want to. Maybe if it was really close since the giveaway but idk. I'd get super nervous to message someone that. I'd try to resell than exalt first at any rate
bVzIUfv.png
[quote]What do you think about buying at LAH and training with no gap for the person you purchased off to message you?[/quote] i'm fine with it. i'll even do it myself occasionally. although it hasn't happened, i don't mind if someone asks me for the dragon back, but i'll usually ask for another dragon in return that i can train and exalt. i feel like its a fair trade. [quote]What's your opinion on exalting higher priced dragons e.g. 10kt?[/quote] i don't really care. probably a poor investment choice though. [quote]Do you personally like to exalt, or are you a no exalt lair completely?[/quote] exalt lair babey [quote](If you're an exalting lair) Do you save up a batch, and mass exalt? Or do you train two with a flyer and exalt in pairs?[/quote] i save up batches. i also train two at a time because its easy lol [quote]How do you feel about exalting dragons from giveaways? Even if its been a while, do you CR them back like some posts request, or train to exalt?[/quote] if i didn't want it i would either send it back or just refuse to take it. if its been awhile then i would've probably forgotten where i got it anyways
Quote:
i'm fine with it. i'll even do it myself occasionally. although it hasn't happened, i don't mind if someone asks me for the dragon back, but i'll usually ask for another dragon in return that i can train and exalt. i feel like its a fair trade.
Quote:
i don't really care. probably a poor investment choice though.
Quote:
exalt lair babey
Quote:
i save up batches. i also train two at a time because its easy lol
Quote:
if i didn't want it i would either send it back or just refuse to take it. if its been awhile then i would've probably forgotten where i got it anyways
littel_guy.png Alex or Rex
They/He
FR +1
Pinging is OK
Dragon Sales
Such is the fate of the fodder floor

I wouldn't buy a dragon above floor just to exalt them (outside a really tough dombattle), but if the situation arose, well see, I need that lair space

Grind them all into money

Do you save up a batch, and mass exalt? Or do you train two with a flyer and exalt in pairs?
Batches just feel more efficient. I train two at a time in batches of 10-30. If I don't want to coli that much I might snag one or two underpriced fodders from the AH and train them up half-heartedly as singular exalts

I'd feel a little guilty about that. I'd probably try to sell them or trade them away first, but if I couldn't get rid of them I'd probably shove them in hibden until I got sick of them burning my space and then send them off to the Lightweaver
Such is the fate of the fodder floor

I wouldn't buy a dragon above floor just to exalt them (outside a really tough dombattle), but if the situation arose, well see, I need that lair space

Grind them all into money

Do you save up a batch, and mass exalt? Or do you train two with a flyer and exalt in pairs?
Batches just feel more efficient. I train two at a time in batches of 10-30. If I don't want to coli that much I might snag one or two underpriced fodders from the AH and train them up half-heartedly as singular exalts

I'd feel a little guilty about that. I'd probably try to sell them or trade them away first, but if I couldn't get rid of them I'd probably shove them in hibden until I got sick of them burning my space and then send them off to the Lightweaver
I usually exalt if I have hatchlings that I don’t want to keep. I used to sell them on the AH until one day I went to check on them and realized that they were all being used as fodder. So I thought “fine, I’ll do it myself.”

You can usually tell which of my hatchlings got exalted if they have the name “Yaya” since that’s my preferred fodder name, though sometimes I’ll name a hatchling with the intent to keep it only to change my mind later.

If I exalt a dragon that I got from someone else, it’s nothing personal, I’m just redoing my lair and I don’t have the hibden space for them. Though if there is a note from the seller requesting that I return the dragon if I don’t want it anymore, then I will be respectful of that.
I usually exalt if I have hatchlings that I don’t want to keep. I used to sell them on the AH until one day I went to check on them and realized that they were all being used as fodder. So I thought “fine, I’ll do it myself.”

You can usually tell which of my hatchlings got exalted if they have the name “Yaya” since that’s my preferred fodder name, though sometimes I’ll name a hatchling with the intent to keep it only to change my mind later.

If I exalt a dragon that I got from someone else, it’s nothing personal, I’m just redoing my lair and I don’t have the hibden space for them. Though if there is a note from the seller requesting that I return the dragon if I don’t want it anymore, then I will be respectful of that.
6nI5sr3.png UPbvkZE.png
[quote]What's your opinion on exalting higher priced dragons e.g. 10kt?[/quote] I've seen when people buy lvl 25 dragons to exalt at like 300g, I think that's fine. If you're willing to spend the money then go for it. But I also know some people list dragons at higher prices to prevent their dragons from exalt so that's kinda tough. [quote]Do you personally like to exalt, or are you a no exalt lair completely?[/quote] I don't like exalting, it causes problems and I'm too lazy to train. I'm not 100% anti-exalt either, sometimes I need space or fast cash [quote](If you're an exalting lair) Do you save up a batch, and mass exalt? Or do you train two with a flyer and exalt in pairs?[/quote] Mass exalt, lots of money and a larger sense of accomplishment :D [quote]How do you feel about exalting dragons from giveaways? Even if its been a while, do you CR them back like some posts request, or train to exalt?[/quote] Tbh I'd feel really bad if I remembered the dragon came from a giveaway, if the host from said giveaway was active I'd try to CR back
Quote:
I've seen when people buy lvl 25 dragons to exalt at like 300g, I think that's fine. If you're willing to spend the money then go for it. But I also know some people list dragons at higher prices to prevent their dragons from exalt so that's kinda tough.
Quote:
I don't like exalting, it causes problems and I'm too lazy to train. I'm not 100% anti-exalt either, sometimes I need space or fast cash
Quote:
Mass exalt, lots of money and a larger sense of accomplishment :D
Quote:
Tbh I'd feel really bad if I remembered the dragon came from a giveaway, if the host from said giveaway was active I'd try to CR back
124.png
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifFR time + 1
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifThey/Them
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifDragon Hoarder
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifRightside is clickable →

arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifWishlist
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifODP Hatchery
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifLair Purge
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifUMs for sale
I train in batches of 10, usually to 6 or 7, then either exalt or send off to whoever is pushing that week. That gives you about half an hour to message me; more if I get distracted (which happens often because my brain goes 'oooh shiny' and then I'm going down some youtube or wiki hole). Sorry if that's not enough time, but if you're selling dragons for fodder prices then I feel like you really don't have room to complain. Price 'em higher if you don't want them in danger of getting insta-pillared.

Selling dragons is a pain. Selling dragons that have been bred is even more of a pain unless they're old or a G1. If they fall into one of those two categories then I'd probably try, but if it's just someone I picked up for a breeding project? Meh, not worth the effort and lair slot and I'd rather get something than potentially nothing.

I prefer to send them off to whichever flight is pushing because that usually gets me cute badges and slightly better prices, but I'm definitely not against exalting myself. I only have so much lair space.

I buy up dragons until my lair is full, then train the batch and send them all off. It's easier for me to work in chunks like that.

This is one of those 'context is important' questions. Grabbing free dragons to just immediately exalt is imo extremely rude because it's taking advantage of someone's generosity. At the same time, people do fall out of love with dragons and expecting them to keep the dragons people might've gave them when they were a newbie forever is... not really realistic. Personally, I would try to return the dragon if it's only been a couple months. If it's been more than a year... honestly, I'd probably try to rehome them first, then if that failed, give em the yeet. Unless they had lore or were a traveler. Those never get the yeet.

Do you allow people to buy back dragons you've trained? Only through certain condition, at a higher price, etc?
If I'm training fodder then all I'm really after is money; it doesn't matter to me whether it comes from me exalting them or someone buying their dragon back. I'd just ask them to pay whatever the exalt average is.

Do you give exalts names? Just call them exalt? If the feature to use unnamed dragons in the coli was given, would you train and exalt unnamed fodder?
Random name generator, take the wheel! Idk, I prefer seeing lists of actual names rather than just Exalt or w/e. I do give all exalts names though; sending them off without one just feels... sad.

If someone ask you to change your fodder name, would you do it? Or only if the person paid a renaming scroll? Or not at all?
If they care that strongly about it, then they probably should have named them themselves imo (plus it saves me the trouble of having to do it, which I appreciate). I'd do it for a renaming scroll but otherwise... nah.
I train in batches of 10, usually to 6 or 7, then either exalt or send off to whoever is pushing that week. That gives you about half an hour to message me; more if I get distracted (which happens often because my brain goes 'oooh shiny' and then I'm going down some youtube or wiki hole). Sorry if that's not enough time, but if you're selling dragons for fodder prices then I feel like you really don't have room to complain. Price 'em higher if you don't want them in danger of getting insta-pillared.

Selling dragons is a pain. Selling dragons that have been bred is even more of a pain unless they're old or a G1. If they fall into one of those two categories then I'd probably try, but if it's just someone I picked up for a breeding project? Meh, not worth the effort and lair slot and I'd rather get something than potentially nothing.

I prefer to send them off to whichever flight is pushing because that usually gets me cute badges and slightly better prices, but I'm definitely not against exalting myself. I only have so much lair space.

I buy up dragons until my lair is full, then train the batch and send them all off. It's easier for me to work in chunks like that.

This is one of those 'context is important' questions. Grabbing free dragons to just immediately exalt is imo extremely rude because it's taking advantage of someone's generosity. At the same time, people do fall out of love with dragons and expecting them to keep the dragons people might've gave them when they were a newbie forever is... not really realistic. Personally, I would try to return the dragon if it's only been a couple months. If it's been more than a year... honestly, I'd probably try to rehome them first, then if that failed, give em the yeet. Unless they had lore or were a traveler. Those never get the yeet.

Do you allow people to buy back dragons you've trained? Only through certain condition, at a higher price, etc?
If I'm training fodder then all I'm really after is money; it doesn't matter to me whether it comes from me exalting them or someone buying their dragon back. I'd just ask them to pay whatever the exalt average is.

Do you give exalts names? Just call them exalt? If the feature to use unnamed dragons in the coli was given, would you train and exalt unnamed fodder?
Random name generator, take the wheel! Idk, I prefer seeing lists of actual names rather than just Exalt or w/e. I do give all exalts names though; sending them off without one just feels... sad.

If someone ask you to change your fodder name, would you do it? Or only if the person paid a renaming scroll? Or not at all?
If they care that strongly about it, then they probably should have named them themselves imo (plus it saves me the trouble of having to do it, which I appreciate). I'd do it for a renaming scroll but otherwise... nah.
NaJJDaT.pngelLcOJA.pngQhVvUuK.pngwvlshadow.png4qDnNCf.png
-People can exalt whatever dragon they wish. I personally would rather not exalt more valuable dragons. I'd sell if possible, but if the dragon didn't sell I'd train and exalt.

-Yeah, I breed to exalt. I'd only exalt a dragon I bought if I couldn't sell it. Or maybe I'd sell the dragon for fodder price rather than exalt. Whichever I guess. If I'm lazy I'd sell for fodder

-Once I have a lot of fodder, I train them in pairs in Mire and exalt all at once.

-If they explicitly said to give the dragon back if I no longer want it, I'd CR them the dragon. If not, I'll sell or train then exalt.
-People can exalt whatever dragon they wish. I personally would rather not exalt more valuable dragons. I'd sell if possible, but if the dragon didn't sell I'd train and exalt.

-Yeah, I breed to exalt. I'd only exalt a dragon I bought if I couldn't sell it. Or maybe I'd sell the dragon for fodder price rather than exalt. Whichever I guess. If I'm lazy I'd sell for fodder

-Once I have a lot of fodder, I train them in pairs in Mire and exalt all at once.

-If they explicitly said to give the dragon back if I no longer want it, I'd CR them the dragon. If not, I'll sell or train then exalt.
Rhi02Tb.gif
XNwsqaL.png
art by sheasun on dA
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 19 20