Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [BSJ] Design Your Own Light Dragon!
1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 71 72
[b]Challenge 1[/b] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=105&bodygene=23&breed=4&element=8&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=75&tertgene=21&winggene=21&wings=110&auth=14291929afe471a91b0c001492645acb7223d5bc&dummyext=prev.png[/img] I decided to keep her a Pearlcatcher as it is a Light breed, which makes her even more of a light dragon. Python's accent colours and the fact its a little darker reminds me of the trees in the Sunbeam Ruins, I can imagine her flying through the forests and blending in quite well!! Striation reminds me of sunbeams filtering through trees, something I assume is very common in the forests of the Sunbeam Ruins. Plus, sunbeams are very beautiful IRL!! Filigree could be the treasures she found while excavating some of the ruins. She might have chosen to adorn herself with them to remember her first successful dig?
Challenge 1

dragon?age=1&body=105&bodygene=23&breed=4&element=8&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=75&tertgene=21&winggene=21&wings=110&auth=14291929afe471a91b0c001492645acb7223d5bc&dummyext=prev.png

I decided to keep her a Pearlcatcher as it is a Light breed, which makes her even more of a light dragon.

Python's accent colours and the fact its a little darker reminds me of the trees in the Sunbeam Ruins, I can imagine her flying through the forests and blending in quite well!!

Striation reminds me of sunbeams filtering through trees, something I assume is very common in the forests of the Sunbeam Ruins. Plus, sunbeams are very beautiful IRL!!

Filigree could be the treasures she found while excavating some of the ruins. She might have chosen to adorn herself with them to remember her first successful dig?
lightning.gif x
eGiN2Xv.png --
WuLeD0x.png
x
» Autumn
» they/he/she
» FR+8
[columns][morphology=815719][nextcol]When I scry, I usually find those with similar-but-different colours hard to do. Especially this gal, because the accents of all the colours (Sandollar has Sky, Peach has either a greenish-blue (doesn't fit here) or red, and Marigold has either a bright blue that does not go at [i]all[/i] or Storm) don't mesh together well at all. In the end, I went for a sunset aesthetic because that seemed to fit the most. Peach Tapir was perfect for said aesthetic, so I went with it. Normally, Sanddollar looks A) greenish, B) too light, or C) both. In this case, it's definitely C, so I opted for a Stained to blend the colours more. The reason why I changed her to a Skydancer was because Shimmer blended better on her that any of the other breeds I tested. As for why not an ancient breed, the Gaoler's mane was green regardless of whatever gene I put, and the Banescale just didn't fit.[/columns] [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=105&bodygene=21&breed=13&element=8&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=75&tertgene=12&winggene=1&wings=110&auth=e4978f0c8e1ed33be19aa3146fc16334b74c09fd&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Peach Tapir/Sanddollar Shimmer/Marigold Stained
BSJ2020Day1Scry1
When I scry, I usually find those with similar-but-different colours hard to do. Especially this gal, because the accents of all the colours (Sandollar has Sky, Peach has either a greenish-blue (doesn't fit here) or red, and Marigold has either a bright blue that does not go at all or Storm) don't mesh together well at all. In the end, I went for a sunset aesthetic because that seemed to fit the most. Peach Tapir was perfect for said aesthetic, so I went with it. Normally, Sanddollar looks A) greenish, B) too light, or C) both. In this case, it's definitely C, so I opted for a Stained to blend the colours more. The reason why I changed her to a Skydancer was because Shimmer blended better on her that any of the other breeds I tested. As for why not an ancient breed, the Gaoler's mane was green regardless of whatever gene I put, and the Banescale just didn't fit.
dragon?age=1&body=105&bodygene=21&breed=13&element=8&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=75&tertgene=12&winggene=1&wings=110&auth=e4978f0c8e1ed33be19aa3146fc16334b74c09fd&dummyext=prev.png
Peach Tapir/Sanddollar Shimmer/Marigold Stained
mire hates me:(
FR +15, +16 during DST
She/Her
Gray Aroace
INTP
English 1st Language
Mandarin Chinese 2nd Language
French 3rd Language
AR60, 100% all released regions
It's... quite a disproportionate number
zia my beloved
I spent 2.4mil t on her, I think she counts
it hasn't been updated in a while but STILL
sweet holds the clan directory
kobi holds the lore directory
tumblr_p27o7vllRE1wvvm88o2_100.png
[columns][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=105&bodygene=1&breed=7&element=8&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=75&tertgene=54&winggene=16&wings=110&auth=78b00de9a7441736896505ad7c76f464bb9b7898&dummyext=prev.png[/img][nextcol][b] Primary: [/b]Peach Iridescent [i]The iridescent reminds me of the colors of light rays shining through a prism, creating colors from red to purple. As there aren't really blue to purple colors here, I used Spinner for her secondary gene for bluish to purplish colors, finishing the refraction of lights rays.[/i] [b]Secondary: [/b]Sanddollar Spinner [i]As mentioned above, spinner has a bit of blue in it to represent the rest of the colors seen after the refraction of light rays through a prism. If I chose a gene with stronger bluish to purplish colors, it would contrast completely with the yellow which was not the idea of my scry to make this dragon a rep of light rather than a dragon of contrasting colors when the colors of the dragon originally complement each other.[/i] [b]Tertiary: [/b]Marigold Glowtail [i]It's glow represents light. As the tail also does a little loop on top of her head, it's also like a halo.[/i] [/columns]
dragon?age=1&body=105&bodygene=1&breed=7&element=8&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=75&tertgene=54&winggene=16&wings=110&auth=78b00de9a7441736896505ad7c76f464bb9b7898&dummyext=prev.png Primary: Peach Iridescent
The iridescent reminds me of the colors of light rays shining through a prism, creating colors from red to purple. As there aren't really blue to purple colors here, I used Spinner for her secondary gene for bluish to purplish colors, finishing the refraction of lights rays.
Secondary: Sanddollar Spinner
As mentioned above, spinner has a bit of blue in it to represent the rest of the colors seen after the refraction of light rays through a prism. If I chose a gene with stronger bluish to purplish colors, it would contrast completely with the yellow which was not the idea of my scry to make this dragon a rep of light rather than a dragon of contrasting colors when the colors of the dragon originally complement each other.
Tertiary: Marigold Glowtail
It's glow represents light. As the tail also does a little loop on top of her head, it's also like a halo.
She looks lovely as a Wildclaw, with Crystal/Shimmer/Filigree genes. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=105&bodygene=7&breed=10&element=8&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=75&tertgene=21&winggene=1&wings=110&auth=2c9a2c36638c8171c3cff2e5843117923ed06718&dummyext=prev.png[/img]
She looks lovely as a Wildclaw, with Crystal/Shimmer/Filigree genes.

dragon?age=1&body=105&bodygene=7&breed=10&element=8&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=75&tertgene=21&winggene=1&wings=110&auth=2c9a2c36638c8171c3cff2e5843117923ed06718&dummyext=prev.png
Light-and-Shadow-Bonsai.png
[columns][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=105&bodygene=9&breed=13&element=8&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=75&tertgene=14&winggene=25&wings=110&auth=5b7ab226e43cf73066350d5324f30a72e9a859d5&dummyext=prev.png[/img][nextcol][b]Piebald/Constellation/Runes[/b] [/columns] I wanted to keep this girl fitting to light flight, but more to my own taste with scrying. I was tempted to leave her as pearlcatcher since it’s a light breed, but I felt the skydancer female pose showcased the genes I chose the best! I thought I’d run through my gene choices with some explanation one by one. [b]Piebald:[/b] I find that piebald is a less used gene, but it’s actually a favorite of mine that I want to incorporate more in my lair! The gene has a good way of instantly brightening up a dragon since it leaves so much white, and the splotches give a very sweet and soft look. I love the look of peach piebald, since it makes me think of sunny clouds which fits in with the light aesthetic I want to maintain! [b]Constellation:[/b] Again, another gene to reflect my personal taste. I’m a bit of a constellation fiend and I specifically love pairing treasure primaries with gem genes so had to scry her with my personal favorites! I find with constellation it’s a bit more on the dull or muted side but looks great paired with the sunny primary! I chose constellation for the sparkley look you get from the wings, just like her wings are made of sparkling, swirling light! [b]Runes:[/b] Finally, I’d give her runes. I was struggling a bit at first to find a tert that I’d personally love a lot and ended up going with runes! It’s a bit subtle on the already warm colors but I find it makes me think of some ancient inscribed artifact which again reflects light flight!
dragon?age=1&body=105&bodygene=9&breed=13&element=8&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=75&tertgene=14&winggene=25&wings=110&auth=5b7ab226e43cf73066350d5324f30a72e9a859d5&dummyext=prev.png Piebald/Constellation/Runes
I wanted to keep this girl fitting to light flight, but more to my own taste with scrying. I was tempted to leave her as pearlcatcher since it’s a light breed, but I felt the skydancer female pose showcased the genes I chose the best! I thought I’d run through my gene choices with some explanation one by one.

Piebald: I find that piebald is a less used gene, but it’s actually a favorite of mine that I want to incorporate more in my lair! The gene has a good way of instantly brightening up a dragon since it leaves so much white, and the splotches give a very sweet and soft look. I love the look of peach piebald, since it makes me think of sunny clouds which fits in with the light aesthetic I want to maintain!

Constellation: Again, another gene to reflect my personal taste. I’m a bit of a constellation fiend and I specifically love pairing treasure primaries with gem genes so had to scry her with my personal favorites! I find with constellation it’s a bit more on the dull or muted side but looks great paired with the sunny primary! I chose constellation for the sparkley look you get from the wings, just like her wings are made of sparkling, swirling light!

Runes: Finally, I’d give her runes. I was struggling a bit at first to find a tert that I’d personally love a lot and ended up going with runes! It’s a bit subtle on the already warm colors but I find it makes me think of some ancient inscribed artifact which again reflects light flight!
ExmFc9Q.png
[center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=105&bodygene=1&breed=11&element=8&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=75&tertgene=17&winggene=24&wings=110&auth=ce836a59a5a167610306d64d42a01796c0b5aebe&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [b]Nocturne: Iridescent/Noxtide/Opal[/b][/center] My my, who would have guessed that this pearlcatcher is not a pearlcatcher?! I must admit her mimic skills are impressive though. She uses her tiny pieces of opal like mirrors to scatter light and alter her look. I guess she's pretty attached to her iridescent, because that's the only thing she didn't change. I wonder why to hide noxtide, it gives her wings vibe of warm, summer morning. She looks 100% like a light dragon despite being a nocturne. Could being a shadow breed be the reason why she decided to hide her true face?
dragon?age=1&body=105&bodygene=1&breed=11&element=8&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=75&tertgene=17&winggene=24&wings=110&auth=ce836a59a5a167610306d64d42a01796c0b5aebe&dummyext=prev.png

Nocturne: Iridescent/Noxtide/Opal

My my, who would have guessed that this pearlcatcher is not a pearlcatcher?! I must admit her mimic skills are impressive though. She uses her tiny pieces of opal like mirrors to scatter light and alter her look. I guess she's pretty attached to her iridescent, because that's the only thing she didn't change. I wonder why to hide noxtide, it gives her wings vibe of warm, summer morning. She looks 100% like a light dragon despite being a nocturne. Could being a shadow breed be the reason why she decided to hide her true face?
A picture of a mutant bird. It's desaturated green with octopus tentacles instead of a beak, bat-like wings and tail. Looks omnious.A terracotta pot with some cindershrooms growing in it and tall, red flowers. In front of the pot, slightly on the right, there is a pile of orange and black stones.A terracotta pot with an oak tree bonsai in autumn.A gif of a specimen of the bird species Cyanistes caeruleus lying on its back. It holds a candycane in its feet and licks it every few seconds.
[center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=105&bodygene=22&breed=6&element=8&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=75&tertgene=12&winggene=12&wings=110&auth=ca9e46130926f23998cbc6c9789cb72a0895892d&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Of course I had to make her a Tundra [s]because my username obligates[/s] I've chosen Pinstripe because I really liked the soft purple and pink hues which it adds. Toxin matches them perfectly. Finally, I've added Stained to tone down purples, pinks and quite bold colour transitions of Pinstripe. She reminds me of a soft, warm sunset![/center]
dragon?age=1&body=105&bodygene=22&breed=6&element=8&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=75&tertgene=12&winggene=12&wings=110&auth=ca9e46130926f23998cbc6c9789cb72a0895892d&dummyext=prev.png

Of course I had to make her a Tundra because my username obligates

I've chosen Pinstripe because I really liked the soft purple and pink hues which it adds. Toxin matches them perfectly. Finally, I've added Stained to tone down purples, pinks and quite bold colour transitions of Pinstripe. She reminds me of a soft, warm sunset!
tumblr_inline_nhxsknfYST1qcphlu.png _
+9 hours
she/her please
huge tundra fan
finally workin' on my lore
image.png
[center][/center][center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/scrying/predict?morph=815804][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=105&bodygene=23&breed=4&element=8&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=75&tertgene=22&winggene=20&wings=110&auth=63fbfda5adf2680b81b1d40cff0d299700ecfe85&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url][/center] I really enjoyed working with her colors, python gives an interesting darker hue bringing fourth the yellow orange tones of the secondary and tertiary colors. python's spots also work as the shadows for the stained glass effect that bee throws in - and firefly finishes the look resembling dust particles and bugs flying in a library room. [img]https://p4.wallpaperbetter.com/wallpaper/343/573/129/fantasy-library-sunlight-wallpaper-preview.jpg[/img] I think this reflects quite well the role she would have in my clan, aiding the resident librarians administrate the inns of dandelion clan.
dragon?age=1&body=105&bodygene=23&breed=4&element=8&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=75&tertgene=22&winggene=20&wings=110&auth=63fbfda5adf2680b81b1d40cff0d299700ecfe85&dummyext=prev.png

I really enjoyed working with her colors, python gives an interesting darker hue bringing fourth the yellow orange tones of the secondary and tertiary colors. python's spots also work as the shadows for the stained glass effect that bee throws in - and firefly finishes the look resembling dust particles and bugs flying in a library room.

fantasy-library-sunlight-wallpaper-preview.jpg

I think this reflects quite well the role she would have in my clan, aiding the resident librarians administrate the inns of dandelion clan.
59452140_om9.gif
Misty | She/her | FR +5 | Artist
aaTKvHc.png
I can get distracted and forget stuff easily, please pm or ping if I missed something!
About | Avatar | Art socials
qvvKrNY.png
An unknown Pearlcatcher was walking alone through a sunflower field. “The Brightshine celebration is starting soon,” said the Pearlcatcher, all to herself. “These sunflowers are very lovely, but I have no clan or anyone to share the happiness with.” The Pearlcatcher was very sad. She sat near the sunflowers, hoping that the bright flowers would cheer her up a little. “I could share the happiness with you,” came a voice. The Pearlcatcher looked around in surprise. Surely sunflowers could not speak! A patch of sunflowers rustled. A Coatl stood up, stretching from her slumber. Upon her head was a crown of daisies and sunflowers. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/61136795][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/611368/61136795.png[/img][/url][/center] “My name is Savir,” said the Coatl. “I am a gardener, and I tend to some of the Sunbeam Ruins’ flowers on behalf of my clan. I’m sorry if I startled you!” “Oh, it is quite alright,” replied the Pearlcatcher, inclining her head in greeting. “It is nice to meet you. Please introduce your clan to me.” Together, the Pearlcatcher and the Coatl spent some time around the sunflower fields. The Coatl shared with the Pearlcatcher some of her favourite flowers, and told her about how sunflower heads follow the sun from sunrise till sunset. “Really? That do that?” asked the Pearlcatcher. “Of course!” gushed the Coatl. After a while, the two dragons took a break a slight distance away from the sunflower fields. The sun shone brightly in the horizon, making the sunflowers more vibrant in their colours. Savir took out a quill and a rolled-up paper from her pouch. The Coatl started drawing. “Here,” said the Coatl, passing on the paper to the Pearlcatcher, who looked at it in wonder. “It’s a game from my clan, called a ‘scry’. Sometimes, we like to imagine ourselves and our friends as having slightly different markings, or maybe a breed. It’s to explore the many different colours each dragon has at birth.” [columns][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=105&bodygene=13&breed=13&element=8&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=75&tertgene=17&winggene=22&wings=110&auth=c8f48957e749884243ab234a30b549c9ea5998ac&dummyext=prev.png[/img][nextcol][morphology=815816][/columns] “I chose these colours for you, because the Trail marking reminds me of the sky cast upon these sunflower fields, and Petals because we’re like counterparts. My colour would represent the sunrise and yours would represent the sunset. Remember? The sunflower heads and their tiny little petals will follow the sun.” The Coatl grinned. “Then, I imagined you with Opal. It’s a rare gene, but the colours look so pretty together - the blend of these golden sunflowers and the sky when viewed from a distance away.” The Pearlcatcher looked, and marvelled at the field of gold stretched underneath a pale blue sky. “Why a Skydancer?” asked the Pearlcatcher at last. “Because their feathers remind me of little petals! I’m a Coatl, you see. More than that, I’m a gardener. I like things that remind me of flowers. You could be one too, if you like!” The Pearlcatcher smiled warmly, having enjoyed her time with the Coatl. Perhaps Brightshine Jubilee would not be as lonely as she thought.
An unknown Pearlcatcher was walking alone through a sunflower field.

“The Brightshine celebration is starting soon,” said the Pearlcatcher, all to herself. “These sunflowers are very lovely, but I have no clan or anyone to share the happiness with.”

The Pearlcatcher was very sad. She sat near the sunflowers, hoping that the bright flowers would cheer her up a little.

“I could share the happiness with you,” came a voice.

The Pearlcatcher looked around in surprise. Surely sunflowers could not speak!

A patch of sunflowers rustled. A Coatl stood up, stretching from her slumber. Upon her head was a crown of daisies and sunflowers.
61136795.png

“My name is Savir,” said the Coatl. “I am a gardener, and I tend to some of the Sunbeam Ruins’ flowers on behalf of my clan. I’m sorry if I startled you!”

“Oh, it is quite alright,” replied the Pearlcatcher, inclining her head in greeting. “It is nice to meet you. Please introduce your clan to me.”

Together, the Pearlcatcher and the Coatl spent some time around the sunflower fields. The Coatl shared with the Pearlcatcher some of her favourite flowers, and told her about how sunflower heads follow the sun from sunrise till sunset.

“Really? That do that?” asked the Pearlcatcher.
“Of course!” gushed the Coatl.

After a while, the two dragons took a break a slight distance away from the sunflower fields. The sun shone brightly in the horizon, making the sunflowers more vibrant in their colours. Savir took out a quill and a rolled-up paper from her pouch. The Coatl started drawing.

“Here,” said the Coatl, passing on the paper to the Pearlcatcher, who looked at it in wonder. “It’s a game from my clan, called a ‘scry’. Sometimes, we like to imagine ourselves and our friends as having slightly different markings, or maybe a breed. It’s to explore the many different colours each dragon has at birth.”
dragon?age=1&body=105&bodygene=13&breed=13&element=8&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=75&tertgene=17&winggene=22&wings=110&auth=c8f48957e749884243ab234a30b549c9ea5998ac&dummyext=prev.png
Not Found

“I chose these colours for you, because the Trail marking reminds me of the sky cast upon these sunflower fields, and Petals because we’re like counterparts. My colour would represent the sunrise and yours would represent the sunset. Remember? The sunflower heads and their tiny little petals will follow the sun.” The Coatl grinned.

“Then, I imagined you with Opal. It’s a rare gene, but the colours look so pretty together - the blend of these golden sunflowers and the sky when viewed from a distance away.”

The Pearlcatcher looked, and marvelled at the field of gold stretched underneath a pale blue sky.

“Why a Skydancer?” asked the Pearlcatcher at last.

“Because their feathers remind me of little petals! I’m a Coatl, you see. More than that, I’m a gardener. I like things that remind me of flowers. You could be one too, if you like!”

The Pearlcatcher smiled warmly, having enjoyed her time with the Coatl. Perhaps Brightshine Jubilee would not be as lonely as she thought.
Kunikuzushi
[columns] [i]Let me be a Spiral dancing in the morning sky; let me take joy simply in being a child of Light.[/i] Of all the current breeds in Sornieth, the [b]Spiral[/b] seems to me to be the most cheerful; hence, it was my first choice for this festival challenge. I chose [b]Peach Metallic[/b] and [b]Sanddollar Edged[/b] to achieve a consistent pattern. Metallic also provides a reflective contrast for [b]Marigold Opal[/b], which evokes both sun and sky. [b]Happy Brightshine to all![/b] [nextcol] [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=105&bodygene=17&breed=7&element=8&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=75&tertgene=17&winggene=26&wings=110&auth=25edeeec9d9a2b250f1de90897bf13012f979609&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center] [/columns]

Let me be a Spiral dancing in the morning sky; let me take joy simply in being a child of Light.

Of all the current breeds in Sornieth, the Spiral seems to me to be the most cheerful; hence, it was my first choice for this festival challenge. I chose Peach Metallic and Sanddollar Edged to achieve a consistent pattern. Metallic also provides a reflective contrast for Marigold Opal, which evokes both sun and sky.

Happy Brightshine to all!
dragon?age=1&body=105&bodygene=17&breed=7&element=8&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=75&tertgene=17&winggene=26&wings=110&auth=25edeeec9d9a2b250f1de90897bf13012f979609&dummyext=prev.png
QyZZPnS.png

and RKxUK43.png
1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 71 72