Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | BAD delays (Pls help)
1 2 ... 62 63 64 65 66 ... 123 124
Connection type: Wifi
Network: Home
No antivirus
Device type: Laptop
Browser: Firefox
Operating system: Windows
Everything up to date

I've had the loading issues for several days, especially regarding loading the lair/den (in edit and view modes), gathering, nesting grounds, and auction house. Rarely do I get the "loading" icon to go away even if the page seems to be loaded, and sometimes it doesn't load at all. Forums, trading post, and homepage load well.

EDIT: Earlier today, trying to load the "Dragons" section of the Auction House resulted in 502 Bad Gateway Errors and then it just wouldn't let me load a single page.
No antivirus
Operating system: Windows
Everything up to date

I've had the loading issues for several days, especially regarding loading the lair/den (in edit and view modes), gathering, nesting grounds, and auction house. Rarely do I get the "loading" icon to go away even if the page seems to be loaded, and sometimes it doesn't load at all. Forums, trading post, and homepage load well.

EDIT: Earlier today, trying to load the "Dragons" section of the Auction House resulted in 502 Bad Gateway Errors and then it just wouldn't let me load a single page.
Crownworthy_FR_SaltyGhost.png fE0vSYy.png
AQPJNOh.png
JvUa9ma.png
JuaytuP.png
[emoji=nocturne sad size=1] I thought it was my connection again, except then when I tested [i]nothing else[/i] is being sluggish. Flight Rising has been a whole bucketful of sluggish for me ever since Site-Saturday Night, when I started noticing horrible slowdown loading [s]just about[/s] (nope, it is) everything onsite, from games to forums to auction house preview images to Crim to... right, everything. It has been intermittent but very frequent, and pretty bad, ever since then. I have dutifully done the Usual Suspects routine, it did not improve a thing. Could someone maintenance-side please give the site a shot of virtual WD-40 or something?[emoji=familiar heart size=1][emoji=nocturne confused size=1] I sincerely doubt this is a user-end issue - I am not using the same browser as some people, or the same security software, or connection type, or OS or device type, as various others just in the few pages of the thread I got to load, and yet we all have the same problem.
I thought it was my connection again, except then when I tested nothing else is being sluggish. Flight Rising has been a whole bucketful of sluggish for me ever since Site-Saturday Night, when I started noticing horrible slowdown loading just about (nope, it is) everything onsite, from games to forums to auction house preview images to Crim to... right, everything. It has been intermittent but very frequent, and pretty bad, ever since then.

I have dutifully done the Usual Suspects routine, it did not improve a thing. Could someone maintenance-side please give the site a shot of virtual WD-40 or something?

I sincerely doubt this is a user-end issue - I am not using the same browser as some people, or the same security software, or connection type, or OS or device type, as various others just in the few pages of the thread I got to load, and yet we all have the same problem.
Antivirus: Avast
Operating system: Windows 10

Everything's up to date

There's lots of loading delays navigating across site over the past few days with increasing severity. The worst case is that it fails to connect entirely and the browser shows a "failed to connect to website" screen. Today in particular it's been becoming increasingly more delayed than had been prior when the intermittent delays began occurring for most people.
Antivirus: Avast
Operating system: Windows 10

Everything's up to date

There's lots of loading delays navigating across site over the past few days with increasing severity. The worst case is that it fails to connect entirely and the browser shows a "failed to connect to website" screen. Today in particular it's been becoming increasingly more delayed than had been prior when the intermittent delays began occurring for most people.
Just in case it helps problem shooting, I got this message in the bottom left of chrome when it was hanging for a long time:

Waiting for response from bam-cell.net (then probably slash something something something)

(sorry it took me 15min to find a pencil that worked by which time the url had vanished)
Just in case it helps problem shooting, I got this message in the bottom left of chrome when it was hanging for a long time:

Waiting for response from bam-cell.net (then probably slash something something something)

(sorry it took me 15min to find a pencil that worked by which time the url had vanished)
qDkA25S.png

qDkA25S.png

aaaand when I try to post this, (although its been working fine the last 5 min since I logged on it won't post... says: Establishing secure connection...

aaaand when I try to post this, (although its been working fine the last 5 min since I logged on it won't post... says: Establishing secure connection...
qDkA25S.png
sweet. i hope your host can help out ;w;
sweet. i hope your host can help out ;w;
I have been having rough loading times the past few days, but today has been the worst, I cannot get the coli to load at all, or when it does load the page is blank.
I have been having rough loading times the past few days, but today has been the worst, I cannot get the coli to load at all, or when it does load the page is blank.
Just popping in again to say that I'm not sure about others' experience (as I haven't read everything), but I've had a much worse time today than the last couple days. Pages taking so long to load (or refresh, when needed) that it would lead to the browser's timeout error when before things were slow but workable. Sometimes I'd also have issues where the delay would end up in a button or item being clicked that I didn't click on. I tried Coli-ing earlier today when bored and since it was at one of the better times, I could Coli alright, but none of the images would load for items; the data was there as if I hovered my mouse over the spot the preview would pop up, and I could see the "2" next to items I got double drops of, but the images wouldn't load at all, completely blank even after sitting there a moment. I've also had major issues with scries and dragon pages. Not that the image takes forever to load, but certain combos of genes on certain dragons would just straight up WON'T load or seem to not exist (e.g. it didn't load slowly, it just acted like there was no image there at all to even try), and I wonder if this could be a combo of genes and dragon ID as I also noticed a couple dragons in people's lairs that were "gone." (As in, not the invisibility cloak, but there's no image for them, no "image unavailable" icon, and even mousing over where it should be you can't even get the clickable box to get to them, and when other dragons on the same page are fine.) Thank you to staff for working hard to fix it and not keeping us in the dark! Even if there's no clue for a fix, hearing from y'all with what you know is reassuring and makes everything more bearable. [b]Edit:[/b] I was able to reproduce the ghost dragon bug with one of my own when checking on something in my Hibden fodder. This wasn't the one from before (I don't remember whose lair it was then), but yeah, not clickable at all so it's like that dragon is inaccessible unless I click one near it and tab over. Not sure if anyone else sees the same thing or if it's just on my end. Also, it looks like refreshing didn't fix it but closing it and getting there from another link/tab entirely fixed it? [img]https://i.imgur.com/Uk7HO13.png[/img]
Just popping in again to say that I'm not sure about others' experience (as I haven't read everything), but I've had a much worse time today than the last couple days. Pages taking so long to load (or refresh, when needed) that it would lead to the browser's timeout error when before things were slow but workable. Sometimes I'd also have issues where the delay would end up in a button or item being clicked that I didn't click on. I tried Coli-ing earlier today when bored and since it was at one of the better times, I could Coli alright, but none of the images would load for items; the data was there as if I hovered my mouse over the spot the preview would pop up, and I could see the "2" next to items I got double drops of, but the images wouldn't load at all, completely blank even after sitting there a moment.

I've also had major issues with scries and dragon pages. Not that the image takes forever to load, but certain combos of genes on certain dragons would just straight up WON'T load or seem to not exist (e.g. it didn't load slowly, it just acted like there was no image there at all to even try), and I wonder if this could be a combo of genes and dragon ID as I also noticed a couple dragons in people's lairs that were "gone." (As in, not the invisibility cloak, but there's no image for them, no "image unavailable" icon, and even mousing over where it should be you can't even get the clickable box to get to them, and when other dragons on the same page are fine.)

Thank you to staff for working hard to fix it and not keeping us in the dark! Even if there's no clue for a fix, hearing from y'all with what you know is reassuring and makes everything more bearable.

Edit: I was able to reproduce the ghost dragon bug with one of my own when checking on something in my Hibden fodder. This wasn't the one from before (I don't remember whose lair it was then), but yeah, not clickable at all so it's like that dragon is inaccessible unless I click one near it and tab over. Not sure if anyone else sees the same thing or if it's just on my end. Also, it looks like refreshing didn't fix it but closing it and getting there from another link/tab entirely fixed it?

Uk7HO13.png
aaa aC86tUH.png
q3Me7tJ.png
jA5A7gu.png
cdqdRxL.png
oczO35g.png
aaaaaaaaaaa
g69Uo46.png
a
aaaaaaaa J7D1quC.png
5hF3FGk.png
BzjAkuF.png
joJNm4P.png
Alright, You've obviously got tons of responses, and I've been holding off, but I do have something slightly different that I think is worth reporting, so I'll leave it here.

So I have been having the loading issues that people are describing for a couple of days, where it sometimes hangs, or doesn't load as fast as it seems to (ie. clicking on something, and finding that it thought I clicked on something else nearby- probably because it wasn't done loading? - thought it was me being an idiot at first. lol)
The different part that drove me to post: In the several days leading up to what everyone is describing, I was having issues with the site causing Chrome to ramp up to 100% CPU usage, usually when bonding with familiars and loading pages repeatedly as I worked my way through. Then I would ctrl-alt-delete to see what was going on, and it would ramp down. And then it would ramp up again after I went through a few more familiars. Notably, this STOPPED happening, at I believe the same time everything started just flat not loading instead. Honestly, if not for it being in my lap, and the fan revving up I may never have noticed that issue. (If I had been on my phone or my desktop for example.)

Connection type: Wi-Fi
Anti-virus/malware software used: None (though I have had windows and chrome scan my computer)
Browser: Chrome
Operating system: Win 10 Pro
Everything is up to date?: Yes, as far as I know. I specifically checked Chrome.

I cleared my cookies (But I guess not the cache, oops) after seeing the update earlier that you'd tried something with the server on your end a few hours ago. But the problems persisted.

Thanks for all your work, and best of luck! <3
Alright, You've obviously got tons of responses, and I've been holding off, but I do have something slightly different that I think is worth reporting, so I'll leave it here.

So I have been having the loading issues that people are describing for a couple of days, where it sometimes hangs, or doesn't load as fast as it seems to (ie. clicking on something, and finding that it thought I clicked on something else nearby- probably because it wasn't done loading? - thought it was me being an idiot at first. lol)
The different part that drove me to post: In the several days leading up to what everyone is describing, I was having issues with the site causing Chrome to ramp up to 100% CPU usage, usually when bonding with familiars and loading pages repeatedly as I worked my way through. Then I would ctrl-alt-delete to see what was going on, and it would ramp down. And then it would ramp up again after I went through a few more familiars. Notably, this STOPPED happening, at I believe the same time everything started just flat not loading instead. Honestly, if not for it being in my lap, and the fan revving up I may never have noticed that issue. (If I had been on my phone or my desktop for example.)

Connection type: Wi-Fi
Anti-virus/malware software used: None (though I have had windows and chrome scan my computer)
Browser: Chrome
Operating system: Win 10 Pro
Everything is up to date?: Yes, as far as I know. I specifically checked Chrome.

I cleared my cookies (But I guess not the cache, oops) after seeing the update earlier that you'd tried something with the server on your end a few hours ago. But the problems persisted.

Thanks for all your work, and best of luck! <3
1 2 ... 62 63 64 65 66 ... 123 124