Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Is Mire plague enough?
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
I mean considering my friend didn't even know it was a Plague venue until today.... lmao I don't think so.
I mean considering my friend didn't even know it was a Plague venue until today.... lmao I don't think so.
Book of Eldritch Horror
-Recall/Lucius/Michael
-He/They, +8 FR Time
-Lore and Fandragon enthusiast, love to talk!
-Wishlist! / Skin Idea Generator
Lurching Tome
(Former Plague)

I think it's fine. Swamps are diseasey enough without being horrific flesh pits. That it doesn't look like any part of the map doesn't really matter, a lot of the features on the map we have now didn't exist until the update, yet were still 'there' in lore, so it makes sense that other places you don't see are there too. I bet there is a lot of different features to other elemental zones as well that aren't shown. It would probably be a pain to draw out every single biome that might exist on a whole country map.
(Former Plague)

I think it's fine. Swamps are diseasey enough without being horrific flesh pits. That it doesn't look like any part of the map doesn't really matter, a lot of the features on the map we have now didn't exist until the update, yet were still 'there' in lore, so it makes sense that other places you don't see are there too. I bet there is a lot of different features to other elemental zones as well that aren't shown. It would probably be a pain to draw out every single biome that might exist on a whole country map.
A1R5LmJ.png zxIefB3.png
I mean, by this metric, Light doesn't really have a venue either! Sandswept Delta is the closest, but light isnt known to have deserts, really. I thought of the Mire as a Neutral venue before (like the arena and harpy's roost, which more work as Beastclan venues, if anything), but the redesign definitely looks plague.

swamps and bogs are fetid, difficult places to live, and the brownish-green is what a lot of plague water looks like, so I think it matches! maybe the next venue will be plague too, we dont know; this is just a revamp, so it cant be a complete rebrand like suddenly sending it into the wyrmwound.
I mean, by this metric, Light doesn't really have a venue either! Sandswept Delta is the closest, but light isnt known to have deserts, really. I thought of the Mire as a Neutral venue before (like the arena and harpy's roost, which more work as Beastclan venues, if anything), but the redesign definitely looks plague.

swamps and bogs are fetid, difficult places to live, and the brownish-green is what a lot of plague water looks like, so I think it matches! maybe the next venue will be plague too, we dont know; this is just a revamp, so it cant be a complete rebrand like suddenly sending it into the wyrmwound.
KHUgIpL.gif sMnKARY.png fK5z2eq.gif
I wish it had more of the feel of the ground described in lore, etc. Some distinctive aspects. For me, it still feels much like it did before. I don't feel like there's a come and go from it (like other venues), it lacks the feeling of trails still for me.

I use it, but I think it needed more done than was as far as the art goes.
I wish it had more of the feel of the ground described in lore, etc. Some distinctive aspects. For me, it still feels much like it did before. I don't feel like there's a come and go from it (like other venues), it lacks the feeling of trails still for me.

I use it, but I think it needed more done than was as far as the art goes.
EggForumNebula2150hightiny.png
[quote name="Shirotsuki" date="2021-10-22 06:14:34" ] No. Not even close. Isn't it supposed to be a quarantine zone though? Sadly, it might make more sense that it looks like a regular forest if so. [/quote] From what i saw, its more swampy which i really like but could use more fungi and bones in the background, maybe see some bone pillars rising Also that light polution, i hope we get that wonderful moonlight back since i usually grind at night anyway
Shirotsuki wrote on 2021-10-22 06:14:34:
No. Not even close. Isn't it supposed to be a quarantine zone though? Sadly, it might make more sense that it looks like a regular forest if so.

From what i saw, its more swampy which i really like but could use more fungi and bones in the background, maybe see some bone pillars rising

Also that light polution, i hope we get that wonderful moonlight back since i usually grind at night anyway
plagueanim1.gif
FR+9 | cQS6PnX.png | german
FObX7rS.png
- No voice to cry suffering. -
No random friend requests
_______
__
f44Zu0R.gif

They literally gave us 2 bones (1 of them is even hidden) and a bunch of mushrooms, this isn't plague at all. I could literally go outside right now and find something that looks pretty much like the mire. My garden probably has more bones laying around than this venue. Why can't we just have a venue that looks like the banner art or the plague fest scene? I think the new art for the mire looks pretty nice but it's definitely not plague.

Saying the mire is a plague venue is like saying the golem workshop is a water venue because it's underwater. I don't care if devs say that it's a plague venue, it'll never be a plague venue to me, there isn't even a place on the world map that looks like the mire in plague, with ghostlight ruins they at least have the hewn city in light.

Apparently every flight gets to have 2 venues and I'll be very sad if one of plague's is taken up by this.
They literally gave us 2 bones (1 of them is even hidden) and a bunch of mushrooms, this isn't plague at all. I could literally go outside right now and find something that looks pretty much like the mire. My garden probably has more bones laying around than this venue. Why can't we just have a venue that looks like the banner art or the plague fest scene? I think the new art for the mire looks pretty nice but it's definitely not plague.

Saying the mire is a plague venue is like saying the golem workshop is a water venue because it's underwater. I don't care if devs say that it's a plague venue, it'll never be a plague venue to me, there isn't even a place on the world map that looks like the mire in plague, with ghostlight ruins they at least have the hewn city in light.

Apparently every flight gets to have 2 venues and I'll be very sad if one of plague's is taken up by this.
akueye3.png
[quote name="ThanosBottomText" date="2021-10-22 15:11:03" ] They literally gave us 2 bones (1 of them is even hidden) and a bunch of mushrooms, this isn't plague at all. I could literally go outside right now and find something that looks pretty much like the mire. My garden probably has more bones laying around than this venue. Why can't we just have a venue that looks like the banner art or the plague fest scene? I think the new art for the mire looks pretty nice but it's definitely not plague. Saying the mire is a plague venue is like saying the golem workshop is a water venue because it's underwater. I don't care if devs say that it's a plague venue, it'll never be a plague venue to me, there isn't even a place on the world map that looks like the mire in plague, with ghostlight ruins they at least have the hewn city in light. Apparently every flight gets to have 2 venues and I'll be very sad if one of plague's is taken up by this. [/quote] It would make more sense if we knew if this might be the Seedscar, then a plague venue being overrun by plantlife and it being one of the most dangerous venues would make more sense Still agree there should be more bones, cant go wrong with that!
ThanosBottomText wrote on 2021-10-22 15:11:03:

It would make more sense if we knew if this might be the Seedscar, then a plague venue being overrun by plantlife and it being one of the most dangerous venues would make more sense

Still agree there should be more bones, cant go wrong with that!
plagueanim1.gif
FR+9 | cQS6PnX.png | german
FObX7rS.png
- No voice to cry suffering. -
No random friend requests
_______
__
f44Zu0R.gif

[quote name="ThanosBottomText" date="2021-10-22 15:11:03" ] Saying the mire is a plague venue is like saying the golem workshop is a water venue because it's underwater. I don't care if devs say that it's a plague venue, it'll never be a plague venue to me, there isn't even a place on the world map that looks like the mire in plague, with ghostlight ruins they at least have the hewn city in light. Apparently every flight gets to have 2 venues and I'll be very sad if one of plague's is taken up by this. [/quote] Ghostlight Ruins is supposed to be Light? I always thought it was Shadow, if not, what venue is Shadow's? I always thought Light also got the short end of the stick, I thought their venue was the Arena which looks less like Light now than it used to.
ThanosBottomText wrote on 2021-10-22 15:11:03:

Ghostlight Ruins is supposed to be Light? I always thought it was Shadow, if not, what venue is Shadow's? I always thought Light also got the short end of the stick, I thought their venue was the Arena which looks less like Light now than it used to.
!! signature under construction !!
Doesn't look Plague-y to me at all, it's better than [i]before[/i] but that sets the bar so low you'd have to dig to find it. Compared to [item=Scene: Plaguebringer's Domain]? It's basically Nature...but slightly mucky. But that's pretty much what I expected, I figured Mire would stay pretty much the same.
Doesn't look Plague-y to me at all, it's better than before but that sets the bar so low you'd have to dig to find it.

Compared to Scene: Plaguebringer's Domain ? It's basically Nature...but slightly mucky.

But that's pretty much what I expected, I figured Mire would stay pretty much the same.
I literally didn't know the Mire was meant to be a plague venue till yesterday, and while the new art is certainly more sickly (and just prettier, love me a good update) it still doesnt read as plague to me

That said, I think we should add a new venue that more accurately portrays the plague aesthetic seeing as so many people use the Mire and there's plenty of folks who aren't comfortable with plague

as for me though >:3 i'd love to see some sick nasty carnage and disease yes please
I literally didn't know the Mire was meant to be a plague venue till yesterday, and while the new art is certainly more sickly (and just prettier, love me a good update) it still doesnt read as plague to me

That said, I think we should add a new venue that more accurately portrays the plague aesthetic seeing as so many people use the Mire and there's plenty of folks who aren't comfortable with plague

as for me though >:3 i'd love to see some sick nasty carnage and disease yes please
SqnIrhs.pngriches1.pngsleep_apng_s.pngPlanesorangeS.png
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12