Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Should we slow down?
1 2 3 4 5 6
(opening the coli for the first time in months) sorry what was that? slow down?

...In all seriousness, we'll probably go quickly, but I think that folks that aren't awake right know will still have a good amount of time to contribute! Hopefully, behind the code, staff can change how large those milestone requirements are if we're pressing on the gas pedal too fast
(opening the coli for the first time in months) sorry what was that? slow down?

...In all seriousness, we'll probably go quickly, but I think that folks that aren't awake right know will still have a good amount of time to contribute! Hopefully, behind the code, staff can change how large those milestone requirements are if we're pressing on the gas pedal too fast

Lisa - 24 - She/her
FR +3 aka EST
tumblr_oixhzdxwmg1u3wsjco8_r1_250.png
NO. SPEEDRUN THE ENTIRE TUNNEL
AND GET BACK TO WORK
NO. SPEEDRUN THE ENTIRE TUNNEL
AND GET BACK TO WORK
AND-GOD-SAID.png
I think we'll probably get 24 hours per milestone?
I think we'll probably get 24 hours per milestone?
Heart.gif
[quote name="Broadwaypaisano" date="2021-06-08 10:04:20" ] Hopefully, behind the code, staff can change how large those milestone requirements are if we're pressing on the gas pedal too fast [/quote] I'm hoping this might be the reason they don't have the number of items donated/to go for the whole site listed! Hopefully they won't need to do that too much, but it feels like "the userbase gets WAY TOO EAGER" would be an eventuality they'd think to prepare for.
Broadwaypaisano wrote on 2021-06-08 10:04:20:
Hopefully, behind the code, staff can change how large those milestone requirements are if we're pressing on the gas pedal too fast

I'm hoping this might be the reason they don't have the number of items donated/to go for the whole site listed! Hopefully they won't need to do that too much, but it feels like "the userbase gets WAY TOO EAGER" would be an eventuality they'd think to prepare for.
tumblr_inline_nbe8duyTA81qg78ij.png84.png
I hope the devs can have some control to when each milestone ends … I don’t want anyone to miss out, but I really want to do a lot of grinding! ;-;
I hope the devs can have some control to when each milestone ends … I don’t want anyone to miss out, but I really want to do a lot of grinding! ;-;
[quote name="mothscale" date="2021-06-08 09:53:25" ] I mean, there's no harm in only turning in one or two items and then waiting, you'll still get the reward. That's what I'm doing— I'm still gathering items just by existing on the site, but I'm not turning them in quite yet, until we see how fast each milestone goes. I'd rather more people be able to participate, though from the phrasing it sounds like the individual milestone rewards won't be unique the same way as the event participation reward will be. [/quote] This is one reason why I am so glad this isn't a competition type event. Those usually end VERY fast because people are going to want to get as many points as possible. Something like this encourages players to go slower so more peope can participate. I also agree that hopefully, since we don't have definite end goals, if we start reaching those goals faster than the admins feel we should they can extend each milestone so more people can participate.
mothscale wrote on 2021-06-08 09:53:25:
I mean, there's no harm in only turning in one or two items and then waiting, you'll still get the reward. That's what I'm doing— I'm still gathering items just by existing on the site, but I'm not turning them in quite yet, until we see how fast each milestone goes. I'd rather more people be able to participate, though from the phrasing it sounds like the individual milestone rewards won't be unique the same way as the event participation reward will be.
This is one reason why I am so glad this isn't a competition type event. Those usually end VERY fast because people are going to want to get as many points as possible.

Something like this encourages players to go slower so more peope can participate.

I also agree that hopefully, since we don't have definite end goals, if we start reaching those goals faster than the admins feel we should they can extend each milestone so more people can participate.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
[quote name="MoonlitCacti" date="2021-06-08 10:12:05" ] I hope the devs can have some control to when each milestone ends … I don’t want anyone to miss out, but I really want to do a lot of grinding! ;-; [/quote] One nice thing is you can do a lot of grinding, but don't have to turn the items in immediately :)
MoonlitCacti wrote on 2021-06-08 10:12:05:
One nice thing is you can do a lot of grinding, but don't have to turn the items in immediately :)

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
When you put it that way, I do hope that they manually end it. Even if it’s full, it would be nice to give people an opportunity to turn in an item for the milestone reward.
When you put it that way, I do hope that they manually end it. Even if it’s full, it would be nice to give people an opportunity to turn in an item for the milestone reward.
91423843p.png Avatar
Dragon
7691.png Selling G1s! 196.png Trading Notes for Notes!
Closed
I plan on contributing 1 of each item, and then waiting a day before donating anymore. As much as my monkey brain loves the rush of "make number go up" I would be loath to deny that to other players who cant check back so often.

I plan on contributing 1 of each item, and then waiting a day before donating anymore. As much as my monkey brain loves the rush of "make number go up" I would be loath to deny that to other players who cant check back so often.

FL_QUD_THEMED_FORUM_SIG_1.png
I've also been tossing some extras of mine to other people, since I finally found them in my hoard (second tab) and I have a few to spare while still having enough for the other milestones. I figure that's good community spirit— it still gets done, but more people get to participate. Unfortunately, I'm not gonna be on the forums much longer, so I'm just gonna leave that there as an option for people if they hadn't thought of it. Good luck, everyone! [emoji=firework size=1]
I've also been tossing some extras of mine to other people, since I finally found them in my hoard (second tab) and I have a few to spare while still having enough for the other milestones. I figure that's good community spirit— it still gets done, but more people get to participate. Unfortunately, I'm not gonna be on the forums much longer, so I'm just gonna leave that there as an option for people if they hadn't thought of it. Good luck, everyone!
1 2 3 4 5 6