Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Is Mire plague enough?
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
no
no
Silver Pocketwatch Copper Pocketwatch
while it's not a full-blown plague venue, it's certainly much more plague-y than before! i feel like they compromised between the original look and Plague's aesthetic to reach this in the middle, and honestly i think it works. at least i can believe that the mire is at near the scarred wasteland now. all in all, i think the update really works for the mire!

plus, this gives me hope that one day, we'll get a really nice, plague-y venue ;D
while it's not a full-blown plague venue, it's certainly much more plague-y than before! i feel like they compromised between the original look and Plague's aesthetic to reach this in the middle, and honestly i think it works. at least i can believe that the mire is at near the scarred wasteland now. all in all, i think the update really works for the mire!

plus, this gives me hope that one day, we'll get a really nice, plague-y venue ;D
ring_clear_the_bells_of_ecruteak_fr_sig_size_by_arkinine-dck2tke.png
It’s not a plague venue in any way tbh, to say otherwise is naive to put it kindly
It’s not a plague venue in any way tbh, to say otherwise is naive to put it kindly
sBdLZtA.png
They were never going to completely alter the appearance/vibe of the Mire. They made it a less lush green and more swampy which is a good compromise I think.

Looking at the alignments for each venue, for the elements that have two majority venues one is usually a pretty typical aesthetic and the other is tied by theme somehow. Lightning has a mechanical workshop and a stormy savanna. Fire has a volcano and a burned forest. Wind's atypical venue is Harpy's Roost and I don't think anyone looks at that and thinks Wind. It is unfortunate that they went with the theme vibes for Plague first (swamps are breeding grounds for disease) and haven't done a more typical meat/bones/soup goop type thing yet but I assume they'll do a more visually Plague venue in the future along with a second Ice, Earth, and Shadow venue.

But also, both of Light's elementally leaning venues don't particularly scream Light to me visually - Sandswept Delta and the Arena. The Waterway is potentially located in Light territory but it's alignment is split three ways with Water and Arcane so it's not a straight up Light venue.
They were never going to completely alter the appearance/vibe of the Mire. They made it a less lush green and more swampy which is a good compromise I think.

Looking at the alignments for each venue, for the elements that have two majority venues one is usually a pretty typical aesthetic and the other is tied by theme somehow. Lightning has a mechanical workshop and a stormy savanna. Fire has a volcano and a burned forest. Wind's atypical venue is Harpy's Roost and I don't think anyone looks at that and thinks Wind. It is unfortunate that they went with the theme vibes for Plague first (swamps are breeding grounds for disease) and haven't done a more typical meat/bones/soup goop type thing yet but I assume they'll do a more visually Plague venue in the future along with a second Ice, Earth, and Shadow venue.

But also, both of Light's elementally leaning venues don't particularly scream Light to me visually - Sandswept Delta and the Arena. The Waterway is potentially located in Light territory but it's alignment is split three ways with Water and Arcane so it's not a straight up Light venue.
cg6Ogwx.pngc76891238bc7cd166aeb215c480467c97a9ca8f1.png866GSCw.png
[quote name="Lunarsnow" date="2021-10-22 22:08:33" ] They were never going to completely alter the appearance/vibe of the Mire. They made it a less lush green and more swampy which is a good compromise I think. Looking at the alignments for each venue, for the elements that have two majority venues one is usually a pretty typical aesthetic and the other is tied by theme somehow. Lightning has a mechanical workshop and a stormy savanna. Fire has a volcano and a burned forest. Wind's atypical venue is Harpy's Roost and I don't think anyone looks at that and thinks Wind. It is unfortunate that they went with the theme vibes for Plague first (swamps are breeding grounds for disease) and haven't done a more typical meat/bones/soup goop type thing yet but I assume they'll do a more visually Plague venue in the future along with a second Ice, Earth, and Shadow venue. But also, both of Light's elementally leaning venues don't particularly scream Light to me visually - Sandswept Delta and the Arena. The Waterway is potentially located in Light territory but it's alignment is split three ways with Water and Arcane so it's not a straight up Light venue. [/quote] Agree. IMO, [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/2302065/17#post_30004226]this[/url] post that was linked earlier in the thread shows that Staff don't see The Mire as [i]the[/i] Plague venue, just a Plague-leaning one. This makes me think that they're aware we'd like a more Plague-y venue, and I think the new background and new familiars are a great appetizer to that.
Lunarsnow wrote on 2021-10-22 22:08:33:

Agree. IMO, this post that was linked earlier in the thread shows that Staff don't see The Mire as the Plague venue, just a Plague-leaning one. This makes me think that they're aware we'd like a more Plague-y venue, and I think the new background and new familiars are a great appetizer to that.
!! signature under construction !!
Okay, yes. After seeing the new enemies I would say that yes, Mire has gotten as Plague-y as it is reasonable to expect. Of course, a new pure Plague venue is still something I'd make puppy dog eyes for, but this is definitely a step in the right direction and I'm grateful for it.
Okay, yes. After seeing the new enemies I would say that yes, Mire has gotten as Plague-y as it is reasonable to expect. Of course, a new pure Plague venue is still something I'd make puppy dog eyes for, but this is definitely a step in the right direction and I'm grateful for it.
No, but also I like the Mire as is. We just need a new plague venue.

please staff :U
No, but also I like the Mire as is. We just need a new plague venue.

please staff :U
It's not plague, definitely, but man do I love the mire so much now

We are indeed in need of an actual plague venue however
It's not plague, definitely, but man do I love the mire so much now

We are indeed in need of an actual plague venue however

[quote name="Twizz" date="2021-10-22 18:08:38" ] I wouldn't say no to another Plague venue that's a more wasteland-y type of look but I think anybody that believes the Mire isn't a suitable Plague location/venue has never hung out near a real swamp, marsh, or mire or looked at some of the history associated with them. I mean, swamp fever, aka malaria? Cholera and other epidemics? Just check out the gnarly stuff that reared up during the constructions of the Erie and Suez canals. Heck, the word "quagmire" even has the secondary meaning of being a convoluted and/or dangerous situation. Swamps and mires are legendary for being bastions of infections and infestations. If that isn't Plague, I don't know what is. [/quote] My thoughts exactly! Also, yeah, this color of wetland exists irl. [img]https://www.reconnectwithnature.org/getmedia/17586d83-4a02-4844-80ad-f9aa9709befc/WetlandRockRunPreserveKevinKuchler.jpg[/img] [img] https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/75/Florida_freshwater_swamp_usgov_image.jpg[/img]
Twizz wrote on 2021-10-22 18:08:38:
I wouldn't say no to another Plague venue that's a more wasteland-y type of look but I think anybody that believes the Mire isn't a suitable Plague location/venue has never hung out near a real swamp, marsh, or mire or looked at some of the history associated with them.

I mean, swamp fever, aka malaria? Cholera and other epidemics? Just check out the gnarly stuff that reared up during the constructions of the Erie and Suez canals. Heck, the word "quagmire" even has the secondary meaning of being a convoluted and/or dangerous situation. Swamps and mires are legendary for being bastions of infections and infestations. If that isn't Plague, I don't know what is.

My thoughts exactly! Also, yeah, this color of wetland exists irl. WetlandRockRunPreserveKevinKuchler.jpg
Florida_freshwater_swamp_usgov_image.jpg
__water.gif
Plat • She/Any • FR+2 • Vistas: 124/135 • Avatar (likes?)
WaterDom DataSales TabG1 BargainsWishlist
Droplet • Active exalter • Lore writer • Space enthusiast
Please Ping • DragCaveDappervolkPCE • Discord

_NtwBtfW.png
In short: no, and adding 10 plant covered enemies doesn't make it more plague either.

In long: It's been 8 years of Staff going 'lol nope' about plague ANYTHING that isn't directly tied to the Festival al or worldmap.
Even the story is from the PoV of a nature dragon which like. Cool. You made a 'story about Plague' where Plague is the set dressing, but only barely because it's in a quarantine zond aka 'deliverately As little Plague as possible (while at the same time providing a great cop out on how this random swamp is totally plague y'all),' and now this.
It's staff going 'we're going to do the absolute bare minimum, including the world's laziest cop out on a venue, and you will it it' like yay baby give me nothing.

It's more of the same they're done for years now, right before RoR like it's somehow a gift instead of another insult to add two bonus and a bunch of *literally covered in plant life*.
I don't expect a plague Venue, ever. They spend 8 years on not doing it, why on Earth would they Start now.
In short: no, and adding 10 plant covered enemies doesn't make it more plague either.

In long: It's been 8 years of Staff going 'lol nope' about plague ANYTHING that isn't directly tied to the Festival al or worldmap.
Even the story is from the PoV of a nature dragon which like. Cool. You made a 'story about Plague' where Plague is the set dressing, but only barely because it's in a quarantine zond aka 'deliverately As little Plague as possible (while at the same time providing a great cop out on how this random swamp is totally plague y'all),' and now this.
It's staff going 'we're going to do the absolute bare minimum, including the world's laziest cop out on a venue, and you will it it' like yay baby give me nothing.

It's more of the same they're done for years now, right before RoR like it's somehow a gift instead of another insult to add two bonus and a bunch of *literally covered in plant life*.
I don't expect a plague Venue, ever. They spend 8 years on not doing it, why on Earth would they Start now.
make_mother_proud_by_duinimrais-d85f1js.gif
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12