Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Is Mire plague enough?
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
its older than the whole concept of giving each venue distinct elemental alignment and dedicating it for specific flight and placing them in specific locations on the map. the makeover makes it more plague themed (the whole rotting wood and animal remains), while still staying in original concept. i believe that mire is plague enough with this in mind. instead of making mire more "obviously plague" and essentially transforming it into entirely different venue, there should be new venue dedicated for looking obviously plague.
its older than the whole concept of giving each venue distinct elemental alignment and dedicating it for specific flight and placing them in specific locations on the map. the makeover makes it more plague themed (the whole rotting wood and animal remains), while still staying in original concept. i believe that mire is plague enough with this in mind. instead of making mire more "obviously plague" and essentially transforming it into entirely different venue, there should be new venue dedicated for looking obviously plague.
horizontal banner that has blue space background, The Arcanist who glows pink, and light pink text that says Thanks Arcanist
Ledi | finland | 10+ fr time | adult | artist & game dev
identity button signifying that user identifies as gayidentity button signifying that user is transgender and uses he pronounsidentity button that signifies that user is autisticidentity button that signifies that user has adhd
It's unorthodox of what plague usually looks like with their domain like fleshy lands, but the mire is like a different point of view. Think about the borders and how they weave together, like what's most likely supposed to be the border of plague and shadow. The update's new fresh paint made it much better pallette wise however, so I'm thankful we were able to get that

Tl;dr: yes
It's unorthodox of what plague usually looks like with their domain like fleshy lands, but the mire is like a different point of view. Think about the borders and how they weave together, like what's most likely supposed to be the border of plague and shadow. The update's new fresh paint made it much better pallette wise however, so I'm thankful we were able to get that

Tl;dr: yes
FObX7rS.png
oDtHYlL.png
koJv3g8.png
520DU0J.png
mlHpBMC.png
fkWjutW.png
hAWo4bz.gif
I wouldn't say no to another Plague venue that's a more wasteland-y type of look but I think anybody that believes the Mire isn't a suitable Plague location/venue has never hung out near a real swamp, marsh, or mire or looked at some of the history associated with them.

I mean, swamp fever, aka malaria? Cholera and other epidemics? Just check out the gnarly stuff that reared up during the constructions of the Erie and Suez canals. Heck, the word "quagmire" even has the secondary meaning of being a convoluted and/or dangerous situation. Swamps and mires are legendary for being bastions of infections and infestations. If that isn't Plague, I don't know what is.
I wouldn't say no to another Plague venue that's a more wasteland-y type of look but I think anybody that believes the Mire isn't a suitable Plague location/venue has never hung out near a real swamp, marsh, or mire or looked at some of the history associated with them.

I mean, swamp fever, aka malaria? Cholera and other epidemics? Just check out the gnarly stuff that reared up during the constructions of the Erie and Suez canals. Heck, the word "quagmire" even has the secondary meaning of being a convoluted and/or dangerous situation. Swamps and mires are legendary for being bastions of infections and infestations. If that isn't Plague, I don't know what is.
PeoMDYF.pngUxsWBSZ.png
Did staff ever say each flight got two venues? Because that doesn't.... sound right. I think that's more player speculation than anything. Most of the coli venues are vague and ambiguous, and by this definition where's [i]*ice's*[/i] second venue? Does ice even have a venue? The lore for boreal says it's a forest that has a summer season so does that mean ice has warm bountiful summers? Heck does shadow even have a venue? Dark ruins explored for treasure is way more Hewn City than anything shadow territory has. What's training fields doin', does nature have three venues? Earth? Most of the venues could be argued toward multiple flights, the only venues we know the location of is Volcanic Vents, Bamboo Falls (which is duo owned by Wind *and* Water) and Golem Workshop [quote=Volcanic Vents] Volcanic Vents is a level 18 coliseum venue. The fiery mountains of the Ashfall Waste continue to reshape themselves and push their borders. The newly formed Volcanic Vents presents a host of new challenges for your dragon clan to face![/quote] [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=87]x[/url] [quote=Bamboo] For instance, Bamboo Falls exists somewhere at the intersection of the Windswept Plateau and the Sea of a Thousand Currents. The Golem Workshop is likely the interior of a mesa in the Shifting Expanse.[/quote] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/1327998/24#post_10267140]x[/url] Every other venue is largely speculation based on art or item descriptions (noggles being found in sewers under the Hewn City, all that fun radioactive rock in Crystal). So I feel it's a bit unfair to expect staff to hand over something they never seemed to promise us. I want a full on plague venue too, but by this logic shadow and ice and earth and wind seem to be in far more dire need of attention on that supposed front.
Did staff ever say each flight got two venues? Because that doesn't.... sound right. I think that's more player speculation than anything. Most of the coli venues are vague and ambiguous, and by this definition where's *ice's* second venue? Does ice even have a venue? The lore for boreal says it's a forest that has a summer season so does that mean ice has warm bountiful summers? Heck does shadow even have a venue? Dark ruins explored for treasure is way more Hewn City than anything shadow territory has. What's training fields doin', does nature have three venues? Earth? Most of the venues could be argued toward multiple flights, the only venues we know the location of is Volcanic Vents, Bamboo Falls (which is duo owned by Wind *and* Water) and Golem Workshop
Volcanic Vents wrote:
Volcanic Vents is a level 18 coliseum venue. The fiery mountains of the Ashfall Waste continue to reshape themselves and push their borders. The newly formed Volcanic Vents presents a host of new challenges for your dragon clan to face!
x
Bamboo wrote:
For instance, Bamboo Falls exists somewhere at the intersection of the Windswept Plateau and the Sea of a Thousand Currents. The Golem Workshop is likely the interior of a mesa in the Shifting Expanse.
x

Every other venue is largely speculation based on art or item descriptions (noggles being found in sewers under the Hewn City, all that fun radioactive rock in Crystal). So I feel it's a bit unfair to expect staff to hand over something they never seemed to promise us. I want a full on plague venue too, but by this logic shadow and ice and earth and wind seem to be in far more dire need of attention on that supposed front.
KBuajgX.pngxxxxxxxx2z8Ghkx.png
Finally found these for those interested:

https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/2302065/17#post_30004226
^Mire is intended to be the Plague Venue. Confirmation that there is intention to give Plague and other elements a second venue. (hooray!)

https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/1753555/9#post_17880459
^Ghostlight appears to be Shadow's Venue.

https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/1482729#post_1482729
^Talks about the decision to give venues an intended element.

https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/1832544/40#post_19443015
^Confirmation they intend for venues to be heavy in certain elements.
Finally found these for those interested:

https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/2302065/17#post_30004226
^Mire is intended to be the Plague Venue. Confirmation that there is intention to give Plague and other elements a second venue. (hooray!)

https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/1753555/9#post_17880459
^Ghostlight appears to be Shadow's Venue.

https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/1482729#post_1482729
^Talks about the decision to give venues an intended element.

https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/1832544/40#post_19443015
^Confirmation they intend for venues to be heavy in certain elements.
No traveling dragons please!
Idk, but it’s certainly more Floridian now.
[quote name="Beeff" date="2021-10-22 19:26:19" ] Idk, but it’s certainly more Floridian now. [/quote] As it should be.
Beeff wrote on 2021-10-22 19:26:19:
As it should be.
  • Tender/Vulture
  • FR+3
  • She/They
  • Actual Turkey Vulture
XxqDwGq.png
SWAMP BIOME PLAGUE 4 LYFE, BABEY!!!
Mire ultimately is still gonna be controversial as a plague venue due to it's lack of horror elements or fleshy bits. It could be more plaguey, but it's an improvement on the old one.

I give it a 4/10 as a plague venue. Could have more dead plants being overtaken by plague or a pink-ish vine here or there. Some splotch of meat on a tree. The bones are appreciated though.
Mire ultimately is still gonna be controversial as a plague venue due to it's lack of horror elements or fleshy bits. It could be more plaguey, but it's an improvement on the old one.

I give it a 4/10 as a plague venue. Could have more dead plants being overtaken by plague or a pink-ish vine here or there. Some splotch of meat on a tree. The bones are appreciated though.
I feel like there should be a new more plague aesthetic venue, but I don't think the mire should've been overhauled to be more gory so I'm glad it didn't.

It's the most used venue out of necessity, and I'm not sure many people would appreciate having no choice but to grind in something that looks like gore. The upside with another plague venue would be people have the choice to use it or not.
I feel like there should be a new more plague aesthetic venue, but I don't think the mire should've been overhauled to be more gory so I'm glad it didn't.

It's the most used venue out of necessity, and I'm not sure many people would appreciate having no choice but to grind in something that looks like gore. The upside with another plague venue would be people have the choice to use it or not.
[quote name="@Lednik" date="2021-10-22 18:10:07" ] Did staff ever say each flight got two venues? Because that doesn't.... sound right. I think that's more player speculation than anything. Most of the coli venues are vague and ambiguous, and by this definition where's [i]*ice's*[/i] second venue? Does ice even have a venue? The lore for boreal says it's a forest that has a summer season so does that mean ice has warm bountiful summers? Heck does shadow even have a venue? Dark ruins explored for treasure is way more Hewn City than anything shadow territory has. What's training fields doin', does nature have three venues? Earth? Most of the venues could be argued toward multiple flights, the only venues we know the location of is Volcanic Vents, Bamboo Falls (which is duo owned by Wind *and* Water) and Golem Workshop [quote=Volcanic Vents] Volcanic Vents is a level 18 coliseum venue. The fiery mountains of the Ashfall Waste continue to reshape themselves and push their borders. The newly formed Volcanic Vents presents a host of new challenges for your dragon clan to face![/quote] [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=87]x[/url] [quote=Bamboo] For instance, Bamboo Falls exists somewhere at the intersection of the Windswept Plateau and the Sea of a Thousand Currents. The Golem Workshop is likely the interior of a mesa in the Shifting Expanse.[/quote] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/1327998/24#post_10267140]x[/url] Every other venue is largely speculation based on art or item descriptions (noggles being found in sewers under the Hewn City, all that fun radioactive rock in Crystal). [b]So I feel it's a bit unfair to expect staff to hand over something they never seemed to promise us.[/b] I want a full on plague venue too, but by this logic shadow and ice and earth and wind seem to be in far more dire need of attention on that supposed front. [/quote] (Emphasis mine) They *did* promise it to us. It's not just player speculation. I've been here since 2014 and I, like many older players, remember the posts from staff saying that: 1. The mire is a Plague venue 2. Each flight is going to have at least one venue that leans towards their element 3. The plan is to give each flight (at least) two venues. In fact, @/Misplaced collected some of the posts from staff a few posts above mine. I honestly think a megathread should be posted with this info because this confusion keeps coming up.
@Lednik wrote on 2021-10-22 18:10:07:
Did staff ever say each flight got two venues? Because that doesn't.... sound right. I think that's more player speculation than anything. Most of the coli venues are vague and ambiguous, and by this definition where's *ice's* second venue? Does ice even have a venue? The lore for boreal says it's a forest that has a summer season so does that mean ice has warm bountiful summers? Heck does shadow even have a venue? Dark ruins explored for treasure is way more Hewn City than anything shadow territory has. What's training fields doin', does nature have three venues? Earth? Most of the venues could be argued toward multiple flights, the only venues we know the location of is Volcanic Vents, Bamboo Falls (which is duo owned by Wind *and* Water) and Golem Workshop
Volcanic Vents wrote:
Volcanic Vents is a level 18 coliseum venue. The fiery mountains of the Ashfall Waste continue to reshape themselves and push their borders. The newly formed Volcanic Vents presents a host of new challenges for your dragon clan to face!
x
Bamboo wrote:
For instance, Bamboo Falls exists somewhere at the intersection of the Windswept Plateau and the Sea of a Thousand Currents. The Golem Workshop is likely the interior of a mesa in the Shifting Expanse.
x

Every other venue is largely speculation based on art or item descriptions (noggles being found in sewers under the Hewn City, all that fun radioactive rock in Crystal). So I feel it's a bit unfair to expect staff to hand over something they never seemed to promise us. I want a full on plague venue too, but by this logic shadow and ice and earth and wind seem to be in far more dire need of attention on that supposed front.

(Emphasis mine)

They *did* promise it to us. It's not just player speculation. I've been here since 2014 and I, like many older players, remember the posts from staff saying that:

1. The mire is a Plague venue
2. Each flight is going to have at least one venue that leans towards their element
3. The plan is to give each flight (at least) two venues.

In fact, @/Misplaced collected some of the posts from staff a few posts above mine.

I honestly think a megathread should be posted with this info because this confusion keeps coming up.
MUYNhfy.png
VPnffeY.png
Achillean (NB Achillean flag)
rix3ppo.png
WKtl2lb.png
J7D1quC.png
l4bF82r.pngR9wtXaf.pngiZMfJug.pngwE8InSj.pngBjG9OOU.pnga6YPmbH.gif47CqiMq.gif
ASbXVY4.png
bYt72YT.png
tqGkHih.png
4SE4T9N.png
KrIo0N3.png