Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Is Mire plague enough?
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
[quote name="@lonelyspaceegg" date="2021-10-22 22:13:19"] (snip) Agree. IMO, [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/2302065/17#post_30004226]this[/url] post that was linked earlier in the thread shows that Staff don't see The Mire as [i]the[/i] Plague venue, just a Plague-leaning one. This makes me think that they're aware we'd like a more Plague-y venue, and I think the new background and new familiars are a great appetizer to that. [/quote] Regarding the [i]leaning[/i] language, in [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/1482729#post_1482729]this announcement[/url] Undel also said that the Kelp Beds are Water-[i]leaning[/i] rather than saying "a/the Water venue," implying that the phrase "elemental-leaning venue" can be interpreted in at least some instances to mean the same as "the (insert flight here) venue" or "(insert flight here) favored venue." Undel also said that staff would only double up on elemental venues when each flight has a favored venue, and since Arcane (Crystal Pools and Forbidden Portal), Lightning (Thunderhead Savanna and Golem Workshop), and Nature (Rainsong Jungle and Blooming Grove) seem to have two venues, it can be assumed that if staff stuck with their plan to give each flight their own venue, there is already an "official" Plague venue (the Mire, according to Undel) since they're doubling up on other flights now. I hope I'm making sense. It's 4:25 am here right now and I should really be getting some sleep lol. [quote=Undel][LIST] [*]Give many of our venues a stronger elemental leaning. [/LIST] This may involve some shuffling of existing monster elemental alignments. We do not want to double up on [b]venues' elemental leaning[/b] without first [b]ensuring that every element has a favored venue first[/b]. Example: Waterway will not [b]lean heavily water because Kelp Beds currently does so.[/b] When every element has a favored venue, we will begin looking into doubling up![/quote] (Emphasis mine)
@lonelyspaceegg wrote on 2021-10-22 22:13:19:

(snip)

Agree. IMO, this post that was linked earlier in the thread shows that Staff don't see The Mire as the Plague venue, just a Plague-leaning one. This makes me think that they're aware we'd like a more Plague-y venue, and I think the new background and new familiars are a great appetizer to that.

Regarding the leaning language, in this announcement Undel also said that the Kelp Beds are Water-leaning rather than saying "a/the Water venue," implying that the phrase "elemental-leaning venue" can be interpreted in at least some instances to mean the same as "the (insert flight here) venue" or "(insert flight here) favored venue." Undel also said that staff would only double up on elemental venues when each flight has a favored venue, and since Arcane (Crystal Pools and Forbidden Portal), Lightning (Thunderhead Savanna and Golem Workshop), and Nature (Rainsong Jungle and Blooming Grove) seem to have two venues, it can be assumed that if staff stuck with their plan to give each flight their own venue, there is already an "official" Plague venue (the Mire, according to Undel) since they're doubling up on other flights now.

I hope I'm making sense. It's 4:25 am here right now and I should really be getting some sleep lol.
Undel wrote:
  • Give many of our venues a stronger elemental leaning.
This may involve some shuffling of existing monster elemental alignments. We do not want to double up on venues' elemental leaning without first ensuring that every element has a favored venue first. Example: Waterway will not lean heavily water because Kelp Beds currently does so. When every element has a favored venue, we will begin looking into doubling up!

(Emphasis mine)
MUYNhfy.png
VPnffeY.png
Achillean (NB Achillean flag)
rix3ppo.png
WKtl2lb.png
J7D1quC.png
l4bF82r.pngR9wtXaf.pngiZMfJug.pngwE8InSj.pngBjG9OOU.pnga6YPmbH.gif47CqiMq.gif
ASbXVY4.png
bYt72YT.png
tqGkHih.png
4SE4T9N.png
KrIo0N3.png
t6zNkmJ.png
9JeQCtz.png
Not really personally...
It's okay with not meaty everywhere but I wished there were more blighted trees and bones.
But hey, it's way better than previous Mire! :D
I like the new mire, and new fams.
Not really personally...
It's okay with not meaty everywhere but I wished there were more blighted trees and bones.
But hey, it's way better than previous Mire! :D
I like the new mire, and new fams.
WHERE HER DREAMS END >
Unite we stand, divide we fall
| WD/WHDE | ~Plague~ | Any Pronounce | FRT+17(GMT+9) |

| ART SHOP | ACCENT SHOP | HATCHERY | feel free to ping!. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
8c05f7199b7e3138b1bd09794101984bae36928e.png
it definitely looks like the border between two flights but i'm still hoping for a venue that embraces plague aesthetic like the new map
it definitely looks like the border between two flights but i'm still hoping for a venue that embraces plague aesthetic like the new map
I am so monumentally dumb I hadn't realized until yesterday that the Mire was plague-themed. ._.
I am so monumentally dumb I hadn't realized until yesterday that the Mire was plague-themed. ._.
I made this signature just for the achievement.
I like it better than before for sure, but I wish they'd make it a bit clearer that it's a quarantine zone, like a sign or something. Other than that, the enemies now more than make up for it.
I like it better than before for sure, but I wish they'd make it a bit clearer that it's a quarantine zone, like a sign or something. Other than that, the enemies now more than make up for it.
QYzhmAi.png
[quote name="@Geekachu" date="2021-10-23 08:11:28" ] I am so monumentally dumb I hadn't realized until yesterday that the Mire was plague-themed. ._. [/quote] nah don't worry it still happens a lot, your good I mean the mire is still mainly trees and the plague elements are very subtle, tho it was so much worse with the old art. i've been on this site 3 years and only learned about it this year
@Geekachu wrote on 2021-10-23 08:11:28:
nah don't worry it still happens a lot, your good
I mean the mire is still mainly trees and the plague elements are very subtle, tho it was so much worse with the old art.
i've been on this site 3 years and only learned about it this year
neutralh5.png
@JestingGremlin
Lol at least I'm not the only one. :') It looks kinda nature-ish.
@JestingGremlin
Lol at least I'm not the only one. :') It looks kinda nature-ish.
I made this signature just for the achievement.
It's cool but it's still not a plague venue.
It's cool but it's still not a plague venue.
cp13w5x.png2vuMJuM.png
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12