Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Should we slow down?
1 2 3 4 5 6
[quote name="@MidnightLady05" date="2021-06-08 11:47:20" ] [quote name="Aequorin" date="2021-06-08 10:39:21" ] [quote name="IllusiveFox" date="2021-06-08 10:36:16" ] [quote name="Akiri" date="2021-06-08 10:29:41" ] Items can still be contributed after the milestone has been met. We will be controlling when the milestone closes so that more than a handful of time zones get to participate. We did not want anyone to be blocked from participating. [/quote] Can you give us a time, or day, when you’ll end the event? I’m all for allowing everyone to participate but I’d love to know when we’re close to finishing! [/quote] It will be very clear when we're closing in on the end of the event. :) [/quote] A little confused now with what you are saying here and what is in the main post. The main post says [quote] [size=4][b]Event Pacing[/b][/size] While the act of collecting and turning in items in a milestone will update dynamically, and [b]milestones will conclude on their own[/b], the act of kicking off new milestones is a [b]manual process[/b] that the development team of [i]Flight Rising[/i] will be controlling. [/quote] highlighting that milestones conclude on their own. It also sounded like when its the rest phase you can't contribute and need to wait till next milestone starts which is done manually by staff. Does that mean that there will be a time between when a milestone ends automatically and the rest period begins that players can still contribute or is there something else? That mean the main post is wrong and a milestone won't automatically close and staff will do that instead? Just a bit confuse. [/quote] End of the [b]event,[/b] not individual milestone. [emoji=new friend size=1] [b]Players turning in items to Velya determine when the [i]milestone[/i] is met.[/b] The easiest way to ensure you get milestone and overall event credit is to turn in whatever event items you collect when you collect them or before you log off for the day.
@MidnightLady05 wrote on 2021-06-08 11:47:20:
Aequorin wrote on 2021-06-08 10:39:21:
IllusiveFox wrote on 2021-06-08 10:36:16:
Akiri wrote on 2021-06-08 10:29:41:
Items can still be contributed after the milestone has been met. We will be controlling when the milestone closes so that more than a handful of time zones get to participate. We did not want anyone to be blocked from participating.

Can you give us a time, or day, when you’ll end the event? I’m all for allowing everyone to participate but I’d love to know when we’re close to finishing!

It will be very clear when we're closing in on the end of the event. :)

A little confused now with what you are saying here and what is in the main post. The main post says
Quote:
Event Pacing

While the act of collecting and turning in items in a milestone will update dynamically, and milestones will conclude on their own, the act of kicking off new milestones is a manual process that the development team of Flight Rising will be controlling.
highlighting that milestones conclude on their own. It also sounded like when its the rest phase you can't contribute and need to wait till next milestone starts which is done manually by staff. Does that mean that there will be a time between when a milestone ends automatically and the rest period begins that players can still contribute or is there something else? That mean the main post is wrong and a milestone won't automatically close and staff will do that instead? Just a bit confuse.

End of the event, not individual milestone.

Players turning in items to Velya determine when the milestone is met. The easiest way to ensure you get milestone and overall event credit is to turn in whatever event items you collect when you collect them or before you log off for the day.
[quote name="Aequorin" date="2021-06-08 13:08:20" ] [quote name="@MidnightLady05" date="2021-06-08 11:47:20" ] [quote name="Aequorin" date="2021-06-08 10:39:21" ] [quote name="IllusiveFox" date="2021-06-08 10:36:16" ] [quote name="Akiri" date="2021-06-08 10:29:41" ] Items can still be contributed after the milestone has been met. We will be controlling when the milestone closes so that more than a handful of time zones get to participate. We did not want anyone to be blocked from participating. [/quote] Can you give us a time, or day, when you’ll end the event? I’m all for allowing everyone to participate but I’d love to know when we’re close to finishing! [/quote] It will be very clear when we're closing in on the end of the event. :) [/quote] A little confused now with what you are saying here and what is in the main post. The main post says [quote] [size=4][b]Event Pacing[/b][/size] While the act of collecting and turning in items in a milestone will update dynamically, and [b]milestones will conclude on their own[/b], the act of kicking off new milestones is a [b]manual process[/b] that the development team of [i]Flight Rising[/i] will be controlling. [/quote] highlighting that milestones conclude on their own. It also sounded like when its the rest phase you can't contribute and need to wait till next milestone starts which is done manually by staff. Does that mean that there will be a time between when a milestone ends automatically and the rest period begins that players can still contribute or is there something else? That mean the main post is wrong and a milestone won't automatically close and staff will do that instead? Just a bit confuse. [/quote] End of the [b]event,[/b] not individual milestone. [emoji=new friend size=1] [b]Players turning in items to Velya determine when the [i]milestone[/i] is met.[/b] The easiest way to ensure you get milestone and overall event credit is to turn in whatever event items you collect when you collect them or before you log off for the day. [/quote] Sorry still confused so maybe a small example timeline and say if correct or not. playerbase reaches end of first phase by 11:00 pm tonight fr time. The milestone phase ends automatically going into cooldown time (pause on contributions). Those that participated in milestone phase gets that phase's reward. Tomorrow (say 8:00 am fr time) staff manually starts up next milestone phase. This continues through next few days reaching end of final milestone/phase at 9:00 pm fr time. Phase does not automatically shut down this time though and transitions to when staff manually start end celebration. Once staff manually ends final contributions final phase reward and the big event final reward (for anyone that participated in atleast one milestone gets) are then handed out. Is this how things will look or am I still misunderstanding?
Aequorin wrote on 2021-06-08 13:08:20:
@MidnightLady05 wrote on 2021-06-08 11:47:20:
Aequorin wrote on 2021-06-08 10:39:21:
IllusiveFox wrote on 2021-06-08 10:36:16:
Akiri wrote on 2021-06-08 10:29:41:
Items can still be contributed after the milestone has been met. We will be controlling when the milestone closes so that more than a handful of time zones get to participate. We did not want anyone to be blocked from participating.

Can you give us a time, or day, when you’ll end the event? I’m all for allowing everyone to participate but I’d love to know when we’re close to finishing!

It will be very clear when we're closing in on the end of the event. :)

A little confused now with what you are saying here and what is in the main post. The main post says
Quote:
Event Pacing

While the act of collecting and turning in items in a milestone will update dynamically, and milestones will conclude on their own, the act of kicking off new milestones is a manual process that the development team of Flight Rising will be controlling.
highlighting that milestones conclude on their own. It also sounded like when its the rest phase you can't contribute and need to wait till next milestone starts which is done manually by staff. Does that mean that there will be a time between when a milestone ends automatically and the rest period begins that players can still contribute or is there something else? That mean the main post is wrong and a milestone won't automatically close and staff will do that instead? Just a bit confuse.

End of the event, not individual milestone.

Players turning in items to Velya determine when the milestone is met. The easiest way to ensure you get milestone and overall event credit is to turn in whatever event items you collect when you collect them or before you log off for the day.

Sorry still confused so maybe a small example timeline and say if correct or not.

playerbase reaches end of first phase by 11:00 pm tonight fr time. The milestone phase ends automatically going into cooldown time (pause on contributions). Those that participated in milestone phase gets that phase's reward.

Tomorrow (say 8:00 am fr time) staff manually starts up next milestone phase.

This continues through next few days reaching end of final milestone/phase at 9:00 pm fr time. Phase does not automatically shut down this time though and transitions to when staff manually start end celebration. Once staff manually ends final contributions final phase reward and the big event final reward (for anyone that participated in atleast one milestone gets) are then handed out.

Is this how things will look or am I still misunderstanding?
4Zlz1vc.pngrsz-lorwolf-button.png
@MidnightLady05, even if the milestone threshold is met (bar completely filled), until a team member activates the next milestone, players can still turn in items and get participation credit for the current milestone.
@MidnightLady05, even if the milestone threshold is met (bar completely filled), until a team member activates the next milestone, players can still turn in items and get participation credit for the current milestone.
thank you for the clarification! this is really reassuring to hear :)
thank you for the clarification! this is really reassuring to hear :)
H0mc65a.png
august
ENG / CN
skin shop

       
I think players should be given a chance to get rewards from milestones they might have missed.

Velya: "Hey looks like you missed the huge progress we made, but no worries, I will give you a brief for [ this amount ] of items."
I think players should be given a chance to get rewards from milestones they might have missed.

Velya: "Hey looks like you missed the huge progress we made, but no worries, I will give you a brief for [ this amount ] of items."
c1xnUU3.png
JrZGMGx.pngwCOCqt3.pngbYt72YT.pngFObX7rS.pngWQA384m.pngdEo6ta2.png
[quote name="Aequorin" date="2021-06-08 13:29:27" ] @/MidnightLady05, even if the milestone threshold is met (bar completely filled), until a team member activates the next milestone, players can still turn in items and get participation credit for the current milestone. [/quote] Ah, so they just no longer contribute to the community goals, but still can meet the personal one. That makes sense
Aequorin wrote on 2021-06-08 13:29:27:
@/MidnightLady05, even if the milestone threshold is met (bar completely filled), until a team member activates the next milestone, players can still turn in items and get participation credit for the current milestone.
Ah, so they just no longer contribute to the community goals, but still can meet the personal one. That makes sense
VGxuHXT.png
[quote name="Kahvinporo" date="2021-06-08 13:32:25" ] I think players should be given a chance to get rewards from the other milestones as well in case they missed it. Velya: "Hey looks like you missed the huge progress we made, but no worries, I will give you a brief for [ this amount ] of items." [/quote] They need [i]one[/i] item to get a reward, and they can get it a dozen different ways, half of which take less than two minutes. If someone makes the choice not to look at FR for a full day during a known anniversary time, that's on them; if something happens to prevent them from it, that's life.
Kahvinporo wrote on 2021-06-08 13:32:25:
I think players should be given a chance to get rewards from the other milestones as well in case they missed it.

They need one item to get a reward, and they can get it a dozen different ways, half of which take less than two minutes. If someone makes the choice not to look at FR for a full day during a known anniversary time, that's on them; if something happens to prevent them from it, that's life.
J7D1quC.png
CfG2LT1.png
XP7djFk.png
WKtl2lb.png
ll0CfnD.png
YMPbu9R.png
[quote name="Aequorin" date="2021-06-08 13:29:27" ] @/MidnightLady05, even if the milestone threshold is met (bar completely filled), until a team member activates the next milestone, players can still turn in items and get participation credit for the current milestone. [/quote] Wait, how does that interact with this: [quote]Once the requisite number of items have been turned in for the active milestone, it will be considered complete, and the dig team will take a much needed rest to prepare for the next phase. At that time, players who participated in the milestone will be able to collect rewards for helping. [i](NOTE: You can identify when [b]the event is accepting items[/b] by checking website's main page banner, which will indicate whether the dig is in an active state (green flag) or a rest state (orange flag with ZZZ).)[/i] [/quote](bold mine) That says once the threshold is met, they won't be accepting items.
Aequorin wrote on 2021-06-08 13:29:27:
@/MidnightLady05, even if the milestone threshold is met (bar completely filled), until a team member activates the next milestone, players can still turn in items and get participation credit for the current milestone.

Wait, how does that interact with this:
Quote:
Once the requisite number of items have been turned in for the active milestone, it will be considered complete, and the dig team will take a much needed rest to prepare for the next phase. At that time, players who participated in the milestone will be able to collect rewards for helping.

(NOTE: You can identify when the event is accepting items by checking website's main page banner, which will indicate whether the dig is in an active state (green flag) or a rest state (orange flag with ZZZ).)
(bold mine)

That says once the threshold is met, they won't be accepting items.
Oooh, I fully get it now. Basically, if we fill the bar tonight, there'll be only be a few days or however long staff allows it to continue until it's level 2, but if we start slacking on level 2, that'll take longer to advance.
Oooh, I fully get it now. Basically, if we fill the bar tonight, there'll be only be a few days or however long staff allows it to continue until it's level 2, but if we start slacking on level 2, that'll take longer to advance.
QYzhmAi.png
@Aequorin ok I think I catch where my confusion is coming from. Per this part of the announcement it sounds as if there is a hold off phase once each part is reached the active milestone will end and go into rest phase and player can no longer contribute till next part starts up.
Quote:
Once the requisite number of items have been turned in for the active milestone, it will be considered complete, and the dig team will take a much needed rest to prepare for the next phase. At that time, players who participated in the milestone will be able to collect rewards for helping.

Your saying that this won't be the case, even if we hit the full bar and milestone concludes players can still contribute until the next part starts. The beginning of the next milestone would than have a small rest phase, then transition back to open for active contribution.
@Aequorin ok I think I catch where my confusion is coming from. Per this part of the announcement it sounds as if there is a hold off phase once each part is reached the active milestone will end and go into rest phase and player can no longer contribute till next part starts up.
Quote:

Your saying that this won't be the case, even if we hit the full bar and milestone concludes players can still contribute until the next part starts. The beginning of the next milestone would than have a small rest phase, then transition back to open for active contribution.
4Zlz1vc.pngrsz-lorwolf-button.png
1 2 3 4 5 6